Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game Board

What if we removed blocking chances and instead made armor much more potent in terms of damage mitigation, but units don't benefit from armor unless attacked from the front. (Or maybe half armor benefit from the side, no armor from behind). This would eliminate luck while still allowing for strategy based off of what side you attack from. Maybe after blocking two or three attacks, their armor is 'exposed' and the next hit on them regardless of direction does not benefit from armor.

Maybe in the flat area in front could be like 3 tiles of dark sea or something to blend into a black background for like chat area and whatnot. The top flat area we could set themes like trees of buildings up there with a back drop of mountains in the distance or sky or whatever.

That or just cut all the flat areas off to have it float in nothingness like TAO did.

Anyways I made this on right side up

That board with a texture added (on the sides and the tile dividers)

Quote Originally Posted by Toledo View Post
    What if we removed blocking chances and instead made armor much more potent in terms of damage mitigation, but units don't benefit from armor unless attacked from the front. (Or maybe half armor benefit from the side, no armor from behind). This would eliminate luck while still allowing for strategy based off of what side you attack from. Maybe after blocking two or three attacks, their armor is 'exposed' and the next hit on them regardless of direction does not benefit from armor.
    Depends on whether we want to be more like chess or not. I appreciate an element of randomness, though I agree we could do with a little less luck than what original TAO was offering up with its blocking percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by rainblade View Post
    Depends on whether we want to be more like chess or not. I appreciate an element of randomness, though I agree we could do with a little less luck than what original TAO was offering up with its blocking percentages.
    DSM side block feels bad man...

Quote Originally Posted by Toledo View Post
    DSM side block feels bad man...
    Nothing worse than losing a game cuz of some bullshit like that, I agree.

If the new game does have an rng blocking system, maybe just make it so that mage units can't block and adjust their hp accordingly...

Thread Information