PDA

View Full Version : For NFL fans

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Blexican
04-22-2016, 12:56 AM
I started the last one a decade ago. Might as well keep it going.

Favorite Teams :

Blexican : Cowboys

Thunder : Cowboys

Hulky : Raiders

Hugh : Seahawks

Gryph : Jets

LeX : Giants

The One : 49ers

KAP(PA) : Patriots

Spencer : Bills

Toledo : Jaguars

Hulky
04-22-2016, 01:03 AM
I'm stoked for the draft. First year in a while where I legit have no idea what the Raiders will do.

Hugh
04-22-2016, 01:11 AM
Go Seahawks.
I want to draft all linemen. O or D is fine, but I'm shopping in bulk. If you're not 300 + I can't use you.

Darkness
04-22-2016, 02:00 AM
I haven't followed the draft too closely this year, but I kinda hope the Saints draft Laquon Treadwell. The loss of Stills, Colston, Graham, Watson, and others the past couple of years needs to be addressed with more than Cooks and Fleener. Still, the defense was historically bad so I guess they should address that first. The offense was still ranked very high, but they didn't look nearly as fluid last year (or the year before).

I also told myself that I would become a fan of an LA football team if we ever got another one, so I guess I should embrace the Rams. Not sure how to feel about that one yet. :|

Gryph
04-22-2016, 07:30 AM
I'm waiting for another John Abraham moment from my Jets with Wilkerson. Because y'know...Mediocrity.

Lex
04-22-2016, 04:09 PM
Has Hulky done a super in depth mock draft yet? I always enjoy them. Also sterling shepard is gonna be the best WR out of this years class.

Hulky
04-22-2016, 04:39 PM
I haven't done one this year because I thought there was going to be trades at the top. I was more expecting the Buccaneers to trade up though. I was in a big one on a draft forum (footballsfuture.com) http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=49 if you go to that forum and scroll down to Total Control I was running the Colts in that one. He has spread sheets on googledocs and contracts and its super in depth with cap management - it's an entire mock offseason including FA rounds and ends with the draft. The guy that ran the 49ers and to a lesser extent the Raiders guy completely bombed their teams. If you go back to the main forum then scroll down they have some really good communities for each team, but some teams have very few fans and the discussion is basically dead. Raiders have a lot of fans though. I think the Giants have a good following there too (the guy that ran the mock I was in is a Giants fan).

Also I agree a lot with Charlie Campbell of walterfootball.com this year.

The One
04-23-2016, 06:29 PM
49ers.

If they don't draft a QB or OL I'll be livid.

KickAssPlaya
04-23-2016, 09:47 PM
Go Patriots!! :cool:

Blexican
04-23-2016, 10:51 PM
Go Patriots!! :cool:

KAP likes the patriots.

Shortened version of Patriots is PA

KAP+ PA = Kappa (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kappa)

KAP is a troll confirmed.

Mantis
04-23-2016, 11:11 PM
Balls.

Spencer 555
04-24-2016, 12:12 AM
Bills...

Toledo
04-24-2016, 09:58 AM
TAO's resident Jags fan reporting in. Jags superbowl 2k17.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise Your Bortles ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Saint
04-24-2016, 09:34 PM
I'm sure the Lions will be better off without Megatron 38

Sanosuke
04-25-2016, 11:23 AM
Still holding out against the Panthers until Cam Newton is gone. Just put my fandom under the Falcons until further notice.

This draft is going to be a shit show. 3 QBs will be taken in the first round, none of which deserve to bs there.

Toledo
04-25-2016, 11:38 AM
Still holding out against the Panthers until Cam Newton is gone. Just put my fandom under the Falcons until further notice.

This draft is going to be a shit show. 3 QBs will be taken in the first round, none of which deserve to bs there.

Take those quarterbacks bby! Leave me that juicy juicy Ramsey.

Greendaybum5
04-26-2016, 02:18 PM
I wish the Eagles would've stayed with the No. 8 pick....

Hulky
04-27-2016, 01:44 AM
Here's my current round 1 mock draft Lex.

01. Los Angeles Rams - Jared Goff, QB California
02. Philadelphia Eagles - Carson Wentz, QB North Dakota
03. San Diego Chargers - Deforest Buckner, DE Oregon
04. Dallas Cowboys - Jalen Ramsey, CB Florida State
05. Jacksonville Jaguars - Laremy Tunsil, LT Ole Miss
06. Baltimore Ravens - Joey Bosa, DE The Ohio State University
07. San Francisco 49ers - Shaq Lawson, DE Clemson
08. Cleveland Browns - Jack Conklin, OL Michigan State
09. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Vernon Hargreaves, CB Florida
10. New York Giants - Ezekiel Elliot, RB The Ohio State University
11 Chicago Bears - Jarran Reed, NT Alabama
12. New Orleans Saints - Robert Nkemdiche, DL Ole Miss
13. Miami Dolphins - Eli Apple, CB The Ohio State University
14. Oakland Raiders - Myles Jack, LB UCLA
15. Tennessee Titans - Ronnie Staley, OT Notre Dame
16. Detroit Lions - Laquon Treadwell, WR Ole Miss
17. Atlanta Falcons - Darron Lee, LB The Ohio State University
18. Indianapolis Colts - Leonard Floyd, OLB Georgia
19. Buffalo Bills - Jonathan Bullard, DE Florida
20. New York Jets - Paxton Lynch, QB Memphis
21. Washington Redskins - Karl Joseph, SS West Virginia
22. Houston Texans - A’Shawn Robinson, DL Alabama
23. Minnesota Vikings - Andrew Billings, NT Baylor
24. Cincinnati Bengals - Corey Coleman, WR Baylor
25. Pittsburgh Steelers - Kamalei Correa, OLB Boise State
26. Seattle Seahawks - Kevin Dodd, DE Clemson
27. Green Bay Packers - Reggie Ragland, ILB Alabama
28. Kansas City Chiefs - William Jackson III, CB Houston
29. Arizona Cardinals - Ryan Kelly, C Alabama
30. Carolina Panthers - Su’a Cravens, SS USC
31. Denver Broncos - Taylor Decker, OT The Ohio State University

Lex
04-27-2016, 01:51 AM
I'm pretty sure this draft is the darkest timeline.
The cowboys get the best corner, the giants ruin ezekial elliot's career, and the redskins don't trade away their future.
At least the eagles bet the farm on an FCS qb.

Idon't think the jags want tunsil and are gonna try hard to jump up to no3 for ramsey if they don't think Myles jack's knees are good.
Nkemdiche to New Orleans might be the literal worst place for him on a personal level.
I'd rather the Giants take Leonard Floyd also, or even trade back and take Josh Doctson.

Toledo
04-27-2016, 10:45 AM
Here's my current round 1 mock draft Lex.

01. Los Angeles Rams - Jared Goff, QB California
02. Philadelphia Eagles - Carson Wentz, QB North Dakota
03. San Diego Chargers - Deforest Buckner, DE Oregon
04. Dallas Cowboys - Jalen Ramsey, CB Florida State
05. Jacksonville Jaguars - Laremy Tunsil, LT Ole Miss
06. Baltimore Ravens - Joey Bosa, DE The Ohio State University
07. San Francisco 49ers - Shaq Lawson, DE Clemson
08. Cleveland Browns - Jack Conklin, OL Michigan State
09. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Vernon Hargreaves, CB Florida
10. New York Giants - Ezekiel Elliot, RB The Ohio State University
11 Chicago Bears - Jarran Reed, NT Alabama
12. New Orleans Saints - Robert Nkemdiche, DL Ole Miss
13. Miami Dolphins - Eli Apple, CB The Ohio State University
14. Oakland Raiders - Myles Jack, LB UCLA
15. Tennessee Titans - Ronnie Staley, OT Notre Dame
16. Detroit Lions - Laquon Treadwell, WR Ole Miss
17. Atlanta Falcons - Darron Lee, LB The Ohio State University
18. Indianapolis Colts - Leonard Floyd, OLB Georgia
19. Buffalo Bills - Jonathan Bullard, DE Florida
20. New York Jets - Paxton Lynch, QB Memphis
21. Washington Redskins - Karl Joseph, SS West Virginia
22. Houston Texans - A’Shawn Robinson, DL Alabama
23. Minnesota Vikings - Andrew Billings, NT Baylor
24. Cincinnati Bengals - Corey Coleman, WR Baylor
25. Pittsburgh Steelers - Kamalei Correa, OLB Boise State
26. Seattle Seahawks - Kevin Dodd, DE Clemson
27. Green Bay Packers - Reggie Ragland, ILB Alabama
28. Kansas City Chiefs - William Jackson III, CB Houston
29. Arizona Cardinals - Ryan Kelly, C Alabama
30. Carolina Panthers - Su’a Cravens, SS USC
31. Denver Broncos - Taylor Decker, OT The Ohio State University

Yeah I'll tell you straight up that the Jags won't be taking O line at number five.

Hugh
04-27-2016, 03:55 PM
Sam Bradford is such a douchebag. The guy has made a jillion dollars being mediocre/hurt, and now after being overpaid yet again his agent says he wants to go someplace where he is "the man" because the Eagles will be drafting a QB.
So after all this Bradford will only be happy if he is named the uncontested, unquestionable starting QB for like the next 5 years guaranteed? Will that make him happy? Because boat loads of money and numerous oppurtunities doesn't seem to. I can't believe that he of all people is bitching about his situation. I think he's a decent player when healthy, but he's not better than that and his health is s huge issue. After 2 blown out knees he's lucky to still be in the league.
Confirmed bitch.

Lex
04-27-2016, 04:56 PM
Sam Bradford is such a douchebag. The guy has made a jillion dollars being mediocre/hurt, and now after being overpaid yet again his agent says he wants to go someplace where he is "the man" because the Eagles will be drafting a QB.
So after all this Bradford will only be happy if he is named the uncontested, unquestionable starting QB for like the next 5 years guaranteed? Will that make him happy? Because boat loads of money and numerous oppurtunities doesn't seem to. I can't believe that he of all people is bitching about his situation. I think he's a decent player when healthy, but he's not better than that and his health is s huge issue. After 2 blown out knees he's lucky to still be in the league.
Confirmed bitch.
Disagree. Players let the teams and league walk all over them all the time. Take as much money and use any sort of leverage you can to make more.
Bradford signed a contract with the assurance that the team was behind him, and then they go and make Chase Daniel one of the highest paid backups in the league and then leverage their future to move up in the draft for another QB.
I'd want to bail too. The second he has a bad game/half/drive the philly fan base was gonna turn on him and demand the rookie be made the starter anyway.
The NFL is making record profits and then expect players to take pay cuts/hometown discounts/whatever and when they don't the media paints them as a bad guy.
Ryan fitzpatrick just had the best season of any Jets QB since like Joe Namath and they're offering him Chase Daniel money.

I'm prolly biased as an OU fan though. I love sam.

Nightmarez
04-27-2016, 05:19 PM
I mean if you think you can start but you aren't starting why wouldn't you want to start? Idk, to me I'd be wanting to be a quarter back not watching a young guy develop.

Hugh
04-27-2016, 06:57 PM
My point wasn't really about the money, Lex. I mentioned it because he made so fucking much of it, but good for him. He signed a $75 million deal before ever taking a snap in the NFL. Good for him. Philly wants to sign him to another deal and an $11 million bonus after last year's performance? Good for him. I'm not saying he should give a dollar of it back.
I AM saying he and his agent should shut the fuck up though. Sam Bradford has done NOTHING to earn the trust and loyalty of any team or fan base since he got drafted. He's been decent at times, bad at times, and hurt several times. He's never been great and there's no reason to believe he ever will be.
Still, he has earned a shot and that's what Philly gave him and continues to give him. The team that drafted him #1 and gave him a bus full of money threw him out. They didn't want him. The Eagles did.
His money is taken care of. Now he should focus on winning games this year instead of whining about a trade.
The next couple drafts looks grim for quarterbacks. The Eagles are taking an oppurtunity to grab someone who might be better than anyone on the horizon. Doesn't mean he's getting the ball next year. If Bradford plays well he might never get the ball.
If Bradford doesn't play well? If he doesn't win? Well...welcome to the fucking NFL. He's gonna get replaced, whether it's Philly or St. Louis or anywhere else.
The idea of a team that has his back or supports him no matter what, what team is he talking about exactly? One of the teams that outbid Philly when he was a free agent 10 minutes ago? That team doesn't exist.
He's chasing rainbows, and being a bitch.

Maverik
04-27-2016, 08:06 PM
being a back-up QB is the dream

no concussions and a shit-load of money

Chase Daniel is killin it right now

Hugh
04-27-2016, 08:35 PM
Right? Charlie Whitehurst and Matt Flynn have it made. Best job in sports. Flynn's been on 7 teams in 8 years. Everyone knows he's no good but he always finds a job as a backup. I think a big part of it must be personality with these career backups. Of course they can run the drills and learn the offense and stuff, but the ones that hang around forever must also just be good guys. Easy to get along with.
Says something about how Tim Tebow can't even get a job as backup. It has to. The guy won the Heisman. He won a playoff game. It's weird that he's not holding a clipboard somewhere at least.

Hulky
04-28-2016, 02:30 AM
Right? Charlie Whitehurst and Matt Flynn have it made. Best job in sports. Flynn's been on 7 teams in 8 years. Everyone knows he's no good but he always finds a job as a backup. I think a big part of it must be personality with these career backups. Of course they can run the drills and learn the offense and stuff, but the ones that hang around forever must also just be good guys. Easy to get along with.
Says something about how Tim Tebow can't even get a job as backup. It has to. The guy won the Heisman. He won a playoff game. It's weird that he's not holding a clipboard somewhere at least.

Flynn was Jamarcus' backup in college too.

Zoticus
04-28-2016, 01:13 PM
WHO DAT

Saints

Toledo
04-28-2016, 02:19 PM
Any of you guys doing anything fun tonight for the draft?

KBHoleN1
04-28-2016, 02:34 PM
Las Vegas Raiders, that would be weird if it actually happened.

Hugh
04-28-2016, 03:52 PM

Checking updates on my phone.

Hulky
04-28-2016, 03:57 PM

I usually watch on NFLN and chat with Lex (and sometimes bdog and blud join) while foruming an insane amount on the draft forum I am a member of.

Hulky
04-28-2016, 03:59 PM
Las Vegas Raiders, that would be weird if it actually happened.

This is the only move I would be okay with if they absolutely can't stay in Oakland or the area.

I wouldn't be able to go to all the games, but one big game weekend would be awesome. Like stay at Caesers or the Venetian or whatever do some gambling Saturday. Sunday Football then fly home.

Sanosuke
04-28-2016, 09:10 PM
This draft is straight trash

Lex
04-28-2016, 09:13 PM
Someone fucked Laremy Tunsil so hard lol

Maverik
04-28-2016, 10:09 PM
Ezekiel Elliot @ 4

lulz

Toledo
04-28-2016, 10:12 PM
Someone fucked Laremy Tunsil so hard lol

I can't believe Miami took him anyway, but I'm so glad they did! I'm taking a hit for Tunsil, making strides for stoners everywhere.

P.S. Jalen Ramsey is officially a Jaguar. I am fully erect.

Lex
04-28-2016, 10:13 PM
That bong hit cost him like 10 million on his rookie contract.

Toledo
04-28-2016, 10:22 PM
That bong hit cost him like 10 million on his rookie contract.

You can't put a price on progress, Lex.

Lex
04-28-2016, 10:34 PM
You can't put a price on progress, Lex.

Maybe you're right, I suppose you could him a trail blazer.

Hulky
04-28-2016, 10:37 PM
http://thebiglead.com/2016/04/28/laremy-tunsil-instagram-hacked/

More than just the pot leak they got his Instagram with a conversation about a coach paying his mom's bills
NCAA goin' to be pissed

Toledo
04-29-2016, 08:58 AM
http://thebiglead.com/2016/04/28/laremy-tunsil-instagram-hacked/

More than just the pot leak they got his Instagram with a conversation about a coach paying his mom's bills
NCAA goin' to be pissed

Oh. Damn. Miami gives no fucks.

Shoutout to the Cowboys for taking Elliot at number four and leaving Ramsey for us. You da rel MVP.

Hugh
04-29-2016, 04:08 PM
Chris Christie says he would have arrested Laremy Tunsil at the draft if he was still a prosecutor. Lol.
What a fucking asshole.

Hulky
04-29-2016, 04:22 PM
Can you imagine getting all dress up with your mom getting ready to get a multimillion dollar deal go top 5 on national tv. Then someone posts the pot vid and the coach pays his mom's bills things to his social media. Realizing that on TV in the green room. Then Chris Christie marches in and arrests you.

That would qualify for one of the worst days ever.

Hugh
04-29-2016, 04:30 PM
Ever.

Toledo
04-29-2016, 05:19 PM
Chris Christie should probably worry about his own morbid obesity before concerning himself with the struggles of others.

bludhoundz
04-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Eli Apple meets ELI from The Big Apple

I don't follow college that much, but I hear this was a bit of a reach. Hope it turns out well

Hugh
04-29-2016, 07:45 PM
Someone on the radio said the Giants now have two players named Eli and they both specialize in interceptions.

Toledo
04-29-2016, 07:52 PM
Ramsey + Jack + Fowler. Feels good man.

Lex
04-29-2016, 07:53 PM
Giants picked my favorite player, draft is a success no matter what happens now

Hulky
04-29-2016, 08:13 PM
I wanted Jack, Jaylon, Ashawn or Chris Jones.

Jaylon to Boys, Jack to Jags, Chris Jones to KC.... and the Raiders passed on my massive DL for another developmental one in Jihad Ward.

So upset we didn't get AShawn. I want him so bad to be a Raider. I hope they still take him.

Sanosuke
04-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Jihad.

Hulky
04-29-2016, 09:35 PM
Dirka Dirka Oakland Jihad
http://applymate.com/blog/wp-834nLo9T-content/uploads/2013/07/Refused-to-Represent-a-Terrorist-1024x681.jpg

Sanosuke
04-30-2016, 04:40 AM
Thank you Hulky.

Toledo
04-30-2016, 11:29 AM
Me until September.

https://i.imgur.com/bJElaYb.jpg

The Cheat
04-30-2016, 09:22 PM
why?

Hulky
04-30-2016, 09:49 PM
Because the Jaguars just killed the draft lol

The Cheat
04-30-2016, 10:34 PM
NFL demand that the jasg must always suck.

endless
05-01-2016, 02:00 AM
Favorite team: Colts

Toledo
05-01-2016, 09:20 AM
NFL demand that the jasg must always suck.

Something something AFC championship something something fuck the Titans.

Sanosuke
05-01-2016, 09:35 AM
I doubt the jags will win the AFC but they did really well in the draft and should be solid not this year but the next.

The Cheat
05-01-2016, 10:21 AM
Something something AFC championship something something fuck the Titans.

That was back when they were new and allowed to win. Now...not so much. Gotta have at least one team you can beat in Madden.

bdog1321
05-01-2016, 02:11 PM
jags will probably take a year to gel with all these guys before winning anything serious, but a division championship isn't out of the question in the worst division in the nfl

KickAssPlaya
05-01-2016, 02:12 PM
I didn't know the jags were in the NFC east... ;)

bdog1321
05-01-2016, 02:13 PM
Someone on the radio said the Giants now have two players named Eli and they both specialize in interceptions.

http://i.imgur.com/GNIoFlh.gif

bdog1321
05-01-2016, 02:14 PM
I didn't know the jags were in the NFC east... ;)

the nfc east has a healthy tony romo now. i don't understand

KickAssPlaya
05-01-2016, 02:21 PM

Oh yes..cause a healthy Romo is the best QB :rolleyes:

Super bowl champs this year for sure. Silly me. :)

bdog1321
05-01-2016, 02:29 PM
better than brady

Sanosuke
05-01-2016, 04:54 PM

Oh yes..cause a healthy Romo is the best QB :rolleyes:

Super bowl champs this year for sure. Silly me.

Wish I could just post pictures to support my (wrong) arguments without using words. :idk:

bdog1321
05-01-2016, 05:19 PM
i kinda want to believe that kap is trolling but he's a patriots fan and patriots fans are nutso.

i think you could emotionally compromise a patriots fan to a greater degree by insulting tom brady than by killing their entire family.

Toledo
05-01-2016, 05:21 PM
i think you could emotionally compromise a patriots fan to a greater degree by insulting tom brady than by killing their entire family.

Non pats fan here. Can confirm, Brady is p good.

The Cheat
05-01-2016, 07:07 PM
i kinda want to believe that kap is trolling but he's a patriots fan and patriots fans are nutso.

I can find no fault with this. Well said.

Hulky
05-03-2016, 01:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oq88nFqJNY

Toledo
05-03-2016, 09:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oq88nFqJNY

Oh we've been strong, we're just playing by the rules. This chick fucks.

KickAssPlaya
05-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Well...I was just trolling. I'm not super crazy. But Romo is decent just needs to be able to take it to the next level. Get over that hump

Sanosuke
05-04-2016, 06:59 AM
If the cowboys had actual players in the secondary they'd be great.

endless
05-04-2016, 12:33 PM
Oh we've been strong, we're just playing by the rules. This chick fucks.

Chick?

Toledo
05-04-2016, 12:34 PM
Chick?

In the video

Toledo
05-13-2016, 12:49 PM
What's the word Hulky? (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2639519-nfl-owner-potential-raiders-move-to-las-vegas-gaining-steam-throughout-league)

bdog1321
05-17-2016, 03:36 PM
I'm excited for the jaguars to be good this year

Hulky
05-17-2016, 05:21 PM
I have stock in Las Vegas Sands who would be the partner if the Raiders moved to Vegas. Also have free suites and whatnot at most of the major hotels there. If they did move, I'd like Vegas more than just about any other place because I could do weekend trips to go see them. Also no state income tax could make them more competitive in FA/resignings.

Toledo
05-19-2016, 03:52 PM
There is no god.

Toledo
05-24-2016, 09:13 PM
Does anyone still run a TAO fantasy football league?

Hulky
05-24-2016, 10:58 PM
Yeah, Thunder. Also Jalen Ramsey is only missing a month now.

Toledo
05-25-2016, 09:56 AM
Yeah, Thunder. Also Jalen Ramsey is only missing a month now.

I saw that! I hope he stays healthy. Injuries are the ultimate anti-fun.

rainblade
06-02-2016, 02:54 PM
For all you Gronk/Patriots/New England/Massachusetts haters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y10hlVv3KRc

manonfire101
06-02-2016, 04:16 PM
Patriots have Dunkin iced Coffee. Broncos have the Lombardi Trophy. Everyone's happy I guess.

Hulky
06-02-2016, 04:26 PM
That's not what I imagined Boston/New England looking like at all dont worry I know tho

Hulky
06-25-2016, 01:33 AM
I tried to see NFL.com's fantasy rankings and accidentally joined an actual league. Anyways no autodrafters and 10 man.

QB: Ben Roethlisberger / Andrew Luck
RB: Todd Gurley / Matt Forte / Matt Jones / Paul Perkins / Shane Vereen
WR: Amari Cooper / TY Hilton / Randall Cobb / Kevin White
TE: Rob Gronkowski
K: Mason Crosby
DEF: Carolina / Minnesota

I think I'm pretty stacked. Pretty stoked for our league to renew and the year to kick off.

IROK
06-25-2016, 04:15 AM
I was pretty sad last year when I saw that I missed the league :(

Also, even though I can't stand the guy, Roethlisberger feels like he's gonna be in for a monster year. Can't get used to the thought of Pittsburgh being an offensive team.

Sanosuke
06-28-2016, 06:46 AM
I'm taking Todd Gurley in the first round if he's here at my pick and there isn't a stud QB

Greendaybum5
06-28-2016, 11:36 AM
I'm the idiot that traded gurley away too soon last year in my keeper league

Hulky
06-28-2016, 05:50 PM
I think Gurley is universally ranked top 5 so far.

The One
06-28-2016, 11:58 PM
Rodgers will probably be a nice bounce-back QB with his receiving corps back in tact (Nelson, Cobb, Adams).

bludhoundz
07-10-2016, 09:37 PM
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x395/13607051_1179311992115487_6046310547758135367_n.jp g?oh=abb7496305257717ea57c33cc855124b&oe=57FA8715

Hulky
07-14-2016, 03:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-56DZ3KROA

Sanosuke
07-15-2016, 12:13 AM
That shit was gold

Spencer 555
07-28-2016, 02:30 PM
Be honest with me guys... do the bills have any playoff chances this year?

Hulky
07-28-2016, 02:43 PM
Be honest with me guys... do the bills have any playoff chances this year?

They are a lower middle of the pack team with some big offensive issues at the moment, like Karlos Williams got fat in year 2 and Sammie Watkins is already hurt. Their QB is a one year wonder, but that was his first shot so maybe he pulls it off. They probably have the worst WR corps in the league, their RBs are talented but have issues (Shady with a cop and is older now, and Williams fat), and their oline has never been elite. Defensively they aren't super elite, but good enough to be a middle of the pack type team I think. I expect them to be around the worst teams unless some craziness happens like the QB takes another leap and Shady disproves age wears you down and the defense clicks as they can. Another issue is their first round pick is probably out the entire year with shoulder surgery.

Spencer 555
07-28-2016, 03:28 PM
Ok go greenbay!

Hulky
07-30-2016, 03:53 PM
I think the Chiefs LT deal was pretty awful. I don't see how Fisher is worth 10m+ a year. He's been lower average to garbage every year unless I'm missing something.

Hugh
07-30-2016, 06:51 PM
I agree, but they're likely only on the hook for one year and feel like they don't have anyone even worth taking a chance on. It is LT after all.

The Cheat
07-30-2016, 07:01 PM
Guys the popular deadspin.com series "why your NFL team sucks" has begun. Five have been done so far. Check back for more updates. I love this every year.

http://deadspin.com/tag/why-your-team-sucks-2016

Da Gyps
07-30-2016, 07:47 PM
Meh, he was improving towards the end of last year. We will see if it sticks. I don't hate the deal, as Chiefs deals go.

Hulky
07-30-2016, 09:40 PM
I agree, but they're likely only on the hook for one year and feel like they don't have anyone even worth taking a chance on. It is LT after all.

lol no
it's 4 years 48 mil.

40 mil is guaranteed. If they cut him whenever he still makes 10 mil per year. If he plays it out he makes 12 mil. They are 100% paying him 10mil+ a year whether they play him or cut him.

Hugh
07-31-2016, 07:54 PM
Holy
Fucking
Shit
I didn't know that, obviously. Weird.

The Cheat
07-31-2016, 08:11 PM
Most of the new deals are crazy stupid. I mean look at Von Miller's deal. Is he good? Damn right. If he worth to be paid THAT much? Fuck no. But hey...Denever is going to suck ass this year. If Pats don't win AFC...I will be shocked. :(

bludhoundz
07-31-2016, 08:19 PM
i mean its opinion whether someone deserves a certain amount of money. i think jj watt should be paid more, but with von miller he played lights out on the biggest stage. his team played great around him but he made the 2 biggest plays in the superbowl, and made some huge plays in the pats game. hes dynamite and i dont think they overpaid in the sense of how the market is right now. i think the issue is just the market has inflated on contracts and so forth, like ryan fitzpatrick doesnt deserve $12 mil guaranteed lol and dont get me started on bradford. does von miller deserve as much money as he got? probably not. but if you scale it compared to how everyone else is being paid, it's not that outlandish since at least he put in the work to deserve to be paid well

The Cheat
07-31-2016, 08:29 PM
Oh I totally agree 100%. The money is getting out of control in all sports. Baseball contacts...those make no damn sense.

manonfire101
07-31-2016, 08:44 PM
But hey...Denever is going to suck ass this year.

Wrong.

Hulky
07-31-2016, 09:24 PM
The thing that worries me most about Von Miller's contract is what the Raiders will have to pay for Khalil as they are probably in terms of sports contracts the best comps for a Khalil new deal, but then add another year or two of inflation. Like Championship yada yada in Miller's deal doesn't really mean much to any other deal that follows. Like Flacco post SB got 100+ mil and everyone said championship yada yada then people like Andy Dalton got 100m along with every other halfway decent QB. I'm nervous about how much Carr+Mack will cost and if it will compromise what the Raiders can do. I trust Reggie though.

Hugh
07-31-2016, 10:31 PM
The baseball contracts make a lot more sense than others. Baseball has no salary cap. Owners can give star players as much money as they want. It helps if you think of the players as entertainers instead of athletes. They are performing in front of a live audience and for millions on television, 3 hours a night, 6 nights a week. Star baseball players have their own 3 hour tv show every night, plus a live performance. What do the actors from Big Bang theory make per episode?
It's all entertainment. No matter how good you are at baseball or football or any game, you won't get paid unless people are watching.

The Cheat
08-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Wrong.

Explain. Every team goes down after winning SB. It is the natural order of things. Do I want Denver to suck? Nope. Do I think they will be just ok? Yep. 10-6 at best. Maybe 11-5.

The baseball contracts make a lot more sense than others. Baseball has no salary cap. Owners can give star players as much money as they want. It helps if you think of the players as entertainers instead of athletes. They are performing in front of a live audience and for millions on television, 3 hours a night, 6 nights a week. Star baseball players have their own 3 hour tv show every night, plus a live performance. What do the actors from Big Bang theory make per episode?
It's all entertainment. No matter how good you are at baseball or football or any game, you won't get paid unless people are watching.

No. Baseball players are pussies who hardly run, barely move during a boring ass game and never get touch.

Then again in my perfect word Baseball would have been outlawed years ago. it remains the only sport on tv that I refuse to watch. Plus NASCAR is that is a "sport."

Hulky
08-01-2016, 08:57 PM
I think the Broncos could be anywhere between hot garbage and 10-6. Really depends on QB to me and assuming the defense stays elite for 10-6.

Hugh
08-01-2016, 08:59 PM
None of that stuff matters, TC. Baseball players aren't competing in a triathlon every night or a cage fight. They're playing baseball. And every night people are watching them play baseball on tv and live in stadiums all over the country. It's entertainment, like I said. That's all that matters. No different than musicians putting on concerts or actors on a tv show.
Edit- I understand you not being into it. Makes sense to me. I find baseball relaxing and I like tracking the stats and I LOVE being at a game in the summer. I've always loved it. Lots of people do.

The Cheat
08-02-2016, 07:57 PM
I think the Broncos could be anywhere between hot garbage and 10-6. Really depends on QB to me and assuming the defense stays elite for 10-6.

Best way to put it. Well said.

None of that stuff matters, TC. Baseball players aren't competing in a triathlon every night or a cage fight. They're playing baseball. And every night people are watching them play baseball on tv and live in stadiums all over the country. It's entertainment, like I said. That's all that matters. No different than musicians putting on concerts or actors on a tv show.
Edit- I understand you not being into it. Makes sense to me. I find baseball relaxing and I like tracking the stats and I LOVE being at a game in the summer. I've always loved it. Lots of people do.

Can't be entertainment when it makes you fall asleep. But if they had cage fights...maybe.

Lots of people love it eh? Well...they are wrong. But enough of this. Let's talk about football.

Who wins AFC? Pats right? :(

How many games does Romo play?

IROK
08-02-2016, 09:19 PM

I don't see the defense letting up at all, really. It's still one of the best units in the league.

The problem is, QB situation aside, that schedule is not an easy one. Plenty of non-division games are going to be tough to decide, and of course, the division itself isn't going to be a cakewalk, especially given the improvement of the Raiders.

I think Denver is still capable of making the playoffs (as much as I hope Sanchez doesn't end up being the starter, he did go to the AFC championship game in consecutive seasons with less offensive talent), but like you, I can easily see the season being hot garbage. Of course, if the season is in shambles, it means Paxton Lynch can get some playing time.

Sanosuke
08-03-2016, 12:26 PM
Mark Sanchez is the best QB on that roster and it's not even dabatable. Idt Lynch should start until 2018 at the earliest.

Sanosuke
08-03-2016, 12:28 PM
Most of the new deals are crazy stupid. I mean look at Von Miller's deal. Is he good? Damn right. If he worth to be paid THAT much? Fuck no. But hey...Denever is going to suck ass this year. If Pats don't win AFC...I will be shocked. :(

Von Miller deserves to get paid like the best player in football because you can't really name someone that is better than him at what their given responsibilities are. Even if someone can then it'd be debatable at best.

manonfire101
08-03-2016, 07:33 PM
What happened to the Broncos that will make them dramatically worse? They lost Peyton Manning and Brock Osweiler? Here's their combined regular season stats from last season:

4216 Passing, 19 TD, 23 INT, 39 Sack, 77.15 PR, 46.9 QBR. They were one of the worst teams at the quarterback position last season. And while none of Siemien, Sanchez, or Lynch is the game manager that PM was, I don't think they can do a lot worse than that statistically.

Lost Evan Mathis and Ryan Clady (but Clady was injured last season). Signed Russell Okung.

Defensively lost Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Omar Bolden, and David Bruton. Those are the major departures. But they retained most of their defensive players from last season and still have the pieces to be one of the best teams in the league defensively.

I guess we'll see, but I don't see them taking a major step backwards. And they definitely aren't going to be hot garbage, as the Raiders fan says.

bludhoundz
08-03-2016, 09:02 PM
one thing to consider is how historically awesome last year's defense was. it really won games for them in which the offense did very little. if the offense isn't any better this year, i'm not really sensing how the defense can repeat last year especially missing some guys from the last squad. i still think the defense will be really good, so i expect them to be the favorites in the division but i just don't think it's gonna be quite as good as last year. in all honesty i have never seen a defensive line just feast the way that they did in the patriots game

The Cheat
08-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Von Miller deserves to get paid like the best player in football because you can't really name someone that is better than him at what their given responsibilities are. Even if someone can then it'd be debatable at best.

No defensive player should make more than a QB or any offensive player. Period.

Sanosuke
08-03-2016, 10:03 PM

Why? Von Miller is basically the QB of the Defense.

Hugh
08-04-2016, 12:50 AM

That's horseshit, TC. Doesn't even make sense. Any offensive player? I can see QB. QB is the one position where I can see the argument, but that's all. If we're talking about great players, every other position is debatable as far as importance.
And in this situation we're talking about Von Miller and Mark Sanchez. It's all about winning. We saw why Denver won the SB. It was Von Miller. He could have done that with basically anyone playing QB. Peyton Manning, Mark Sanchez or Tim Tebow.
Mark Sanchez sucks anyway. If he ever gets paid more than Von Miller just pull the blinds and lock the doors because the world is coming to an end.

The Cheat
08-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Ok ok ok. geez. I was tired and angry and I made a mistake. Should have said only QB.

Now i'm not saying EVERY QB needs to make all the money but come on. You tell me someone like Suh deserves all that money?

Fuck all ya. Geez.

Also fuck preason games. So unwatchable.

Hulky
08-04-2016, 08:08 PM
I agree with Cheat in terms of what he quoted. Sano said Miller deserve to be paid as the best player in the league. IMO QB goes higher regardless if QB isn't the best in the league. Like JJ Watt a couple years back was probably the best player in the league, but he didn't deserve Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady [without a pay cut] money. I think any non QB with ~100mil is pretty nuts. I guess as long as it doesn't screw your teams ability to put a competitive team on the field it doesn't matter though.

The Cheat
08-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Thank you hulky for saying what i meant only better. Well done.

IROK
08-05-2016, 05:36 AM
one thing to consider is how historically awesome last year's defense was. it really won games for them in which the offense did very little. if the offense isn't any better this year, i'm not really sensing how the defense can repeat last year especially missing some guys from the last squad. i still think the defense will be really good, so i expect them to be the favorites in the division but i just don't think it's gonna be quite as good as last year. in all honesty i have never seen a defensive line just feast the way that they did in the patriots game

Yeah, I think losing Trevaython was the biggest loss of the offseason. Malik Jackson sucks too, but what Trevaython brought to that defense was too much to replace. Shane Ray might be a big part of this season, but overall I think the run defense is going to be the biggest concern Denver has.

Personally, I hope Trevor Siemian wins the starting job, barring Paxton Lynch hyperbolic time chambers it out of nowhere. Sanchez has an interception problem (86-84 TD:INT is not something I want under center), abut the bigger thing is, in the past five seasons, he has shown us who he is as a player. At least Siemian is a relative unknown unless you watched Northwestern or follow the Broncos camp REALLY closely. If he can manage the game and not make any big risks, I think the offense as a whole can improve on last season, which really isn't a big accomplishment.

The best thing going for Denver this season, is the running game. Retaining Anderson is one thing, but with Hillman and Davontae Booker also in the backfield, I think Denver can keep coming at people with fresh legs, and really, put the game in the defense's hands. I think the best thing I've heard from anyone in this offseason to describe Denver's chances next year, it was that all the QB needs to do is perform well enough, and have a little bit of magic in maybe one or two games. As long as they don't have too many interceptions from whoever winds up under center , they should be put in position to win games.

None of the QBs on roster inspire much confidence in me for now, but I guess we'll have to see how things look in the preseason. Might at least be able to get a glimpse of who should be the starter.

Sanosuke
08-05-2016, 11:48 AM
I agree with Cheat in terms of what he quoted. Sano said Miller deserve to be paid as the best player in the league. IMO QB goes higher regardless if QB isn't the best in the league. Like JJ Watt a couple years back was probably the best player in the league, but he didn't deserve Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady [without a pay cut] money. I think any non QB with ~100mil is pretty nuts. I guess as long as it doesn't screw your teams ability to put a competitive team on the field it doesn't matter though.

I disagree. You pay your best player. More times than not it just happens to be a qb due to the nature of the league but many qbs are overpaid anyways. That's the issue with how contracts are these days.

manonfire101
08-05-2016, 02:14 PM
QB's get paid more because they play a position that can impact the game more than any other position. However, considering the shit-tier QB's the Broncos are currently employing, and considering that Von Miller is a stud who won the Super Bowl for Denver last season, I don't really mind paying him that much money.

Hulky
08-05-2016, 02:29 PM
I can see paying your best player, but not league wide. I don't think a Von Miller, JJ Watt, whatever elite defensive stud in flavor that year (Revis back before Tampa trade comes to mind) shouldn't be the #1 paid player in the league. Only a handful of teams will have that elite QB, if you don't then a Von Miller makes sense as your top paid player, but not -the- top paid player.

Like Broncos paying Miller makes sense because Sanchez is cheap, Siemian is essentially free, and Lynch is cheap for the next 4 years with a decent contract for the 5th if he works out. Paying Miller the big bucks there makes sense. However like the Raiders have a comparable player in Khalil Mack, but that contract (plus interest over year or two) doesn't make as much sense because securing Derek Carr for life is way more important imo. Ideally both get paid, but I think QB wins out in the scenario.

manonfire101
08-05-2016, 02:34 PM
But the Raiders didn't win the Super Bowl, and the Broncos don't have Derek Carr. If the Raiders had won the Super Bowl, and Khalil Mack had had the kind of performance that Von Miller had, he would be in line to make the kind of money that Von Miller is about to make, too. And would you be opposed to paying him if you didn't have Derek Carr on your roster?

I just don't think there was any way the Broncos couldn't have paid Miller after what he did last season and especially in the Super Bowl. Players who do that tend to get paid. I might not agree with it, but that's the way it is.

manonfire101
08-05-2016, 02:47 PM
But I mean beyond that it's important for the Broncos to reward players who do the kind of things Miller did.

1) Because it's a player incentive. Players know that if they play well they can make more money.
2) Because it helps with free agency. If the Broncos didn't pay Von Miller they would look a lot less appealing to free agent players.

Sanosuke
08-05-2016, 04:00 PM
I can see paying your best player, but not league wide. I don't think a Von Miller, JJ Watt, whatever elite defensive stud in flavor that year (Revis back before Tampa trade comes to mind) shouldn't be the #1 paid player in the league. Only a handful of teams will have that elite QB, if you don't then a Von Miller makes sense as your top paid player, but not -the- top paid player.

Like Broncos paying Miller makes sense because Sanchez is cheap, Siemian is essentially free, and Lynch is cheap for the next 4 years with a decent contract for the 5th if he works out. Paying Miller the big bucks there makes sense. However like the Raiders have a comparable player in Khalil Mack, but that contract (plus interest over year or two) doesn't make as much sense because securing Derek Carr for life is way more important imo. Ideally both get paid, but I think QB wins out in the scenario.

I disagree. You're not paying a player based on position outright. You're paying a player x dollars based on the impact they have on a game. I'd say von miller makes more of an impact than any player in the NFL right now probably not named Antonio Brown. Aaron Rodgers is amazing, but when he lost his WRs last year it sucked for him. Tom brady has played with some shitty WR corps. Hell i mean the panthers weren't even that good with WRs and Newton still put up numbers. QBs are always gonna put up numbers though. QB performances are inflated by volume. If I had a team, and my best player on my roster plays better than 99.99% of the league every week, why does it matter what side of the ball he plays on?

IROK
08-05-2016, 04:07 PM
I have no problem paying Von Miller that kind of money if I'm John Elway. There are players that are irreplaceable, because they only come out once every so often. He's an elite player, I don't think anyone can argue that. I don't think Denver wins the Superbowl without Von, this past season or otherwise. Guys like JJ Watt and Von Miller don't show up every year. Are they QBs? No, of course not, but give me the option of Miller, Watt, Kuechley, etc over 90% of the QBs any day. Look at how much guys like Kaepernick and Rivers got paid (and Kaepernick might not even be a starter anymore). Rivers is one of the top 5 highest paid players in terms of guaranteed money. Without question, I'd rather have Miller.

Da Gyps
08-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Posting for Sano

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:17227507

Hulky
08-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Supposedly the Seahawks have a basketball player that has never played a game of football on the offensive line in his life, running with the first team offensive line.

If that plays out and works, Pete Carroll coach of the year.

IROK
08-06-2016, 10:55 PM
Pete Carroll is definitely the guy I'd want to be my coach. Guy has too much energy. The Seahawks probably have more fun than anyone else in the league.

Sanosuke
08-07-2016, 09:45 AM
Posting for Sano

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:17227507
Flawless victory

Hulky
08-07-2016, 06:21 PM
I did my second fantasy draft:

QB:
NE T. Brady
DAL T. Romo

RB:
TB D. Martin
BUF L. McCoy
CHI J. Langford
DET A. Abdullah

WR:
DAL D. Bryant
HOU D. Hopkins
GB R. Cobb
NYG S. Shepard

TE:
CAR G. Olsen
JAX J. Thomas

K:
DAL D. Bailey

DST:
OAK Raiders
MIN Vikings

Hulky
08-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Heads up preseason starts today

The Cheat
08-11-2016, 08:05 PM
Ok legit question/plea

Somehow make me give a shit about preseason. I usually don't bother with it.

Hulky
08-11-2016, 08:06 PM
I just learned from preseason that this year touchbacks start at the 25 yard line this year instead of the 20.

manonfire101
08-11-2016, 10:46 PM
The Bears suck.

IROK
08-11-2016, 10:50 PM
The Bears suck.

Their o-line, specifically is pretty horrendous.

manonfire101
08-11-2016, 10:55 PM
Yes it is. 7 sacks. No Miller, no Ware.

Thought all 3 QB's looked okay tonight. But again it's preseason vs Chicago, so. I'll withhold judgement.

Hugh
08-11-2016, 11:19 PM
Ok legit question/plea

Somehow make me give a shit about preseason. I usually don't bother with it.

If you don't have a home or favorite team then I don't know. There are always players I'm watching with the Seahawks, to see how they look or if they make the team, but preseason football overall I don't care about. Like I won't watch any preseason games except the Seahawks.
I'll watch any regular season game. Any teams, backup QBs, London at 6 am, I don't give I shit. I'll watch it all.

IROK
08-11-2016, 11:47 PM
Yes it is. 7 sacks. No Miller, no Ware.

Thought all 3 QB's looked okay tonight. But again it's preseason vs Chicago, so. I'll withhold judgement.

The play that stood out to me most was the Siemian 22 yard hook up with Taylor right at the end of the second quarter to set up a FG. He looked good scrambling around and extending the play with his feet.

Hulky
08-12-2016, 01:16 PM
Yeah the Broncos QBs looking playable made me wicked scared for the "year the Chiefs or Raiders win the division and the other makes the playoffs". If one of those three (or worse all three and they get trade value down the road) works like a real QB the Broncos are back on top or near the top.

Hugh
08-12-2016, 09:38 PM
Just saw that return by Dwayne Washington ( UW ) for the Cowboys. That was nice.

The Cheat
08-12-2016, 11:14 PM
If you don't have a home or favorite team then I don't know. There are always players I'm watching with the Seahawks, to see how they look or if they make the team, but preseason football overall I don't care about. Like I won't watch any preseason games except the Seahawks.
I'll watch any regular season game. Any teams, backup QBs, London at 6 am, I don't give I shit. I'll watch it all.

I agree. During the season, I don't give a crap on who is on. I'll watch whatever. But preseason? Fuck it.

rainblade
08-13-2016, 09:00 PM
Ordered this today:
https://s4.postimg.org/81uwnpnxp/Screenshot_3480.png

http://fierytees.com/nepts for any Pats fans interested.

Lex
08-13-2016, 09:17 PM
That looks ugly and contextually makes no sense

rainblade
08-13-2016, 09:27 PM

lol, you're an idiot.

Da Gyps
08-13-2016, 10:04 PM
So how long before Dak attack is starting in Dallas? Week 2?

Only if Romo gets injured lol.

The Cheat
08-13-2016, 11:04 PM

Ya I don't get it either.

Dear Lord Cliche is a Pats fan? I now hate him 6555535621% more now.

Fuck you Cliche.

IROK
08-14-2016, 03:04 AM

Week 1. Romo gonna break his collarbone sometime soon and miss the year.

rainblade
08-14-2016, 03:14 AM
Ya I don't get it either.

Dear Lord Cliche is a Pats fan? I now hate him 6555535621% more now.

Fuck you Cliche.

Born and raised in New Hampshire. Don't blame me for being born where sports greatness was destined.

Sanosuke
08-14-2016, 03:17 AM
Destined is a bit much.

Spencer 555
08-14-2016, 09:18 AM
The New Hampshire Fisher Cats are pretty good lately.

Da Gyps
08-14-2016, 02:27 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cp1wQhFWYAAeO8N.jpg

Hugh
08-14-2016, 02:59 PM
Awesome.:)

bludhoundz
08-19-2016, 07:46 AM
http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/14089143_10154490157767502_6233560042869204329_n-500x489.jpg

Da Gyps
08-19-2016, 10:54 PM
I know it's preseason I really do, but DAK ATTACK.

Hulky
08-19-2016, 11:15 PM
I'm happy he got his DUI so he dropped outta Broncos consideration in the first. Would not like to play against that guy on a team as loaded as the Broncos.

bdog1321
08-20-2016, 01:26 AM
darren sharper sentenced to 18 years in prison for drugging and raping at least 16 girls. holy shit. that puts a little tint on the old DARREN SHARPER RUNNIN WIT A BROKEN LEG video.

also the broncos were considering him in the first? huh

Hulky
08-20-2016, 02:22 AM
Greg Jennings was running with a broken leg, Darren Sharper was the one of the hardest hitting safeties in the league... but whiffed on the goal line tackle.

Also I met Darren Sharper before and he was an asshole.

Da Gyps
08-25-2016, 10:11 PM

Week 1!!!!

Hugh
08-25-2016, 10:28 PM
Dak looks pretty damn good.

Da Gyps
08-25-2016, 10:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqwIMy_UkAILI68.jpg

Dak looks pretty damn good.

He's a badass studboss elite flamethrower.

Not sure how he will hold up over an entire season, especially once there is more NFL film of him for coaches to work with but right now he sure is exciting and shows potential.

Da Gyps
08-25-2016, 10:35 PM
Dak and Zeke read option! That pud Cowboys coach should call up Urbs and Snyds for advice. Invert that veer.

Hugh
08-25-2016, 10:50 PM
Dak and Zeke read option! That pud Cowboys coach should call up Urbs and Snyds for advice. Invert that veer.

You're babbling, Gypsy. Stay focused. The season hasn't even started yet.

bdog1321
08-25-2016, 11:26 PM
romo is definitely hurt bad

bludhoundz
08-26-2016, 07:36 AM
bad sign of things to come though

also that TD pass by Russell Wilson was beautiful

Da Gyps
08-26-2016, 07:51 AM
You're babbling, Gypsy. Stay focused. The season hasn't even started yet.

I got excited last night. I'm sober now.

bdog1321
08-26-2016, 02:13 PM
bad sign of things to come though

also that TD pass by Russell Wilson was beautiful

probably

Da Gyps
08-26-2016, 03:10 PM
Romo is always injured.

Hugh
08-26-2016, 05:18 PM
Romo has a surgically repaired back and broke his collar bone twice last year. And he's old. He won't make it through this season. The good news is it looks like they found his replacement, but Cowboy should accept the fact that Tony Romo is on his last leg.

bdog1321
08-26-2016, 05:28 PM
he should just retire

Hulky
08-26-2016, 05:45 PM
I think Romo is more likely to miss games to injury than Tom Brady by quite a bit, but probably on par with Big Ben/Rodgers.

bdog1321
08-26-2016, 08:24 PM
DeAngelo hall is one of the dirtiest players in the league. Fuck that guy

Hugh
08-26-2016, 09:07 PM
I thought our regulars were a cut above the average fan and wouldn't buy the stupid popular opinion regarding romo's health. The guy has missed more than 3 games twice in his career. The hit he took last night would have made any qb go out of a preseason game. They aren't going to risk a star player's health in a meaningless game. He isn't injured and isn't any more likely to be than a Rodgers or Brady or Roethlisberger. Please desist with this stupid flawed narrative about "always-injured romo"

You're not being logical, bdog. It's that simple. There's no bandwagon to jump on here. It's simply is what it is. Romo has a terrible back and broke his collar bone twice last year, and he's 36 years old. That's all I'm looking at.
He is very tough and has been very durable and is a very good QB. Those points aren't even questionable in my mind. But every player is healthy until he isn't. Every player is durable until he isn't.
Every player is young until he isn't.
Every player can play until he can't, and I think this season is that time for Romo.

Da Gyps
08-26-2016, 09:10 PM
Nailed it Hugh. FT is creeping up on Romo. Obviously I can't tell him how to live his life but he would probably be better served to retire soon so he doesn't end up like Peyton.

Maverik
08-26-2016, 09:54 PM
yea, what a sucker retiring after winning a Super Bowl at 39

would hate to be like that loser

Da Gyps
08-26-2016, 10:24 PM
yea, what a sucker retiring after winning a Super Bowl at 39

would hate to be like that loser

You know what I mean but in case you don't, I'll explain. It may have been worth it to Peyton, I am not inside of his head, but physically he is in really shitty shape.

Da Gyps
08-26-2016, 10:25 PM
I mean clearly it WAS worth it to Peyton, since he went around seeking second and third opinions until he heard what he wanted to hear.

Maverik
08-26-2016, 10:46 PM
of course I know what you mean

he was ass that last year

I just think he's kind of a bad example since he technically came out a winner

Da Gyps
08-26-2016, 10:52 PM
Fair enough.

The Cheat
08-26-2016, 11:23 PM
Damn mav posted. Good.

So who are you guys SB picks and why?

bdog1321
08-27-2016, 12:22 AM
You're not being logical, bdog. It's that simple. There's no bandwagon to jump on here. It's simply is what it is. Romo has a terrible back and broke his collar bone twice last year, and he's 36 years old. That's all I'm looking at.
He is very tough and has been very durable and is a very good QB. Those points aren't even questionable in my mind. But every player is healthy until he isn't. Every player is durable until he isn't.
Every player can play until he can't, and I think this season is that time for Romo.

i agree, romo will definitely get hurt again

Hulky
08-27-2016, 04:41 AM
Damn mav posted. Good.

So who are you guys SB picks and why?

I'd be kinda surprised if the NFC team isn't Cardinals, Panthers or Packers. The other NFC competition I think would be the Seahawks, but I see them as a wildcard after the Cardinals so that's one more game they'd have to push through. Another I could see is the Giants if those FA defensive guys all click in their new environment.

AFC I think is more of an anyone can make it. Only AFC teams I think without a shot are the Bills, Chargers, Colts, Browns, Ravens, and Dolphins. I could theoretically see the Dolphins making it though if the Pats go 0-4 without Brady and the Dolphins actually put it all together I just don't think that's likely at all.

If I had to pick one match up for the SB I think I'd roll with the Cardinals who are imo the most balanced team with elite coaching in the NFL, and I expect them to win it all, and either the Raiders or the Jaguars for the AFC in sort of a outta no where hot young team like the Panthers last year. Both have vastly improved defenses and young hopefully developed QBs and some legit offensive weapons (Oakland Oline more so and Jacksonville skill players moreso).

Maverik
08-27-2016, 07:40 AM
I would bet good money Oakland makes the playoffs this year. I don't know how well they'll do after that, but I'm excited for them. I think if they can split their series with Denver that they may even win the division.

bludhoundz
08-27-2016, 09:23 AM
bdog I'll tell you why he's more injury prone than other guys his age.

He still tries to make Brett Favre-esque plays. The Tony Romo magic that's made him who he is, evading sacks and scrambling out of the pocket to make the play on third down. Tom Brady doesn't try to do that, he just goes down. Brees too for the most part. Romo got hit on one of those plays on Thursday. He's a competitor and he still wants to play, but he has to accept that he's at a higher risk at this age both because his body can't take hits the same and because athletically he's not juking guys like he used to. What I think is he's gotta figure that out really quick or he's gonna get himself hurt trying to be a hero.

The Cheat
08-27-2016, 12:49 PM
Brady and Pats will play with so much rage, I don't see anyone beating them until SB.

bdog1321
08-27-2016, 01:24 PM
bdog I'll tell you why he's more injury prone than other guys his age.

He still tries to make Brett Favre-esque plays. The Tony Romo magic that's made him who he is, evading sacks and scrambling out of the pocket to make the play on third down. Tom Brady doesn't try to do that, he just goes down. Brees too for the most part. Romo got hit on one of those plays on Thursday. He's a competitor and he still wants to play, but he has to accept that he's at a higher risk at this age both because his body can't take hits the same and because athletically he's not juking guys like he used to. What I think is he's gotta figure that out really quick or he's gonna get himself hurt trying to be a hero.

I'll grant you that's a pretty good point but it's a far cry from what most are saying about him

bdog1321
08-27-2016, 02:48 PM
Jesus fuck me

_Thunder_
08-27-2016, 02:49 PM
romo is fine, just precautionary. if it was a regular season game he'd be playing.

Jason Garrett: Tony Romo has broken bone in his back

bdog1321
08-27-2016, 03:25 PM
Jason Garrett: Tony Romo has broken bone in his back

http://i.imgur.com/9BsKyPC.jpg

Hulky
08-27-2016, 03:38 PM
bdog with that bad look posting now romo is out 6-10 weeks off said hit lol

bdog1321
08-27-2016, 03:45 PM
bdog with that bad look posting now romo is out 6-10 weeks off said hit lol

i don't know what you're talking about i predicted this look at my posts

Da Gyps
08-27-2016, 03:47 PM
So I believe it was Manon that said the Bears suck. 100% agree. Their offense might be historically bad.

Da Gyps
08-27-2016, 03:47 PM
RIP Cowboys fans

Hulky
08-27-2016, 03:58 PM
I don't get why the Bears would be awful they have a lot of talent.
Langford is pretty good, I like Paul Lasike if he makes the team as a FB from BYU. Alshon and Kevin White is potentially one of the better WR Duos and if they develop rookie Daniel Braverman he can become a fucking awesome slot guy (check out his juke-y college highlights in space, he's a wizard Harry). Zach Miller made some nice plays with Cutler who can be good sometimes. Kyle Long and Whitehair is a good guard combo, but the rest of the line kinda blows.

If they were just smart enough to abandon the 3-4 and roll with the Seattle 4-3 Under system (like the Raiders, Jags and Falcons have moved to) they'd have great talent for it.

5 tech: (The Red Bryant position) Jonathan Bullard / LaMarr Houston
1 tech: (Huge Nose Tackle) Eddie Goldman
3 tech: (The Michael Bennett under tackle position) Will Sutton / LaMarr Houston
9 tech: (out wide Pass rusher) Pernell McPhee
SLB: (Bruce Irvin position) Leonard Floyd / Sam Acho
MLB: Danny Trevathan / Christian Jones
WLB: Jerrell Freeman / Willie Young

Their DB group blows though Amos and Fuller are pretty decent for young guys.

Hugh
08-27-2016, 04:09 PM

Thought I'd just post this again.

Da Gyps
08-27-2016, 04:16 PM
I don't get why the Bears would be awful they have a lot of talent.
Langford is pretty good, I like Paul Lasike if he makes the team as a FB from BYU. Alshon and Kevin White is potentially one of the better WR Duos and if they develop rookie Daniel Braverman he can become a fucking awesome slot guy (check out his juke-y college highlights in space, he's a wizard Harry). Zach Miller made some nice plays with Cutler who can be good sometimes. Kyle Long and Whitehair is a good guard combo, but the rest of the line kinda blows.

If they were just smart enough to abandon the 3-4 and roll with the Seattle 4-3 Under system (like the Raiders, Jags and Falcons have moved to) they'd have great talent for it.

5 tech: (The Red Bryant position) Jonathan Bullard / LaMarr Houston
1 tech: (Huge Nose Tackle) Eddie Goldman
3 tech: (The Michael Bennett under tackle position) Will Sutton / LaMarr Houston
9 tech: (out wide Pass rusher) Pernell McPhee
SLB: (Bruce Irvin position) Leonard Floyd / Sam Acho
MLB: Danny Trevathan / Christian Jones
WLB: Jerrell Freeman / Willie Young

Their DB group blows though Amos and Fuller are pretty decent for young guys.

It's hard to be good when your QB sucks.

bdog1321
08-27-2016, 04:32 PM
Thought I'd just post this again.

Yeah but I would break my back too if I took that hit

Hugh
08-30-2016, 07:48 PM
RIP Teddy Bridgewater's knee. Fucking brutal.

The Cheat
08-30-2016, 08:00 PM
RIP Teddy Bridgewater's knee. Fucking brutal.

Hope a video or pic of it happening comes out soon.

Da Gyps
08-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Whyyyyyyyyyy Cheat?

Burnout278
08-31-2016, 02:56 AM
:(
Well :(

Sanosuke
08-31-2016, 08:25 AM
inb4 Vick to Minnesota

Da Gyps
08-31-2016, 11:50 AM
Whyyyyyyyyyy Cheat?

Please answer. Why would you want to see visuals of this?

The Cheat
08-31-2016, 07:36 PM
Whyyyyyyyyyy Cheat?

Want to see what went down since he wasn't even touched.

Please answer. Why would you want to see visuals of this?

Why not? Good to see ONE time and then never, ever again.

Hulky
08-31-2016, 08:41 PM
It's the injury where the knee separates then a ligament tears. Would look like a wobbly leg basically especially with the elastic pants they wear unless something crazy like bone through skin or something happened which I don't think happened.

Gryph
09-01-2016, 12:31 AM
It's the injury where the knee separates then a ligament tears. Would look like a wobbly leg basically especially with the elastic pants they wear unless something crazy like bone through skin or something happened which I don't think happened.

It did. He ruptured his ACL and dislocated his knee cap joint. Tibiofemoral dislocation.

https://twitter.com/CardSoHard93/status/771000357266812928/photo/1

According to the people there, if the training staff didn't react as quickly as they did, there's an insanely high amputation rate with them. They saved his leg, and possibly his carrer.

Hulky
09-01-2016, 12:57 AM
Yeah that's what one looks like, but that's not his. They can go different ways and the bone can stay within the skin and bruise/swell like a motherfucker or it can penetrate and he a gorey mess.

Hulky
09-01-2016, 05:28 PM
I'm going to my first Raiders game of the year tomorrow (had a fantasy draft for preseason week 3, and I have another for today but #yolo). Excited for the year to kick off.

The Cheat
09-01-2016, 08:45 PM
My brother named his fantasy team "Dak to the future."

#bancliche

Hugh
09-01-2016, 08:52 PM
That's a good name.

Hugh
09-01-2016, 10:32 PM
I wish TO was still around do he could tell us what he thinks about this Kaepernick shit.

Gryph
09-01-2016, 10:42 PM
I wish TO was still around do he could tell us what he thinks about this Kaepernick shit.

His friends are sharing shitty political photos on FB and he's scratching his shitty beard going "This is so true, I'm going to share it to"

Da Gyps
09-01-2016, 10:53 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Gryph again.

Destroyyyyyeeeddddddd. That's what I was gonna rep with.

rainblade
09-02-2016, 03:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pV7PFY_7n8

Von is such a good sport. :)

Hulky
09-02-2016, 03:19 PM
That kinda reminds me of Ladainian Tomlinson's attempt at a music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GExIu9-QXbI

Greendaybum5
09-03-2016, 11:11 AM
Wowwww Howie Roseman - can't believe he made that deal happen. Only people happier than eagles fans are Browns fans....browns very well may have #1 and #2 picks in this draft

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 12:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Crcavj8XYAAABad.jpg

The Cheat
09-03-2016, 01:24 PM
While they gave too much, it was better than having NO QB at all which the vikings found themselves in.

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 01:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrcpGwBVUAA5Zvm.jpg

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 04:20 PM
RIP Bdog

Hugh
09-03-2016, 05:42 PM
I think Bradford to the Vikings is really interesting. They might actually be ok, or even better than that.

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Pretty sure bradford is trash and is not any better than what shaun hill would do. Bradford literally has one week to learn an entire playbook.

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 06:10 PM
Pretty sure bradford is trash and is not any better than what shaun hill would do. Bradford literally has one week to learn an entire playbook.

Shaun Hill is mildly better statistically check my last post here.

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 06:15 PM
I wish knew a site that covered QB performances that were traded 1 week before the start of the season to see how they did versus QBs traded before training camp started.

Hugh
09-03-2016, 06:30 PM

You might be right. If Bradford blows his knee out again it'll be Shaun Hill anyway.
I just think it's worth a shot, maybe even worth the pick. AP is still elite but he's at that age where any season could be his last. They have a great defense. They were a playoff team last year that should have beaten Seattle. They're tough.
They can't just run with a 36 year old career backup at the helm. He gets hurt and then what? It might come to that, but that can't be the plan going in. Bradford might not be any better statistically but he does have real arm talent. He can makes throws Hill just can't make. There's just more upside. They know exactly who Hill is and what he can do, more importantly what he can't do. With Bradford there's still a chance he could have that breakout year.
With that line and running game, maybe he'll blow up and play like a #1 overall for once.
That's some pretty deep horseshit, I know.:)
Honestly though, I get why they're doing it.

Hulky
09-03-2016, 07:01 PM
How do the Eagles QBs always demand so fucking much? The only one that was worth a lot was McNabb, but they didn't let him move until he was finished.

Hulky
09-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Also how does Bradford have the market for over a first round pick and All Pro Guard Josh Sitton with a 6.5m contract can't get traded for even a 7th so they cut him?!

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 07:29 PM
You might be right. If Bradford blows his knee out again it'll be Shaun Hill anyway.
I just think it's worth a shot, maybe even worth the pick. AP is still elite but he's at that age where any season could be his last. They have a great defense. They were a playoff team last year that should have beaten Seattle. They're tough.
They can't just run with a 36 year old career backup at the helm. He gets hurt and then what? It might come to that, but that can't be the plan going in. Bradford might not be any better statistically but he does have real arm talent. He can makes throws Hill just can't make. There's just more upside. They know exactly who Hill is and what he can do, more importantly what he can't do. With Bradford there's still a chance he could have that breakout year.
With that line and running game, maybe he'll blow up and play like a #1 overall for once.

It's not like they'd ask Hill to make any throw they wouldn't ask of Teddy Bridgewater. They throw just as far.

Hugh
09-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Not talking about how far they can throw. All QBs are not created equal. You know that. Bradford is younger, stronger and has more arm talent, in my opinion.

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 08:22 PM
When you're 12 games below .500 as a starting QB idgaf about your arm talent

Hulky
09-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Vikings are easily the only talented team Bradford has been on though. I bet Bradford's better than Bridgewater.

Sanosuke
09-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Austin Davis won football games with the rams.

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 08:29 PM
Austin Davis won football games with the rams.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/8cd9b2ec99015f6c45206dc3858e9ba1/tumblr_ncvkcjCDG31sodwato1_400.gif

bdog1321
09-03-2016, 08:38 PM
RIP Bdog

Why

bdog1321
09-03-2016, 08:41 PM

Get why =/= good move

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Why

Mark Sanchez.

bdog1321
09-03-2016, 08:47 PM
He will never see the field except for when we're up by 50

Da Gyps
09-03-2016, 08:48 PM
He is going to butt fumble away a critical game and the internet will implode.

Mantis
09-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Didn't even know this thread existed. Are we doing a pick em this year?

Hugh
09-04-2016, 11:59 PM
I think it's a good move considering the Vikings situation and options, bdog.

Hulky
09-05-2016, 02:01 AM
Packers cut Sitton (all pro Guard) because $6.5mil was too much. Now he signs for ~$7mil per year for the Bears. I can't remember a bigger fuck up for the Packers.