PDA

View Full Version : Relevant Stuff To Help Me Stay Organized

Hulky
08-19-2016, 04:34 PM
thread

Hulky
08-19-2016, 04:48 PM
Game board:

The desired game board is 11 wide x 12 long with tapered back two rows at 9 and 7 wide. 5 rows on each side are customizable for unit placement by the relevant two players and the middle two rows are no mans land.

It's important to have lines between tiles so players can easily see the tiles to calculate values.

Scrolling the camera is useful for seeing larger maps and larger means better graphics as the units aren't so small.

EDIT: 12 x 11 looks better, basically rotate so Left v. Right instead of Up v. Down.

Hulky
08-19-2016, 05:32 PM
Using project Game Project

Deleted extra scenes to make it easier to follow

Removed palm trees since they don't really fit the theme

Added custom formations

Disabled counter attack

Enabled action after attack

Enabled flanking
- need to calculate correct angles and damage reduction

Haven't figured out how to make units be in the way of ranged attack

Need to push hills out of the way of the grid (done)

Need to fix turn order

Mar
08-22-2016, 05:03 PM
What happened with Matt's project

rainblade
08-22-2016, 05:34 PM
What happened with Matt's project

lolol

Aristocatt
08-25-2016, 03:57 PM
I'm still working on mine...On vacation at the moment, and I need to get a new computer(My current one is old and keeps needing to be fixed). All I have left to do is the game logic, I'll be working on the project again in about two weeks.

|AFO|
09-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Bump. Hows this thing goin? Yall got a little over a year until I'm done w/ grad school. That should be plenty of time. :p

Hulky
09-14-2016, 02:40 AM
Bump. Hows this thing goin? Yall got a little over a year until I'm done w/ grad school. That should be plenty of time. :p

My computer broke so I have nothing. I dunno if Matt's doing it anymore I haven't even seen him on the forums recently.

If I really want to get into it again I still have ownership rights to the units and whatnot though so it wouldn't be impossible to start back up. Got massively fed up with it and little interest so it was too much to spend that many hours/money every day.

Greendaybum5
09-14-2016, 11:07 AM
My computer broke so I have nothing. I dunno if Matt's doing it anymore I haven't even seen him on the forums recently.

If I really want to get into it again I still have ownership rights to the units and whatnot though so it wouldn't be impossible to start back up. Got massively fed up with it and little interest so it was too much to spend that many hours/money every day.

wait ownership rights to the new units you created or the original ones?

Wizzy
09-14-2016, 12:38 PM

I don't think you should get discouraged by the lack of interest on this forum... I think there's maybe 1 person here who's genuinely waiting for a new TAO and we all kash know who that is

You should be working towards a game you can be satisfied with and proud of... When/if the game launches the 10 of us who post here will be fish in a very large pond. Make the game for future TAOers. Or don't. Up to you

The Butcher
09-14-2016, 01:45 PM
kash has been banned for a week so I'm sure in that time he's come up with some great suggestions and code for the new game.

Hulky
09-14-2016, 05:28 PM
wait ownership rights to the new units you created or the original ones?

Different pro made ones animated and ready to go. Also the core coding of a TBS I have rights to use. What I didn't know how to do was multiplayer networking and that stuff, which is what matt roe had down.

The units I had/have on the cloud were Dragon, Knight, Scout, Assassin, another Knight like creature, Cleric like creature, a wizard, and all the golems.

Also an open world like the video I posted months ago that no one really cared about.

A-99
09-15-2016, 12:30 PM
Different pro made ones animated and ready to go. Also the core coding of a TBS I have rights to use. What I didn't know how to do was multiplayer networking and that stuff, which is what matt roe had down.

The units I had/have on the cloud were Dragon, Knight, Scout, Assassin, another Knight like creature, Cleric like creature, a wizard, and all the golems.

Also an open world like the video I posted months ago that no one really cared about.

Tao was a great game and stood the test of time, even as technology has RAPIDLY advanced and other "more appealing" games have showed up.

I echo Wizzy's words. If you want to make a game that you will be proud of, I think you should do it, and not worry so much about the initial reception. Good game + marketing = win.

If you're not feeling it, then that's your choice and no one will judge you.

(except me, as I'm waiting to find another game that I can trounce Philly at)

Brandon
09-17-2016, 09:30 PM
Patiently waiting! Would like to see something come out of all this effort it would be a shame if we never gave it a shot.

|AFO|
09-19-2016, 07:48 PM
Hey man, I wouldn't judge it based on the response on these forums. I mean... How many regular posters are there left here? And how many of them were actually interested in TAO when it went down? I think Wizzy and A-99 hit the nail on the head. Don't make a game for us. Make it for yourself. And if you don't want to go through with it, that's cool too.

Hulky
09-20-2016, 08:57 PM
They updated the program I was building it with and it looks like their is multiplayer support now but I don't know anything about it. Still fiddling with it, but like 0 expectations.

Hulky
09-22-2016, 04:16 PM
Game Control:
- Gen Grid
-FacUnitPerTurn
--Free
-EnableUnitDeploy
-EnableActionAfterAttack
-?Restore Unit AP on Turn [variables?]
-?UseAPforMove
-?UseAPforAttack
GridManage:
-GridWidth 12
-GridLength 11
-TileSize2.5
-Ratio1.05
-Unwalkable0
Spawn Area ? AI only? Just preset formation over random?
Deployment TAOLike/ Unwalkable, Tappered
SceneMod: White

--- Abilities, and static tile bonuses for discussion?
--- Perks up for discussion, add on latter?
--- Collectables up for discussion, add on latter?

Camera:
PanSpeed: 7
ZoomSpeed:10
RotateSpeed: 1
KeyPanning: Check
MousePanning: No?
Mouse Rotate: Check
Mouse Zoom: Check
MousePanningZoneWidth: 10
XAxis Limit: -8, 8
ZAxis Limit: -8,8
ZoomLimit: 12,40
ElevationLimit: 30,52
Center on Selected: no

- Up for vote = Critical hit (% & damage multiplier per individual attacker/blocker)
- Up for vote = Stun hit (% based and how many turns stunned the hit unit remains stunned)
- Up for vote = Custom abilities (and Silencing hits, making hit unit unable to use abilities for X turns)