PDA

View Full Version : Request Thread

Hulky
04-21-2016, 11:39 PM
Post what you want (use the facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/212064285475054/) group if you are somehow locked out ) like suggesting another board, name changes, password reset, lock a thread, additional PM space, see an error to be corrected or whatever.

The Butcher
04-22-2016, 10:55 AM
Make the minimum characters to post less than 10 please

and I assume we are waiting on sigs to show up?

KBHoleN1
04-22-2016, 11:56 AM
1. The text on the top frame of the thread (View First Unread, Thread Tools, Search, etc ...) is currently gray on the gray frame and barely visible.

2. If you go to your Settings page (User CP) or look at a subforum, you see the little blue arrow next to the thread name (for threads with new posts)? It currently links to the first NEW post. On the old forum, it linked to the first UNREAD post, which I thought was very helpful for navigating to the posts you actually want to read in the thread. Can this be changed?

Also, thank you to Hulky and Mel for setting this up. I offered to chip in some money to help with forum costs, and that offer still stands.

Lex
04-22-2016, 12:25 PM
Is there anyway to drop the minimum character requirement for usernames? It's at 4 and I'd like to just be Lex again.

Also obligatory request for purple name

DivineLeft
04-22-2016, 12:33 PM
Make the minimum characters to post less than 10 please

and I assume we are waiting on sigs to show up?

will change to five. Sigs are back to functional img tags be good. (look at shurt and Kb)

1. The text on the top frame of the thread (View First Unread, Thread Tools, Search, etc ...) is currently gray on the gray frame and barely visible.

2. If you go to your Settings page (User CP) or look at a subforum, you see the little blue arrow next to the thread name (for threads with new posts)? It currently links to the first NEW post. On the old forum, it linked to the first UNREAD post, which I thought was very helpful for navigating to the posts you actually want to read in the thread. Can this be changed?

Also, thank you to Hulky and Mel for setting this up. I offered to chip in some money to help with forum costs, and that offer still stands.
1, done and will will let you guys know hen doen completely..
2. User Cp and visitor page is being difficult with me via css same as above... As I update to the newer versions should fix this as well as the what's new and new posts being broken.. :/

Is there anyway to drop the minimum character requirement for usernames? It's at 4 and I'd like to just be Lex again.

Also obligatory request for purple name

Saw your request and edited it to 3 default was 5. idk care about colors... but it requires user groups. Haven't created any here yet. Just has the default admin/mod/users/waiiting to be users/pod scum.

Maverik
04-22-2016, 04:42 PM
I got cash for you fools too, just let me know

Shurtugal
04-22-2016, 08:22 PM
Make it so my remember me works :'(

Hulky
04-22-2016, 08:41 PM
Make it so my remember me works :'(

Do you think it's which of the following:
- Cookie problem
- Remember Me feature
- Session Time out

_____
The cookie page looks like the vBulletin support forum (thread discussing something similar) suggests. They have another suggestion that one of the three complaining says helped that I see how to do.

or is it Session Time Out because that is currently set at 900 seconds of inactivity. Is it not remembering you around that time or something?

DivineLeft
04-22-2016, 11:04 PM
older verison.. almost done updating to current.. and then I get toe tweak all the damn colors again..

DivineLeft
04-23-2016, 09:38 AM
Please review issues. Colors will be worked on.. but now updated to same version as TAO forums. all the coding should be working and now 500 errors.. plus lots of features I haven't turned off or on yet. :)

bdog1321
04-24-2016, 11:52 PM
ban lex

KBHoleN1
04-25-2016, 03:14 PM
I see in my Settings page that Reputation Given is now displaying. Is Reputation Received not displaying, or have I just not received any rep?

If it's the first, someone needs to fix this. If it's the second ... someone also needs to fix this. :tongue:

Mar
04-25-2016, 05:33 PM
I see in my Settings page that Reputation Given is now displaying. Is Reputation Received not displaying, or have I just not received any rep?

If it's the first, someone needs to fix this. If it's the second ... someone also needs to fix this. :tongue:

I'm just waiting for a Wizzy to go immortal and rep me once so I can get up there too. Until then, I'm just chillin' :cool:

Wizzy
04-25-2016, 05:52 PM
I'll never be first in rep again :(

Hulky
04-25-2016, 06:22 PM
If someone could get rough amounts of rep everyone has that would be awesome.

Preferably memberlist -> sort by rep -> copy pasta -> post the list

Then like person x has zyx rep and then we can guesstimate between the gaps. If that gets done I'll go through each account and update it if that's want people want.

EDIT: Also if someone does this if you could post it all in another thread in the announcement board that would be awesome.

KBHoleN1
04-25-2016, 06:23 PM
I actually like everyone starting with 0 reputation. Rep became so meaningless once everyone got so high. It would be fun to see how people use it if it means something again.

I have fond memories of rep wars.

Mar
04-25-2016, 06:26 PM
We can see our own rep by going to "settings", it's right next to "Latest Rep Received"

People can just s/s their rep page and post it here, I trust nobody will lie about it, it's just rep after all.

But it would be more fun to start over, that's for sure

Hulky
04-25-2016, 06:29 PM
I was initially thinking to make the list of previous top 50 or whatever random number then give like +5 per position. That way it keeps the old ranks but some have the power to accelerate it a bit. No one would be past the first few ranks.

Just an idea. Also with the post counts being updated people with higher PC have more rep power.

I can also edit rep titles and set the threshold to get the title. So if we get the old order and get rough amounts of how much people have, we can readjust immortal to like 2mil rep or whatever the hell and the lower ranks increased. Regardless what the community wants I think it would be a good idea to at least record the info in case we want to change back down the road.

Lex
04-25-2016, 06:32 PM
I stay burn it to the ground it's time the 1% stopped hoarding 99% of the rep.

DivineLeft
04-25-2016, 07:17 PM
I stay burn it to the ground it's time the 1% stopped hoarding 99% of the rep.

I agree! However I have a request to ban u and add 89 to gryph's name... You know how it pains me not to respect authority..

Hulky we should talk some more. I lot has been accomplished over the weekend.

KickAssPlaya
04-25-2016, 09:19 PM
Things are really looking good. I like the idea of just starting fresh in rep.

Zoticus
04-26-2016, 11:35 PM
Everything looks amazing. Excellent job to all those involved.

One thought: Maybe add some length to the forum image at the top so that you can see the tool bar at the top of page that says "welcome, username Notifications etc. And maybe just make it black above the image so the white text is not blending in with picture.

Thank you again for the forums.

Toledo
04-27-2016, 11:27 AM
When do we get little emoticons to denote our rank on the forums?

Rubbish
04-27-2016, 01:01 PM
My vote would be on keeping it simple, to be honest.

Bogart
04-28-2016, 08:47 AM
A working built-in chat, like the flashchat we had on 4thfactor... except working thistime around, that would be awesome!

Toledo
04-28-2016, 03:00 PM
A working built-in chat, like the flashchat we had on 4thfactor... except working thistime around, that would be awesome!

This x1000

Like on 4th? We could have the icons of where you played... or something subtle.

Or maybe just a small/subtle badge or icon for everyone that came from the original forums for when BR's game comes out and becomes an online sensation. :/

DivineLeft
04-28-2016, 03:22 PM
Hukly has me looking into it.. I'm testing the old one and its still buggy. Sent an email to the creator and asked what I could do, and if its just a Godaddy issue.. But yes. Chat feature (to come)

Or maybe just a small/subtle badge or icon for everyone that came from the original forums for when BR's game comes out and becomes an online sensation. :/
If I knew honestly who got what trophies for ingame tournaments.. I think that would be neat to wear around here.
IDk.. lots of ideas I'm sure. out there..

http://taoforums.com/images/ranks/trophies.png http://taoforums.com/images/ranks/banff.png http://taoforums.com/images/ranks/barrierward.png

Zoticus
04-29-2016, 01:00 PM
When people bring Popular Threads from old forum to here could we require people to give credit to the original thread creator in the opening post?

I noticed a few have done so and its just so nice. I also noticed a few have not, and, thats bad, m'kay, just bad. M'kay?

Thanks,
Zoticus
(photo credits: dragonmaster123)

DivineLeft
04-29-2016, 03:17 PM
blah blah blah your quote
”QUOTE types matter.”

You had ” at some parts instead of "
While it doesn't look like much difference.. the server said idk what it is.. So I'll just ignore it!

When people bring Popular Threads from old forum to here could we require people to give credit to the original thread creator in the opening post?

I noticed a few have done so and its just so nice. I also noticed a few have not, and, thats bad, m'kay, just bad. M'kay?

Thanks,
Zoticus
(photo credits: dragonmaster123)
I agree with this so do moving forward.. However in about a week when the old posts get loaded in.. they will get their credit back ;)

Toledo
04-29-2016, 06:24 PM
Is there any way that we can disable the subject line on every post? Maybe it's just me but it looks wonky as hell, like their post is their signature.

Zoticus
04-29-2016, 08:07 PM
EDIT: Sorry.. Did not notice there was a thread for my post.

Carry on discussing color.

Hulky
04-30-2016, 01:13 PM
Thinking about trophies (like little TAO units) that can either be in a Trophy page on the player's profile or in the profile on the left near rep for like Mafia awards, Fantasy Champ etc.

Sanosuke
04-30-2016, 03:16 PM
Visitor messages

rainblade
05-01-2016, 09:08 AM
I request moderatorship.

Hey, it worked for Clarity, right?

rainblade
05-01-2016, 09:24 AM
Butch must have been going with the 'talent over experience' approach.

:lol:

Sanosuke
05-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Visitor messages

3000 stat
05-01-2016, 01:05 PM
This is awesome. Can you reset mine please?

Mar
05-01-2016, 06:19 PM
are images not working?

Wizzy
05-01-2016, 06:24 PM
all working for me

Madamos
05-01-2016, 08:51 PM
Works on my iphone too.

Toledo
05-01-2016, 11:16 PM
Totally not a priority, but would it be possible to get a 4th skin/theme option at some point?

Spiritofdarkness
05-02-2016, 12:06 AM
Can't remember what forums but we had these silly little games, it got pretty competitive at one point.

Mar
05-02-2016, 12:58 AM
I request super moderatorship, as well. only if you edit out this black text before 11pm 5/1/16pst

bdog1321
05-02-2016, 02:01 AM
I request super moderatorship, as well. only if you edit out this black text before 11pm 5/1/16pst

too late, you lose

Mar
05-02-2016, 02:29 AM
In all seriousness, we can't have Butcher's monocracy.

Plus I'm active.

bdog1321
05-02-2016, 02:30 AM
it was serious. you were seriously too late

Snowy*Wolf
05-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Looks like I should be a mod then ;P

Darkness
05-02-2016, 10:33 PM
Chatroom would be nice.

I initially didn't care for this idea, but it would be nice with TAO now essentially gone. Spending some time over the past few days on the servers reminded me why we need one.

Mask
05-03-2016, 03:28 AM
Can't remember what forums but we had these silly little games, it got pretty competitive at one point.

Legends forums?

Bogart
05-03-2016, 04:37 AM
Legends forums?

Yes but that section was buggy as hell...

Sanosuke
05-03-2016, 10:48 AM
In all seriousness, we can't have Butcher's monocracy.

Plus I'm active.

Butcher is only a mod of the game forum. Shut up.

DivineLeft
05-03-2016, 11:20 AM
There's this plugin (among others) http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101554

KickAssPlaya
05-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Looks like I should be a mod then ;P

Look what the cat brought in :p

The Butcher
05-03-2016, 02:51 PM
Hi kap

KickAssPlaya
05-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Hey butch

Mar
05-03-2016, 03:01 PM
Look what the cat brought in :p

Guess I'm the cat :p

Madamos
05-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Fuck yes, like said before, an arcade. I loved those penguins games.

The Butcher
05-06-2016, 09:59 AM
Butcher is only a mod of the game forum. Shut up.

So you think...

I do what I want, when I want, where I want. Especially sexual things.

Why you so mad Kash baby? C'mon. New forum, new slate. Stop making it so easy to dislike you.

EDIT: Forgot the whole reason i came to this thread lol, is the "What's New" button gone for good? Or is it just changed to the activity button?

KBHoleN1
05-08-2016, 10:27 AM
There is a button right under the Activity Feed that says New Posts. I think that serves pretty much the same function, i just displays older threads as well. I also think you can edit what "new" means in your settings, and it will display posts from the time frame you want.

KBHoleN1
05-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Can we increase the file size allowed for avatars? I've been trying to do a simple gif for Butcher, and the file size restriction is incredibly small compared to the old forums. I don't even know what it's set to right now, but can we take a look at making it bigger/would that cause any problems?

DivineLeft
05-08-2016, 07:30 PM
EDIT: Forgot the whole reason i came to this thread lol, is the "What's New" button gone for good? Or is it just changed to the activity button?
sorry missed yea just renamed "what's new" to "activity feed" since that's really what it was going to.

Could make it go to new posts and replace new post link to activity

There is a button right under the Activity Feed that says New Posts. I think that serves pretty much the same function, i just displays older threads as well. I also think you can edit what "new" means in your settings, and it will display posts from the time frame you want.
He is correct here too.

Can we increase the file size allowed for avatars? I've been trying to do a simple gif for Butcher, and the file size restriction is incredibly small compared to the old forums. I don't even know what it's set to right now, but can we take a look at making it bigger/would that cause any problems?

I was trying to avoid attachments and uploads, trying to keep db size down for nice fast loading times.. but can up the defaults.. Will have to look at what they are set to currently. What's the size of your current desired image?

Bogart
05-09-2016, 04:08 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing long loading times / unresponsive server?

Toledo
05-09-2016, 04:09 PM
Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing long loading times / unresponsive server?

No issues on my end.

Wizzy
05-09-2016, 04:14 PM

I was gonna bring this up but my internet is bad sometimes. I am having issues with loading times but no unresponsive server yet

seemed to happen after that RSS popped up

KickAssPlaya
05-09-2016, 04:15 PM

It's just you. This forum is great. On my phone or laptop :thumbsup:

DivineLeft
05-09-2016, 04:15 PM
A few others reported issues today.. I was making a php change about an hour ago, but everything in reports is clean..

Bogart
05-09-2016, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I was gonna bring this up but my internet is bad sometimes. I am having issues with loading times but no unresponsive server yet

seemed to happen after that RSS popped up

I'm from the EU and on a simple DSL connection... I get crappy connection every now and then, but the forums seemed the only thing refusing to load. Appears to be over now though...

Madamos
05-09-2016, 07:52 PM
I don't know much aboht forums and all, but will we ever be able to rep using the mobile site? Or do I always have to go onto the full site.

Second question. When i click full site on my mobile, i'm completly clueless on how to go back on the mobile version. I usually end up erasing my history/cache etc...

I'm sorry if these were asked and answered before. I did not search the topic...

DivineLeft
05-09-2016, 08:45 PM
I was kinda disappointed rep in not in the mobile template. I keep going to reach for it myself.. This will be one of those if someone finds a way or wants to modify the mobile code sure we can add it.. There might be a plugin for it too out there.. I would also like this so I'll keep looking for an answer.

Regarding go back! If you're on the full site, at the very bottom of the page is a drop down menu on the left.. You can select Test Style (white) or Default Mobile (black not working as good as I like) and go right back to mobile version.

Madamos
05-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Oh gee, i'm a noob! Thats for clarifying, mel!

Hulky
05-10-2016, 04:29 PM
I ran out of PM space and had to mass delete. If anyone needs more PM space (would like to save PMs, and needs space for like Mafia or privately talks to individuals through PMs [some do without posting]) request a specific amount of space you'd like to have. I think default is something like 50 or 75. Can go more, but afraid of defaulting higher and some bot just hitting us all up like the couple that did it on the original forums.

Zoticus
05-12-2016, 10:24 PM
EDIT: I'm being serious.. Not trying to start anything or pick at admins.

Setup a donation paypal account. If we are all into this TOGETHER then might as well fund forums TOGETHER.

I don't like it when people hang money over my head. Just really pisses me off. I don't need any handouts.

Or threatening me with a ban, if enough people want me to be banned then just do it. I know I was being disrespectful about nazi bs and was basically just trolling because I don't care about a thread with hawt chicks or being able to curse.

I apologize for being childish. I do appreciate all this.

Hulky
05-12-2016, 10:31 PM
How much are you wanting to put in?

Zoticus
05-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Wow....

How about you tell us the total cost monthly or yearly. I don't want to insult you. I was being serious too.

EDIT: I was thinking a donation account that showed a total cost for the year. And even setup a goal meter so we know when we reached the mark.

Hulky
05-12-2016, 10:46 PM
I've said costs before, but trying not to "put it over your head" I don't repeat it. I never asked for any money. I have put in $624.47, plus auto-renew for future costs or add on costs like Chat.
http://s32.postimg.org/qbos75gud/Screen_Shot_2016_05_12_at_7_36_50_PM.png

The smarter thing would be to wait until the new game gets to a point that it could use funds. Like a new site, hosting, server costs. Future forum costs include chat which is between free (and buggy, despite hours of fixing) to $50 a month. Likely going to go with the $40 one time option. Next hosting cost is recurring in something like 3 years, and domain in 10 years these are the two costs to GoDaddy in the s/s.

I still don't want money for these costs. The future game costs when it gets to that point (and things like recently just distract/piss off the people trying to do it), then Matt will probably set up some sort of donation thing for funding.

Zoticus
05-12-2016, 11:23 PM
That is a bit more than I thought you were paying. I guess I missed where you posted about this before.

Now I feel like a jackass. I was thinking everyone donating $10 or $20, but I'm not sure if we would reach the goal. Unless everyone donated. I have been in big clans before where everyone donated monthly to pay for TeamSpeak, 4-5 Servers, Forums, and Website etc. That's the route I was trying to take with this.

rainblade
05-12-2016, 11:33 PM
That is a bit more than I thought you were paying. I guess I missed where you posted about this before.

Now I feel like a jackass. I was thinking everyone donating $10 or $20, but I'm not sure if we would reach the goal. Unless everyone donated. I have been in big clans before where everyone donated monthly to pay for TeamSpeak, 4-5 Servers, Forums, and Website etc. That's the route I was trying to take with this.

Well, doesn't Hulky have the most money to spend of any of us here? He's like our sugar daddy.

Greendaybum5
05-16-2016, 12:47 PM
Hey are we able to add a VM feature?

KBHoleN1
05-16-2016, 12:54 PM
Hey are we able to add a VM feature?

Visitor messaging is active. But I think you have to be friends with them to access it.