Hulky : Let's go with the A's

Achilles : Red Sox

The One : Giants

Spencer : Blue Jays

Veilmenacex: Blue Jays

Hugh
04-22-2016, 01:50 AM
Hugh : Mariners

Even though they've been kicking me in the balls my entire life.

Madamos
04-22-2016, 01:49 PM
Yankees :)

KBHoleN1
04-22-2016, 01:54 PM
Braves, of course.

Hulky
04-22-2016, 04:48 PM
I'd say A's, but the teams I watch the most on TV are the Giants and Orioles because I draft so many of their batters in fantasy baseball.

Hugh
04-22-2016, 10:57 PM
Great idea to have people post their favorite teams and update the OP, Blex. I know who a lot of people's teams are but can't remember everyone. This helps.

Achilles
04-22-2016, 11:06 PM
Red Sox, but they're basically being managed by Money Bags from Monopoly...

The One
04-23-2016, 06:31 PM
Giants.

Cueto and Shark look decent so far. Fingers crossed.

Blexican
04-23-2016, 09:02 PM
Great idea to have people post their favorite teams and update the OP, Blex. I know who a lot of people's teams are but can't remember everyone. This helps.

Thanks! I hope it help make people feel more part of the sports community here. I'd like to encourage discussion as much as possible since... well... its sports. It also makes it easy to make a first post here. State your favorite team and jump right in.

Spencer 555
04-24-2016, 12:11 AM
Blue Jays

Madamos
04-24-2016, 09:48 AM
I'm not sure if you can all see this vid, but holly fuck.

https://www.facebook.com/Dodgers/videos/10154819094248508/?pnref=story

Sanosuke
04-25-2016, 11:19 AM
Is that the one of puig, bbb?

Sanosuke
04-25-2016, 11:19 AM
Double post to say Go Braves.

Madamos
04-25-2016, 03:03 PM
Is that the one of puig, bbb?

Yeah!

Achilles
04-25-2016, 04:19 PM
This David Price contract is playing out like a classic "let's throw money at our problems" Red Sox scenario...

Hugh
04-25-2016, 10:47 PM
Doug Fister is pitching for Houston now. He's facing Seattle tonight, his old team. Well one of his old teams.
A few years ago when he was with us we had him and a relief pitcher named Charlie Furbush. We still have Furbush actually.
So when Charlie would come in to relieve Doug the line was Fister/Furbush I mean come on. Fister Furbush?! That's fucking solid gold.

Hugh
04-27-2016, 08:05 AM
I hope Ichiro gets to 3,000 hits this season and retires. It's gonna be close. With Stanton, Yelich and Ozuna ( still can't believe how good that outfield is ) there's not much room for a 42 year old Ichiro, but he's making the most of his at bats. I just don't know if he'll get enough of them. It's a tough spot for Mattingly I think, or maybe not. No idea how he feels about it. It'd be a tough spot for me, but I'm a big Ichiron fan.

Hugh
04-27-2016, 04:10 PM
This David Price contract is playing out like a classic "let's throw money at our problems" Red Sox scenario...

Yep. Speaking of which I can't believe how much better Travis Shaw is than Kung Fu Panda. Better in every way and a lot younger, and also not fatass who breaks his belt swinging a bat. The Red Sox just threw $100 million in the garbage.

Sanosuke
04-28-2016, 10:52 AM
Ichiro is awesome. Hoping he gets 3k too.

I'm really liking Maeda and how he's pitching.

Miserable year to be a Braves fan. I hope they call up Dansby Swanson soon.

Madamos
04-28-2016, 03:20 PM
Chris Colabello - “They found a trace amount of metabolite in my urine stream. And that’s the only thing I know for a fact. I don’t know where it came from. I’m still trying to figure out how it got there. It’s all I can do.”

Sounds like a dude that got STD's trying to tell his GF he has no clue how he got them...

Nightmarez
04-28-2016, 05:25 PM
Ichiro is awesome. Hoping he gets 3k too.

I'm really liking Maeda and how he's pitching.

Miserable year to be a Braves fan. I hope they call up Dansby Swanson soon.

Your front office has made some solid moves though. They blew up what they were doing before obviously but some of that up and coming talent is exciting.

Sanosuke
04-28-2016, 10:46 PM
Yeah except the whole situation with a 31 or 32 yo cuban hitter with less than 100 ABs getting arrested for assault and paying him way too much before he even plays

Greendaybum5
05-03-2016, 03:32 PM
My favorite team is the Phillies....

Surprising start! Once the weather starts warming up I'd assume the pitching staff will start to go into a slump. Our bats still aren't anything special and we've got a negative run differential which spells disaster.

Da Gyps
05-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Still not worried yet.

http://i.imgur.com/VMpTGTD.gif

Sanosuke
05-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Gypsyy yess

Da Gyps
05-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Saaaaaaaaaaaaaanoooooooo.

Sanosuke
05-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Dansby Swanson is going to hopefully not be trash.

Nightmarez
05-05-2016, 09:12 PM
Dansby Swanson is going to hopefully not be trash.

Such a positive opinion.

Hector Olivera was probably a bad move... but the Braves have made mostly good decisions. Look at Shelby Miller now. He's a mess.

manonfire101
05-06-2016, 12:20 AM
17 runs in 5 innings at AT&T makes me so god damn happy.

Spencer 555
05-06-2016, 08:05 PM
17 runs in 5 innings at AT&T makes me so god damn happy.

With Trevor Story proving himself in the bigs (I think at this point the dude has at least a SOLID future and was a very underrated prospect) and brenden rodgers completely destroying the minors already that's gonna be a really interesting situation for the rockies moving forward. Very interested to see how Hoffman pans out as well, still high on him as a solid #3 starter or better.

Also Miguel Castro looks like a potentially dominant BP arm. Wish him the best of luck.

Hate the Rockies front office, but you guys have a lot exciting situations developing. Arenado is destroying the league.

Hugh
05-08-2016, 12:46 AM
Kyle Seager would hit 40+ bombs a year if he played for the Rockies. I can't get on board with the numbers anyone puts up on that team.
Robinson Cano is off his ass right now. Killing it. I'm pretty excited about the Mariners.

manonfire101
05-08-2016, 02:53 AM
No he wouldn't. Coors Field isn't the most hitter-friendly park for Home Runs. It ranks behind Yankee Stadium, Miller Park, Camden Yards, and Wrigley Field in terms of Park Factor for Home Runs. And Colorado just raised their outfield walls by about 9 feet this season. Rox have hit 17 home runs at home and 25 on the road this season. Admittedly have played 18 on the road and 12 at home this season, but the ratio is still about 1:1. Last season it was 102 at home, 84 on the road, which isn't a huge disparity. The real advantage to playing at Coors Field is the ball moves straighter and the field is fucking huge.

So you should take Rockies hitters stats with a grain of salt. The annoying thing about this to me, though, is that nobody ever considers adverse effects, like fatigue factor of playing 81 games at altitude, or that it might be hard to play a half and half schedule where the dynamics of a baseball completely change on the road. And there's a double standard for our pitching. Tyler Chatwood is 4-2 with a 2.15 ERA, and nobody gives a shit.

manonfire101
05-08-2016, 02:55 AM
With Trevor Story proving himself in the bigs (I think at this point the dude has at least a SOLID future and was a very underrated prospect) and brenden rodgers completely destroying the minors already that's gonna be a really interesting situation for the rockies moving forward. Very interested to see how Hoffman pans out as well, still high on him as a solid #3 starter or better.

Also Miguel Castro looks like a potentially dominant BP arm. Wish him the best of luck.

Hate the Rockies front office, but you guys have a lot exciting situations developing. Arenado is destroying the league.

Ya, we all hate the Rockies front office. Pitching outlook is a bit brighter for sure. Gray looked great today.

Spencer 555
05-08-2016, 03:16 AM
Ya, we all hate the Rockies front office. Pitching outlook is a bit brighter for sure. Gray looked great today.

Don't really follow Gray too much, seems like he's been around a long time as a top prospect.

manonfire101
05-08-2016, 03:35 AM
Ya for a little while. He started a little rough, but he's been a lot better lately. Still has good velocity and a good slider. It's too bad he didn't get a win today, but Cueto's going to Cueto so.

Nightmarez
05-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Gray was drafted the pick after Bryant so it's not like he's that old.

Nightmarez
05-08-2016, 12:25 PM
No he wouldn't. Coors Field isn't the most hitter-friendly park for Home Runs. It ranks behind Yankee Stadium, Miller Park, Camden Yards, and Wrigley Field in terms of Park Factor for Home Runs. And Colorado just raised their outfield walls by about 9 feet this season. Rox have hit 17 home runs at home and 25 on the road this season. Admittedly have played 18 on the road and 12 at home this season, but the ratio is still about 1:1. Last season it was 102 at home, 84 on the road, which isn't a huge disparity. The real advantage to playing at Coors Field is the ball moves straighter and the field is fucking huge.

So you should take Rockies hitters stats with a grain of salt. The annoying thing about this to me, though, is that nobody ever considers adverse effects, like fatigue factor of playing 81 games at altitude, or that it might be hard to play a half and half schedule where the dynamics of a baseball completely change on the road. And there's a double standard for our pitching. Tyler Chatwood is 4-2 with a 2.15 ERA, and nobody gives a shit.

Kyle would probably hit .290 in Coors though.

Spencer 555
05-08-2016, 12:33 PM
Kyle would probably hit .290 in Coors though.

3b is insane this year. So many amazingly good players.

Machado, Arenado and Donaldson are kinda solidifying themselves as perennial 6+ win players and Bryant is right there as well.

Nightmarez
05-08-2016, 12:48 PM
3b is insane this year. So many amazingly good players.

Machado, Arenado and Donaldson are kinda solidifying themselves as perennial 6+ win players and Bryant is right there as well.

I think by the end of the year, there will be no point in separating Bryant from the other three. Most likely I think he'll make a case as good as any of the others.

Achilles
05-08-2016, 02:02 PM
Yep. Speaking of which I can't believe how much better Travis Shaw is than Kung Fu Panda. Better in every way and a lot younger, and also not fatass who breaks his belt swinging a bat. The Red Sox just threw $100 million in the garbage.

Sorry for the late reply, worked like eighty hours this past week.

We're all honestly happy he's out. I was actually shocked when I found out he was sincerely injured, we just thought the fat fuck was bowing out for the season and collecting a check.

With the combination of his weight, totally non-existent work ethic, and big contract, the Sox would be lucky if they could trade him for a bag of baseballs. The rhetoric here has overwhelmingly supported the Sox just cutting him to set an example to the rest of them team, as we have so me huge contracts not playing well at all. I know we have a great young core (Bradley Jr, Betts, Bogart, Rodriguez, Shaw, etc), and people like to consider Boston fans spoiled - but a lot of people lose sight that the Sox have one of the highest payrolls in baseball, and have come in last 3 out of the last 4 years.

John Henry is so disillusioned in regard to a long term plan for building a baseball team. The '04 and some of the '07 team were built by Dan Duquette before the new ownership took over - Manny, Pedro, Varitek, Wakefield, etc. So they can't take all the credit for those runs. And '13, as fun as it was, was a fucking fluke and a half. They have no vision for a team. After '13, with the relative lack of star power, their tone was basically "we're smarter than everyone and didn't pay out big contracts and instead used baseball math to win with mostly no-name players." Then they blew it the next year and went out and bought the most expensive players on the market.

Like I said, I just imagine Henry throwing fistfuls of cash at pinned up baseball cards to construct a team.

Nightmarez
05-08-2016, 02:07 PM
Sorry for the late reply, worked like eighty hours this past week.

We're all honestly happy he's out. I was actually shocked when I found out he was sincerely injured, we just thought the fat fuck was bowing out for the season and collecting a check.

With the combination of his weight, totally non-existent work ethic, and big contract, the Sox would be lucky if they could trade him for a bag of baseballs. The rhetoric here has overwhelmingly supported the Sox just cutting him to set an example to the rest of them team, as we have so me huge contracts not playing well at all. I know we have a great young core (Bradley Jr, Betts, Bogart, Rodriguez, Shaw, etc), and people like to consider Boston fans spoiled - but a lot of people lose sight that the Sox have one of the highest payrolls in baseball, and have come in last 3 out of the last 4 years.

John Henry is so disillusioned in regard to a long term plan for building a baseball team. The '04 and some of the '07 team were built by Dan Duquette before the new ownership took over - Manny, Pedro, Varitek, Wakefield, etc. So they can't take all the credit for those runs. And '13, as fun as it was, was a fucking fluke and a half. They have no vision for a team. After '13, with the relative lack of star power, their tone was basically "we're smarter than everyone and didn't pay out big contracts and instead used baseball math to win with mostly no-name players." Then they blew it the next year and went out and bought the most expensive players on the market.

Like I said, I just imagine Henry throwing fistfuls of cash at pinned up baseball cards to construct a team.

Yoan Moncada and Benintendi especially are going to be full fledged studs. Combine them with Devers, Betts, and Boegarts and you've got a great core.

Nightmarez
05-08-2016, 08:24 PM
Bryce Harper went 0-0 with 6 BB and 1 HBP today to make his last two games line 0-0 9 BB 1 HBP 1 Sac Fly.

Zimmerman also had 14 men left on base by himself today, which has never happened in MLB history or at least since they started recording the stat.

I'malive
05-09-2016, 03:31 AM
Yoan Moncada and Benintendi especially are going to be full fledged studs. Combine them with Devers, Betts, and Boegarts and you've got a great core.

I don't see devers being an mlb stud (and he's been real bad so far this year, not that it means much), but benintendi is the fucken truth..

Nightmarez
05-09-2016, 10:54 AM
I don't see devers being an mlb stud (and he's been real bad so far this year, not that it means much), but benintendi is the fucken truth..

Yeah, I mean there's definitely a reason I separated Devers from the other two, but I still think he's got a lot of talent.

I also wouldn't worried about the minors at all... he's 19 in Hi-A. Idk how close you typically follow age and minor league system, but 19 is far ahead of the curve for a Hi-A prospect. His Plate Discipline in the minors this year has also been spectacular to, so at least there's a maturation of one skill, and at 19 all you have to do is learn one skill at a time lol.

Benintendi is one of the better-best pure hitters in the minors right now. I'm in love with him tbh. I know Moncada's the higher rated and I understand why but I agree, Benintendi is the fucking truth.

Serge
05-09-2016, 10:26 PM
Bryce Harper went 0-0 with 6 BB and 1 HBP today to make his last two games line 0-0 9 BB 1 HBP 1 Sac Fly.

Zimmerman also had 14 men left on base by himself today, which has never happened in MLB history or at least since they started recording the stat.

And yet he is still behind Harper in the lineup lol.

Ending to tonight's game was ridiculous. Bottom of the 9th Espinosa strikes out looking at a ball high in the zone. Someone from the Nats dugout presumably yelled something because the home plate ump ejects Harper who was in the dugout. After the ensuing shit show ends Clint Robinson hitting for the pitchers spot jacks a walkoff homer on the first pitch he sees. Only he had been in the cages warming up and didn't realize it wasn't the bottom of the 8th until he rounded third and saw the whole team waiting for him at home. Lmao.

As he makes it home you can see Ben Revere bucking at the ump that ejected Harper and yelling "What now?" And then Harper himself points at said ump amd yells "Fuck you!". Smdh.

Da Gyps
05-09-2016, 10:41 PM
Concern level is rising.

Nightmarez
05-09-2016, 11:56 PM
And yet he is still behind Harper in the lineup lol.

Ending to tonight's game was ridiculous. Bottom of the 9th Espinosa strikes out looking at a ball high in the zone. Someone from the Nats dugout presumably yelled something because the home plate ump ejects Harper who was in the dugout. After the ensuing shit show ends Clint Robinson hitting for the pitchers spot jacks a walkoff homer on the first pitch he sees. Only he had been in the cages warming up and didn't realize it wasn't the bottom of the 8th until he rounded third and saw the whole team waiting for him at home. Lmao.

As he makes it home you can see Ben Revere bucking at the ump that ejected Harper and yelling "What now?" And then Harper himself points at said ump amd yells "Fuck you!". Smdh.

Yeah if only you had someone like Daniel Murphy hitting way better than Zimmerman to bat 4th.

I'malive
05-10-2016, 12:53 AM
Yeah, I mean there's definitely a reason I separated Devers from the other two, but I still think he's got a lot of talent.

I also wouldn't worried about the minors at all... he's 19 in Hi-A. Idk how close you typically follow age and minor league system, but 19 is far ahead of the curve for a Hi-A prospect. His Plate Discipline in the minors this year has also been spectacular to, so at least there's a maturation of one skill, and at 19 all you have to do is learn one skill at a time lol.

Benintendi is one of the better-best pure hitters in the minors right now. I'm in love with him tbh. I know Moncada's the higher rated and I understand why but I agree, Benintendi is the fucking truth.

Yeah I mean realistically devers is getting babip'd to death right now, and given his age there's nothing to worry about, I just don't see him as being the elite pure hitter that beni and moncada both seem to be. Overall the Red Sox high a team is absolutely absurdly stacked with all three of them right now though, and I can't wait until they make their way to Portland. Add in the strikeout machine that is Anderson Espinoza and I am super excited for our farm system right now, especially given that of the 4 only beni is even over 20 years old..

Madamos
05-10-2016, 07:14 AM
Yo serge, i love that avatar. I remember going to the olympic
Stadium every game with my
Dad when I was a kid. I recently went to a Jays vs red sox game at the olympic stadium. I was nostalgic. Miss the expos.

Serge
05-10-2016, 11:32 PM
Yeah, since Mel/Hulky grabbed the stock avatars from the old forums (I think) they're so outdated there wasn't a Nationals avatar but there was an Expos one. I was scrolling through thinking, "How is my team the only one without an avatar?" when it dawned on me just how old TAO is/was.

I'm definitely keeping it.

Hugh
05-10-2016, 11:38 PM
Mariners got this fat, 35 year old Korean guy named Dae Ho Lee. He's got like 350 bombs in Japan but he's a rookie here. He's pretty fucking good. We're using him situationally now but he can hit it a mile and catch up to almost anything. I'm positive pitchers will find plenty of holes in his swing in time, but so far he's doing well.
Best thing though is that he's huge and dumpy with short arms and always smiling. Fans just love him.

Hulky
05-10-2016, 11:41 PM
I could have won quiet a bit on DraftKings if the PIT/CIN game wasn't delayed. Not sure what happens with a delay but I think I get 0s for all those spots. Which sucks. Now I'm just around break even (currently at double). :|

Gryph
05-12-2016, 09:32 AM
I could have won quiet a bit on DraftKings if the PIT/CIN game wasn't delayed. Not sure what happens with a delay but I think I get 0s for all those spots. Which sucks. Now I'm just around break even (currently at double). :|

http://dailybaseballdata.com/cgi-bin/weather.pl

^ Updated daily.

Serge
05-12-2016, 06:21 PM
So Max struck out 20 last night. Probably the greatest sports performance I've ever watched live. Only 3 other people have done it ever.

Hugh
05-13-2016, 01:29 AM
That's sick. I watched some highlights but seeing it happen must have been awesome.

Madamos
05-13-2016, 12:53 PM
Just saw that too. Thats insane. They were showing other stats on the news.

Over 200 no hitters,
23 perfects
And only 5 times was 20+ strikeouts ever made.

Spencer 555
05-13-2016, 01:12 PM
Wish I had seen it, scherzer is pretty much must watch baseball.

Hulky
05-13-2016, 04:35 PM
I just saw a picture of Max Scherzer, kinda cool to see someone with different colored eyes.

Da Gyps
05-14-2016, 10:53 PM
Concern level is rising.

The starting pitching is really a problem.

rainblade
05-15-2016, 07:10 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--M2TdiV34--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/dzytltukqx096x7lbsyd.gif

Nice right cross, followed by a left-handed glove slap. lol

Hugh
05-15-2016, 07:22 PM
If do right, no can defend.

Madamos
05-15-2016, 07:29 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--M2TdiV34--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/dzytltukqx096x7lbsyd.gif

Nice right cross, followed by a left-handed glove slap. lol

Was watching that game , holly shit ahaha. Epic!

Spencer 555
05-15-2016, 07:53 PM
Glad to see the blue jays bp start the season 2-12. literally the worst bp in the league this yearin the clutch and the worst record for abp in over 100 years to start the season. cant twll u guys how disappointed i am in the jays this year. go raps

Hugh
05-15-2016, 11:29 PM
I know that Beltre was just trying to break it up, but he held Bautista way too long. Far away from everyone and long after the main scuffle died down. Bautista and him are both big stars and probably friends, but I would have told him to get the fuck off me if I was Jose. He just got drilled in the grill and then someone on the other team is bear hugging him for 5 minutes. Nope. No way.

Spencer 555
05-15-2016, 11:32 PM
Im assuming Beltre calmed him down and reminded him he's 35 vs a 21.

Hugh
05-15-2016, 11:41 PM
However, I tip my hat to Odor for having the balls to throw an actual punch in a baseball fight. Not that I'm supporting fighting in baseball because I'm not, but I'm getting tired of watching these guys stick their chests out and get in each others faces and pointing, screaming, crowing, shoving, all while waiting for someone to break it up do they can pretend to struggle like they want to get free and really fight. It's fucking lame. I've seen 70 year old pitching coaches break up bench clearing brawls. It's all bullshit. Guys acting tough for the camera.
So maybe the next guy will think twice before getting nose to nose with another player. Because he might get punched in the face, just like in the real world.

Hugh
05-15-2016, 11:48 PM
Im assuming Beltre calmed him down and reminded him he's 35 vs a 21.

35?! Holy shit that's old! I'm surprised Bautista didn't hit him with his cane.

Spencer 555
05-16-2016, 08:33 AM
35?! Holy shit that's old! I'm surprised Bautista didn't hit him with his cane.

I was actually thinking bout it from a diff perspective, I view 21 as a kid and 35 as a man. Neither of these two should be swinging at each other regardless but personally think if bautista had swung at a kid that would leave a poor taste in everyone's mouth. Im guessing you view odor as a responsible adult? Serious question lol not trolling.

Da Gyps
05-17-2016, 05:30 PM
Was watching that game , holly shit ahaha. Epic!

Could not have happened to a more deserving twat.

Sanosuke
05-17-2016, 10:37 PM
So glad Fredi G is gone. Kinda shocked they went with Snitker over Pendleton but I understand the reasoning.

Madamos
05-17-2016, 10:53 PM
Could not have happened to a more deserving twat.
Oh i agree.

Da Gyps
05-21-2016, 05:19 PM
Could not have hoped for more out of Gee and Duffy.

Hugh
05-22-2016, 06:52 PM
The Mariners are good this year.
Feels weird typing those words as a sentence.

Spencer 555
05-22-2016, 08:12 PM
I think seager and cano are the keys there. The mariners have very little depth.

Hugh
05-22-2016, 08:57 PM
I would have agreed in the past but I think they do have some depth this year. Nothing like Toronto, of course, with Smoak and Saunders coming off the bench, but you can have those guys. I saw enough of them. :)

Spencer 555
05-23-2016, 02:39 PM
I would have agreed in the past but I think they do have some depth this year. Nothing like Toronto, of course, with Smoak and Saunders coming off the bench, but you can have those guys. I saw enough of them. :)

LOL that was awesome, but honestly, what the hell happens if seager or cano goes down?

Hugh
05-23-2016, 11:01 PM
Same thing that happens when any teams best players go down. Someone either picks up the slack or they don't. Seattle has more HRs than Toronto so far. Ever hear of Nelson Cruz?:)
In other news Ichiro had 4 hits today. He's hitting .417 in 60 at bats this year, and only needs 40 hits for 3,000. I love Ichiro, in case that wasn't clear.

Serge
05-24-2016, 02:43 AM
Don't know how I never knew this existed since it's by one of my favorite artists but I just came across this:

https://youtu.be/uNG2cRlHfaY

Spencer 555
05-24-2016, 03:51 PM
Same thing that happens when any teams best players go down. Someone either picks up the slack or they don't. Seattle has more HRs than Toronto so far. Ever hear of Nelson Cruz?:)
In other news Ichiro had 4 hits today. He's hitting .417 in 60 at bats this year, and only needs 40 hits for 3,000. I love Ichiro, in case that wasn't clear.

Im not comparing my team to urs hugh, nor am I attacking it. I just feel like seattle has very little depth. I don't really see nelson cruz as a good player in comparison to those two and I can't even name the other players on ur roster lol.

If I had to bet on seattle making the playoffs this year I'd say no and that's just my opinion sorry :P.

Da Gyps
05-24-2016, 04:54 PM
Don't know how I never knew this existed since it's by one of my favorite artists but I just came across this:

https://youtu.be/uNG2cRlHfaY

lmao

Buuuut it's definitely not the best sports song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTe8BBOefOY

Spencer 555
05-24-2016, 07:38 PM
back 2 back by drake u mean

Hugh
05-24-2016, 08:22 PM
Im not comparing my team to urs hugh, nor am I attacking it. I just feel like seattle has very little depth. I don't really see nelson cruz as a good player in comparison to those two and I can't even name the other players on ur roster lol.

If I had to bet on seattle making the playoffs this year I'd say no and that's just my opinion sorry :P.

Nelson Cruz is an elite power hitter in the league. He's coming off back to back 40 bomb seasons. He led the league with 44 HRs last year and had a .936 OPS. He won the Silver Slugger and was a legit MVP candidate. He's good.
If you don't know anyone else on the Mariners it's just because you don't give a shit. I totally understand, but it doesn't mean a thing besides that.

Da Gyps
05-24-2016, 08:59 PM
back 2 back by drake u mean

Pretty sure it's KStateo followed by Scheme Doctor. LOL.

Hugh
05-25-2016, 01:06 AM
If the season ended today I'd have to say David Ortiz is the AL MVP. 40 years old and he's absolutely killing it.

Sanosuke
05-26-2016, 02:00 AM
If the season ended today I'd have to say David Ortiz is the AL MVP. 40 years old and he's absolutely killing it.

Not hard when all you have to do is hit and get to stay overweight.

Gryph
05-26-2016, 06:38 AM

DA SHAAAADE.

I love it. lmao

Hugh
05-26-2016, 10:13 AM

Right, because getting old and being overweight totally helps bat speed and pitch recognition and confidence. Everyone knows that...
Everything Ortiz is doing at the plate is hard. He's an old, fat, pure pull hitter that every pitcher in the league knows everything about. Him playing first base wouldn't make much difference.

Spencer 555
05-26-2016, 10:48 AM
Absolutely agree, I want big papi to get an MVP and be a first ballot hof. Papi get's in the same year Edgar makes it.

Da Gyps
05-26-2016, 08:03 PM
Well shit

Hugh
05-26-2016, 08:05 PM
Put a roof on that shithouse.
Just kidding, Gyps. :)

Da Gyps
05-26-2016, 08:20 PM
:P

Moose is out for the year is what that post was about.

Hugh
05-26-2016, 08:42 PM
Oh, that blows.

Da Gyps
05-26-2016, 08:45 PM
Definitely less than ideal. :/

Spencer 555
05-27-2016, 12:17 AM
No more magic in kc I guess. Wtf happened to kendrys eh? He and vmart are rotating good years.

Da Gyps
05-27-2016, 12:26 AM
Yeah he is having a terrible year. This team will fight for a playoff spot I think. If not, I think they need to seriously think about moving guys they don't think they can keep (Hosmer for one) in exchange for prospects.

Gryph
05-27-2016, 05:01 PM
For what it's worth, most of Kendry's numbers ay he shouldn't be that bad, babip, launch angle, exit velocity, etc, everything lines up for him just being average this year. He might just be an anomaly on the chart this year

Da Gyps
05-27-2016, 06:25 PM
That does not help. It's probably just the repercussions of the devil magic used to win the WS.

Hugh
05-27-2016, 06:53 PM
Heading down to the game to watch King Felix. Got tickets in the King's Court.
I might post drunk later.

Hugh
05-28-2016, 01:23 PM
Motherfuck.

Da Gyps
05-28-2016, 05:47 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEE boys. Did not think that was going to be a W.

Hugh
05-28-2016, 07:51 PM
You guys were down 7-1 in the bottom of the 9th and won? Lol. Holy shit, dude. That's amazing.

Da Gyps
05-28-2016, 08:12 PM
FIRST FUCKING PLACE. Kind of...

This central race could be wild.

Spencer 555
05-28-2016, 10:48 PM
royals blood magic. some game of thrones bull shit

Da Gyps
05-29-2016, 07:48 PM
First place for real now. Before June. Never would have guessed that after the series vs the Yankees.

Hugh
06-03-2016, 12:46 AM
Mariners were down 12-2 in San Diego in the 6th inning. They scored 14 runs and are now up 16-13. Crazy shit.

Sanosuke
06-04-2016, 08:05 PM
Braves aren't done selling the house yet it seems.

Hulky
06-06-2016, 10:28 PM
It would be fantastic if James Paxton of the Seattle team would wreck CLE. I'm borderline hovering up and down the money line on my contest today and I'm starting him and it says he is 0.0% owned. So if he has a big day or at least a respectable day I think it's likely I'll place. Fucking Mets got postponed so I'm playing down a player too.

God damn it, apparently Joc Pederson isn't in the lineup anymore now too. So now I'm down two players. He was in the lineup when I checked earlier. uuuuuuuggggghhhhhh.

James Paxton you better get infinite strike outs and pitch a perfect game I want my money back.

Da Gyps
06-06-2016, 11:27 PM
Man, the Royals are extremely hot and cold this year.

manonfire101
06-08-2016, 12:48 AM
Rough night, Gyps.

Da Gyps
06-08-2016, 07:21 AM
Thought Ventura was past that shit.

Sanosuke
06-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Really sucks because Ventura has godtier stuff/potential and his temper is definitely holding him back.

Sanosuke
06-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Also, saw a funny tweet that said: "The MLB needs to show they're serious about this and have Ventura and Machado play 6 games for the Braves as punishment."

Sanosuke
06-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Right, because getting old and being overweight totally helps bat speed and pitch recognition and confidence. Everyone knows that...
Everything Ortiz is doing at the plate is hard. He's an old, fat, pure pull hitter that every pitcher in the league knows everything about. Him playing first base wouldn't make much difference.

I mean, your strength isn't going to dissipate over night or over years even. I would hope someone would be good at pitch recognition if they've been playing at the MLB level for 19 years. And it's easy to be confident when somehow, miraculously, at 40, you're on pace to set career highs in every stat.

I don't hate the redsox, but being a DH is the easiest job in baseball. Nothing he's doing is impressive, nor will it ever be impressive at this point for me because if you're not hitting north of .270 anyways then you shouldn't be getting paid to exclusively hit and be an (overweight)athlete.

Batting is only down versus pitching because of the mound changes. It'll get lowered again someday or the strikezone will be altered and the bats will catch fire again and no one will care. David Ortiz isn't even the best player on his team right now.

Spencer 555
06-08-2016, 02:28 PM
I mean, your strength isn't going to dissipate over night or over years even. I would hope someone would be good at pitch recognition if they've been playing at the MLB level for 19 years. And it's easy to be confident when somehow, miraculously, at 40, you're on pace to set career highs in every stat.

I don't hate the redsox, but being a DH is the easiest job in baseball. Nothing he's doing is impressive, nor will it ever be impressive at this point for me because if you're not hitting north of .270 anyways then you shouldn't be getting paid to exclusively hit and be an (overweight)athlete.

Batting is only down versus pitching because of the mound changes. It'll get lowered again someday or the strikezone will be altered and the bats will catch fire again and no one will care. David Ortiz isn't even the best player on his team right now.

He actually is the best player on his team right now according to almost every stat other then batting avg. Can't wait for the MLB to make the NL use DHs.

Spencer 555
06-08-2016, 02:31 PM
Scratch that, looks like fangraphs thinks bogz is better in terms of WAR. Ortiz is #2 on his team and #10 in baseball. Red sox are just incredible all around though.

Sanosuke
06-09-2016, 11:38 AM
He actually is the best player on his team right now according to almost every stat other then batting avg. Can't wait for the MLB to make the NL use DHs.

Bog contributes more to the team than David Ortiz. Right now.

The DH doesn't need to be in the NL.

Hulky
06-11-2016, 03:12 PM
When does suspensions happen for Machado for charging the plate? I thought it would be right away but he just hit a HR.

KBHoleN1
06-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Players generally appeal suspensions and the suspensions don't start until that appeal is heard, which is usually the first time the team has an off day or between series.

Hulky
06-11-2016, 04:23 PM
How long is something like that though? Like a couple games or do they just do fines?

Sanosuke
06-12-2016, 01:01 AM
He'll probably get something relative to what the pitcher misses. So 1 start for a pitcher (which is typically every 5 days) I'd imagine would be a 5 game suspension for Machado.

Serge
06-12-2016, 09:17 PM
Nats have the second best record in the NL and are 4.5 up on the Mets. Cubs are coming to town but even if we get swept again and the Mets sweep their series we will still be 1.5 games up and headed out to San Diego.

I'm feeling pretty good about winning the division, but there is no way we do ANYTHING in the playoffs without picking up an actual closer.

Sanosuke
06-13-2016, 08:43 PM
The closer is a superficial role that really isn't needed other than to appease traditionalist.

The Nats are looking good though.

Spencer 555
06-13-2016, 11:09 PM
Shawn Kelley with the 2 inning save tn

Serge
06-14-2016, 12:07 PM
Well, yeah, I agree, closer is stupid and if the other team's best bats are due up in the eight you need your best reliever to pitch the eighth and who pitches the ninth is much less important. Doesn't change the gact that Dusty Baker is old fashioned and Papelbon is garbage right now.

The rest of the bullpen has been great, but we still need a stud to replace Paps or else we are gonna lose close games in a playoff series.

KBHoleN1
06-14-2016, 12:15 PM
http://heartbreakhypnotist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/baseball-closeup.jpg

Have you seen my baseball?

Hugh
06-15-2016, 11:49 PM
Congratulations, Ichiro, on collecting more hits than any player in professional baseball. Of course Pete Rose has the MLB record and probably always will, but to me Ichiro is the champ.

Gryph
06-16-2016, 01:43 AM
Congratulations, Ichiro, on collecting more hits than any player in professional baseball. Of course Pete Rose has the MLB record and probably always will, but to me Ichiro is the champ.

I tuned in during work to watch his at bats. Scholar of the game, greatest hitter in the history of baseball.

Hulky
06-16-2016, 02:55 PM
I thought Blake Snell was supposed to be a great prospect. Looks terribad today.

Da Gyps
06-16-2016, 03:14 PM

Unsurprisingly, Pete Rose was an idiot about it. Big congrats to Ichiro, hell of a player.

Spencer 555
06-16-2016, 08:59 PM
The jays really like hitting aaron nola. Poor guy lol

Da Gyps
06-16-2016, 09:02 PM
So glad the Royals currently have their heads out of their asses. Such an odd team. Gotta imagine 6 straight wins, 8 straight losses, 5+ straight wins doesn't happen super often.

Sanosuke
06-17-2016, 02:28 PM
Ichiro is a machine. Love that guy.

Hugh
06-17-2016, 10:10 PM
I can't believe how good Michael Saunders has been for Toronto this year.

Da Gyps
06-17-2016, 11:20 PM
Same. But replace good with bad and the other bits with everybody in their bullpen and Detroit.

Hulky
06-17-2016, 11:24 PM
I can't believe how good Michael Saunders has been for Toronto this year.

Yeah he got me 20 points today in fantasy lol (for reference in the TAO league getting 200 total in a week is awesome)

3/5 3 HR 8 RBI

Hugh
06-18-2016, 01:41 AM
The Atlanta Braves have hit 29 homeruns...total.
As a team, combined, all season.
That's pretty fucking hard to believe.

Nightmarez
06-22-2016, 11:14 PM
Ichiros an all time great but I don't really blame people for their reactions to the story. It's not Ichiros fault but the stories really were trying to make it sound like he had the most hits in MLB history... Counting his Japanese hits is kinda absurd from a statistical POV. Pete Rose was a bit over the top but honestly Think he was right

KBHoleN1
06-23-2016, 09:03 AM
Ichiros an all time great but I don't really blame people for their reactions to the story. It's not Ichiros fault but the stories really were trying to make it sound like he had the most hits in MLB history... Counting his Japanese hits is kinda absurd from a statistical POV. Pete Rose was a bit over the top but honestly Think he was right

I disagree.

ROSE MYTH #4: Ichiro gained extra hits from playing against weaker pitching in Japan.

TRUTH: Ichiro LOST about 50 hits per year from playing in Japan’s 130-game schedule.

He averaged 227 hits in his first seven seasons with the Seattle Mariners, but only 177 hits in his first seven full seasons with the Orix Blue Wave.

Did Ichiro’s Japan batting average benefit from weaker pitching? Yes: By about 26 points.

In his first seven full seasons with Orix he batted an incredible .359, compared to .333 in his next seven with the Mariners.

However, this dip was trumped by MLB’s 162 game schedule which increased his yearly average of at-bats from 494 to 682.

Over those seven years in Japan, Ichiro lost about 1316 at-bats – enough at-bats for two major league seasons.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/pete-rose-accept-ichiro-real-hit-king-article-1.2674831

So looking at it from that perspective, you can discount some of the hits Ichiro amassed in Japan, but you also have to add some to his total for playing fewer games. Ichiro dominated the minute he hit MLB (227 hits per season over his first 7!!!), so it's not like you can say his performance in Japan was subpar. MLB will never recognize hits not accumulated in MLB, and I don't think anyone is saying they should. But to undermine what Ichiro did and for Rose to sit there and make the snide remarks he did (next thing they'll be counting his high school hits), it's just petty.

That's a great article by the way, and includes a lot of discussion about the exclusion of Negro leaguers and how Bonds said once that he wasn't the single season home run king, that Josh Gibson's 84 home runs in the 1936 Negro league make him the king.

KBHoleN1
06-23-2016, 09:05 AM
The Atlanta Braves have hit 29 homeruns...total.
As a team, combined, all season.
That's pretty fucking hard to believe.

Baseball is funny. Before the 3-0 loss yesterday, the Braves held the longest win streak in the majors at 6 in a row (including a sweep @NYM). They could very well lose their next 6, but for that one week they were great.

Sanosuke
06-24-2016, 02:05 PM
I like the job Snitker is doing. It sucks we lost Mallex Smith to a thumb injury but I can't contain my excitement for all the talent building up in the minors.

Nightmarez
06-24-2016, 10:02 PM
AAA players play fewer games a season to. Why aren't we counting AAA hits?

Hulky
06-28-2016, 12:50 AM
Kris Bryant is insane 3 HR today

Gryph
06-28-2016, 07:36 AM
Kris Bryant is insane 3 HR today

21 points lol

The One
06-28-2016, 11:44 PM
Giants back to their old tricks again. #evenyear

Hugh
06-29-2016, 01:12 AM
Rangers are fucking unstoppable right now. I was actually thinking the Ms might give them a run for their money this year. At least make it interesting.
Nope.

Greendaybum5
06-29-2016, 04:19 PM
Rangers are fucking unstoppable right now. I was actually thinking the Ms might give them a run for their money this year. At least make it interesting.
Nope.

Hamels is lights out again. Great deal for them last year, hopefully the prospects pan out for the Phillies and both teams can benefit haha.

Da Gyps
07-03-2016, 10:52 PM
What's with all of these insane scores lately?

Serge
07-04-2016, 01:29 PM
I think like 6 position players have come in to pitch in the last week. It's been nuts.

Spencer 555
07-05-2016, 09:41 PM
fuck! Aaron Sanchez just gpt yosted. I hope he makes the team through wade davis' spot. 9-1 this year with a sub 3 era(last time o checked) he deserves it.

Greendaybum5
07-06-2016, 11:21 AM
if anyone has MLB package i'll be sitting next to radar gun guy at the Phillies game in approx. 2 hours.

Hugh
07-11-2016, 12:40 AM
So Daniel Murphy is the best hitter in baseball all of a sudden? Weird.

Sanosuke
07-15-2016, 12:15 AM
Idk if Giancarlo Stanton is of this world.

Hugh
07-15-2016, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I watched every single swing of the HR derby. Stanton was must see tv for sure. Freak.

Gryph
07-17-2016, 12:03 PM
If the Yankees don't firesale this team, I will be highly disappointed in the entire office, not that I have not been since 07', but whatever.

>_____________>

Hugh
07-22-2016, 08:53 PM
The Red Sox have a team OPS of .836 which is not only fucking ridiculous but also 50 points higher than the Rockies who are the 2nd best.

Spencer 555
07-23-2016, 12:57 AM
Scary part is it looks sustainable too with more prospects on the way. Boston is a scary scary place for pitchers. Insane to think they're probably going to snipe Encarnacion from us in free agency, personally think Eddy would be better then Ortiz in that park (to an extent) because of all doubles/homers the big monster would add to his game.

manonfire101
07-24-2016, 05:40 PM
Man, the Braves are otherworldly bad this season. I mean, the Rockies are hovering somewhere between shit and mediocrity, and they are just trashing the Braves. About to complete a 4-game sweep.

I feel bad for Sano.

Sanosuke
07-24-2016, 11:54 PM
Man, the Braves are otherworldly bad this season. I mean, the Rockies are hovering somewhere between shit and mediocrity, and they are just trashing the Braves. About to complete a 4-game sweep.

I feel bad for Sano.

I feel bad for me too. I just have to keep telling myself "our farm will take care of us soon", but it doesn't help.

Spencer 555
07-25-2016, 08:41 AM
Ya the braves are several years away. It's kinda sad they tore down the club and went into rebuild mode. I felt that core was pretty solid a few years ago.

Hopefully it all works out for u guys.

Greendaybum5
07-25-2016, 02:48 PM
I feel bad for me too. I just have to keep telling myself "our farm will take care of us soon", but it doesn't help.

Philadelphia fans know what you're experiencing haha

Spencer 555
07-25-2016, 04:10 PM
The phillies transition definitely seems like it's going smoother atm, u guys really lucked out on a lot of pitching prospects. Actually really think philly could be a playoff team in 2-3 years. Great young rotation to keep an eye on. And I fully expect them to get some decent prospects at the deadline for hellickson and gomez.

The Butcher
07-25-2016, 04:34 PM
every once and a while we get shit right here

Da Gyps
07-25-2016, 08:12 PM

As a Royals fan been there, done that, probably going back soon.

Spencer 555
07-25-2016, 10:17 PM
As a Royals fan been there, done that, probably going back soon.

The small market woes.

Anyone else shocked at the haul the yankees are stealing from the cubs for 2 months of chapman? They paid so much less then this to aquire him. Is Theo planning his next transition to NY when the cubs win the WS this year? lol

Spencer 555
07-25-2016, 10:23 PM
And red sox fans were upset they aquired a young controllable all star SP for 1 top prospect. The cubs just paid a better top prospect (IMO Torres > Espinoza currently as a 20 year old SS with a + hit tool, espinoza is overhyped and raw) + a fringe big league prospect (billy mckiney is pretty close to being a productive starting/utility OFer right now) and a lotto ticket for less. Baseball markets are impossible to understand.

Gryph
07-25-2016, 11:51 PM
I'm just mouth ajar over the amount of people on FB absolutely BLASTING the Yankees for this trade.

Take off your fake fucking fitted and fuck up off my team. God I'm so hyped for this trade, Also worth noting, Chapman set the price, my booty clenches in anticipation as to what Miller could potentially bring back, If the Yankees sweep the Astros, I can see them dumping Tex and contacting the Rays about Steve Pearce in one of those "We need this, you need this" kinda deals, not only that, but I could see Beltran going to a team that needs a DH / OFer part timer, this could be cool as it gives Judge and his Texas sized strike zone a chance to see what he can do.

Good times soon peeps, good times.

Edit : I also just remembered Pearce can also play OF, so that could be an even better reason to dump Beltran, as Refsnyder / McCann can also play 1st.

Spencer 555
07-26-2016, 12:09 AM
I'm just mouth ajar over the amount of people on FB absolutely BLASTING the Yankees for this trade.

Take off your fake fucking fitted and fuck up off my team. God I'm so hyped for this trade, Also worth noting, Chapman set the price, my booty clenches in anticipation as to what Miller could potentially bring back, If the Yankees sweep the Astros, I can see them dumping Tex and contacting the Rays about Steve Pearce in one of those "We need this, you need this" kinda deals, not only that, but I could see Beltran going to a team that needs a DH / OFer part timer, this could be cool as it gives Judge and his Texas sized strike zone a chance to see what he can do.

Edit : I also just remembered Pearce can also play OF, so that could be an even better reason to dump Beltran, as Refsnyder / McCann can also play 1st.

Blasting the yankees about what? Ripping off the cubs mightily? I can't imagine any yankees fans are stupid enough to think they didn't get enough in this trade lol.

Gryph
07-26-2016, 12:10 AM
Blasting the yankees about what? Ripping off the cubs mightily? I can't imagine any yankees fans are stupid enough to think they didn't get enough in this trade lol.

The exact opposite lmao. I'm under the assumption these are the people who watch 4-8 games a year. It's funny and sad in a way.

Spencer 555
07-26-2016, 01:39 AM
The exact opposite lmao. I'm under the assumption these are the people who watch 4-8 games a year. It's funny and sad in a way.

Trump supporters.

Da Gyps
07-26-2016, 03:08 PM

Wtf. I hope the Royals trade off some guys for prospects at this point. I like calling up Mondesi.

Gryph
07-26-2016, 04:59 PM
They could completely reshape the trade market if they do.

Spencer 555
07-28-2016, 05:26 PM
Don't look now, but the rockies are 1 good SP away from being a playoff contender.

Hugh
07-28-2016, 07:55 PM
No they're not.

Spencer 555
07-28-2016, 09:18 PM
No they're not.

Uh ya they are. They have a solid bullpen and very good position players. Jon Gray + another really good pitcher at the front of the rotation and they're about as good as the pirates right now and I don't think you can argue that the pirates are in the playoff picture. I'm not sayin they're gonna make it this year, but it's getting better then it has been.

manonfire101
07-29-2016, 12:07 AM
Their pitching is better than it was last season. Jon Gray is 24 and he's obviously made huge strides this season. Chatwood, Anderson, Bettis are 26/27 years old. Chatwood has looked good pretty much all season (9-6, 3.65 ERA). And his road ERA is 1.30. He was never considered for the All Star game because people only care about Coors Field amplifying position player stats. Anderson has looked very good in a small sample size (3-3) 3.33 ERA. Jorge De La Rosa is old and needs to be traded.

Bullpen is still kind of shit to be honest, but it's getting better. Estevez has been okay this season, and we just got Adam Ottavino back.

Story is 23. Arenado is 25. Just brought David Dahl up.

I'm afraid that "another good pitcher" is going to cost CarGo, which would suck as he's far and away my favorite player in baseball.

manonfire101
07-29-2016, 12:09 AM
No they're not.

No offense, but how would you know?

Sanosuke
07-29-2016, 03:36 AM

No they don't. For around 16 years (so all but 7 years of my life?) My team has been a contender/successful. Watching the Braves literally suck more than Sasha Grey is heartbreaking.

Hugh
07-29-2016, 10:45 PM
Some of us have been getting our hearts broken every single one of those years you were in the playoffs. The fact that you've been spoiled with lasting success doesn't make you more of a fan than those of us who get kicked in the dick every season.
You want to talk about heartbreak? I've been a Mariners fan for almost 40 years and they've never been to the World Series. Not once. We haven't even been to the playoffs in 15 years.
So bitch please with your Braves.
Grab a shot, your sack and a seat on my sofa of sorrow. I saved a spot for ya, Sano.
That was more S words than I originally intended, but fuck it.

Spencer 555
07-29-2016, 11:05 PM
Ya that mariners situation is messed up, I feel for you hugh, I thought I had it bad as a jays fan. It's amazing to think King Felix hasn't ever been to the playoffs. Literally one of the best pitchers of our generation wasted so much talent playing for terrible terrible mariners teams and all the mariners top prospects over the years when the mariners were truly terrible are busts. Seager and hernandez are the only legit home grown players I can think of that aren't disappointing.

That being said, I don't think the jays have had any truely great home grown talent since roy halladay. We just got lucky as fuck with trades and bautista/encanacion coming outta nowhere.

manonfire101
07-29-2016, 11:06 PM
I'm just excited that the Rockies have a chance to get back to .500 and it's almost August. They are fuego.

Spencer 555
07-29-2016, 11:09 PM
I would probably rather be a fan of any other team right now truely. I can't think of a more depressing situation. At least with truely shitty teams u can say "we're rebuilding". Nothing worse then being an aging fringe playoff team that isn't that close to contending and hasn't been to the playoffs in a long time (bluejays for 20 seasons before last year :P)

Spencer 555
07-29-2016, 11:10 PM
I'm just excited that the Rockies have a chance to get back to .500 and it's almost August. They are fuego.

Ya man! watched a lot of that rockies orioles series, they're playing really well. Gray is a lot more legit then I thought. I have 0 faith in your front office, but u gotta be excited for all the prospects getting close. Almost every position player on that team is avg or slightly above avg and the only issue is the pitching. That's obviously been the case for a long time, but they're so much closer then they've been since that world series.

manonfire101
07-29-2016, 11:11 PM
Yup. Nobody does. Everyone hates Dick Monfort.

Spencer 555
07-29-2016, 11:20 PM
Yup. Nobody does. Everyone hates Dick Monfort.

I honestly can't think of a good trade the rockies have made since I started paying attention to baseball outside of toronto. They never sign anyone in free agency either. Internal growth with 0 help from the front office lol. Even the tulo trade was stupid, coulda got soooo much more, but they wanted reyes and his horrendous contract to replace tulo... Miguel Castro seems like a future closer to me, but he's very very far away from being consistent enough and he's reaaaaally skinny and jeff hoffman looks more like a #3 guy who could struggle. Tulo for 2 B+ prospects and a terrible immovable contract is rough.

manonfire101
07-29-2016, 11:32 PM
How do you like Tulo on the Jays?

Spencer 555
07-30-2016, 01:17 AM
How do you like Tulo on the Jays?

I knew he was a good defender, but he's been a real pleasure to watch at short. Just the way he plays the position is unlike anything I've ever seen. There are better defensive shortstops, but he's a big fuckin dude and he's perfected his funky way of playing. It's really awesome honestly. Ive been a little disappointed with his bat, but lately he's been heating up and it's just been great all around.

Best part about him on the jays is we've got a good enough team to cover up for his injured time lol.

Hugh
07-30-2016, 07:02 PM
No offense, but how would you know?

Didn't mean to ignore this, manon, and I don't want to piss in your Corn Flakes. I would actually like to see the Rockies be a playoff team. You guys have a lot of exciting young players. Seems like you always do.
But the Giants and Dodgers are 2 of the very best pitching teams in baseball. I understand park effect and how hard it is to pitch there, but it is what it is. Even if you were 1 good starter away, someone that good, good enough to put you over the top and have some kind of consistent success at Coors, would probably cost you CarGo, like you said, and he's still your best player.
He's one of the best players in baseball.
But I still shouldn't have said that. A team with as much talent as you have now could definitely get hot and break through. I mean you have 3 guys who are basically having MVP seasons.

manonfire101
07-30-2016, 07:12 PM
It's alright. I'm honestly not sure how close the Rockies are to actually being competitive with the Giants and Dodgers (mostly Giants). I'm not sure if another pitcher gets us there. But the Rockies have won 8 of their last 9, and they haven't been .500 or above this late in the season since 2010. So sadly I'm excited that they aren't complete shit at this point.

CarGo is my favorite player. He has the prettiest swing in baseball and he hits the ball as hard as anyone in baseball. He has a canon for an arm. He reminds me a little bit of Griffey, though obviously not quite as good. But super smooth and super fun to watch play.

That being said, I think a lot of people would say Arenado is the Rockies best player.

manonfire101
07-30-2016, 07:21 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic about the 2nd half of the season, though. Usually the Rockies are pretty good at home and horrible on the road. They're 26-28 on the road and 25-24 at home. So I'm hoping they can make up some ground in the division by winning home games. We'll see.

Hugh
07-30-2016, 07:25 PM
And most people would be right about Arenado, especially since he's one of the best third basemen on top of his bat.
It's just that CarGo has been doing it a long time and he's still young and obviously in his prime. Maybe even getting better.

manonfire101
07-30-2016, 07:27 PM
I'm not including myself among those people. I'm undecided. They're both really good.

manonfire101
07-30-2016, 07:39 PM
By the way, favorite CarGo moment: walk-off home run for the cycle. I watch this every once in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z3CWkV7EYc

Hugh
07-30-2016, 07:50 PM
That's awesome. I've always been a fan of his. It would suck to lose him.
Unless it's like Tulowitski where a rookie steps in and is immediately as good or better, of course. I still can't believe that shit. :)

manonfire101
07-30-2016, 07:53 PM
haha, yeah. Bit lucky there. Reyes' dumbassery probably ended up being a good thing for the Rockies.

manonfire101
07-30-2016, 07:54 PM
If you're wondering, the giant purple dinosaur in that video is the Rockies' mascot, Dinger. In the ninth inning he migrates down behind home plate and crouches down before every pitch.

Hugh
07-30-2016, 08:23 PM
What do you think about the Kemp trade, Sano?

Spencer 555
07-30-2016, 09:22 PM
did u see what I said about tulo manon?

manonfire101
07-30-2016, 09:26 PM
No, just saw it. Ya, he's pretty unique. Sometimes I wonder his size combined with the position he plays contributes to him being injured a lot. I was hoping his bat wouldn't suck, too. Just reaffirms stereotypes about playing in Colorado.

Spencer 555
07-30-2016, 10:50 PM
I think tulo's bat sucking was a tulo thing more then a rockies thing. It's picked up a ton here the last few months and he's looked about as good as the old tulo without the 330 batting avg. I honestly think he could record a career high in homers here, but I think he's a 270 hitter now. That stretch to start the season where he was striking out a ton and batting .150 was more mental IMO.

And about the injuries, I'm just glad none of the injuries he's had in his career have really been related. Nothing seems to be a recurring theme. He just hurts himself somehow every year in a new way lol. With a guy like reyes, u knew he was gonna fuck up his hamstring EVERY YEAR.

I don't think Tulo is ever gonna be what he was with the rockies for us, but I hope he can have a full healthy year with us :)

Spencer 555
07-30-2016, 11:09 PM
Since aquiring troy tulowitzki July 29th 2015, the blue jays have a 100-63 record. Second best in the MLB.

Gryph
07-31-2016, 12:02 AM

It's interesting. Becomes slightly eyebrow raising if Swanson somehow is ready by next year.

Inciarte
Swanson
Freeman
Kemp

Go out and sign Josh Reddick / Kenley if the Dodgers don't extend him and then they might have something that can force a window open a lot faster than you could think.

That 1-5 would wreck havoc in gaps and there is still a lot of speed lower in their lineup. Folty looks like he's putting it together, Teheran is still Teheran. OR they could tank next year, and try to squeeze whatever they can from Kemp and flip him for something else. Plus they still have Rio Ruiz (who I think can be a seriously good player sitting in AAA at 3B)

Hugh
07-31-2016, 12:45 AM
Reddick is an interesting idea. Like to see what he could do in a solid lineup with some protection. I was surprised to see he isn't 30 yet. Just seems like a guy who has been around forever.

Greendaybum5
08-01-2016, 01:31 PM
wow Reddick and hill to the dodgers...looks like hugh's last post is coming to fruition.

also jay bruce to the Mets. I hate the mets. that is all.

Gryph
08-01-2016, 03:35 PM
I'm so happy with this deadline. Yankees farm system is back.

Clint Frazier, Gary Sanchez, Aaron Judge, Jorge Mateo, Justus Sheffield, Domingo Acevado, Jacob Lindgren, Bryan Mitchell, Brian McKinney, Greg Bird, Gleybor Torres, Dillon Tate, Severino.

There's without a doubt a Dynamic three, or in a dream scenario, a Fab Five down there now. Lookin like Eovaldi, Pineda, and McCann are gonna be traded within the hour or during the Winter meetings.

By 2018, CC, Tex, and A-rod will be off the books, we'll have about 100+ million worth of salary to go out and spend on some big time names, cause if they are not extended, Harper, Machado, Jose Fernandez, and Jose Altuve headline that FA class.

Spencer 555
08-01-2016, 05:59 PM
I'm so happy with this deadline. Yankees farm system is back.

Clint Frazier, Gary Sanchez, Aaron Judge, Jorge Mateo, Justus Sheffield, Domingo Acevado, Jacob Lindgren, Bryan Mitchell, Brian McKinney, Greg Bird, Gleybor Torres, Dillon Tate, Severino.

There's without a doubt a Dynamic three, or in a dream scenario, a Fab Five down there now. Lookin like Eovaldi, Pineda, and McCann are gonna be traded within the hour or during the Winter meetings.

By 2018, CC, Tex, and A-rod will be off the books, we'll have about 100+ million worth of salary to go out and spend on some big time names, cause if they are not extended, Harper, Machado, Jose Fernandez, and Jose Altuve headline that FA class.

don't forget donaldson in that class. Gonna be an amazing free agency. Im guessing the jays extend donaldson before then though. Id guess all the teams who own those players will probably try their best to extend those players asap.

Sanosuke
08-03-2016, 12:23 PM

The I'm not a huge fan of the Kemp trade because of his WAR. With that being said, baseball isn't completely about sabermetrics when it's all said and done. The positives of the Kemp trade give us a power bat, that we have long needed, and will take pressure off freeman.

manonfire101
08-03-2016, 07:38 PM
Losing Story for the season really sucks. Rockies have been on fire lately and that's the kind of injury that could really stop momentum. And obviously the Rockies don't have anybody who is close to matching Story's production at short. Fuck man.

Spencer 555
08-04-2016, 12:36 AM
no luck with shortstops in Colorado.

Sanosuke
08-04-2016, 05:41 AM
Losing Story for the season really sucks. Rockies have been on fire lately and that's the kind of injury that could really stop momentum. And obviously the Rockies don't have anybody who is close to matching Story's production at short. Fuck man.

Yeah was really bummed for you when I heard about Story. Kid is such a great ballplayer.

Spencer 555
08-04-2016, 08:38 AM
Yeah was really bummed for you when I heard about Story. Kid is such a great ballplayer.

I kinda think he's gonna get better too, he strikes out a lot, but he's still young enough to cut down on them while keeping the power.

Spencer 555
08-04-2016, 08:51 AM
The jays bullpen is starting to look close to elite. I honestly can't tell anymore who our setup men are. We're just lacking a really good loogy with cecil and loup pitching so terribly all year. Wouldn't be surprised to see a loogy traded to the jays at some point if we don't use liriano as such.

Closer: Roberto Osuna. Speaks for himself, sub 2 era and sub 1 whip. His only issue really is allowing homers sometimes. I sweat in 1 run situations still.

Setup Men: Jason Grilli and Joe Biagini, with these two, I'm expecting some regression before the playoffs because they've just been so much better then I've expected. Grilli is an old sinker slider guy who you can hide against righties and weak lefties, but I think he's prone to having some bad innings if we continue to use him like we are. Biagini on the other hand I'm not sure about. His profile is weird as he throws a big 12/6 curve instead of a slider and his fastball isn't that impressive, but he gets a lot of ground balls with this combination and his control AND command of the strikezone have improved a ton since he first pitched for the blue jays back in april. I'm kinda hoping Barned emerges as a suitable setup man to replace one of these two.

Loogy: Brett Cecil. He's been awful all year honestly, but he's improved progressively the last little while. The increase in homers across the league has really killed his era this year, and he's given up a ton more fly balls then he used to. It's really sad for me to see him this shitty as he was one of my favorite players and I hoped he was gonna get paid as an elite reliever in free agency.

MR: Danny Barnes, Joaquin Benoit. Benoit is a solid vet who's completely lost control of his pitches so far this year. As highlighted in a ton of articles I've read about him so far this year, he's still got the stuff that's made him a 3-3.5 era setup guy the last few years, and he just needs to limit the walks to get back to being serviceable. Since being traded to the jays, I've watched him pretty closely and I really think he can get back on track for us the rest of the way. He's not going to be relied upon in big situations unless everyone ahead of him is resting. Barnes on the other hand has the potential (I believe) to be a really good setup guy. He's been in the jays system for a loooooong time and has always posted good numbers in the minors as a reliever. This year, he's been completely dominant between AA and AAA and he debuted last night in the 8th inning of a close game. At first glance, his fastball isn't that good, but it looks to me like he has 2 fastballs and a really nice changeup. His first fastball is a tailing 2seamer which he tries to throw high and in on the hands of righties. He seems to have REALLY good command of this pitch, but I worry he could be homer prone if batters can learn to pull it. His second fastball is a hard sinker he throws to both which is just nasty because it sets up his changeup. I'm interested to see what happens with Barnes and if he can earn the setup role by the playoffs.

LR: Scott Feldman. Journeyman SP who has kinda found his calling as a long relief man the last couple years. He's always been an avg starter, but as a long relief option he's at least above avg IMO. Nothin special here but a good option to eat innings and keep us in games.

Minors Depth: Schultz, loup and Bolsinger. Schultz is a groundball specialist who was just replaced by barnes as a MR option. Schultz by all accounts should be a big leaguer, but with the additions the jays made at the deadline and the emergence of biagini and barnes this year, Schultz is our least reliable righty (of the bunch that can actually get outs). If anyone goes down on the big league club, I think Schultz can come in and be fine. And finally we have bolsinger who I believe is a pretty solid SP/RP option. He can either make a spot start or pitch in long relief like Feldman. Having him in AAA is just gravy :). As for loup, he's been so disappointing for so long. He was a fan favorite here for a few years, and still has a fantastic k/bb rate in the big leagues, but he gets hit hard everywhere and his babip is consistently 350+. I don't know how a guy with a 9+ k/9 can get hit so hard.

Spencer 555
08-04-2016, 09:43 AM
As for our rotation, i'm not sure what's goin on with Aaron Sanchez anymore. Apparently they're reconsidering the whole bullpen thing and continuing to monitor the situation, but I don't really understand why you would bring in liriano and make a 6 man rotation. Maybe they're just going to wait and see if liriano can handle the job?

Gryph
08-04-2016, 10:38 AM
As for our rotation, i'm not sure what's goin on with Aaron Sanchez anymore. Apparently they're reconsidering the whole bullpen thing and continuing to monitor the situation, but I don't really understand why you would bring in liriano and make a 6 man rotation. Maybe they're just going to wait and see if liriano can handle the job?

They'll probably do what the Yankees did with Tanaka with the UCL thing. He's healthy enough to pitch and there's no velocity loss, so they'll probably skip his turn in the rotation a few times and pitch him even 7-12 days to limit his innings.

Spencer 555
08-04-2016, 10:49 AM
I'm pretty hopeful they don't return him to the pen if our pen continues to be as dominant as it's been the last couple weeks. Sanchez in the bullpen is a scary thought (considering he's basically got the same fastball as Zach britton) but he's done so well as a starter for us this year that I can't see it being more beneficial to have him in the pen.

Hugh
08-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Manny Machado has 3 HRs and they just finished the 4th inning. Lol. He could be making history today.

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 04:12 PM
7 rbi's too. It's 10-1, though, so he might come out of the game early.

Hugh
08-07-2016, 04:23 PM
Can't imagine why he'd come out if he has s chance of setting a record.

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Because him staying healthy is more important than setting individual records.

Hugh
08-07-2016, 04:45 PM
No shit.
But he stayed in the game, and I'm sure it's because he wanted to hit another bomb or two or drive in double digits.
I'm trying to picture Machado's face if the manager said he was going to pull him after going yard his first 3 at bats. Lol. Give me a break.

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Who cares what Machado's face looks like? It's the manager's job to win games. In order to do that he needs to keep his players healthy. The game is already over.

Hugh
08-07-2016, 04:57 PM
You're one of those guys, huh? Machado is a competitor and an entertainer. He's out there because of his talent and drive and desire to compete, but his job is to entertain. He wants to hit 4 or 5 bombs in a game. His fans want to see him do it.
If the manager wants to sit players then pull Jones or Davis or someone not chasing a major league record or at least a personal record. If Machado pulls a hammy stretching out a double in the 8th, oh fucking well. Shit happens. You don't pull your stars every time you feel you have a comfortable lead.
None of this should be news to you. You watch baseball. Come on.

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 05:04 PM
It really doesn't matter what Machado's job is. It's not his choice. It's the manager's job to win games, that's it. If the game is already over, what's the point of keeping him in the game?

The orioles are currently in 1st place in the AL East. They have a good chance to win their division and go far in the postseason. I'm not about to jeopardize that by giving Machado a few more AB's so he can chase a record. And on top of that, it's not likely that the White Sox are going to throw him shit anyway. He's not going to get anything to hit. I'm one of those guys who looks at the big picture. I bet most Orioles fans would rather watch the Orioles win the world series than watch Machado hit another home run.

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Also, if Machado did get hurt chasing a home run, you know who would get a lot of criticism? The manager. I wouldn't blame him at all for sitting Machado. He has his own job to worry about.

Hugh
08-07-2016, 05:13 PM
I understand it's the managers job to win. Good managers have relationships with their players, though, and they don't just do whatever they want whenever they want despite what their players want. That's why it's hard to define what makes a good baseball manager. It's a combination of knowledge and strategy and instinct, but it's also about managing people and people who are huge stars with huge egos and are ultra-competitive. Good managers also know it's a business and about putting butts in seats. That's what their bosses, the owners, really care about.
Bottom line is he's not going to pull Machado out of that game, and he didn't. I know he COULD have, but he didn't, and he didn't for all the reasons I just gave you.

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Easy to say now. The decision looking good or bad is completely results-based. If he would have gotten hurt people would have been screaming at him. I'm for not taking the risk at all. And notice how he didn't do anything in the 3 more AB's that he had. Probably because Chicago didn't give him anything to hit. I don't really care if Machado is mad about coming out. He'll understand that the Orioles are in a position to make a deep run in the postseason and that the manager is just trying to prevent him from getting injured.

You know what else brings fans to the stadium? Winning games and keeping your best players healthy. I bet a lot of people come to Orioles games to watch Machado play. I bet attendance would drop if Machado wasn't in the lineup.

Hugh
08-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Like I said, managers don't pull star players every time they have a comfortable lead. Of course they do sometimes. Players get scheduled rest and occasional breaks and we all know this, but in this particular situation Machado was putting on a impressive show and no manager worth a shit is going to pull him when he's 3-3 with 3 homers and 7 RBI.
Every point you're making is a no shit point, honestly. Everyone knows a manager wants to win. Everyone knows it sucks when players get hurt. But players play. Everyone knows that, too.
It's the other stuff that you don't seem to know that surprises me.

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 05:31 PM
Yes, they are no-shit points. Which is why I'm surprised I'm having to fucking explain them to you.

Hugh
08-07-2016, 05:36 PM
You don't. You just chose to say the manager should pull Machado when he had 3 homers and 7 RBI in 4 innings because he "might get hurt". Which is fucking stupid and why he didn't do it.

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 05:39 PM
If Machado pulls a hammy stretching out a double in the 8th, oh fucking well. Shit happens.

It's easy for you to argue like this when you completely ignore key points of the argument. Shit happens? It doesn't matter?

It doesn't matter for the player who suffers a season-ending injury?

Or it doesn't matter for the manager who now might lose his job because he decided to play his star player in a game that was already over?

Or it doesn't matter for the fan who now does not get to watch his favorite player play?

Or it doesn't matter for the owner who just lost value on his best player?

Whatever, man. Fuck it.

Da Gyps
08-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Lol guys.

Hugh
08-07-2016, 05:50 PM
I explained over and over the things a manager has to consider and what a good manager should and it's not just when to go to the pen or a pinch hitter. Sometimes it's managing risks and sometimes it's taking risks, especially if your star player is doing something phenomenal and the stadium is buzzing with excitement over it and the team is fired up. Sometimes you let that shit play out even though yes, there is the risk of an injury. There is always the risk of an injury.
In all honesty, does that make any sense to you?

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 05:51 PM
I can see both sides of the argument. I just wouldn't take the risk. If either of us ever manage a major league baseball team I guess we'll have very different philosophies.

Da Gyps
08-07-2016, 05:55 PM
I'm generally team pro-rest during blowouts but idk how much it matters in baseball for infield/outfield players tbqh.

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Not the rest. Just the risk of an injury.

Hugh
08-07-2016, 06:42 PM
I'm generally team pro-rest during blowouts but idk how much it matters in baseball for infield/outfield players tbqh.

But you wouldn't pull a player with 3 HRs and 7 RBI in the the first 4 innings and a real chance to set a major league record simply because of the same injury risk that's present in every single game they play every day. No coach would, not unless the player was actually hurt. I've never even heard of anyone doing that.
But manon would. He's the coach, dammit, and he doesn't care about what the players or fans want. He decides. When a pinch hitter steps in for Machado in the 6th and the fans start to boo and the players are staring holes through the back of his head, who cares?! He's the coach! When the media asks what he was thinking, he'll just say he didn't want him to get hurt. That should settle it. Everyone will understand then.
And when the Orioles fire manon and hire me, he'll finally understand too.
:)

Hugh
08-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Congratulations Ichiro on 3,000 hits. Got it on a triple to deep right.
I believe he's truly one of the greatest to ever play.

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 06:50 PM
It's easy for you to argue like this when you completely ignore key points of the argument. Shit happens? It doesn't matter?

It doesn't matter for the player who suffers a season-ending injury?

Or it doesn't matter for the manager who now might lose his job because he decided to play his star player in a game that was already over?

Or it doesn't matter for the fan who now does not get to watch his favorite player play?

Or it doesn't matter for the owner who just lost value on his best player?

Whatever, man. Fuck it.

Oh I thought we were done but I guess you want to continue. Players may be staring holes in the back of my head (they wouldn't because they understand context and they would be feeling good about hitting 3 home runs anyway) but at least they'd be healthy when doing it.

And you've yet to respond to anything I posted. You just continue to make "well no manager would do this", bullshit posts with no substance. See how far your go-from-the-gut approach works when you're getting death threats from fans after you injure your best player in a game that's already over. Ya I'm the one who would be getting fired.

Da Gyps
08-07-2016, 06:53 PM
Congratulations Ichiro on 3,000 hits. Got it on a triple to deep right.
I believe he's truly one of the greatest to ever play.

Stud. Pete Rose can sod off.

Hulky
08-07-2016, 06:56 PM
I dunno I think it's close. If he has a history or recent soreness or whatever I can see pulling them. The guy is in his early twenties though with a shot at history, I think you give him the shot. Sucks he didn't at least get the 4th. It would be awesome to be at a game that a guy just keeps peeling HRs off though. I remember going to a Giants game with Barry Bonds on the team and wondering if it would happen (to be honest I don't remember anything else about the game other than it was when the ballpark ATT was new on the water, and garlic fries across the street). I saw a Grand Slam at a Rays game though and that was exciting, I can't imagine a guy just HRing every inning to kick it off or like was George Springer did against the Royals in one inning lol.

Hugh
08-07-2016, 07:01 PM
What's incredible to me, manon, is that you're too arrogant to see that the actual manager of the Orioles didn't pull him. Again, I can't think of a single player sitting on 3 HRs who got pulled just because he "might get hurt". Never.
Why do you think Buck Showalter left him in the game? Do you think any of the things you or I have posted in here didn't occur to him? Do you think you know better?

Da Gyps
08-07-2016, 07:03 PM
If there is any manager that WOULD pull him you'd think it would be Buck too.

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 07:08 PM
I already acknowledged that his manager left him in the game because I posted that he didn't do anything in his additional 3 AB's (again probably because Chicago didn't throw him anything to hit). No, I don't think I know better than the Orioles manager, but that does not necessarily mean that he was right. Again, the merit of the decision is results-based and it's easy to claim he was right after the game is over and Machado is fine. But you have to look at it at the time of the decision. There is absolutely no reason to leave him in the game at that point other than to try for individual records. I don't think individual records are more important than a player staying healthy or giving my team the best chance to win going forward. I'm not sure how that makes me arrogant.

Hugh
08-07-2016, 07:08 PM
Yeah. Manon says my "no manager would do that" answer is bullshit, but the fact is no manager would without a really good reason and neither did Showalter today. I've also given a bunch of reasons WHY no manager would do it, but he ignores them.

EDIT - No other reason than personal record? Ok, at this point I'm convinced you either aren't listening or there's some other disconnect.
Relationships with players matter. Trust and respect and friendship. Energy and feel of the team is important. The fans are important. History and records and accomplishments are important. Fun is important.
AGAIN, there's more to being a great manager than just lefty vs righty and when to send a runner. Lots of people know the X's and O's of baseball. It's not just about that, manon.

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Yeah. Manon says my "no manager would do that" answer is bullshit, but the fact is no manager would without a really good reason and neither did Showalter today. I've also given a bunch of reasons WHY no manager would do it, but he ignores them.

Have you consulted every other manager in baseball to make this claim? Which one of your points did I ignore? I'm addressing your points and you're ignoring mine.

Hulky
08-07-2016, 07:10 PM
The Dodgers pulled a rookie making his first start against the rival Giants when he was in the like 7th or 8th inning while he was shutting them out. His walked batter got hit in because the relief gave up a HR on the next pitch.

I dunno baseball enough to know if that's comparable at all.

Hugh
08-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Have you consulted every other manager in baseball to make this claim? Which one of your points did I ignore? I'm addressing your points and you're ignoring mine.

Of course not, and that's a dumb question, and you've ignored every point I've made about why they shouldn't and didn't pull Machado in that game and continue to say the only thing that matters is that he might have gotten hurt. It's like you're a robot. So they should pull Machado when? Every time they have say a 7 run lead? 9 runs? What if they have a 5 run lead but it's the 8th inning?
What if they have a 10 run lead but Machado is a single away from the cycle? Do you pull him then? Serious question because this shit is getting stupid.

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 07:24 PM
EDIT - No other reason than personal record? Ok, at this point I'm convinced you either aren't listening or there's some other disconnect.
Relationships with players matter. Trust and respect and friendship. Energy and feel of the team is important. The fans are important. History and records and accomplishments are important. Fun is important.
AGAIN, there's more to being a great manager than just lefty vs righty and when to send a runner. Lots of people know the X's and O's of baseball. It's not just about that, manon.

History and records are important, but not more important than team success. Team success trumps any individual accolade.

And personal relationships matter as well. Personal relationships are sometimes about not giving a player whatever he wants and doing what you think is best for the player and the team. The player being pulled should realize:
1) The score is 10-1, and the game is already over.
2) I'm probably not going to get much to hit anyway.
3) I am a really important player and my being healthy matters.
4) My team is in 1st place in in our division.
5) My manager isn't trying to piss me off, he's doing what he thinks is best for the team.

Giving a player whatever he wants regardless of the consequences can be just as damaging if not moreso than pulling the player and causing him to be temporarily miffed at you. Just like you probably don't let your kids do whatever they want to, even though they may be a little mad at you for a while.

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Of course not, and that's a dumb question, and you've ignored every point I've made about why they shouldn't and didn't pull Machado in that game and continue to say the only thing that matters is that he might have gotten hurt. It's like you're a robot. So they should pull Machado when? Every time they have say a 7 run lead? 9 runs? What if they have a 5 run lead but it's the 8th inning?
What if they have a 10 run lead but Machado is a single away from the cycle? Do you pull him then? Serious question because this shit is getting stupid.

When you feel the game is over. If I'm winning 10-2 after 7, I'm going to pull my player. Yes I would pull Machado with a 10 run lead late, even if he has a chance to hit for the cycle.

Well actually that depends on context a bit. If my team is at the bottom of the division I might consider leaving him in.

manonfire101
08-07-2016, 07:27 PM
The point about "every manager would do that" IS bullshit, because you don't know what EVERY manager would do. You may think you do, but you don't.

Hugh
08-07-2016, 07:36 PM
I've watched baseball my entire life and there are things you just don't see. Like healthy players with a chance to do something historic, like hit 4 HRs or the cycle or pitch a perfect game getting pulled out. You don't ever see that, manon.
Why the fuck do you think that is?
Pull your head out of your ass. Even if you're really this arrogant, you can't possibly be this stupid.