PDA

View Full Version : Tao baseball daily h2h league

Pages : [1] 2

Gryph
02-27-2017, 11:06 AM
Alrite you wrinkly dicked cunts, this aint harem of the dead you shrimp dicked fucknuggets, this is the baseball league from which I was scoffed at by the fantasy gods. Taking signups as league renews soon. And yes I will be contacting all Baseball fans on FB and being highly annoying while getting people back in this league. Looking for a lot of people :

I plan on not losing this year.

Hulky
02-27-2017, 12:05 PM
k in

Spencer 555
02-27-2017, 02:52 PM
I love this new gryph. I loved the old gryph, but new gryph is even better. Let's go!

Greendaybum5
02-27-2017, 03:01 PM
I posted in ESPN, but when's draft?

Aristocatt
02-28-2017, 11:04 AM
#h2h

Spencer 555
02-28-2017, 03:12 PM
Matt's here to hurt :'(

Gryph
02-28-2017, 09:22 PM
I posted in ESPN, but when's draft?

Working on it. I'm waiting for them to release the full WBC schedule and we'll go from there. Plus I'm of work Thursday, so I have enough time to sit down and look through some shit.

Hulky
03-15-2017, 12:09 AM
I keep looking at ADPs and mocks and whatnot and the rankings seem super fucked up. Theres so much talent all over at all these rounds.

Spencer 555
03-18-2017, 12:20 PM
Ya the influx of talented rookies that just came into the league is pretty much unprecedented.

Hulky
03-19-2017, 06:55 PM
I just finished another fantasy league (10 man h2h) This is the team I ended up with:

C: Evan Gattis
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Robinson Cano
3B: Kris Bryant
SS: Dansby Swanson
2B/SS: Jedd Gyorko
1B/3B: Greg Bird
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Nelson Cruz
OF: Kyle Schwarber
OF: Kevin Kiermaier
OF: Jason Heyward
UTIL: Jose Reyes
RP: Edwin Diaz
RP: Cody Allen
RP: Andrew Miller
RP: Dellin Betances
SP: Jake Arietta
SP: Gerrit Cole
SP: Zach Grienke
SP: Danny Salazar
SP: Felix Hernandez
SP: Steven Matz
SP: Sonny Gray
SP: Julio Urias

Greendaybum5
03-20-2017, 08:52 AM
I just finished another fantasy league (10 man h2h) This is the team I ended up with:

C: Evan Gattis
1B: Anthony Rizzo
2B: Robinson Cano
3B: Kris Bryant
2B/SS: Jedd Gyorko
1B/3B: Greg Bird
OF: Giancarlo Stanton
OF: Nelson Cruz
OF: Kyle Schwarber
OF: Kevin Kiermaier
OF: Jason Heyward
UTIL: Jose Reyes
RP: Cody Allen
RP: Andrew Miller
RP: Dellin Betances
SP: Jake Arietta
SP: Gerrit Cole
SP: Zach Grienke
SP: Danny Salazar
SP: Felix Hernandez
SP: Julio Urias

what pick did you have? 3-5?

Hulky
03-20-2017, 01:49 PM
what pick did you have? 3-5?

8th
1 Clayton Kershaw, LAD SP
2 Jose Altuve, Hou 2B
3 Nolan Arenado, Col 3B
4 Mike Trout, LAA OF
5 Mookie Betts, Bos OF
6 Bryce Harper, Wsh OF
7 Paul Goldschmidt, Ari 1B
8 Kris Bryant, ChC 3B
9 Manny Machado, Bal SS
10 Josh Donaldson, Tor 3B

Then I went Rizzo near the top of the second, then Arrieta in the third (who was SP7, after Kershaw (r1), Sale, Bumgarner, Scherzer, Kluber(r2), Syndergaard(r3).

Greendaybum5
03-21-2017, 07:33 AM
8th
1 Clayton Kershaw, LAD SP
2 Jose Altuve, Hou 2B
3 Nolan Arenado, Col 3B
4 Mike Trout, LAA OF
5 Mookie Betts, Bos OF
6 Bryce Harper, Wsh OF
7 Paul Goldschmidt, Ari 1B
8 Kris Bryant, ChC 3B
9 Manny Machado, Bal SS
10 Josh Donaldson, Tor 3B

Then I went Rizzo near the top of the second, then Arrieta in the third (who was SP7, after Kershaw (r1), Sale, Bumgarner, Scherzer, Kluber(r2), Syndergaard(r3).

Nice.

Hulky
03-22-2017, 02:20 PM
I want to draft so badly lol

Greendaybum5
03-22-2017, 08:45 PM
H2H standard league which side do you take

Trout, Rizzo, Tanaka

Betts, Altuve, Darvish (or Strasburg)

Hulky
03-22-2017, 09:58 PM
I think the Betts line and pick Darvish or Straburg whichever is healthiest in hindsight

Spencer 555
03-23-2017, 01:08 AM
I'd got trout Rizzoli tanaka

Greendaybum5
03-23-2017, 08:15 AM
I'd go darvish over stras I think. the same manager just offered me Strasburg for tanaka. The rankings have stras much higher but I'm worried about injury and him getting shut down later in season if the team is out of playoff hunt. am I an idiot not to do Tanaka for Stras straight up?

Spencer 555
03-23-2017, 10:17 PM
A bit, but neither comes without risk. Id say it's kinda a toss up between them so I wouldn't judge u for valuing Tanaka more at all.

Hulky
03-24-2017, 01:48 AM
I have a Sunday date, but I think I'll still be able to draft. We are doing wine tasting, so I don't know if I'll miss a round or two. It's at 4:30 PST (7:30EST) I think so I might try the mobile app if we are on the way home. You can switch from mobile to laptop mid-draft right (or should I just custom big board the first two round for insurance)?

Greendaybum5
03-24-2017, 03:11 PM
I have a Sunday date, but I think I'll still be able to draft. We are doing wine tasting, so I don't know if I'll miss a round or two. It's at 4:30 PST (7:30EST) I think so I might try the mobile app if we are on the way home. You can switch from mobile to laptop mid-draft right (or should I just custom big board the first two round for insurance)?

you can go back and forth between app and laptop as much as you want.

Spencer 555
03-26-2017, 08:29 PM
Pretty happy with how my draft went. Urias is gonna be a stud

Gryph
03-26-2017, 10:35 PM
Im cool with mine as well.

Hulky
03-27-2017, 01:23 AM
The most frustrating part is that I didn't draft Joey Votto so my team name now doesn't make sense and I dunno a good new one. :'(

Spencer 555
03-27-2017, 01:39 AM
I'm sad I didn't really get very good late pitching. I didn't do my homework this year at all lol. Marez and hulky I think did the best Jobs late in the draft. Hulkys team is really dangerous, but he has a ton of risk. Haven't really looked into anyone else's teams as of yet cause I'm at work, but hulkys team caught my eye with all the high risk high reward players. Fantasy is so much more fun with players like that.

Greendaybum5
03-27-2017, 08:44 AM
I need an OF. I've got 2 stud Second Basemen and i'll part with one to get an OF.

Hulky
03-27-2017, 04:50 PM
C: Gary Sanchez
1B: Greg Bird
2B: Jonathan Schoop
3B: Jose Ramirez
OF: Bryce Harper
OF: Yoenis Cespedes
OF: Miguel Sano
UTIL: Hunter Pence
BEN: Yoan Moncada

RP: Aroldis Chapman
RP: Addison Reed
SP: Corey Kluber
SP: Stephen Strasburg
SP: David Price
SP: Blake Snell
SP: Joe Ross
SP: Jordan Zimermann
SP: Mike Foltynewicz

I don't know where my team's weaknesses are (not cocky, I don't know baseball lol) but I have some young unproven guys like Gary Sanchez, Greg Bird, Dansby Swanson, Blake Snell and maybe Yoan Moncada if he comes up into the majors. A lot of my pitchers are injury risks, but when I was researching it seemed to me reaching on guys or getting good injury risks were the two options. I wanted to either do something like Scherzer into Rizzo/Votto, Goldschmidt into Kluber or wait and get Bird while addressing other things and I'm happy I got one of my three plans. I dunno if I kinda punted though (too many young guys/injury risks), but #yolo.

Spencer 555
03-27-2017, 05:05 PM
I feel like your offense is heavily reliant on Bryce Harper regressing to his 2015 numbers. Talent is there but it's hard to see happening. You have a lot of question marks in your bats. As far as pitching goes, you're pretty dominant.

Spencer 555
03-27-2017, 06:55 PM
Kluber Strasbourg price all sp1 or 1.5

Matz snell sp1 potential

Gray Ross Zimmerman all likely middle of the rotation guys

And foltynevics or whatever who I don't know much about. Really really good staff with 5 potential aces.

Spencer 555
03-27-2017, 07:08 PM
With the bats I think bird and Sanchez might be overhyped because theyre yankees, schoop is probably below average slightly at 2b, Swanson I think is still a year or two away from being really relevant fantasy wise and he's more a RL player anyways. Jose ramirez is pretty underwhelming and a regression candidate. But you're outfield I'd pretty nice.

Hulky
03-28-2017, 01:53 AM
I think I have the best RP trio in the league, but I'm not sure. I've never seen Edwin Diaz, but I researched him online quite a bit and targetted him. Diaz and Cespedes were the only two guys I was 100% targeting. I wasn't targeting either of my third basemen (Sano or Ramirez) but I think they are good complements. Like Sano is HR power potential with Ks, and Ramirez is high batting average, low power and decent steal potential. Both have 3B/OF versatility, but my lack of batting depth means I'd need to pick someone up if either isn't starting so it's irrelevant which spot they are at.

After looking at Ramirez a bit more he seems basically like Lindor, but batting in a worse spot in the lineup (after EE instead in front of him). I think there is a shot that Ramirez picks up 2B eligability too, which then puts me at C/Sanchez 1/Bird 2/Ramirez SS/Swanson 3/Sano OF/HarperCespedesPence then UTIL a guy which would be nice.

I targeted Gary Sanchez, but JT Realmuto was my backup target followed by Francisco Cervelli, I wanted to reach on Sanchez though because like Gattis on previous years having the HR potential at C is pretty unique I think.
I wanted Goldy, Rizzo, Votto, or EE and if I didn't end up with one of them in the first two rounds I was going to reach on Greg Bird.
The SS I targeted were Machado, Tulo, Swanson, Crawford.
The 2B were LeMathieu, Schoop, Panik. I wanted Schoop or Panik the most because I wanted to try this Cuban guy Moncado that I had been reading about. I figured investing too highly would make trying to fit Moncado in later in the year when he comes up (if he comes up) harder.
The 3B I thought I'd miss tbh and would just get one when I got one. I didn't research this position at all since early on I assumed I was just going to draft Machado again and actually forgot to plan it out.
OF: I wanted Cespedes the most. Harper was who I told my girlfriend to draft when my phone made the draft sounds when I was driving and I couldn't see who was actually available. I'm pretty happy with Harper though and he was a top 3 pick last year and superman the year before. I also really wanted to pick up Pence after being excited to get him last year, but didn't get to fully enjoy it with his injury. Ended up getting Ramirez and Sano at 3B with OF versatility so that's cool.

SP I strongly considered taking Scherzer at 8 overall. I figured I might get locked out in the second so maybe I should reach (and would have if Altuve was the top pick that fell to me at 8, because I didn't want a 2B). Then the second round SPs were all on my board, but I was happy to get Kluber back. Price I saw had injury concerns and I targeted him based off the fears I read in comment sections. I hope I get a couple months of good play from him. Similar plan with my first pick ever (in the first round of my first time in this league) of Strasburg, but hopefully even more games than Price. After that I wanted at least one of the Mets top 3 pitchers, and I think I got one in Matz. The other SPs I got were guys I considered or picked up in previous years.

RP I think I have the strongest trio. It was very important to me to land 2 good save guys with high K potential which I think I got in Chapman and Diaz, but also a hold guy that might contribute a few saves and Addison Reed fit that profile with my last year RP Familia (also had the Dodger guy Kenley Jansen and someone else but I don't remember, maybe Rosenthal?).

Overall having my three RP I think I should, as an active manager, be able to do a lot of those SP overloads to squeeze extra wins.

I like most of the teams, minus the ones with too many batters and not enough SPs to hit even the max SPs in a week. I think most teams (but not all) are weak on RP too which should help me make the playoffs even if my young guys struggle for a bit.

Greendaybum5
03-28-2017, 10:06 AM
I think I have the best RP trio in the league, but I'm not sure. I've never seen Edwin Diaz, but I researched him online quite a bit and targetted him. Diaz and Cespedes were the only two guys I was 100% targeting. I wasn't targeting either of my third basemen (Sano or Ramirez) but I think they are good complements. Like Sano is HR power potential with Ks, and Ramirez is high batting average, low power and decent steal potential. Both have 3B/OF versatility, but my lack of batting depth means I'd need to pick someone up if either isn't starting so it's irrelevant which spot they are at.

After looking at Ramirez a bit more he seems basically like Lindor, but batting in a worse spot in the lineup (after EE instead in front of him). I think there is a shot that Ramirez picks up 2B eligability too, which then puts me at C/Sanchez 1/Bird 2/Ramirez SS/Swanson 3/Sano OF/HarperCespedesPence then UTIL a guy which would be nice.

I targeted Gary Sanchez, but JT Realmuto was my backup target followed by Francisco Cervelli, I wanted to reach on Sanchez though because like Gattis on previous years having the HR potential at C is pretty unique I think.
I wanted Goldy, Rizzo, Votto, or EE and if I didn't end up with one of them in the first two rounds I was going to reach on Greg Bird.
The SS I targeted were Machado, Tulo, Swanson, Crawford.
The 2B were LeMathieu, Schoop, Panik. I wanted Schoop or Panik the most because I wanted to try this Cuban guy Moncado that I had been reading about. I figured investing too highly would make trying to fit Moncado in later in the year when he comes up (if he comes up) harder.
The 3B I thought I'd miss tbh and would just get one when I got one. I didn't research this position at all since early on I assumed I was just going to draft Machado again and actually forgot to plan it out.
OF: I wanted Cespedes the most. Harper was who I told my girlfriend to draft when my phone made the draft sounds when I was driving and I couldn't see who was actually available. I'm pretty happy with Harper though and he was a top 3 pick last year and superman the year before. I also really wanted to pick up Pence after being excited to get him last year, but didn't get to fully enjoy it with his injury. Ended up getting Ramirez and Sano at 3B with OF versatility so that's cool.

SP I strongly considered taking Scherzer at 8 overall. I figured I might get locked out in the second so maybe I should reach (and would have if Altuve was the top pick that fell to me at 8, because I didn't want a 2B). Then the second round SPs were all on my board, but I was happy to get Kluber back. Price I saw had injury concerns and I targeted him based off the fears I read in comment sections. I hope I get a couple months of good play from him. Similar plan with my first pick ever (in the first round of my first time in this league) of Strasburg, but hopefully even more games than Price. After that I wanted at least one of the Mets top 3 pitchers, and I think I got one in Matz. The other SPs I got were guys I considered or picked up in previous years.

RP I think I have the strongest trio. It was very important to me to land 2 good save guys with high K potential which I think I got in Chapman and Diaz, but also a hold guy that might contribute a few saves and Addison Reed fit that profile with my last year RP Familia (also had the Dodger guy Kenley Jansen and someone else but I don't remember, maybe Rosenthal?).

Overall having my three RP I think I should, as an active manager, be able to do a lot of those SP overloads to squeeze extra wins.

I like most of the teams, minus the ones with too many batters and not enough SPs to hit even the max SPs in a week. I think most teams (but not all) are weak on RP too which should help me make the playoffs even if my young guys struggle for a bit.

I'd gladly trade you Odor or Kinsler for OF help.

From reading your reasoning on a lot of things the issue I see is you drafted based on this being H2H with categories not H2H with points. Certain players become way more valuable/useless based on the scoring.

Hulky
03-31-2017, 03:07 PM
I picked up Odubel Herrera for Yoan Moncada just now.

I think this is smart, but I dunno. I'm doing it because I think with Kipnis missing about a month my Ramirez guy can pick up 2B eligibility so then my lineup looks like

C: Sanchez
1b: Bird
2b:Ramirez
ss: Dansby Swanson
3b: Sano
OF: Harper
OF: Cespedes
OF: Herrera/Pence
Util: Pence/Schoop

Kinda sucks long term if Ramirez doesn't pick up 2B elig though, and I'm not 100% how that works.

@Philly: I'm not trading Harper or Cespedes (or my Yankees at least until I see them for a bit)

I'malive
04-02-2017, 11:20 PM
Well today didn't go as planned...hopefully this isn't a common occurrence through the year. Not surprised about Tanaka proving that spring training means nothing right off the bat though..

Gryph
04-03-2017, 09:25 AM
Well today didn't go as planned...hopefully this isn't a common occurrence through the year. Not surprised about Tanaka proving that spring training means nothing right off the bat though..

I watched that game (Naturally) Longo hit the blast, but literally it bounced on the top of the wall and went over, a cm shorter and it'd of been a long single, and Judge got caught in between on a tough Keirmeirer (sp? lol) liner that gave up a run, everything they hit just happened to go somewhere bad. Just an unlucky game honestly.

Spencer 555
04-03-2017, 11:51 AM
Just admit it... the Yankees are overrated

Gryph
04-03-2017, 01:24 PM
Just admit it... the Yankees are overrated

They are. Just a shitty luck game, Tanaka's BABIP that game was like ... .800 something, even with weak contact. It happens lol

Spencer 555
04-03-2017, 04:26 PM
Ur not easily trolled :(

Gryph
04-03-2017, 10:35 PM
This place has given me the ability to regenerate butt hurt feelings at such an abnormal rate I'm immune to most emotional pain now a days.

Spencer 555
04-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Impressive lol

Hulky
04-03-2017, 11:57 PM
I'm sad that I'm not a top team on opening days. Really thought Kluber+Strasburg was going to be sick.
Nervous, but it's week one and I am still in it with another shot to see Kluber/Stras Sunday.

Hulky
04-07-2017, 01:38 AM
Is Nightmarez taobball on rotoworld forums? I read a lot of that guys posts and just realized he is a) a Cubs fan and b) named CJ Freel and according to our ESPN league Nightmarez is C. Freel.

Anyone know? If so Nightmarez has some wicked indepth insight posts lol

Spencer 555
04-07-2017, 09:31 AM
That's him

Greendaybum5
04-07-2017, 09:42 AM
who reads rotoworld forums, altho I'm on the site 10000 times a day for daily fantasy updates

Spencer 555
04-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Lol who reads taoforums :p

Sanosuke
04-07-2017, 10:59 AM
francisco lindor is going to win me a million games

Hulky
04-07-2017, 02:49 PM
My Atlanta and Yankee players are letting me down pretty badly.

Folty bummed out, Swanson isn't doing much, same with Sanchez and Bird. Here's to hoping for a Bird and Sanchez HR a piece later so I can pull ahead this week.

Greendaybum5
04-07-2017, 03:39 PM
who am I playing this week

Hulky
04-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Gryph

Nightmarez
04-08-2017, 03:58 PM
Is Nightmarez taobball on rotoworld forums? I read a lot of that guys posts and just realized he is a) a Cubs fan and b) named CJ Freel and according to our ESPN league Nightmarez is C. Freel.

Anyone know? If so Nightmarez has some wicked indepth insight posts lol

Yessir. Been working on it for a while, took it a bit more seriously thisyear. Had to take a step back to get some schooling stuff done but starting in May I'm going to be doing some writing for Rotoballer doing blurbs and Idk if they're going to do fantasy analysis with me off the bat but I've had a couple smaller sites reach out. Tis pretty fun. But like teh writing, I'm giong to be a bit busy for this league too pre-May.

Hulky
04-08-2017, 05:03 PM
I kind of feel like a dick now for reading a lot of what you write and targeting some of your boys in the draft. Your posts also made me happy about my accident auto pick of Jose Ramirez lol.

Nightmarez
04-08-2017, 05:13 PM
I kind of feel like a dick now for reading a lot of what you write and targeting some of your boys in the draft. Your posts also made me happy about my accident auto pick of Jose Ramirez lol.

Haha, it doesn't matter. I always put everything I do in the public sphere mostly on RW but sometimes on Reddit so I expect it, but I also wasn't online for our draft for much of it. I actually only knew it was happening because I got out of one draft and the draft room had just opened. ANd I haven't been moving my roster around this week but I"ve set up my lineup for the next week, I've just been busy particularly since about the first or second week of march.

Spencer 555
04-08-2017, 05:13 PM
He's too high on Ramirez tho so....

Hulky
04-08-2017, 05:52 PM
I guess we will see once he ends up a top 2B that was not a top 2 or 3 round pick.

Nightmarez
04-08-2017, 06:03 PM
He's too high on Ramirez tho so....

I thought you'd like the guy. I remember you were right on with Brantley near his breakout, and Ramirez is essentially the same player flipping power for speed IMO. Dudes going to K about 8-9% of the time this season man. He's off to a "slow" start but hard to imagine that's even possible to sustain.

Like obviously these numbers mean closer to nothing because of the sample size, but:

12.5% BB% to 6.3% K%? That's nuts. Even flipped that's a really good hitter (6% BB to 12% K%).

He's barely chasing pitches to start the season, his eye is great, his contact skill is great, he has speed, and hit close to 15 last year. I really have no clue why this dude shouldn't be a perennial .310/.365/.450 hitter with 12-18 HRs and 22-25 SBs. That's a stud.

I mean have yo useen my Ramirez facts from 2016? Dude was an absolute stud. I just don't get it. Like don't get me wrong, I prefer Lindor to him and would much prefer to have Lindor, but he was factually better than Lindor last year in about every measurable metric except for raw HR total and Lindor getting more runs, RBIs, and ABs because he bats high in the order. Ramirez had the better Average, he had the better OBP, he had the better SLG, he had the better ISO, going deeper into the advanced type metrics he had the better wRC+ and OPS+ and wOBA and such. Dudes' a stud.

Hulky
04-08-2017, 06:12 PM
I drafted him at 105 too, so it wasn't even a top 100 pick invested.

Spencer 555
04-08-2017, 08:16 PM
I thought you'd like the guy. I remember you were right on with Brantley near his breakout, and Ramirez is essentially the same player flipping power for speed IMO. Dudes going to K about 8-9% of the time this season man. He's off to a "slow" start but hard to imagine that's even possible to sustain.

Like obviously these numbers mean closer to nothing because of the sample size, but:

12.5% BB% to 6.3% K%? That's nuts. Even flipped that's a really good hitter (6% BB to 12% K%).

He's barely chasing pitches to start the season, his eye is great, his contact skill is great, he has speed, and hit close to 15 last year. I really have no clue why this dude shouldn't be a perennial .310/.365/.450 hitter with 12-18 HRs and 22-25 SBs. That's a stud.

I mean have yo useen my Ramirez facts from 2016? Dude was an absolute stud. I just don't get it. Like don't get me wrong, I prefer Lindor to him and would much prefer to have Lindor, but he was factually better than Lindor last year in about every measurable metric except for raw HR total and Lindor getting more runs, RBIs, and ABs because he bats high in the order. Ramirez had the better Average, he had the better OBP, he had the better SLG, he had the better ISO, going deeper into the advanced type metrics he had the better wRC+ and OPS+ and wOBA and such. Dudes' a stud.

Ya I'm just yanking ur chain. I like the dude. I think he's an adjustment away from becoming elite. He and Lemahieu are on the cusp.

Spencer 555
04-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Hey guys interested to hear what u guys think of this trade. It's a dynasty league, head to head categories for the week with pretty odd but fun (for me) stats. My team is not contending, but I'm not exactly in tank mode either because I'm one of the few teams in the league with good halfway decent pitching (very very deep league). I decided I wanted to trade some of my aging pitching depth and a player who I really don't like to a contending team who needs pitching.

I traded hamels and Bruce for Nick Castellanos and Scott Schebler.

Castellanos is pretty established in the league at this point and showed signs of a breakout last year, so I went for him while his value is still fairly low and I think Schebler has some potential to be an everyday guy in the league at some point soon.

Did I give up too much for 2 players who may not pan out? Would you have preferred to go for younger, higher upside prospects who people in dynasty leagues cover and overvalued?

Personally feel like I probably could have gotten more, but I wanted to pull the trigger as early as possible on Castellanos.

Sanosuke
04-10-2017, 07:06 PM
Everyone sucking their own team off after the draft and I'm just over here dropping the most points in the first week.

Gryph
04-10-2017, 11:27 PM
Castellanos is pretty established in the league at this point and showed signs of a breakout last year, so I went for him while his value is still fairly low and I think Schebler has some potential to be an everyday guy in the league at some point soon.

Did I give up too much for 2 players who may not pan out? Would you have preferred to go for younger, higher upside prospects who people in dynasty leagues cover and overvalued?

Personally feel like I probably could have gotten more, but I wanted to pull the trigger as early as possible on Castellanos.

Castellanos is here to stay, and will be for quite some time. Bruce is one knee injury away (again) from being completely useless for the next 3-5 months and Hamels is starting to break. TBQH I'm interested in Schebler, simply because he was a legit 15-20 HR guy who was also a 15-20 Sb, once he got to AAA he just stopped running, which I'm kinda curious about. If it a club thing, health thing, scouting, y'know?

Hulky
04-10-2017, 11:31 PM
Kind of a feelsbad when Nightmarez puts 50+ on you on Monday.

Nightmarez
04-11-2017, 12:23 AM
Hey guys interested to hear what u guys think of this trade. It's a dynasty league, head to head categories for the week with pretty odd but fun (for me) stats. My team is not contending, but I'm not exactly in tank mode either because I'm one of the few teams in the league with good halfway decent pitching (very very deep league). I decided I wanted to trade some of my aging pitching depth and a player who I really don't like to a contending team who needs pitching.

I traded hamels and Bruce for Nick Castellanos and Scott Schebler.

Did you see anything I wrote on Castellanos this year? Very odd, one thing he actually regressed in harshly last year is he became a much WORSE hitter against LHPs and he got absolutely eaten up on breaking balls the dipped underneath his hands. It's been something I've been keeping an eye on to see if he can counter adjust.

Kind of a feelsbad when Nightmarez puts 50+ on you on Monday.

Luckily for you Finnegan had just an awful day. Paxton's one of the most underrated starters in the bigs right now. He's going to be special special if he can reach his potential for 2017.

Spencer 555
04-11-2017, 05:30 AM
Nope. I've only read the Buxton blurb and the sp ranks. You've been hiding from the tao community mr. "Tao"bball. Hahaha. Gonna read some more of ur stuff one of these days. It's really cool to see you getting some online attention though away from our little forum. Make us proud bitch :').

Nightmarez
04-11-2017, 12:49 PM
Nope. I've only read the Buxton blurb and the sp ranks. You've been hiding from the tao community mr. "Tao"bball. Hahaha. Gonna read some more of ur stuff one of these days. It's really cool to see you getting some online attention though away from our little forum. Make us proud bitch :').

Yeah well here's it:

2015: .351 v. LHP w/ 24% Ks.
2016: .207 v. LHP w/ 28.7% Ks

Not a huge boost in the Ks, but where he got really eaten up were those down and in breaking ball breaking underneath his hands. He swung through them all year last year. He's going to need to develop laying off htat pitch, not that i think he can't, just want to see him do it.

Spencer 555
04-11-2017, 04:44 PM
Trend looks to be continuing here in the small 2017 sample. Very very strange lol.

Hulky
04-11-2017, 10:39 PM
Yoenis Cespedes 3 HR 5 RBI, thanks for keeping me competitive

Sanosuke
04-16-2017, 11:38 PM
2-0.

Spencer 555
04-17-2017, 08:03 AM
Sano! *high five*

Blexican
04-18-2017, 04:49 PM
2-0.

Rough losing to you in week 1 when I would have beaten 10 other teams that week.

Sanosuke
04-18-2017, 06:33 PM
Rough losing to you in week 1 when I would have beaten 10 other teams that week.

Yeah I feel ya. Can't say I'm sorry about it though haha.

Blexican
04-18-2017, 08:27 PM
Yeah I feel ya. Can't say I'm sorry about it though haha.

Wins flowing like a slit wrist, no bandage.

We'll revisit that match-up again sometime later this season.

On July 3-16th.

Not that im counting.

Bastard.

Spencer 555
04-19-2017, 09:05 PM
Lookin like someone's gonna be losing a tough one this week too blex

Sanosuke
04-19-2017, 10:28 PM
gryph and I are battling right now lol gonna come down to the wire

Blexican
04-19-2017, 10:45 PM
Lookin like someone's gonna be losing a tough one this week too blex

Im already preparing for my loss. I started strong, but the rest of the week looks grim. Having my first round draft pick out is making things difficult.

Hulky
04-19-2017, 11:03 PM
nobody is posting mad respekts to my team :|

I've had someone absolutely go off everyday for like a week and a half. Today it was Bryce Harper going 4/4 1 HR, 1 more Grand Slam, and an intentional walk. The two non-HRs were doubles.

Yesterday Ramirez: 2/5 2R 12RBI 1HR
Sunday Harper: 3/5 2R 2HR 5RBI
Saturday Ramirez: 4/4 3R 2HR 6RBI
Friday Pence: 3/4 1 R 2 RBI
Thursday Cespedes/Sano Combo: 3/8 4R 3HR 5RBI 5BB
Wednesday Schoop: 2/4 1HR 2RBI
Tuesday Cespedes: 4/6 3R 3 HR 1double 5RBI
Monday Harper: 4/4 2R 3RBI 2BB
Sunday Sano: 2/4 1HR 2RBI

Basically pacing the best teams and my pitching staff has Price, Matz, and Gray on DL (as well as my highly drafted C Sanchez)

I'm also undefeated with the hardest schedule so far of the undefeateds

Sanosuke
04-19-2017, 11:18 PM
Not my fault veil autodrafted and didn't manage his team. Can't put much weight into hardest schedule with 2 weeks of baseball

Hulky
04-19-2017, 11:24 PM
Just saying you guys are hyping the undefeateds and have left my team out of the conversation. My team also has the highest weekly score so far too (overtaking your week 1 score, where week 2 has less SP and batter start limits).

Sanosuke
04-19-2017, 11:32 PM
I'm not really hyping anything. Just said I was 2-0 and gryph and I were going at it. Just excited to actually play this year with finally being in the states

Hulky
04-19-2017, 11:52 PM
more Spencer hating on my team earlier then not including my team in the 2-0 conversation

Sanosuke
04-20-2017, 12:51 AM
spencer is a bum tho so it's ok

Spencer 555
04-20-2017, 08:18 AM
Right in the feels sano, I was just about to say how awesome it is to see u actually updating you're team for once. Now I just hate you again.

Spencer 555
04-20-2017, 08:19 AM
Also, not hating on ur team hulky. Was saying it had the highest upside and most risk.

Sanosuke
04-20-2017, 09:33 AM
Right in the feels sano, I was just about to say how awesome it is to see u actually updating you're team for once. Now I just hate you again.

lol yeah it's fun to actually get to play this year

Hulky
05-01-2017, 11:45 AM
2-0.

Sano! *high five*

Hey Gryph, we are the only two 4-0 ;)

Spencer 555
05-01-2017, 02:34 PM
I just lost to veil who didn't set his lineup all week lol

Hulky
05-01-2017, 04:35 PM
2-0.

Sano! *high five*

#Rendon'd #10RBIgame

Sanosuke
05-01-2017, 09:28 PM
#Rendon'd #10RBIgame

I almost came back this last week after being down a stupid amount of points. My team is too inconsistent to win anything.

Hulky
05-05-2017, 04:54 PM
I think my team is going to bomb out this week next, and maybe the week after so I'm happy I lucked into the 4-0 start. After that I hope to do well with my guys hopefully healthy by then. I'm expecting the bomb out because Harper/Cespedes/Kluber/Price/Matz/Bird injuries. At least I have Gray and Sanchez back?!

Greendaybum5
05-09-2017, 09:55 AM
I think I cost myself 2 early wins by the lineup getting f'd up. and now my team is sucking.

Veilmenacex
05-11-2017, 06:32 AM

dude I was like MIA lol I didnt even set auto draft rankings lol ....

I request a auto draft sympathy donation

so I require something since I was in Jail from Jan 27 to May 8 2017

I would accept these players

Noah Syndergaard
Mookie Betts
Jose Altuve
Jacob DeGrom
Danny Salazar
David Price
Gerrit Cole
Chris Archer
Dallas Keuchel
Kris Bryant
Matt Carpenter

Gryph
05-11-2017, 11:38 AM
I don't mind trading you, but I'm not giving up an ace for a poo-tier player.

Veilmenacex
05-11-2017, 01:10 PM
i am going to prove to spencer that he makes excuses too much

i didnt even preset my autodraft rankings

nor was i present for the draft

i am going to beat him at his own game and he is going to cry and complain

Veilmenacex
05-11-2017, 01:16 PM
I don't mind trading you, but I'm not giving up an ace for a poo-tier player.

i was kidding about that donation lol

i was just pointing out how handicapped i am going into this season i missed first 6 games of managing

i wasnt present for the draft

i didnt even preset my autodraft

Veilmenacex
05-11-2017, 01:32 PM
sano and blex seriously tho who do u want?

I am looking at

Michael Wacha

and

Noah Syndergaard

long and hard

Veilmenacex
05-12-2017, 09:04 PM
Gypsy starting pitcher Jason Vargas was a great pick

Hulky
05-13-2017, 05:16 PM
If my team was a real team I think my daily lineup would be

1. Dee Gordon, 2B/SS
2. Gary Sanchez, C
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4. Bryce Harper, RF
5. Jose Ramirez, 2B/LF
6. Yoenis Cespedes, CF
7. Miguel Sano, 3B
8. Kyle Schwarber, LF/ DH/C
9. Troy Tulowitzki, SS

Bullpen: Matt Moore
Bullpen: Zach Wheeler
Long Reliever: Addison Reed
Set Up Reliever: Edwin Diaz
Closer: Arlodis Chapman

Pitching Rotation
1: Corey Klubber
2: Stephen Strasburg
3: Sonny Gray
4: Adam Wainwright
5: Jordan Zimmermann

and call up top prospects Blake Snell and Greg Bird when needed

Spencer 555
05-14-2017, 12:24 AM
I would probably have Harper in the 2 spot, miggy 3, Sano 4, Cespedes 5, Ramirez 6, Sanchez 7, Schwarber 8, Tulo 9.

Veilmenacex
05-14-2017, 01:42 PM
drop bird put yoesnis on the DL then pick up that guy Gryph dropped

Veilmenacex
05-14-2017, 01:42 PM
I would probably have Harper in the 2 spot, miggy 3, Sano 4, Cespedes 5, Ramirez 6, Sanchez 7, Schwarber 8, Tulo 9.

Oh the batting line up then Harper in 3 for sure miggy clean up Cespedes can go 2 sano at 5 rest doesnt really matter

ace should be strasburg not kluber

Greendaybum5
05-14-2017, 02:58 PM
What's going on with espn app. This is third time this season my lineup didn't save. This is shit.

Sanosuke
05-14-2017, 07:47 PM
Gypsy starting pitcher Jason Vargas was a great pick

stop fucking trying to trade me guys off FA like Jed Lowrie

Greendaybum5
05-14-2017, 09:39 PM
Yea this is bull shit. It's gonna cost me the game this week. I'm done with ESPN leagues. My yahoo app never has an issue.

Sanosuke
05-15-2017, 04:33 AM
you could always pull up espn on your mobile browser....

Spencer 555
05-15-2017, 09:53 AM
Ya I find the browser works better too

Veilmenacex
05-15-2017, 09:14 PM
That was to get your attention Sano... tell me who are you looking for on my team and who are you you willing to give up for a even trade?

Sanosuke
05-16-2017, 12:59 AM
you don't have anyone i want

Greendaybum5
05-16-2017, 10:27 AM
you could always pull up espn on your mobile browser....

what's the point of the app if it doesn't work. the Donald's son got a cheap win.

I change the lineup I can see it saved then I log in later to see the score and scherzer's just chilling on the bench.

Spencer 555
05-16-2017, 02:00 PM
I dunno, u tell me lol. I've always hated the layout of the ESPN app :p

Sanosuke
05-16-2017, 03:54 PM
I have no issues with it. But I typically set my lineup for the week every Sunday night and adjust as I have to

Veilmenacex
05-17-2017, 12:40 PM
I made this league

http://games.espn.com/flb/leagueoffice?leagueId=244190&seasonId=2017

Hulky
05-29-2017, 08:37 PM
I won last night against Sano strictly because Jon Lester was started and went negative. If he was on the bench Sano wins. Fucking crazy luck to have an ace do that.

Veilmenacex
05-30-2017, 05:15 AM
OK spencer is going to make a rankings chart of the teams and I would like to start off by making best pick each round based off value meaning the later the guy goes in the round yet performing equal or greater to guys going earlier they hold a greater value than those that went earlier

Round 1
Hulky
Bruce harper

Close runner up
Nightmarez
Paul goldie

Round 2
Nightmarez
Chris sale

Runner up
Blexican
Noah syndergaard

Round 3
Matt roe
Daniel Murphy

Round 4
Hulky
Stephen Strasburg

Round 5
Joseph mist
Mark melancon

Runner up
Sanosuke
Kenley Jensen

Round 6
Thunder
Wade Davis

Round 7
Matt roe
Jean Segura

Round 8
Gryph
Craig kimbrel

Round 9
I'malive
Michael Fulmer

Runner up
Hulky
Miguel Sano

Round 10
Philly
Cody Allen

Round 11
Spencer 555
Lance McCullers Jr.

Round 12
Spencer 555
Jake Lamb

Round 13
Thunder
Starlin Castro

Runner up
Spencer 555
Marco Estrada

Round 14
Blexican
Robbie Ray

Round 15
Matt Roe
Jim Johnson

Round 16
Philly
Eric Thames

Round 17
Gryph
Michael Conforto

Round 18
Gryph
Grég Holland

Round 19
Spencer
Koda klover

Round 20
Sanosuke
Michael Wacha

Round 21
Thunder
César Hernandez

Round 22
Gryph
Aaron Judge

P.S. you wish you didn't drop him huh Gryph

Gryph
05-30-2017, 02:40 PM
I didn't really care honestly. He was striking out 70% of the time the first week and I had Conforto, Benintendi, and Trout. For the last pick, It didn't bother me at all.

Spencer 555
05-30-2017, 03:05 PM
He's going to regress anyways. Dude can't be this good all year after struggling in aaa last year. Don't get me wrong, I like judge more then Gary Sanchez (long term) and think he has legit star potential, but you don't see year over year improvements this big very often. It's quite ridiculous.

Veilmenacex
05-31-2017, 09:14 PM
I didn't really care honestly. He was striking out 70% of the time the first week and I had Conforto, Benintendi, and Trout. For the last pick, It didn't bother me at all.

To drop a sleeper pick like that

Veilmenacex
05-31-2017, 09:18 PM
I think this year's draft there were a lot of up and downs some good picks that were really good in value and some that weren't so good

Hulky
05-31-2017, 09:51 PM
There's not too many missed draft picks outside of injury though

Gryph
05-31-2017, 09:59 PM
To drop a sleeper pick like that

How bout you play for a whole season first instead of sitting there tossing shade?

Spencer 555
06-01-2017, 09:32 AM
He wasn't even really a sleeper. Don't think anyone other then Yankee fans were drafting him in the top 300

Hulky
06-03-2017, 03:27 PM
1B: Miguel Cabrera
2B: Dee Gordon // Jose Ramirez
3B: Miguel Sano // Jose Ramirez
SS: Troy Tulowitzki
OF: Bryce Harper
OF: Yoenis Cespedes
OF: Starling Marte
UTIL: Jose Ramirez, Kyle Schwarber, Ian Desmond

SP: Corey Kluber
SP: Stephen Strasburg
SP: Adam Wainwright
RP: Aroldis Chapman
RP: Addison Reed

My team is insane if injuries stave off for playoffs.
Round 1: Bryce Harper, Miguel Cabrera
Round 2: Corey Kluber, Starling Marte
Round 3: Yoenis Cespedes
Round 4: Stephen Strasburg
Round 5: Aroldis Chapman, Dee Gordon
Round 6: Gary Sanchez, Kyle Schwarber
Round 7: Edwin Diaz
Round 8: Jose Ramirez
Round 9: Miguel Sano, Troy Tulowitzki
Round 10: Steven Matz

Spencer 555
06-03-2017, 06:15 PM
Round value at this point means nothing. Still pretty cool u snagged a few guys drafted early like that tho. Can speak to Gordon being auto drafted, but the other guys were pretty unacceptably dropped lol.

Hulky
06-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Round value doesn't matter at this point, but I drafted well enough to stay competitive keeping my first 10 draft picks while moving my bottom 10 (keeping some like Diaz and Reed) into Cabrera, Gordon, Schwarber, Tulo, Desmond and Marte. I'd sign up for that if I could offer myself that deal on draft day. Even with Marte being suspended (but comes back mid-Julyish) and the others struggling thats a pretty fucking blue chip team.

Greendaybum5
06-05-2017, 09:13 AM
i suck at this league lol

Spencer 555
06-05-2017, 10:23 AM
I'm the best

Veilmenacex
06-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Should keeper rule implented in season 1 or start from 2

Blexican
06-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Gryph. Fuck. Off.

a 77 point day on the tenth? No problem, ill catch up sunday.

Then while you're over the pitcher limit you get points for a save and that pushes you over to win the week. Im so tilted.

Gryph
06-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Gryph. Fuck. Off.

a 77 point day on the tenth? No problem, ill catch up sunday.

Then while you're over the pitcher limit you get points for a save and that pushes you over to win the week. Im so tilted.

one must use all means to accrue victory amongst his rivals.

Hulky
06-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Your friend merk'd me with that Aaron Judge day lol, at least it's not the playoffs yet

Gryph
06-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Your friend merk'd me with that Aaron Judge day lol, at least it's not the playoffs yet

His team makes me angry. Lowest scored against, all he does is hit home runs, has literally zero pitching with the exception of Chase and MadBum, and half his wins are against people who haven't played.

Veilmenacex
06-12-2017, 05:46 PM

what day was Aaron Judge day?

Spencer 555
06-12-2017, 05:53 PM
The day he went 4/4 with 2 bombs lol

Veilmenacex
06-12-2017, 05:54 PM
which day was that?

Veilmenacex
06-12-2017, 05:57 PM
"He hit a line drive to right field," said Yankees manager Joe Girardi. "It was just a line drive. Most guys, they're hoping it gets in the gap. It just went out. I mean, his power is incredible."

Hulky
06-12-2017, 07:19 PM
It was Sunday, yesterday lol

Spencer 555
06-14-2017, 08:04 AM
So we've officially reached the halfway point in the season so I wanted to create a power rankings for a little fun. Enjoy.

Rank 1: Gryph 9-1

Gryph is hands down the best team in the league right now. Best record in the league and most point scored, gryph has a solid rotation, good hitting and good relief arms. The scariest thing about his team is that it would be even more dominant had he not dropped Aaron Judge and other notable players that I can't recall. This is becoming a real trend in the league seeing gryph at the top so kudos to you buddy, you're the best manager hands down in my eyes.

Rank 2: Veil 6-4

Perhaps a bit controversial, but veil missed the first half of the year and auto drafted his team and still has the 3rd highest points total in the league. Veil managed to build his team with key waiver wire pickups in Aaron Hicks, Justin Smoak and Ivan Nova who I think are all having legit breakout seasons, and he made some excellent trades to bolster his rotation (he paid the price to get price, but it's worked out so far). It would be scary to see what this team would look like had he gotten a chance to actually draft it...

Rank 3: Hulky 7-3

Finally looking healthy, hulky has the 4th highest points total in the league despite many key injuries and suspensions. I said preseason that hulky may have the highest potential of all the teams in the draft, and he's just hitting his stride. Harper has regressed back to his 2015 self (a very good thing) and Miguel Sano continues to develop as the monster I believed he would be coming into the 2016 season. On top of his scary offense, hulky's pitching is solid too. Probably my favourite team in the league on paper.

Rank 4: Me! 6-4

Despite my general lack of managing my team properly and not being as on the ball as I am in terms of waiver wire pickups, I feel that I drafted a team that has the ability to win the league. With Kershaw rounding into form, I've had arguably the best pitching staff in the league and one of the top 5 or 6 offenses as well. With the second highest point total in the league, I am hopeful I can perform better week to week moving forward after I inevitably lose to gryph and his power house lolol.

Rank 5: Mistretta 9-1

Despite having the 6th highest total points scored in the league and a pretty terrible rotation with bumgarner down, mistretta just keeps winning. The record is better then the talent on this team, but the magic should fade as judge fades this summer and pitchers start adjusting to him. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but I really just don't see this team as a championship contender without bumgarner, but luckily for him... bumgarner might be back as the playoffs start!

Rank 6: Ima 7-3

The seemingly always underrated ima comes into these rankings with a better record then what his total point shows. Currently ranked at 7th in total points scored, his team has overperformed. That being said, with key injuries to Dallas keuchel and Freddie Freeman, it's a testament to his depth that he has been able to remain afloat. Fully healthy, I believe ima has a chance to repeat as league champ, but I believe the top 4 teams on this list are in a tier slightly above this one.

Rank 7: Dino 4-6

With one of the best rotations in the in the league, Dino has been able to put up some big points this year and that is reflected in his top 5 scoring output overall. But unfortunately, some bad luck has lead to a 4-6 record. I would say he has a good chance at turning things around and making the playoffs, but I don't think he has much of a chance at a championship this year.

Rank 8: Blex 5-5

Blex started out the year pretty strong, but a massive injury to his most important player Noah Syndergaard has led to a pretty mediocre record. If he continues to tread water into the playoffs and syndergaard comes back, this is a team that could upset someone, but with Philly, Dino and Sano not far behind, he should have a difficult time making the playoffs without his ace. Similar boat to mistretta, but not the same luck.

Rank 9: Sano 4-6

Sano's team has struggled this year coming together and playing consistently. One of the better teams on paper coming into the season, I thought, it just hasn't picked up the pace yet. I believe Sano will surpass someone and move into the 6th spot by the time the playoffs roll around.

Rank 10: Philly 3-7

Perhaps a bit underrated as well, Philly has a pretty balanced team. With Scherzer anchoring his pitching and his offense being fueled by Rizzo and a few breakout studs, you would expect this team to contend for a playoff spot at least. If Philly can turn things around soon, he should be able to make the playoffs and maybe pull off an upset.

Rank 11: Thunder 4-6

Pretty similar situation to Philly and Sano, but with a bit less talent on the roster imo. Thunder could easily run into some luck in the next couple weeks and go on a run of his own. Teheran, Arrieta and Darvish have been pretty disappointing (less so darvish)

Rank 12 13 14: not really worth mentioning.

Maverik
06-14-2017, 08:15 AM
are you in the bottom 3?

Hulky
06-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Team Catcher 1st Baseman 2nd Baseman 3rd Baseman Short Stop Outfield Outfield Outfield Utility Daily Batting Total Multiplier Weekly Batting Total Starting Pitcher Starting Pitcher Starting Pitcher Starting Pitcher Starting Pitcher Relief Pitcher Relief Pitcher Relief Pitcher
Total

All Rise | Mistretta 1.9 2.0 2.2 2.3 2.6 3.5 2.4 1.8 3.2 21.9 7 153.3 8.2 6.7 5.8 9.4 8.3 3.7 3.6 3.3 202.3
No Ship | Gryph 1.3 2.0 2.5 2.3 2.2 3.5 2.7 2.3 2.4 21.2 7 148.4 6.0 10.9 9.3 9.2 8.3 5.4 5.4 2.4 205.3
KingKoji | Imalive 2.0 1.8 1.9 2.0 2.0 2.2 2.5 2.1 2.2 18.7 7 130.9 7.6 4.8 7.1 5.7 8.2 2.32.8 2.8 172.2
Bryce | Hulky 2.7 1.9 1.6 2.7 1.4 3.3 2.7 1.7 2.1 20.1 7 140.7 11.3 9.9 7.3 5.1 9.5 3.6 3.0 2.8 193.2
VicSec | Veil 2.1 2.5 2.0 2.9 2.3 2.7 2.7 2.8 2.4 22.4 7 156.8 11.0 8.8 7.9 7.4 6.4 3.9 3.7 0 205.9
Eddy’s | Spencer 2.2 1.9 2.3 2.1 1.5 2.6 3.2 2.4 2.6 20.8 7 145.6 12.8 10.6 7.6 7.0 7.7 2.7 2.1 3.6 199.7
Donald | Blex 2.2 2.1 2.1 2.7 2.2 2.2 1.9 3.2 2.0 20.6 7 144.2 12.2 10.6 6.8 6.7 6.1 2.3 2.3 2.6 193.8
Moneyball | Dino 1.4 2.0 2.4 1.9 2.6 3.1 2.5 2.1 2.7 20.7 7 144.9 10.4 10.7 8.5 6.9 6.6 3.4 2.7 0 194.1
Bandits | Sano 1.6 2.4 2.3 2.6 2.3 2.3 2.0 2.1 2.7 20.3 7 142.1 10.0 7.4 7.7 6.2 5.7 4.5 2 0 185.6
Thunder 1.7 2.2 2.6 2.6 1.7 2.4 2.0 1.9 2.6 19.7 7 137.9 9.6 9.8 8.9 8.1 7.1 4.3 3.8 3.2 192.7
Philly 1.5 2.7 1.9 1.9 1.6 1.9 2.6 3.0 2.1 19.2 7 134.4 14.4 9.3 5.7 6.6 3.5 3.9 2.8 3.4 184
Royal | Gypsy 1.6 1.9 2.3 1.9 2.1 1.8 1.8 2.5 2.5 18.4 7 128.8 9.6 7.5 7.8 5.6 5.0 2.2 3.8 2 172.3
Excelz 1.5 3.1 2.8 1.6 2.2 2.5 1.5 2.6 2.5 20.3 7 142.1 9.0 8.5 5.1 4 4 3.3 2 0 178
Heaters | Nightmarez 2.5 3.2 1.7 1.8 1.6 2.6 2.4 2.0 2.0 19.8 7 138.6 14.2 10.0 7.2 6.5 6.2 2.1 3.0 0 187.8

So that is:
01. Veil (+1 from Spencers ranking) 205.9 score
02. Gryph (-1 from Spencers ranking) 205.3 score
03. Mist (+2 from Spencers ranking) 202.3 score
04. Spencer (0 from Spencers ranking) 199.7 score
05. Dino (+2 from Spencers ranking) 194.1 score
06. Blex (+2 from Spencers ranking) 193.8 score
07. Hulky (-4 from Spencers ranking) 193.2 score
08. Thunder (+3 from Spencers ranking) 192.7 score
09. Nightmarez (Unranked from Spencers ranking) 187.8 score
10. Sano (-1 from Spencers ranking) 185.6 score
11. Philly (-1 from Spencers ranking) 184 score
12. Excelz (Unranked from Spencers ranking) 178 score
13. Gypsy (Unranked from Spencers ranking) 172.3 score
14. Imalive (-8 from Spencers ranking) 172.2 score

The top four teams, if managed equally well, are about a single home run apart weekly. The top 11 teams are about one pretty good SP start apart from one another. The bottom three teams are capable of upsets, but not really doing hot. This obviously is based on players past performance this year, so if your slumping 1B that has a 1.7 average hits 3.0 the rest of the year thats a 2.3 increase multiplied by 7, so a 16.1 increase in the score (enough to close the gap from 11 to top 3 territory, if all other factors remain the same). Same is true in reverse.

My team suffers in this metric with two of the worst non-catcher starting batters in Dee Gordon and Troy Tulowitzky (which is really strange to say two years ago lol). They are 1.6 and 1.4 respectively and if they were fairly league average 2.0's that would be a 1.0 increase multiplied by 7 which would put my score to 200.8, 4th overall from 7th. I'm sure everyone has stuff like that, but if we did an "expected" or analytical version of a daily average for each player that is a starter and is either too high or too low (witzky) we could input those changes to make a pretty dope list.

Veilmenacex
06-15-2017, 11:56 AM
Just draft Aaron judge next year hulky

Sanosuke
06-15-2017, 01:31 PM
Really salty about how underwhelming my pitching has been. I also lost a game to mistretta by bullshit. W/e. Have had top of my best 3 pitchers have DL stints in Hill and Tallion.

Greendaybum5
06-15-2017, 01:57 PM
when is cole hamels coming backkkkkkkk

Blexican
06-16-2017, 12:22 PM
Rank 8: Blex 5-5

Blex started out the year pretty strong, but a massive injury to his most important player Noah Syndergaard has led to a pretty mediocre record. If he continues to tread water into the playoffs and syndergaard comes back, this is a team that could upset someone, but with Philly, Dino and Sano not far behind, he should have a difficult time making the playoffs without his ace. Similar boat to mistretta, but not the same luck.

Solid work spencer, I like it.

You forgot to mention my first round pick (Josh Donaldson) has also been out for about 80% of the season so far. Ive been playing without my 1st and 2nd round picks for the majority of the season.

Veilmenacex
06-16-2017, 03:27 PM
I seriously love Blexican and Manon's drafts back when he used to play.

Veilmenacex
06-16-2017, 03:53 PM
If we go by drafting skill alone then Blexican wins but with managing skill throw in there then...

Spencer 555
06-16-2017, 05:16 PM
Solid work spencer, I like it.

You forgot to mention my first round pick (Josh Donaldson) has also been out for about 80% of the season so far. Ive been playing without my 1st and 2nd round picks for the majority of the season.

Donaldson may be you're best player, but I felt like losing Noah was the more glaring hole just because of the replacement level. It's harder to replace the production of an ace in this league then any other position imo.

Blexican
06-16-2017, 06:00 PM
Donaldson may be you're best player, but I felt like losing Noah was the more glaring hole just because of the replacement level. It's harder to replace the production of an ace in this league then any other position imo.

Valid.

If we go by drafting skill alone then Blexican wins but with managing skill throw in there then...

I've done my best to plug holes. Picking up Severino early is probably why im not at the bottom of my division. Picking up Justin Wilson pre closer role was big.

Veilmenacex
06-17-2017, 12:23 PM
Why was the trade with mistretta veto. I gave up plenty for Aaron Judge.

Hulky
06-17-2017, 12:27 PM
it's probably more like Springer + SP than Springer+Rendon+Grienke+Price. Springer is the 7th highest OF, Rendon the 6th 3B, Grienke the 6th SP, and Price was hurt but has demonstrated 15 point game already so he should be valued as like SP 10-25 prolly.

That's a lot for OF1. Your team still looks good with batters with the trade, but you lose almost all your pitching, while Mistretta is a massive favorite to win the league with the trade.

C: Evan Gattis (1.8)
1B: Eric Hosmer (1.9)
2B: Matt Carpenter (2.3)
3B: Anthony Rendon (2.5)
SS: Carlos Correa (2.6)
OF: George Springer (2.7)
OF: Michael Brantley (2.0)
OF: Marwin Gonzalez (2.4)
UTIL: Ryan Zimmerman (3.1)
SP: Zach Grienke (11)
SP: David Price (5.9)
SP: Madison Bumgarner (9.4)
SP: Mike Leake (7.3)
SP: Jake Odorizzi (6.1)
SP: JA Happ (5.8)
RP: Seung-Hwan Oh (3.1)
RP: Corey Knebel (3.6)
RP: Mark Melancon (3.1)

that's 149.1 batting + 55.3 pitching = 204.4 which would make him the #2 team after Gryph.

C: Salvador Perez (2.1)
1B: Justin Smoak (2.5)
2B: Jed Lowrie (2.1)
3B: Jake Lamb (2.9)
SS: Corey Seager (2.2)
OF: Aaron Judge (3.5)
OF: Corey Dickerson (2.6)
OF: Aaron Hicks (2.7)
UTIL: Mitch Moreland (2.1)
SP: Gio Gonzalez (9.0)
SP: Ivan Nova (7.9)
SP: Charlie Morton (7.5)
SP: Jordan Montgomery (7.1)
SP: Jaime Garcia (6.4)
SP: Kyle Freeland (5.8)
RP: Roberto Osuna (4.0)
RP: Dellin Betances (3.8)
RP:

158.9 batting + 51.5 = 210.4

So you actually would be the top team. I wouldn't veto personally, but it's definitely a not traditional trade because it seems super lopsided to Mist. If your guys stay hot though and you manage pitching you -might- win the trade, but it's super risky. Basically I think the veto comes from how low risk it is for Mist and how it enhances his team to pretty insanely elite levels. He gets 3 upgrades for going from currently the best OF to currently the 7th best OF. So his hit is very minimal.

He loses .8 per game on the fall from Judge to Springer. Gains .7 daily on Drury to Rendon, and gets +11 weekly from Grienke and +5.9 weekly from Price. Basically forgeting replacement level Mist is gaining almost 17 points a week for diversifying his risk among 4 superstars instead of one.

I think Springer + SP is way closer, but I don't think the 4 for 1 is absolutely as bad as it looks. The trade makes you like quadruple down on players keeping up hot starts.

Veilmenacex
06-17-2017, 12:53 PM
I'm just super hyped over Aaron Judge. I am all in on him and his bandwagon.

Spencer 555
06-17-2017, 02:19 PM
Ya agreed, wasn't too crazy. Shouldn't have vetoed tbh. Though I do agree mistretta probably becomes the best team in the league by far.

Veilmenacex
06-17-2017, 04:21 PM
Yo spencer told me Judge surpassed Mickey Mantle numbers in 2 months so I went all in.

Blexican
06-17-2017, 04:25 PM
Ya agreed, wasn't too crazy. Shouldn't have vetoed tbh. Though I do agree mistretta probably becomes the best team in the league by far.

It was crazy. I agree with the veto.

Spencer 555
06-17-2017, 07:16 PM
Veil I wouldn't trade what u did for Mickey mantle.

Spencer 555
06-17-2017, 07:18 PM
Yo spencer told me Judge surpassed Mickey Mantle numbers in 2 months so I went all in.

The point of me saying that and context were that it would be impossible for him to maintain the numbers he's putting up because he's not Mickey mantle. Lol

Gryph
06-19-2017, 02:17 AM
You're giving 4 players for Judge? 3 of them top 5 at each position? Fuck outta here, I'll admin control that shit in a complete lopsided trade. And anyone who sits here and tries to argue it are stupid. Keep doing dumb shit I'll just roster lock the god damn team and leave it at that.

Spencer 555
06-19-2017, 06:53 PM
Can't believe I lost to you because of buck farmer -_-

Hulky
06-19-2017, 11:37 PM
Corey Kluber served me up his second CG SO of the year pretty awesome way to start the week off

Hulky
06-20-2017, 10:24 PM
... annnnnd Sonny Gray's meltdown is negating the fantastic game by Kluber

edit: At least he played much better after I posted lol. Was 0.2 IN 5 ER on 5 H 2 BB 0 K when I posted and he made it 5 innings 5 K 5 ER and the score is 5-3. So there's a chance he doesn't even get hit with the L. Was approaching -10+ territory, now -3 is like worst case scenario and -0.9 is possible.

Greendaybum5
06-21-2017, 01:55 PM
Scherzer with a no-no thru 6 and he's on my bench. Meh I updated my Yahoo leagues this morning but forgot to check ESPN.

Gryph
06-21-2017, 03:29 PM
Trading Kimbrel or Holland for SP if anyone wants to deal fyi

Hulky
06-29-2017, 02:31 PM
Willing to do a signed baseball from a player from the fantasy championship team to the champ as a trophy. Won't be a 100% stud because they are wicked expensive, but some dude that overperformed this year and was contributing to your team could be cool.

Spencer 555
06-29-2017, 02:54 PM
Awesome Hulky. we should all pitch in a few bucks.

Hulky
06-29-2017, 03:08 PM
When I did it in football the champ declined and we stopped trying, so shouldn't pitch in or get one or whatever until it's clear the champ is willing to accept

Veilmenacex
06-29-2017, 03:52 PM
Jake lamb

Gryph
06-29-2017, 04:53 PM
I'd take a Eugenio or a Manaea

Spencer 555
06-29-2017, 06:21 PM
Alex Avila >.>

Veilmenacex
07-08-2017, 08:02 PM
freaking serious Gryph never drop Aaron Judge because the Judge has laid out the sentencing with his Gabble. Home Runs for the Yankees. All Rise for his Honor Aaron Judge. The Judge the Jury the Law Clerk The Lawyers. You may be seated after he hits 30 to 40 more home runs after all star break.

Man this guy is a beast.

Gryph next season if I get first overall pick it goes to Aaron Judge man not Trout or Harper. Aaron Judge he has earned it after this performance. Veil's number 1 overall pick.

Gryph
07-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Thanks for your fantasy insight.

Veilmenacex
07-09-2017, 12:34 PM
You are very welcome I am not making fun of you BTW just pissed you let that future hall of fame opportunity slip by you.

Hulky
07-14-2017, 11:20 PM
Willing to trade Bryce Harper, Yoenis Cespedes, Jose Ramirez, Starling Marte, Domingo Santana or Dee Gordon for a pitcher. Harper, Ramirez, or Cespedes would need to be a really good pitcher. Marte or Santana for an average starter, and Gordon just about anyone rosterable (like above waiver wire/spot start level).

I have one too many good OF, but if I move Gordon I can rotate Ramirez back to 2B. I'd rather have the depth be a contributing SP. Would consider a RP/SP relief pitcher that can generate wins and holds after overloaded pitcher weeks for Gordon or Marte.

Greendaybum5
07-17-2017, 11:31 AM
my players are available for cash considerations. I accept Venmo, Google Wallet, Square, Wire Transfer, Cash and Credit Card(through venmo)

Hulky
07-17-2017, 11:53 AM
I lost a close one to Veil. We were the only two to go over the 300 mark.

Flash back to last night. Yankees at Red Sox. Inning 7.
I'm down against Veil. I have Gary Sanchez, he has David Price. I traded him Price earlier in the year.

Gary Sanchez is at bat and 0/3 with a strike out. I needed Ellsbury to single and Sanchez to HR, because a solo HR wouldn't do it. Sanchez needed to just get on base at this point and Judge needed to Home Run, because I needed the -2 for Price for two earned runs, which would make the game 3-2 Sox and bench Price in the 7th. Judge gets to bat and belts a home run. I can win, I also have Chapman if the Yankees can Save. Judge's HR will give me +1 for Sanchez's run, and Price -2 for two earned runs. It would also threaten to remove Price's W points.

The ball is going deep and center. It's gone.
Then Jackie Bradley Jr. hippity hopped up and fucking snatched my dreams out of the air stealing the HR out of the stands. Price shuts out the 7th, and continues to shut out through the 8th. Game over. Kimbrel closes out the back end of the Yanks order and Sanchez never gets another at bat for some miracle grand slam type. It's over. :infinitesadness:.

Veilmenacex
07-20-2017, 08:31 PM
Holland is a rp

Hulky
07-21-2017, 12:56 AM
Yeah, Martinez was the top 15 pitcher I traded for. Then the upgrade from Reed to Holland balanced the trade out.

Now my team is:

1B: Miguel Cabrera
2B: Dee Gordon
3B: Miguel Sano, OF elig
SS: Jonathan Villar, 2b/3b elig
OF: Jose Ramirez, 2b/3b elig
OF: AJ Pollack
OF: Starling Marte
UTIL: Domingo Santana
BEN: Yoan Moncada, 3B and will be 2B elig. Just called up. Rostered because Gordon/Ramirez/Sano are my versatile spots. With Moncada I can make better rotations and not have the guys locked in.
BEN: Amed Rosario, Mets top prospect and a SS. Likely call up at some point and Jonathan Villar insurance.

RP: Greg Holland, top 5 closer
RP: Aroldis Chapman, likely top 5 closer when healthy
RP: Edwin Diaz, top talent for strike outs/young upside closer
RP:Chris Devenski, SP eligible allows me to start 4 RP after SP overload.
SP: Corey Kluber, Ace 2.86 ERA
SP: Stephen Strasburg, Ace 3.31 ERA
SP: Carlos Martinez, Ace 3.36 ERA
SP: Sonny Gray, Rotation 3.36 ERA
SP: Steven Matz, Rotation 4.58 ERA
SP: Adam Wainwright, Rotation 5.08 ERA
SP: Danny Salazar, Rotation 5.40 ERA

Spencer 555
07-21-2017, 08:49 AM
Is niice

Veilmenacex
07-21-2017, 08:53 AM
You lost in offense tho by a lot.

Veilmenacex
07-21-2017, 08:55 AM
Damn gryphs team look scary to face off against harper and trout.

Hulky
07-21-2017, 02:00 PM
My team is the highest scoring team this season without leading in a single offensive category though. My team is just well balanced good.

Veilmenacex
07-21-2017, 05:51 PM
Gryph won that trade by a lot and he's favorite to win it all again this year.

Hulky
07-21-2017, 06:13 PM
my trades were wicked fair

I lose like 7 points a week from downgrading from Harper to Marte/Pollack/Ramirez, but gain a top 15 SP and top 5 RP. Writing my team off seems kinda ill prepared

Veilmenacex
07-21-2017, 09:23 PM
Hulky you don't know baseball trout and harper are the 2 best players in MLB.

Veilmenacex
07-21-2017, 09:24 PM
Thus the world.

Greendaybum5
07-24-2017, 10:59 AM
aside from 2 weeks of missing bench players/1 week of app screwing me, i don't get my team is so bad lol

Sanosuke
07-24-2017, 01:14 PM
Gotta watch FA. I got Chris Taylor, Mancini, and some others off FA.

Spencer 555
07-24-2017, 03:46 PM
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/travis-sawchik-fangraphs-chat-26/

In this article they compared Sanchez' throwing hand to wet toilet paper in term of toughness. I like our comparison better.

Gryph
07-24-2017, 05:07 PM
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/travis-sawchik-fangraphs-chat-26/

In this article they compared Sanchez' throwing hand to wet toilet paper in term of toughness. I like our comparison better.

Maybe if they do something in the offseason like chopping wood or being a fucking man they'd get some calluses. (I'm sorry, I'm not going down this rabbit hole again lol)

Spencer 555
07-24-2017, 05:18 PM
I'm down it permanently.

Sanosuke
07-24-2017, 06:08 PM
Man if only Clayton Kershaw did manly things in the gym.

Man if only Stevie Straus beat his meat more.

Spencer 555
07-24-2017, 06:23 PM
All real men have back pain sano. I have back pain all the time.

Spencer 555
07-24-2017, 06:26 PM
>.>

Sanosuke
07-25-2017, 10:08 PM
shoutouts to veil being a moron and dropping Gio. Waivers pickups too strong

Spencer 555
07-25-2017, 11:23 PM
O.o

*watches as gio falls apart in the second half*

Hulky
07-26-2017, 11:34 AM
that was basically the worst move of the year given I was shopping Bryce Harper for top 15 SP packages the last few weeks.

Spencer 555
07-26-2017, 12:10 PM
I would bet gio collapses by years end and has a 5era the rest of the way.

Spencer 555
07-26-2017, 12:12 PM
He was a better pitcher last year looking at his peripheral numbers and he had a 4.57 era.

Hulky
07-26-2017, 12:47 PM
he cut him and didnt even pick someone up
I dont get the justification

Spencer 555
07-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Stay tuned I guess lol

Hulky
07-26-2017, 01:32 PM
He has enough wins to make the playoffs. Me, you, Gryph, Mist, Sano, Ima and Veil are essentially playoff locks with one other team that makes it.

September 4-10 is playoff week 1.
I have Martinez and/or Wainwright v. San Diego/Pirates, Strasburg v. Miami/Phillies, Kluber and/or Salazar v. CWS, Gray v. Angels, and Matz v Phillies/Reds.

Preparing for that week should basically be the sole focus of any of our 7 teams. Some hypothetical future slump and securing nothing in return is kinda impossible to argue as anything other than awful given that top 20 pitcher is facing either the Phillies or Marlins that week. That's probably a 15 point start if it's against the Phillies that he just threw away, and any month long August slump if it were to happen would have no bearing on him making the playoffs.

Spencer 555
07-26-2017, 03:38 PM
I'm not justifying it, I just don't think gio is any better then dinelson lamet for example.

Sanosuke
07-26-2017, 06:44 PM
Whether Gio will maintain his performance or not is irrelevant imo because he has a high powered offense behind him to help secure wins, which is all I really care about.

Spencer 555
07-26-2017, 07:50 PM
Ya I'm not gonna argue that haha. Or even argue for a regression. I don't get against vets pitchers who've proven it unless there's a clear skill deteriation.

I guess what I'm saying for gio is that regression is certainly coming, but he's certainly capable of some quality games in the playoffs. Good pickup by sano.

Spencer 555
07-26-2017, 10:35 PM
Judge had a human July and looks like he's slowing down.

Hulky
07-31-2017, 09:02 PM
Stay tuned I guess lol

Gio currently throwing a NHer in the 8th with 2 outs lol

Sanosuke
07-31-2017, 10:33 PM
O.o

*watches as gio falls apart in the second half*

2smart4me

Spencer 555
07-31-2017, 11:23 PM
Not too late for a breakdown sano :p.

Hulky
07-31-2017, 11:27 PM
Just like to point out that one team that has scored >3000 points so far. No other team has at least 3k for or against.

Oh it's my playoff bound team, and we put up another 35+ today.
:D

Spencer 555
08-01-2017, 08:21 AM
Lol nice hulky :p

Hulky
08-02-2017, 01:01 PM
When you see a group of harsh matchups and bench much of your stud lineup
Jose Ramirez v. Chris Sale
Domingo Santana v. Carlos Martinez
Eduardo Nunez v. Carlos Carrasco
AJ Pollack v. Jon Lester
Dee Gordon v. Max Scherzer

10/23 7 runs 6 singles 4 doubles 6 RBI 3 Strike Outs 1 Stolen Base

oops

Veilmenacex
08-02-2017, 03:36 PM
shoutouts to veil being a moron and dropping Gio. Waivers pickups too strong

That wasn't intentional... I was drunk had a rough week.

Sanosuke
08-06-2017, 11:42 PM
Current FA Adds and rankings for me:

Added and Dropped Alex Wood because I didn't believe in him :(

Added #9 scoring 1B Logan Morrison May 8th
Added #9 scoring 3B/2B/OF Chris Taylor June 16th
Added #2 scoring DH/1B/OF Trey Mancini June 19th
Added #31 scoring SP Mike Foltynewicz April 23rd
idk if I'm gonna count Gio Gonzalez. Veil shit himself and I capitalized, but I dunno if I'm gonna count that as a move of 'brilliance'.

Got most of my high scorers that are helping me late in the season off FAs. Particularly Logan Morrison and Chris Taylor

Spencer 555
08-07-2017, 10:53 AM
I think the only one I really like there is folty. I'd give more credit for the other guys if we had more activity tho. At this point I think we all slept on taylor too hard.

Gryph
08-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Considering he had like 11 Career Hrs up to this season, there was a good reason to not even bother with him.

Spencer 555
08-07-2017, 11:46 AM
Ya man lol I think we were all too slow tho. Sano picked him up in June lol he's been raking all year. I'll be the first to admit I wasn't down.

Gryph
08-07-2017, 12:40 PM
I mean, it was dart throwing at that point anyway, forsythe was coming back, AGone was coming back, Bellinger arrived, Turner was close with the quad in rehab, there really wasn't any place for him to play, however, I don't think anyone saw Agone and Forsythe blowing fat cock this year that badly, worked out though lol. That's why i love this game, no matter the situation, it literally ALWAYS works out someway somehow.

Spencer 555
08-07-2017, 05:07 PM
Unless you're the padres

Sanosuke
08-07-2017, 08:50 PM
I mean, it was dart throwing at that point anyway, forsythe was coming back, AGone was coming back, Bellinger arrived, Turner was close with the quad in rehab, there really wasn't any place for him to play, however, I don't think anyone saw Agone and Forsythe blowing fat cock this year that badly, worked out though lol. That's why i love this game, no matter the situation, it literally ALWAYS works out someway somehow.

I was on the phone with you when I was making this pickup, you said something along the lines of "such and such just got off the DL" and I go "Yeah but this Chris Taylor person is playing every day and has been kicking ass." Not in an i told you so fashion, i just remember the convo cause I was trying to bolster my team.

Veilmenacex
08-08-2017, 09:28 PM
I got smoak and Dickerson off waivers and andre simmons

Spencer 555
08-13-2017, 09:21 PM
Gf sano, thought you had me going into the last day because of the pitching matchups but graveman pulled through and Atlanta buttfucked wacha. Bittersweet :)

Sanosuke
08-14-2017, 12:18 PM
Gf sano, thought you had me going into the last day because of the pitching matchups but graveman pulled through and Atlanta buttfucked wacha. Bittersweet :)

Yeah. It is what it is. Hurt that I didn't know when Gio was starting this week and missed his start.

Spencer 555
08-14-2017, 04:41 PM
If I had lost to gio last week it woulda been fitting haha

Hulky
08-15-2017, 11:37 PM
Danny Salazar has been fire since his return. I caught a little shit for picking him up after Blex cut him when he slumped and hit the DL.
Last 30 days Kluber has been SP1 and Salazar has been SP6 (this is ppg, not total points, Kluber is still SP1, but Salazar is a bit lower since he returned a bit later than the 30 day range). Pretty great as he has scored 16, 13.9, 17.2, 8.4, and just now 18.4 the game with the most strike outs was against the Yankees too so not too flukey off an easy schedule.

Hulky
08-19-2017, 12:09 AM
Monster day from my team: Sanchez HR, Cabrera RBI double, Sano 2 HR, DeJong HR, Marte triple, Santana HR, and two Ws by Kluber and Martinez.

Spencer 555
08-22-2017, 03:56 PM
Hey guys, probably poor timing, but I have a few rule change requests heading into next season that I think you might like. Nothing crazy, but will add some depth to the league.

Games pitched per week 8 and Games played boost to 50. This makes sense because of the suggestions below.

Add OF4 or extra Util spot: I think there are too many viable bats available on the waivers after any given draft. OF3 is insanely deep every single year to the point that we can pretty much escape the draft not owning 3 outfielders and be fine knowing we can pick someone decent up off the waivers. I think we all like the waiver aspect of the game, but I would like to make the league just a little bit deeper.

Add bench spot: along with the OF being tremendously deep, I also find SP to be extremely deep. As I look right now, I see guys like Adam Conley and Blake Snell performing well on the waivers without any room on my team. I think adding a bench spot and adding 1 game started per week to the rules would give people incentive to grab an extra sp or do something else creative with their rosters.

And lastly, I would like to see the playoffs come sooner. Preferably 2 weeks sooner at least. During our playoffs, we go deep into September baseball, in fact I think we finish the season with the ship. To me this is a bit of an issue because football season starts and people lose interest #1 and #2 managers start giving players rest more often in September and you have weird variability that you aren't used to. September baseball is a completely different monster from the rest of the season and the later you go into September the more different it gets.

Gryph
08-23-2017, 11:25 AM
No worries. We'll all have a sit down and chat about it end this year. I have a couple plans on how to remedy most of it though. Mainly booting the inactive people first and foremost. We can add real life friends of yours and ours if they want in. Realistically I want 14-20 next year. Should solve some of the good bats, but this could also be attributed to inactivity.

I'll try to rework the playoff system next year, depending on how many people we could 6 teams (bye to 2 first seeds) if we have 14 that is and make it a 2 week long matchup.

I'm also going to add an extra DL slot due to the 7day DL being added as I didn't think people would be dropping like flies this year.

I'm also planning on reworking the waiver wire, so people who draft shittily can't just pick up 19 free agents in one day and fix the team, picking up a FA would move you down in the waiver wire, stopping someone from making 8 moves in one day and cycling through 3/4ths of the entire player pool constantly.

Those are just random ideas for now. Like i said though, we can talk more once this season ends and spring training starts up, all the active people can all get together on FB messenger or Skype or something and figure it out. Lay out some groundwork.

Hulky
08-23-2017, 02:38 PM
The frustrating thing about inactives is the main culprit this year is Nightmarez, who is very into baseball. The second worst culprit is probably the guy that joined this year (I think it's Gryph's friend?, not Mist though obv.). Like he's obviously not in last place, but he has made 0 moves this year.

Gryph
08-23-2017, 03:21 PM
Yeah, he wanted to do it, then did nothing. Shame really. If y'all know people who want to do it, make sure they sign a blood contract and send me a picture of it. I don't want baby back bitches who lose 2 weeks in a row, whine and quit.

fwiw worth though, he is my friend. He's also Mist's brother lol

Spencer 555
08-23-2017, 04:35 PM
If we go 20 deep next year, I'd be perfectly happy with the roster construction as is lol.

Spencer 555
09-03-2017, 10:09 AM
Seems like every year, one or a few of my key players gets injured just before the playoffs starts.

Seager and Cespedes this year. Gonna have to make it through round 1 without my ss.

Hulky
09-05-2017, 12:20 AM
Holy fucking big time performances Playoffs week 1 day 1.

Spencer 555
09-05-2017, 12:44 AM
Ya no kidding. The 1 v 8 matchup was the only shitty one. Looks like blex is gonna smack the 1 seed outta the playoffs. Take it home blex!

Gryph
09-05-2017, 07:52 AM
Ya no kidding. The 1 v 8 matchup was the only shitty one. Looks like blex is gonna smack the 1 seed outta the playoffs. Take it home blex!

If only he was active and started fucking Robbie Ray lol

Spencer 555
09-05-2017, 08:29 AM
He's still gonna beat him lol. -5 from 2 starters is a pretty big hole

Gryph
09-05-2017, 09:33 AM
Yeah, but stretta's luck has been near god tier all year. All its gonna take is one day where his lineup goes off and he's back in the lead. Most of his points come from weird sources anyway. Kinda bummed about Chase and Junis yesterday for me though, they were getting HELLA SQUEEZED by the umpires, which was pretty annoying. Especially for Junis, who was pounding the inner half and just not getting any calls.

Spencer 555
09-05-2017, 10:42 AM
That sucks man, I know Anderson is hit or miss, have liked him and used him since 2015, but know nothing of junis. I'm scared for Estrada today, but hes been showing signs his last few starts of improvement and when he's on its must start. I don't know if I'm gonna be able to get to 44 starts before Sunday or more then 6 games pitched -_-. Hoping I don't need it.

Also, totally agree on him having god tier luck lol. Reallllly weak matchups when he's having a bad week and monster weeks when the other team scores more then 150 lol

Sanosuke
09-06-2017, 10:15 AM
I don't like our scoring format balance purely because of Mistretta's team. Has the worst pitching staff in our league and is a top 3 team.

Hulky
09-06-2017, 11:11 AM
thats because people dont line up their teams or pick people off waivers
if you just line up pitchers each week to start about 900 IP or more, you make the playoffs -- because there isnt enough active people to stop you. The only exception looks to be Blex over Dino this year but Blex was 9-12 and Dino 8-13 so it's kinda hard to argue either should have made the playoffs.

Mistretta is the #5 team in scoring.

Spencer 555
09-09-2017, 10:59 AM
1v8 is so sad lol. Lookin like the other games are gonna come down to the wire.

Hulky
09-09-2017, 05:15 PM
I am assuming the next round is Hulky (Veil hasn't benched batters so he won't have batters Sunday and is down ~20 and I have Martinez and Strasburg today and tomorrow), Spencer (60 point lead), Blex (40 point lead) and Gryph (DeGrom v. Hill+Wacha [could have been close but Sano already overloaded, so I think Gryph wins]).

That means:
1. Gryph v. 4. Blex
2. Hulky v. 3 Spencer

I think.

Spencer 555
09-09-2017, 05:40 PM
I get blex, you or veil gets sano or gryph

Hulky
09-09-2017, 05:56 PM
I get blex, you or veil gets sano or gryph

I could see you as 2. and me as 3. but I don't get how you are the higher seed than Gryph at all.

Like All Rise was #1 and from your div. Gryph #1 in our Div, #2 overall.
All Rise knocked out.
Gryph is #1.
You and Me have the same record, but I think I have you on points and head to head (week 12).
Blex is obviously the last seed.

Spencer 555
09-09-2017, 10:49 PM
The playoff bracket is made at the end of the season.

1v8 winner goes on to face 4v5 winner

2v7 goes on to face 3v6 winner

It's like any bracket really hulky.

Hulky
09-09-2017, 11:43 PM
oh that's fucking garbage, I woulda just benched all my guys the last week to punt into your shit tier bracket and avoid the veil/spencer/gryph/sano one and instead get the inactive don't set your lineup bracket (+Ima)

Spencer 555
09-10-2017, 10:10 AM
But hulky! Mistretta the #1 seed :o

Veilmenacex
09-17-2017, 09:40 PM
It's okay hulky your 3 starting pitchers destroyed me Carlos Martinez stras kluber and some relief help and I got negative from pitching or not a lot. My hitters were non existant aside from monday

Spencer 555
09-19-2017, 03:47 PM
Gl gryph, hoping for a close victory :)

Gryph
09-20-2017, 10:29 AM
Gl gryph, hoping for a close victory :)

Even if i lose, it's been a successful season. GL

Sanosuke
09-20-2017, 10:31 AM
Don't let him hook you in. That's always how he gets you.

Spencer 555
09-24-2017, 10:22 AM
Today's the day! Kershaw pitching 40 point lead, what could go wrong!

Hulky
09-24-2017, 11:17 AM
I'd be winning if Gryph and those meddling random pitchers didn't mess up my plans!
(but both of you have 4 pitchers today so it's probably going to end up 1st 2nd 3rd in correct order)

Spencer 555
09-24-2017, 03:25 PM
34 point lead with a third of the games played :3. Im scared.

Spencer 555
09-24-2017, 07:20 PM
Yay