PDA

View Full Version : College Football

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Zoticus
04-28-2016, 01:08 PM
I'm all about the SEC but will discuss other conferences.

Favorite Teams:

Zoticus: Woo Pig Sooie

Post or PM your favorite team and I will add you to the list.

Sanosuke
04-28-2016, 10:47 PM
Jacob Eason is going to literally shred every defense by himself.

Zoticus
04-29-2016, 01:12 PM
Fortunately, we do not play Georgia this year. He looks like a beast and given Arkansas secondary Eason would tear us apart.

Arkansas schedule is below:

2016 Arkansas Football Schedule
Sept. 3 - Louisiana Tech
Sept. 10 - at TCU
Sept. 17 - Texas State
Sept. 24 - Texas A&M (Arlington, Texas)
Oct. 1 - Alcorn State (Little Rock)
Oct. 8 - Alabama
Oct. 15 - Ole Miss
Oct. 22 - at Auburn
Oct. 29 - OPEN
Nov. 5 - Florida
Nov. 12 - LSU
Nov. 19 - at Mississippi State
Nov. 26 - at Missouri

Da Gyps
05-27-2016, 12:25 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/15745318/baylor-bears-dismiss-football-coach-art-briles

Did not expect.

KBHoleN1
05-27-2016, 09:49 AM
I came here to see what you thought about it, Gypsy. It certainly surprised me.

Da Gyps
05-27-2016, 09:53 AM
I fully thought Briles would get off scott free. It's a pleasant surprise though, because he should never coach again imo.

Sanosuke
08-26-2016, 01:46 AM
How the fuck is this thread so dead with COLLEGE FUCKING FOOTBALL STARTING NEXT WEEK?

JACOB EASON THE GOD, GYPSY.

UNC is going to get beat by 2 scores.

Nightmarez
08-30-2016, 01:08 PM
i put this in the pot thread but for a bit of an interesting story...

on Friday Aug 19th five ND players including starter Max Redfield were caught going 72 in a 60 in Fulton County driving from South Bend to Bloomington IN and arrested for possession of marijuana. (They also had unlicensed loaded firearms).

on Tuesday Aug 16th, I was caught going about 72 in a 60 (can't remember exactly, there's is just a news report) in Fulton County driving from South Bend to Bloomington IN and arrested for possession of marijuana.

I had pretrial today with (now-former) Notre Dame starting safety Max Redfield. He borrowed my pen.

CSB.

Sanosuke
08-31-2016, 08:25 AM
NICK CHUBB FOR HEISMANx

JACOB EASON FOR GODx

UGA PLS BEAT TENNESSEE THIS YEARx

I'll post my analysis for UGA's schedule this year though.

Week 1: vs #22 UNC @ Georgia Dome (basically a home game)
UNC has historically been terrible against the run. We have Nick Chubb (top 5 RB in the country, fact) and Sony Michel (top 5 backup RB in the country, opinion). Brandon Douglas doesn't suck either. UNC's WRs are going to be the first test for Georgia's revamped secondary. Our LB corps is still obnoxiously good. I think we win by two scores. 31-20

Week 2: vs Nicholls State
Tune up game for Mizzpoo. We win 132-3

Week 3: @ Missouri
Missouri doesn't know how to offense and won the Eastern conference by fluke twice. Should be a comfortable first road win to get our first bout of conference play under our belt. 38-10

Week 4: @ #11 Ole Miss
Considering Ole Miss has beaten Alabama the past two years, and we now have Alabama's Defensive Coordinator has our HC, AND it's a fucking away game, I'm slightly terrified. Not scared of The Rebels' offense whatsoever now that the Dak Attack is gone, but their defense will be Jacob Eason's first true test as a QB and it'll be interesting to see if the coaching staff decides to just try to feed Chubb the football and let Eason air it out once they're afraid of our running game. We don't have true WRs except Terry Godwin (who has SEC speed). This is a close game to call, and honestly think this will be our first loss. If we win this football game, our season will be looking up, probably letting us crack the Top 10. if UGA wins: 28-24, if Ole Miss wins, 31-24

Week 5: vs #9 Tennessee
I've been telling all of my fellow UGA fans that Tennessee would be the team to beat last year, and I definitely mean it this year. When Butch Davis took over and basically trotted out a 90% freshman/sophomore team 3 years ago, I knew we'd be fucked. Davis has been destroying the recruiting trail and I'm terrified of the Vols this year. The only thing we have over them is homefield advantage. The Vols' wideouts are otherworldly monsters and our best DBs left for the draft last year. We will have to pressure the QB more than ever in this game I believe, and this is when Kirby Smart will pull out all his stops. If we beat Ole Miss, I like our odds of beating Tennessee just based on moment alone. I like my Dawgs in a rivalry game at home. I think the black jerseys might even come out of retirement for this one. UGA wins 38-35 OT1

Week 6: @ South Carolina

Free win

Week 7: vs Vanderbilt

(Playing bye week)

Week 8: vs #25 Florida

I don't even see how Florida is ranked in the preseason poll, granted preseason polls are trash anyways. Florida will get steam rolled.

Week 9: @ Kentucky

Free win but dangerous if we don't actually try the first half.

Week 10: vs Auburn

DELICIOUS FREE WIN

Week 11: vs LA-Lafeyette

Lol

Week 12: vs Georgia Tech

Georgia Tech fell to shambles last year and I don't expect them to even be mediocre this year. We're closing the season with a win against Auburn, a tune-up Lafeyette game at home, and shitting on Georgia Tech's triple-option horse shit to end the season. UGA Wins: 4,328-0

Optimistically, we could actually go 12-0 if we beat Ole Miss. But in true Georgia fashion, we will drop a game we're not supposed to (looking at you Auburn). Our schedule might let us go 12-0 and it's a very real possibility, but it's more likely we go 11-1, make playoffs, or 10-2 and make a major bowl.

If Jacob Eason is every bit of the man I believe him to be, he'll be the key to us making the playoffs. It'll be us or Tennessee winning the East.

Da Gyps
08-31-2016, 11:50 AM
Wow that schedule lines up really well. I don't believe the UT hype train.

Sanosuke
08-31-2016, 08:07 PM
Wow that schedule lines up really well. I don't believe the UT hype train.

That's what I said. But Georgia's gonna Georgia unless Chubb and Eason carry the offense like they should.

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 11:53 AM
SaNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17439731/greyson-lambert-georgia-bulldogs-start-opener-north-carolina-tar-heels

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Uhoh UT hype train.

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Is there anything better than a stunned Neyland stadium? lololololol

Sanosuke
09-01-2016, 09:21 PM
SaNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17439731/greyson-lambert-georgia-bulldogs-start-opener-north-carolina-tar-heels

I heard. I'm so fucking mad.

Also jesus christ if UT loses I'm going ape shit.

Sanosuke
09-01-2016, 09:21 PM
Can't believe fucking VANDY is beating SC right now too. Dear god today is amazing right now.

Sanosuke
09-01-2016, 09:30 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/CFBStreams/

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 09:39 PM
Can't believe fucking VANDY is beating SC right now too. Dear god today is amazing right now.

Muschamp.

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 09:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrT371fUAAA-NgQ.jpg

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 09:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrT3cP1UsAAc1GO.jpg

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 09:43 PM
Muschamp.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrTticfVYAA9Qb4.jpg

Sanosuke
09-01-2016, 10:01 PM
APP STATE I BELIEVEEEEx

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 10:12 PM
Looks like UConn might escape the mighty Maine...

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 10:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrUHeD8UIAIELw1.jpg

Sanosuke
09-01-2016, 10:14 PM
Can't tell if South Carolina is getting "upset" by Vandy or if SC is losing a game they're supposed to.

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 10:16 PM
goddamnit Appy

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 10:17 PM
Can't tell if South Carolina is getting "upset" by Vandy or if SC is losing a game they're supposed to.

I promise you USC is this bad. MUSCHAMP BABY.

Sanosuke
09-01-2016, 10:34 PM
NFL thread cannot be on top. COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS ON

Gryph
09-01-2016, 10:38 PM
DO IT APP STATE LET MICHIGAN FINALLY STOP BEING THE JOKE WITH THIS.x

Sanosuke
09-01-2016, 10:46 PM
THEY'RE DOING IT!!!!x

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 10:51 PM
ANDY REID CONFIRMED COACHING THIS GAME FOR APP STATE.

q

Sanosuke
09-01-2016, 10:52 PM
gypsy just get on skype

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 10:53 PM
Okay doing it. Does Gryph have skype?

Gryph
09-01-2016, 10:54 PM
Okay doing it. Does Gryph have skype?

I can. lol

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 10:56 PM
I can. lol

You def should. CFB group. The chat here is giving me script errors and shit.

Gryph
09-01-2016, 10:57 PM
installing now.

Sanosuke
09-01-2016, 11:02 PM
what a fucking dumb play. fuck tennessee

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 11:03 PM
I'm mad. FITE ME IRL BUTCH JONES

Sanosuke
09-01-2016, 11:32 PM
MUSCHAMP UNDEFEATED STREAK!x

Demicos
09-02-2016, 04:03 PM
My brother is playing for Davenport University (http://www.dupanthers.com/schedule.aspx?path=football)

He is a QB but is currently unable to play because of a broken foot X_X

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 01:15 PM
The OU Houston game is fun.

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 02:17 PM
OU blowing through timeouts like candy

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 02:22 PM
excessive celebration calls are the dumbest fucking calls in the universe. This kid just returned a 109 yard missed FG kick for a touchdown. let the team celebrate assholes. it's college

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 02:36 PM
OU shitting the bed.

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 02:49 PM
literally shitting.

RIP Lex

Demicos
09-03-2016, 03:04 PM
Too shooken up from the earthquake.

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 03:27 PM
SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

q

Lex
09-03-2016, 03:41 PM
Kill me

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 04:21 PM
SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

q

Really just not a great day for them so far.

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 04:22 PM
0-2 currently. A&M trailing to UCLA, Pig Aggy down to LA Tech and LSU struggling with Wiscy.

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Miss State lost to South Alabama. Auburn gonna get trounced

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Long demoralizing drive on our 2nd drive for a TD again UNC. Defense looks sharp for us too. 7-0!!

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 06:07 PM
what a dumb fucking call. He was past the line of scrimmage, pump faked, the ball fell out after his pump fake and they some how rule it an incompletion after we scoop and score on an on the field call fumble. fuck Big Ten refs

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 06:10 PM
Boooooooooooooo

Also this Wiscy LSU game is erotic in that bad game kind of way.

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 06:22 PM
so much for tackling for UGA.

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 06:31 PM
GEORGIA PUT THE TRUE FRESHMAN IN!!! JACOB EASON THE GOD!!!!!!!!!

FUCK LAMBERT! ALL HAIL THE SAVIOR!x

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 06:47 PM
FUCKING TOUCHDOWNx

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 06:49 PM
RUNNING BACK UNIVERSITY.c

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 08:13 PM
i hate that UGA can't tackle worth a shit

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 08:23 PM
SAFETYYYYYx

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 08:24 PM
KU IS GOING TO WIN A GAME PROBABLY

q

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 08:27 PM
USC starting well.

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 08:37 PM
DEFENNNSSSEEEEx

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Sano can you breath rn?

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 09:21 PM
WE WOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNx

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 09:31 PM
TIL Georgia is the only SEC team that wants to play football this year.

Mantis
09-04-2016, 03:54 PM
Jacob Eason is going to literally shred every defense by himself.
You think he's gonna be that good? They struggled a bit with UNC, but I only got to watch part of the game.

RUNNING BACK UNIVERSITY.c

Ehhh... I think we give you a nice run for your money there.

Loved seeing the majority of the SEC falter in the opening week. I expect the trend to continue. I was pretty surprised by the Bama game. I knew Bama would win, but I didn't expect USC to be that horrendous. Bama wasn't really doing anything special, USC was just that bad. Bama will likely be a playoff team though, because I don't see anyone else in the SEC competing with them.

Tennessee almost got App Stated like Michigan on the fucking anniversary of the game haha. Would have been awesome to see, but it was still fun to see them already not living up to expectations, year after year.

Les Miles is a joke. Here's what he said about the cheap shot. “Again, I'll have to check this, but it's very logical that he did not even know [Dixon] had gone down and was just running [with the ball],” Miles said. He added of Boutte: “He’s not a malicious guy.”

Les Miles is a complete joke in every aspect of his job. That hit was the definition of malicious. You could see EVERY other player walking to the sidelines and he comes in from a good 20 yards away to make the hit. If the player was actually trying to return the interception, he obviously wouldn't be holding the ball out in the open. I bet he lets the players vote on the punishment again. Half game suspension probably, though it should be for the entire season. If I was the coach and one of my players did this, I would chew his ass out for a solid five minutes, force him to apologize personally to the other player, make him run until he pukes at practice, and sit his ass on the bench for the season.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well OSU played yesterday. I thought we would falter since we are the youngest team in the FBS, but there's just so much talent there that we made up for the complete lack of experience. Setting a school record for offensive yardage in the first game of a season where we returned almost no starters is impressive, even if it is against Bowling Green. They win the MAC almost every year, and their offense is usually ridiculously good. Our defense only giving up 3 points was just as impressive as our offense, again when you consider we had like 3 starters returning on defense. Having Barrett back is huge, since he can be an experienced leader at the most important position on the field. Now that he doesn't have to worry about Cardale and he can develop a rhythm early in the season, I expect him to break records again and make a run at the Heisman. Our diversified play calling is what led us to amassing the near 800 yards. If we would have had the diversity in calls last year, we would have handled MSU as we should have and I think we would have repeated as national champs. This year I don't see us doing that just because of the lack of experience, but I see us having a good season if the new players start to mesh. Next year is when I could see us making another title run (if Barrett comes back, pls pls pls).

Two weeks from now when we play OU will be a real test to see where we are at. I think we will continue to get better as the season progresses (duh, doesn't everyone?) as these young guys get more and more game reps. To play a much more experienced OU team week 3 though is definitely going to be tough, especially because they're going to come out angry, with something to prove after losing to Houston. I'd say that game is a tossup at this point.

Da Gyps
09-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Welcome back Mantis. Good to have someone else posting here.

Bama is the clear #1 in the country. They haven't had a QB like Hurt before, and he is still extremely young. I think it's a bit disingenuous to say USC was just that bad and praise tOSU for pounding a MAC team. Playing a MAC team with a new HC was probably a factor in getting 800 yds of offense too. And I mean, Bowling Green 2 seasons ago was 8-6, and 5-4 in the MAC. Anyway obviously tOSU is good, should be a playoff team, but Bama is #1. The other two playoff teams, well, I have no idea. Clemson looked like shit against Auburn in a win. Maybe FSU, their roster is pretty legit, but how good is their QB. Not sure there are any contenders in the PAC, and I know there isn't a B12 team that deserves it.

OU is really bad (esp up front), I wouldn't worry about that game.

Lex
09-04-2016, 05:00 PM
OU is really bad (esp up front), I wouldn't worry about that game.

We're gonna lose to kansas and half the state is gonna drink themselves to death

Da Gyps
09-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Lol.

Da Gyps
09-04-2016, 09:10 PM
Hopefully kid killing piece of shit Brian Kelly picks up the L tonight.

The Cheat
09-04-2016, 09:38 PM
fucking mantis starting already. God Damnit.

Da Gyps
09-04-2016, 10:55 PM
Hopefully kid killing piece of shit Brian Kelly picks up the L tonight.

He must have threatened to kill them all if they didn't come back and win. :(

Mantis
09-04-2016, 10:58 PM
fucking mantis starting already. God Damnit.

Hi Cheat.

Da Gyps
09-04-2016, 11:43 PM
Nightmare weekend complete for Lex. Sorry bud.

Da Gyps
09-04-2016, 11:53 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160905/3fc2f5b86306a536b205c95a56b02463.jpg

Scytheman
09-05-2016, 08:43 PM
literally shitting.

RIP Lex

Kill me

When I saw the loss I thought of you. And your sweet salty tears.

Da Gyps
09-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Holy shit Ole Miss.

Da Gyps
09-06-2016, 12:11 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrpIxD5XgAEflc4.jpg

Paging Mantis.

Sanosuke
09-06-2016, 10:04 AM
You think he's gonna be that good? They struggled a bit with UNC, but I only got to watch part of the game.

Ehhh... I think we give you a nice run for your money there.

Loved seeing the majority of the SEC falter in the opening week. I expect the trend to continue. I was pretty surprised by the Bama game. I knew Bama would win, but I didn't expect USC to be that horrendous. Bama wasn't really doing anything special, USC was just that bad. Bama will likely be a playoff team though, because I don't see anyone else in the SEC competing with them.

Tennessee almost got App Stated like Michigan on the fucking anniversary of the game haha. Would have been awesome to see, but it was still fun to see them already not living up to expectations, year after year.

Les Miles is a joke. Here's what he said about the cheap shot. “Again, I'll have to check this, but it's very logical that he did not even know [Dixon] had gone down and was just running [with the ball],” Miles said. He added of Boutte: “He’s not a malicious guy.”

Les Miles is a complete joke in every aspect of his job. That hit was the definition of malicious. You could see EVERY other player walking to the sidelines and he comes in from a good 20 yards away to make the hit. If the player was actually trying to return the interception, he obviously wouldn't be holding the ball out in the open. I bet he lets the players vote on the punishment again. Half game suspension probably, though it should be for the entire season. If I was the coach and one of my players did this, I would chew his ass out for a solid five minutes, force him to apologize personally to the other player, make him run until he pukes at practice, and sit his ass on the bench for the season.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well OSU played yesterday. I thought we would falter since we are the youngest team in the FBS, but there's just so much talent there that we made up for the complete lack of experience. Setting a school record for offensive yardage in the first game of a season where we returned almost no starters is impressive, even if it is against Bowling Green. They win the MAC almost every year, and their offense is usually ridiculously good. Our defense only giving up 3 points was just as impressive as our offense, again when you consider we had like 3 starters returning on defense. Having Barrett back is huge, since he can be an experienced leader at the most important position on the field. Now that he doesn't have to worry about Cardale and he can develop a rhythm early in the season, I expect him to break records again and make a run at the Heisman. Our diversified play calling is what led us to amassing the near 800 yards. If we would have had the diversity in calls last year, we would have handled MSU as we should have and I think we would have repeated as national champs. This year I don't see us doing that just because of the lack of experience, but I see us having a good season if the new players start to mesh. Next year is when I could see us making another title run (if Barrett comes back, pls pls pls).

Two weeks from now when we play OU will be a real test to see where we are at. I think we will continue to get better as the season progresses (duh, doesn't everyone?) as these young guys get more and more game reps. To play a much more experienced OU team week 3 though is definitely going to be tough, especially because they're going to come out angry, with something to prove after losing to Houston. I'd say that game is a tossup at this point.

800 yards against bowling green. Not because of playcalling.

Ohio state doesn't do anything with RBs in the NFL. Images of beanie wells are flashing.

Struggling with UNC? They were #22 for a reason and are the only team in the ACC worth a shit not named clemson or fsu. All we had to do was tackle and it would've been a different game. Greyson Lambert is trash and Jacob Eason has room to learn but he literally lead the bulldogs to that win from a 10 point defecit. He has pocket presence and poise. Why would you ask "do you really think he'll be that good?"? Would you ask that if tOSU recruited the #1 QB in the nation? He threw for 10,000 yards and 99 TDs in fucking highschool.

Mantis
09-06-2016, 04:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrpIxD5XgAEflc4.jpg

Paging Mantis.
Thanks. I came.

Could have had one loss if NW didn't shit the bed.

800 yards against bowling green. Not because of playcalling.

Ohio state doesn't do anything with RBs in the NFL. Images of beanie wells are flashing.

Struggling with UNC? They were #22 for a reason and are the only team in the ACC worth a shit not named clemson or fsu. All we had to do was tackle and it would've been a different game. Greyson Lambert is trash and Jacob Eason has room to learn but he literally lead the bulldogs to that win from a 10 point defecit. He has pocket presence and poise. Why would you ask "do you really think he'll be that good?"? Would you ask that if tOSU recruited the #1 QB in the nation? He threw for 10,000 yards and 99 TDs in fucking highschool.

I think Zeke will be an elite RB in the NFL based on his overall skill set as a runner, pass catcher, and blocker. He's gonna be leaned on heavily with Romo down. Aside from Gurley, have there been that many recent UGA RBs that have been successful in the NFL? I'm not asking to be a dick, I'm asking because I'm curious.

As for Eason, he couldn't even get 100 TDs in high school? What a joke. /s

I didn't know he was that highly rated. No need to get super defensive. I'm just used to them leaning on RBs the past few years. That's exciting for the Georgia offense of the future if they have a solid group of WRs to go along with him. Should be an elite group, especially once he gets more experience.

Sanosuke
09-07-2016, 06:08 AM
Thanks. I came.

Could have had one loss if NW didn't shit the bed.

I think Zeke will be an elite RB in the NFL based on his overall skill set as a runner, pass catcher, and blocker. He's gonna be leaned on heavily with Romo down. Aside from Gurley, have there been that many recent UGA RBs that have been successful in the NFL? I'm not asking to be a dick, I'm asking because I'm curious.

As for Eason, he couldn't even get 100 TDs in high school? What a joke. /s

I didn't know he was that highly rated. No need to get super defensive. I'm just used to them leaning on RBs the past few years. That's exciting for the Georgia offense of the future if they have a solid group of WRs to go along with him. Should be an elite group, especially once he gets more experience.

Maybe I'm just used to the mantis of old with the Eason argument. We've had to use RBs the past few years because we've had no one that can throw the ball farther than 15 yards without throwing INTs. See: Greyson Lambert stat line last year starting ALL TWELVE GAMES. 1900 Passing Yards, 12 TDs and 2 INTs. He is the epitome of game manager. Plus it helps that we've had otherworldly talent at RB.

As far as recent RBs with success: Robert Edwards (freak knee accident during some rookie game ended his career), Terrell Davis, Knowshon Moreno, Todd Gurley. Keith Marshall got drafted by the Redskins this year and could probably see playing time if he can just stay on the field.

Nick Chubb imo will probably go in the early second round if he doesn't win the heisman and has a fully healthy season. First round if he does win the heisman.

I think Elliot will get the Smith treatment and perform because of the godlike offensive line in front of him. Darren McFadden had his best year since 2010 behind that line and he's a bum.

Mantis
09-07-2016, 03:39 PM
If Zeke performs well, you can't just give him no credit because Dallas has a good offensive line. There's a reason he was picked 4th overall.

Also, I forgot to reply to this before, but you made a comment about how we only amassed 800 yards against BG because they're BG and not because of play calling or anything special we did. There aren't many teams that can just put up those kinds of numbers. Our play calling was good and we executed things very well, which is especially impressive considering it was the first game of the season with the youngest team in the FBS. Sometimes you just have to give credit where credit is due, even if it is for OSU.

Sanosuke
09-08-2016, 09:03 PM
It's not that it's OSU, it's literally because it was Bowling Green. Being one of thr youngest teams in the NCAA isn't that big a deal considering all the players range from 18-22. OSU recruits talent based on success and their brand. I'd be impressed if they put up 800 yards against a Michigan State or Michigan. Not some MACtion team. Thats like me being excited about how many yards Chubb will hang on Nicholls

Da Gyps
09-08-2016, 09:18 PM
It's not that it's OSU, it's literally because it was Bowling Green. Being one of thr youngest teams in the NCAA isn't that big a deal considering all the players range from 18-22. OSU recruits talent based on success and their brand. I'd be impressed if they put up 800 yards against a Michigan State or Michigan. Not some MACtion team. Thats like me being excited about how many yards Chubb will hang on Nicholls

Probably under 200 since he will be out of the game early to rest.

Sanosuke
09-08-2016, 10:05 PM
I hope he runs for 200 on like 4 carries.

Mantis
09-09-2016, 03:53 PM

So the only way we could impress you is if we basically did the impossible? Nobody is going to put up 800 yards on a team like Michigan State or Michigan. An NFL team couldn't even do that.

Also I couldn't help but laugh at your analogy at the end, because I thought to myself that is exactly the type of thing you would get excited about haha. You get overly excited about literally everything Georgia does (see previous posts from last weekend's games, signature, etc).

Da Gyps
09-09-2016, 03:57 PM
So the only way we could impress you is if we basically did the impossible? Nobody is going to put up 800 yards on a team like Michigan State or Michigan. An NFL team couldn't even do that.

Also I couldn't help but laugh at your analogy at the end, because I thought to myself that is exactly the type of thing you would get excited about haha. You get overly excited about literally everything Georgia does (see previous posts from last weekend's games, signature, etc).

Ennnnnnnnnnh maybe. It's a REALLY big gap in quality. Even Bama who dominates CFB like everyone else is a small child doesn't have all their guys be NFL studs.

Sanosuke
09-10-2016, 01:08 PM

I was just posting a bunch because it was a very important game. I'm not flooding the forum now because it's fucking Nicholls.

And I was just exaggerating there, but all I'm saying is, offensive feats with a stacked team like tOSU who is probably the 2nd best team in the country not named Alabama hanging 800 total yards of offensive against some D tier team who probably struggles to get 3* recruits isn't impressive to me. It's good that y'alls offense was running efficiently but it's not something I'd take to the bank performance wise because it's not against high end competition.

Also UGA can't fucking put up more than 10 points on Nicholls. Why

Sanosuke
09-10-2016, 01:19 PM
UGA is so bad. They better make some halftime adjustments or I'm going to lose my shit

Mantis
09-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Nicholls too strong.

Sanosuke
09-10-2016, 01:25 PM
This shit is blowing my fucking mind. I'm thinking it really comes down to a scheme issue at this point because the talent is definitely there. Like I don't even know what states Nicholls belongs to. This is so annoying. We're gonna lose if the offense doesn't get its shit together.

Sanosuke
09-10-2016, 01:28 PM
Choach Smart is fucking livid

Da Gyps
09-10-2016, 01:48 PM
RIP Sano

Sanosuke
09-10-2016, 02:07 PM
fucking christ man. it's like a completely different team

Da Gyps
09-10-2016, 02:12 PM
Like...Nicholls is legitimately playing better at this pt.

Sanosuke
09-10-2016, 02:14 PM
EASON THE SAVIORx

Da Gyps
09-10-2016, 02:17 PM
LET THE KID THROW KIRBs

Mantis
09-10-2016, 02:17 PM
As soon as I turn the game on, Georgia scores twice. You're welcome, Sano.

Sanosuke
09-10-2016, 02:19 PM
THE SCOOP AND SCORE!!!x I LOVE YOU MANTIS.

Mantis
09-10-2016, 03:34 PM
I don't have ACC network, but what the fuck is Clemson doing?

Mantis
09-10-2016, 03:50 PM
That Central Michigan last play... omg

Da Gyps
09-10-2016, 05:56 PM
I don't have ACC network, but what the fuck is Clemson doing?

Being Clemson.

That Central Michigan last play... omg

Should not have happened but LOL. I love college football.

Mantis
09-10-2016, 07:59 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/9/10/12874002/jim-harbaugh-picking-his-nose-and-eating-it-michigan-ucf

For Gryph.

Mantis
09-10-2016, 10:42 PM
This TCU/Arkansas game is absolutely nuts.

Da Gyps
09-10-2016, 11:22 PM
It was very fun. BYU just went for 2 down by 1 with 18 seconds left. Didn't get it. I love college football.

Da Gyps
09-10-2016, 11:59 PM
Grambling StateTigers
1-0
9:17 - 2nd
PAC12 1 2 3 4 T
GRAM 7 7 14
ARIZ 0 0 0
ArizonaWildcats
0-1

Whoa

Gryph
09-11-2016, 09:53 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/9/10/12874002/jim-harbaugh-picking-his-nose-and-eating-it-michigan-ucf

For Gryph.

He can't let any of his bodily spirit escape so he must maintain a perfect balance of proteins supplied from his own body to maintain a perfect ratio. This is a proven scientific fact. It's why his khakis look better than everyone else.

Sanosuke
09-14-2016, 01:18 AM
FSU and Louisville is gonna be an amazing game. Alabama and Ole Miss, Mich. State and ND, tOSU and OU, USC and Stanford. Holy football batman

Da Gyps
09-14-2016, 08:04 AM
Yep. After a week of meh, we back boiiiiz.

Sanosuke
09-14-2016, 11:21 AM
Georgia @ Missouri will probably give me brain cancer from rage

Da Gyps
09-14-2016, 01:02 PM
Missouri is bad, but it's not like UGA set the world on fire last week. Interesting game.

The Cheat
09-14-2016, 07:41 PM
Anyone think Louisville has a shot?

Missouri is bad, but it's not like UGA set the world on fire last week. Interesting game.

UGA got that mascot tho...

Sanosuke
09-14-2016, 08:51 PM
Louisville legitimately might be the better team.

The Cheat
09-14-2016, 09:16 PM
I hope so. I have never liked FSU.

Mantis
09-15-2016, 03:41 PM
Fuck FSU. Hate Jimbo.

The Cheat
09-15-2016, 07:18 PM
Fuck FSU. Hate Jimbo.

...high five?

Mantis
09-15-2016, 09:00 PM
...high five?

Sure. Why not. :stop: <-- I thought this was pretty good for not actually being a high five emoji

Gryph
09-15-2016, 09:42 PM
Who names their kid Jimbo?

That should be enough to just hate his bloodline not just him.

Da Gyps
09-16-2016, 09:01 AM
Found a picture of Mantis's yard.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsZI2PKUAAAMNvf.jpg

Sanosuke
09-16-2016, 03:13 PM
That better be at collegr gameday for osu vs mich

Lex
09-16-2016, 04:36 PM
That better be at collegr gameday for osu vs mich

OU's about to derail osu's whole season though.

Demicos
09-16-2016, 05:01 PM
Almost as bad as OU derailed UH

Mantis
09-17-2016, 01:27 PM
FSU's defense looks like shit.

Da Gyps
09-17-2016, 02:21 PM
This is....something.......... FSU looks really bad.

Mantis
09-17-2016, 02:28 PM
They need to steal some crab legs or something to get back into their normal flow. Since they're in Louisville though, they might have to settle for stealing some baseball bats instead.

Mantis
09-17-2016, 02:48 PM

Demicos
09-17-2016, 02:50 PM
Where is FSU going to fall to? Dear lord they are getting destroyed.

Da Gyps
09-17-2016, 02:56 PM
That sign is great.

@Demi: Unranked I would hope.

Mantis
09-17-2016, 03:09 PM
RIP Iowa

Da Gyps
09-17-2016, 03:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CslHDPuVMAAHr1r.jpg

Mantis
09-17-2016, 04:02 PM
Colorado is my hero.

Mantis
09-17-2016, 05:11 PM
How salty is this announcer for the Bama game? Is he a Bama alumni or something? haha

Sanosuke
09-17-2016, 05:12 PM
Ole miss the god slayers. 3peat

Sanosuke
09-17-2016, 05:12 PM
Also lol @ Michigan losing to Rado 21-14 as of this post

Mantis
09-17-2016, 05:22 PM
Classic Bama.

Sanosuke
09-17-2016, 05:34 PM
also called FSU gettin' that work

Demicos
09-17-2016, 05:39 PM
Today might be an OSU wet dream.

I guarantee Harbaugh is tearing into his players right now.

Mantis
09-17-2016, 05:42 PM
Today might be an OSU wet dream.

I guarantee Harbaugh is tearing into his players right now.

No way Michigan loses now that they have the momentum back. Refs are letting them get away with murder in terms of the offensive holding on almost every play.

Mantis
09-17-2016, 05:59 PM
Ole Miss gonna Ole Miss.

Da Gyps
09-17-2016, 06:01 PM
How salty is this announcer for the Bama game? Is he a Bama alumni or something? haha

Nope Gary just has a raging hard-on for Saban/Bama. He is a Purdue alum. It's really weird.

Da Gyps
09-17-2016, 06:02 PM
Ole Miss gonna Ole Miss.

Ole pissin it away.

Mantis
09-17-2016, 07:22 PM
Ole Miss is the biggest joke. Yet another choke.

KBHoleN1
09-17-2016, 07:33 PM
Wow, Ole Miss making it interesting. 13 points in about 10 seconds.

Mantis
09-17-2016, 09:40 PM
Let's fucking goooooooooo

EDIT: Fuck!

Mantis
09-17-2016, 09:47 PM
Wow that return should have never even fucking counted! Dropped it before the goal line. Should have been a touchback. How does nobody notice??

Guess it's the same way they didn't notice the two missed facemask calls in the 1st quarter.

Da Gyps
09-17-2016, 10:22 PM
Nah he crossed the line first I thought. That was one of the few plays I've seen of the game. Watching MSU pound ND gloriously.

Mantis
09-17-2016, 10:46 PM
He dropped the ball before he crossed the line, not that it matters since the ball itself never got close to breaking the plane.

That last catch was unreal. OU's defense too simple. Kappa

The Cheat
09-17-2016, 10:53 PM
So...this happened.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/the-fight-for-joe-paternos-legacy-isnt-over-205853144.html

Mantis
09-17-2016, 11:27 PM
Mizzou choke. Sano no longer on suicide watch.

Mantis
09-18-2016, 12:33 AM
Great fucking win. I didn't know for sure if we were going to be elite this year (as in actual possible playoff contenders), but I'm thinking yes. Lots of tough games ahead though.

Sanosuke
09-18-2016, 11:00 AM
Mizzou choke. Sano no longer on suicide watch.

I can't keep living like this

Sanosuke
09-18-2016, 12:25 PM
For the record Mantis, Eason throwing a 25 yd strike to Isaiah McKenzie for the go ahead TD on 4th and 10 should speak volumes about the kind of potential he has. Nuts to put a true freshman in that situation and he come out on top. Literally season saving throw right there. Especially at an intense away environment.

Sanosuke
09-18-2016, 12:27 PM
How is nobody talking about the Longhorns shooting up from unranked to 11 then losing to Cal? Incredibly hilarious.

Mantis
09-18-2016, 05:28 PM
For the record Mantis, Eason throwing a 25 yd strike to Isaiah McKenzie for the go ahead TD on 4th and 10 should speak volumes about the kind of potential he has. Nuts to put a true freshman in that situation and he come out on top. Literally season saving throw right there. Especially at an intense away environment.

A clutch play for sure, but looking at his whole body of work, I'm not sure I'm seeing the second coming of Jesus like you are. Too young in his career to be making crazy projections. Georgia needed a lot of help to get that win with a collapse on both defense in the final play and offense to fumble it away when you were about to take the lead and win the game. Not sure how much longer UGA can keep escaping like this. They've got a decently easy schedule ahead of them (Ole Miss and TN both overrated), but I could see them slipping up.

Same reason I think people need to pump the brakes on Lamar Jackson. We're three games into the season. Yeah he's been putting up ridiculous numbers, but people were talking about him possibly being the best college football player of all time. Calm down people.

In other news, how the fuck are Ole Miss and Oklahoma still ranked after starting the season 1-2? I don't care who you lost to, 1-2 is 1-2. There are definitely more deserving teams at this point in the season.

Sanosuke
09-18-2016, 05:36 PM
Cal lost to SDSU by 3, and beat the "#11" team in the country, but OU and Olemiss still get ranked over them I guess.

Sanosuke
09-18-2016, 05:38 PM
I don't think he's the second coming of jesus btw, I just think he's gonna be a really good football player in a year or two. I agree though, UGA, outside of the UNC game, has been playing abysmally. I'm already writing this season off as a test run for Kirby Smart and Jacob Eason. I'm more interested in 2017's season.

Mantis
09-18-2016, 06:10 PM
I can tell you this much, Eason definitely looks the part from a physical standpoint. He's a freshmen so he will obviously put on muscle, but he already looks like a freaking man out there.

Sanosuke
09-18-2016, 07:09 PM
Yeah he's a giant and has a ridiculous arm. Crazy how he's only turning 19 in a couple months. Bwing able to see over the oline so clearly is nuts

Sanosuke
09-19-2016, 02:41 AM
I hope we beat Ole Miss.

Mantis
09-19-2016, 06:03 PM
I hope we beat Ole Miss.

They'll take an early lead and then hand you the game on a silver platter in the second half. You know... Ole Miss stuff.

In other news, this gif seemed fitting..

http://i.makeagif.com/media/10-10-2015/Kntnd-.gif

Sanosuke
09-20-2016, 03:25 AM
Would be okay with winning like that all the way up until Bama stomps us in the SEC Championship

The Cheat
09-20-2016, 07:33 PM
More talk of FSU losing pleaz.

Is Louisville legit? Can they win out? I don't think so.

Mantis
09-20-2016, 08:50 PM
Louisville is legit enough, but I don't think they win out. If they beat Clemson, they will have a great shot at the playoffs.

Scytheman
09-20-2016, 08:51 PM
How is nobody talking about the Longhorns shooting up from unranked to 11 then losing to Cal? Incredibly hilarious.

I was laughing. Knew they were overrated.

Now Ags are overrated though, so that sucks a chode. Waiting for the inevitable mid-season collapse.

Mantis
09-20-2016, 08:54 PM
I was laughing. Knew they were overrated.

Now Ags are overrated though, so that sucks a chode. Waiting for the inevitable mid-season collapse.

Yup. Aggies one of the most overrated teams probably right now, but you could say that about a lot of SEC teams aside from Bama.

Da Gyps
09-20-2016, 10:06 PM
UT's defense is friggin garbo. At some point with this QB they have though, I bet they are a legit contender.

The Cheat
09-21-2016, 07:28 PM
Louisville is legit enough, but I don't think they win out. If they beat Clemson, they will have a great shot at the playoffs.

It always makes me feel dirty to agree with Mantis on something and not in a good way.

Mantis
09-21-2016, 07:49 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/paul_finebaum_calls_michigan_fans_a_whiny_and_sniv eling_bunch/s1_13156_21892768

Dammmmmmmmmn Finebaum. Your thoughts, gryph? :p

Da Gyps
09-21-2016, 08:03 PM
So Finebaum is a stealth mode MSU fan?

Sanosuke
09-22-2016, 03:22 AM
No, Finebaum is a retard.

Mantis
09-22-2016, 08:11 PM
GT looks really outmatched right now. Unfortunate.

KBHoleN1
09-22-2016, 10:48 PM
How do professional football commentators just not know the rule that the clock still runs outside of 2 minutes even if the play goes out of bounds? 5:20 on the clock, Clemson receiver catches a pass and goes out of bounds as he fights for more yards along the sideline. Jesse Fucking Palmer harps on his "freshman mistake" for the next 30 seconds, even though the clock runs as soon as the ball is spotted. By the time Jesse stopped telling us that he would learn not to do that, 30 seconds had run off the clock before the next snap. This isn't a new rule, this is your job to know these things. And I see commentators do this a lot, college and NFL. Going out of bounds prevented about 5 seconds from running off the clock.

Da Gyps
09-22-2016, 11:26 PM
A lot of people suck at their jobs. Especially something like broadcasting where people are gifted jobs.

Mantis
09-24-2016, 12:09 PM
Love how ESpin spins it so that 1-2 Ole Miss was "very close to being ranked #1." Lol

Why was MSU Wisconsin not the college Gameday game? Oh wait..

Da Gyps
09-24-2016, 12:20 PM
Ole Miss being ranked at all is a joke. SEC tho...

Soooooo FSU's defense is terrible.

Da Gyps
09-24-2016, 12:23 PM
RIP Sano

Mantis
09-24-2016, 12:36 PM
It's okay Sano. One more TD for Ole Miss and then they will start giving you the game. Just gotta give them at least a 3 TD lead first.

Can't believe Kent State isn't keeping it closer with Bama. /s

Da Gyps
09-24-2016, 12:39 PM
Poor Kent State. They need a squad full of Edelmans.

Honestly I don't see Bama being challenged until the cfp.

Mantis
09-24-2016, 12:40 PM
This Michelle chick for Georgia is pretty good...

Da Gyps
09-24-2016, 12:41 PM
35 points in the USF FSU game a little over halfway into the first quarter. That's ridiculous.

Mantis
09-24-2016, 12:45 PM
35 points in the USF FSU game a little over halfway into the first quarter. That's ridiculous.

Looking like a B12 game. I guess we know how Louisville put up the numbers they did on FSU now.

Da Gyps
09-24-2016, 12:47 PM
FSU has at least played defense after the first two drives now but yeah.

I'm impressed with this kid playing QB for Wiscy.

Mantis
09-24-2016, 12:54 PM
I just realized that Georgia not only has a Michel, but a Mackenzie as well haha.

Ok 24-0 now. Time for Ole Miss to blow it... right? Right!?!?

Sanosuke
09-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Eason is throwing gorgeous passes and nobody can catch.

This game is over. Fucking shitty ass team always underachieving every fucking year.

Mantis
09-24-2016, 01:32 PM
I mean Georgia was obviously overrated at 12 (sorry Sano), but I'm curious as to what they put these teams at in next week's rankings. Ole Miss shouldn't have even been ranked this week, but how far are they gonna move up? How high can you rank a 2-2 team? lol

Sanosuke
09-24-2016, 01:49 PM
I know Georgia was overrated. Don't have to apologize. Our team has glaring weaknesses - Defensive discipline and WRs. I'm just focused on next year already sans major rivalry games like Tennessee, UF and GT.

Mantis
09-24-2016, 05:03 PM
Is there anyone in the world with a bigger forehead than Josh Dobbs? Dude looks 40.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/14479778_921521576902_4136117186621729070_n.jpg?oh =3967a010d1d47e22b8fb871c65c6c176&oe=5884F6E7

Maverik
09-24-2016, 05:09 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCOzYc1CUAIi36X.jpg:large

Mantis
09-24-2016, 05:24 PM
Dobbs' head is definitely way bigger, but that's still a funny comparison.

Mantis
09-24-2016, 06:51 PM
Looks like Florida is the new Ole Miss.

KBHoleN1
09-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Lol Notre Dame. Nightmarez isn't on this forum is he? I'd like to talk shit about losing to Duke in South Bend.

Da Gyps
09-24-2016, 07:56 PM
Lol Notre Dame. Nightmarez isn't on this forum is he? I'd like to talk shit about losing to Duke in South Bend.

He is but he doesn't post often. ND is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad this year. That defense...yikes.

Mantis
09-24-2016, 09:32 PM
Crazy finish in the LSU game, but it was definitely the right call.

Gryph
09-24-2016, 09:47 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/paul_finebaum_calls_michigan_fans_a_whiny_and_sniv eling_bunch/s1_13156_21892768

Dammmmmmmmmn Finebaum. Your thoughts, gryph? :p

He's probably still got the voices of the 1960's still bouncing around in those ears of his.

Da Gyps
09-25-2016, 09:46 AM
Crazy finish in the LSU game, but it was definitely the right call.

Les Miles infinity

Mantis
09-25-2016, 10:15 AM
Apparently you can't do more with Les.

Da Gyps
09-25-2016, 10:22 AM
I hope he doesn't just retire after LSU dumps him (presumably after this year). I need my erotic bad football + time management combo fix.

Hugh
09-30-2016, 09:06 PM
I hope the Huskies fucking stomp Stanford tonight. Dawgs defense is swarming early.

Da Gyps
09-30-2016, 10:30 PM
UW rollin so far. Must be fun for you to see them actually good again. Maybe the best team in the PAC this year.

Hugh
09-30-2016, 10:41 PM
Yeah, it's been a long time since Washington football was anything to be proud of, but I still remember when teams like Stanford and Oregon got destroyed by the Huskies every year. This is good to see.

Da Gyps
09-30-2016, 10:47 PM
Iirc the last time UW was elite I was a toddler, or close to it (early 90s).

Mantis
10-01-2016, 08:30 AM
Going into the game, I thought both Stanford and Washington were likely overrated, but I assumed Stanford was still the better team. After seeing last night's score, is Washington actually legit? This might be the most surprising game of the college football season yet (close to Louisville FSU).

Da Gyps
10-01-2016, 08:59 AM
Their defense is extremely good.

Hugh
10-01-2016, 10:16 AM
Going into the game, I thought both Stanford and Washington were likely overrated, but I assumed Stanford was still the better team. After seeing last night's score, is Washington actually legit? This might be the most surprising game of the college football season yet (close to Louisville FSU).

The defense is legit for sure. A couple of years ago the Huskies had a defense absolutely stacked with talent. Danny Shelton, Marcus Peters, Shaq Thompson and Hau'oli Kikaha. They were loaded, but Peterson was new and trying to change a program and culture that had sucked for years. The defense really underperformed considering the talent.
I think this group a just as talented but now they have an identity, and the offense is miles ahead of what it was a couple years ago. Jake Browning is a good QB, might even be great, and they're bringing him along right.
I truly haven't been a fan of a Husky QB in a long time, and I'm including Jake Locker. Good guy, but I never understood why people were so high on him.

Da Gyps
10-01-2016, 10:36 AM
Would you say Browning has a.....
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zNWjcTPVUoM/hqdefault.jpg

rifle arm?
http://67.media.tumblr.com/f4d906aebfb3b390114170671dba8106/tumblr_mg7scyRtY51qhs35so1_1280.jpg

Mantis
10-01-2016, 12:52 PM
Three straight missed defensive PI calls that were all obvious on the SAME SERIES after we had 1st and goal. Now I've seen everything.

Da Gyps
10-01-2016, 01:37 PM
#Refconspiracy

I mean it's ONLY 30-0 at halftime. Must be the refs. :p

Mantis
10-01-2016, 02:36 PM
#Refconspiracy

I mean it's ONLY 30-0 at halftime. Must be the refs. :p

They just took an entire series off.

Mantis
10-01-2016, 04:50 PM
Lol TN.

Da Gyps
10-01-2016, 05:08 PM
They are one of the top frauds based on record but I don't think anyone actually thinks they are any good.

Mantis
10-01-2016, 05:41 PM
Roughing the snapper?? What the fuck am I watching?

EDIT: Michigan's checks for the refs have certainly cleared haha

Da Gyps
10-01-2016, 05:59 PM
Real BIG 10 shitfest breaking out in Ann Arbor. Bucks are gonna roll everyone.

Gryph
10-01-2016, 06:54 PM
Real BIG 10 shitfest breaking out in Ann Arbor. Bucks are gonna roll everyone.

Aside from the missed FG's, it'd be 23-7 right now. Shit happens. Don't need to be pretty just put it on the left side of the column

Mantis
10-01-2016, 07:09 PM
All hail Eason! Eh, Sano?? Crazy finish to Georgia Tenn AND FSU NC.

Mantis
10-01-2016, 07:16 PM
Nvm. Sano on suicide watch...

Da Gyps
10-01-2016, 07:16 PM
COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS THE ONLY GOOD SPORT

q

KBHoleN1
10-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Holy crap, how stupid was that ending? 15 yard unsportsman like penalty after the TD, 5 yards for being offside on the kickoff. Allowed a pretty decent return to midfield, and then fail to defend the Hail Mary. Sano might be dead.

Sanosuke
10-01-2016, 07:18 PM
I'm genuinely crying with a mix of anger and sadness.

Da Gyps
10-01-2016, 07:18 PM
AN ANSWERED PRAYER!!! WOW!!!!! #Verne

The Cheat
10-01-2016, 07:29 PM
Three straight missed defensive PI calls that were all obvious on the SAME SERIES after we had 1st and goal. Now I've seen everything.

They just took an entire series off.

Roughing the snapper?? What the fuck am I watching?

EDIT: Michigan's checks for the refs have certainly cleared haha

This is not a mantis troll post. I meant it That being said...every Ohio St fan i have ever talked to thinks this way. Doesn't matter game, score, foe, whatever. Ohio st fans are like Pats fans in the NFL. OF COURSE everyone is against them it is so obvious.

Today the buckeyes won 58-0. On several different sport forums I visited today, I have seen at least three different people (like mantis) actually say stuff like "it was obvious the game was trying to be in favor of our foe since everyone hates us. It was a close game that nearly slipped away due to cheat refs and league officials."

This happens every year. Now I'm not saying ohio state isn't good. They are (sadly). They have a crazy but good coach. Their mascot is legit. I have little against the actual school and team.

But the "fans?" No.

/rant over

in other news does the Louisville v Clemson game decide the ACC?

Sanosuke
10-01-2016, 07:35 PM
Louisville wins

Mantis
10-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Cheat I never said that the game was close or that it would be close. I just said they missed 3 straight PI calls, because they did. Knew it wouldn't make an impact on the actual outcome.

Da Gyps
10-01-2016, 07:50 PM
I think his main point is that most Bucks fans are delusional which I very much agree with.

The Cheat
10-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Cheat I never said that the game was close or that it would be close. I just said they missed 3 straight PI calls, because they did. Knew it wouldn't make an impact on the actual outcome.

Never said you did (in this instance).

I think his main point is that most Bucks fans are delusional which I very much agree with.

This.

Mantis
10-01-2016, 08:06 PM
You could literally say that about any major fan base if you're looking at individuals and then making generalizing statements about an entire fan base based on those individuals. I challenge you to look at ESPN's comments sections for games and find any fan base that doesn't include a variety of delusional fans.

Sanosuke
10-01-2016, 08:15 PM
I dunno if Western Kentucky has delusional fans.

Mantis
10-01-2016, 08:21 PM
You could literally say that about any major fan base if you're looking at individuals and then making generalizing statements about an entire fan base based on those individuals. I challenge you to look at ESPN's comments sections for games and find any fan base that doesn't include a variety of delusional fans.

Mantis
10-01-2016, 08:25 PM
I can't hear anything for this Clemson game. Can't hear the announcers or refs over the crowd. It's actually annoying.

Da Gyps
10-01-2016, 08:29 PM

The bigger the fanbase the more morons there will be (just look at Bama football or UK basketball), but I think tOSU does have a high ratio. Probably has something to do with living in an industrial wasteland (Ohio).

Da Gyps
10-01-2016, 08:29 PM
I can't hear anything for this Clemson game. Can't hear the announcers or refs over the crowd. It's actually annoying.

Yar.

You should tune to Fox for a bit though. Impending OU meltdown.

Mantis
10-01-2016, 09:02 PM
Ohio is a wasteland? Guess I haven't seen that part yet.

Da Gyps
10-01-2016, 09:30 PM
Toledo is awful and so is Cleveland. Not sure where you are at of course...

Da Gyps
10-01-2016, 09:32 PM
Michigan is also awful and I'd never want to live there again.

Sanosuke
10-01-2016, 09:34 PM

Are you trying to say Western Kentucky isn't major?

Da Gyps
10-01-2016, 10:05 PM
Western Kentucky is elite high major.

Mantis
10-01-2016, 10:51 PM
The majorest of major.

I live in a nice suburb of Cincinnati Gyps. I also lived in Columbus for 6 years while attending OSU and Columbus is a beautiful area overall, the nicest in Ohio.

Da Gyps
10-01-2016, 11:00 PM
So Michigan State is really bad this year.

Demicos
10-01-2016, 11:07 PM
OSU > You

KBHoleN1
10-01-2016, 11:18 PM
Perfect pass goes through Ray-Ray's hands and bounces up in the air for an easy pick. Punt hits a Louisville player in the shoulder but still bounces up for the return man to field it. Catch and run gets punched out and the ball lands in the defenders hands. Now a fair catch on a punt gets dropped, but the ball bounces right back into his arms. Seems like everything is working against Clemson in this second half. Going to need a big 4th quarter to stop this slide and regain momentum.

KBHoleN1
10-02-2016, 12:07 AM
Don't need to be pretty just put it on the left side of the column

Pretty much sums up the second half for Clemson.

Maverik
10-02-2016, 10:00 AM
I don't know OSU fans other than Mantis, but Mantis has always cried about everything for years now.

Everything is #REFCONSPIRACY.

Da Gyps
10-02-2016, 11:06 AM
It's not just Mantis.

Maverik
10-02-2016, 11:09 AM
I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Maverik
10-02-2016, 11:12 AM
holy shit that Michigan interception

Mantis
10-02-2016, 11:24 AM
I'm not going to complain about refs when there's nothing to complain about, so the only time you see me talking about the refs is going to be when they're blowing calls. I'm not going to come in the thread and talk about how the refs didn't make any bad calls.

I've always considered you one of the dumbest trolls on this forum though Mav, so I wouldn't expect you to understand this.

KBHoleN1
10-02-2016, 11:28 AM
I'm not going to complain about refs when there's nothing to complain about, so the only time you see me talking about the refs is going to be when they're blowing calls. I'm not going to come in the thread and talk about how the refs didn't make any bad calls.

I've always considered you one of the dumbest trolls on this forum though Mav, so I wouldn't expect you to understand this.
How many people have been telling you that you complain about the refs too much? Do you think it's more likely that all those people are out to get you, or that you might complain about the refs too much? This is why I've never liked you, you're so unaware of how obnoxious you can be.

Mantis
10-02-2016, 11:38 AM
How many people have been telling you that you complain about the refs too much? Do you think it's more likely that all those people are out to get you, or that you might complain about the refs too much? This is why I've never liked you, you're so unaware of how obnoxious you can be.

I'm not going to complain about refs when they aren't doing anything wrong. It's just that simple. That's like getting mad at a woman who keeps getting raped and complaining about it and telling her she needs to stop complaining about being raped. You got raped again, we get it. Stop complaining about it. We've heard it before. Just because someone has complained about something multiple times, doesn't make it not true.

Perfect analogy I know. Also, I've never liked you either because you're unaware of how much of a prick you are, so there's that.

KBHoleN1
10-02-2016, 11:49 AM
I'm not going to complain about refs when they aren't doing anything wrong.

This is exactly what you do. The only calls you think are bad are the ones that go against your team. When your team gets a break from the refs, you ignore it, or don't think it's that big of a deal. So your mind only tallies the ones against you, and you end up thinking you're getting screwed every game. This is the psychology of a homer. It's a human tendency to focus intensely on unfair things and not balance those out with the things that are fair. I just don't understand how you can be a grown ass man and come here as often as you do to complain about something and not realize that you're the one being unreasonable. It's now a running joke on the forums that if the Bengals get a penalty you'll show up in the NFL thread to complain about it. YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, MANTIS. The first step is admitting it.

Da Gyps
10-02-2016, 11:59 AM
This is exactly what you do. The only calls you think are bad are the ones that go against your team. When your team gets a break from the refs, you ignore it, or don't think it's that big of a deal. So your mind only tallies the ones against you, and you end up thinking you're getting screwed every game. This is the psychology of a homer. It's a human tendency to focus intensely on unfair things and not balance those out with the things that are fair. I just don't understand how you can be a grown ass man and come here as often as you do to complain about something and not realize that you're the one being unreasonable. It's now a running joke on the forums that if the Bengals get a penalty you'll show up in the NFL thread to complain about it. YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, MANTIS. The first step is admitting it.

During the Bengals Broncos game, it was like Mantis and I were watching a different game. Obviously I do not like the Broncos one bit but I try to remain neutral when it comes to breaking down ref calls. Mantis would have you believe that with robot refs the Bengals would have beat the Steelers and the Broncos but I just do not see it that way.