Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
I think people were thinking more along the lines of an app/mobile game in HTML 5. It's portable and easier to play on the go, as most people will. What do you think?
So I did a bit more research last night before Game of Thrones. Unity does let you port the game client to HTML5/WebGL, however Javascript is inherently single-threaded and dynamic code generation does not exist.

One of the limitations would then be Client/Server communication. That means we'll have to use web-sockets or some other kind of connectivity to actually get the game online. Think about how Units were distributed via randomly being propped up by the server in 1 batch as in "If you are currently in a match and win, you will receive 1 mud golem." We may be forced to go down that same path if we use an in-browser game versus say individual games having a chance to proc a unit.

Right now, I have a development server in NYC running 24/7 and I use a clustered multi-thread pool to maintain connections. I'm going to keep on building out the game server and also work some on the client this next week. Hopefully, in 2 to 3 weeks we'll have a playable alpha for some of you all to try out

Ideally, it would be awesome to have both versions... a lite-version built into a browser as well as a more full-featured game that is downloadable