Page 115 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1462

Thread: For NBA fans

Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    Well, all of those guys stats basically doubled with the patriots from the previous year, so I wouldn't exactly say they were the 2nd best player in the league. They also all came from losing teams and the Pats weren't considered the best team in the league. Combined with being a completely different sport, where individuals don't matter as much, I don't really get the comparison.
    Would easily argue this if this were the NFL thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    why is Lebron the foregone conclusion over Kobe defensively?

not sure if there is some stat to justify that, but I would take Kobe over Lebron for shutdown defender

Kobe wouldn't have gotten crossed by Curry like that.

also, TO send me your shipping address
    LeBron has more total defensive win shares, ave DWS, and peak DWS, and better defensive statistics across the board. LeBron can also guard a wider variety of players. And curry double dribbled. Lol. "Shut down defender" is entirely subjective. Literally the only statistic LeBron loses in is total rings and FT percentage. But Kobe was the best player on only 2 championship teams while LeBron was the best on 3. Kobe is probably a better clutch player... I'd rather have him taking the last shot. But I'd take LeBron to build a dynasty around.

he's a physical specimen, he'll always have that over everybody

the guarding a wider variety of players is obviously huge and kind of hard to compare across the board with... anybody seeing as he's a fucking Maserati in the body of a tank

What does that have to do with anything? I would be fine if he went somewhere else. Lmao.
    @TheOne: also, I rooted against the warriors two years prior just because they were the heavy favorites. I had nothing against what they were doing though. This season was just a technicality because of what KD did, which is not fun for anyone except GSW fanboys apparently.
    I'm sorry that KD was attracted to Golden State's organization, and wanted to play with a selfless team that instilled a winning mentality? You would be stoked as fuck too if you grew up as a Warriors fan to see how far they've come. Don't be one of those "it's not fair!" whiners. If other organizations can't eventually adapt to what the Warriors are doing, they have nobody but themselves to blame.

The Warriors didn't need KD to beat the Cavaliers. Plus, 3 of the 4 all-stars were drafted and homegrown within the Warriors. Was it fun for you when James, Bosh, Wade, and Allen were all playing on the Heat in a cupcake conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    TO send me your shipping address
    PM'd. Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    Don't be one of those "it's not fair!" whiners. If other organizations can't eventually adapt to what the Warriors are doing, they have nobody but themselves to blame.
    Yeah man, lemme tell you how organizations like the Pacers, Bucks, Jazz, and Timberwolves are gonna get four all-stars. Better make sure I keep blaming myself when I don't have major market money.

EDIT: There's literally no way to "adapt" to what the Warriors did. You cannot simply "adapt" to having 2 of the top 5 scorers in the league on one team, considering they're also former MVPs. There's only much you can do to even compete with the sheer talent gap the Warriors have over everyone else. If it were so easy to 'adapt', the Warriors wouldn't have pranced into the Finals without taking an L.

As far as your cupcake conference remark, please refer to my prancing into the Finals line. If the only team capable of giving the Warriors a Loss in the NBA Playoffs, where subjectively the best remaining teams play, came from the East, you could debate what's actually "cupcake" and what isn't.

The time that Love and Irving were healthy but Durant wasn't on the Warriors resulted in a Cavs title but they didn't need Durant, lol.

Yeah, here's the list of active players with an MVP.

Curry
    Durant
    James
    Rose
    Nowitzki

Not only is it a joke Rose won in the first place he's damaged goods. And Nowitzki is old as hell. So there's no way for any other team to have two former MVPs.

LeBron shaved his head. I might switch sides from hater to fan now. Why something like this would change my mind, I have no idea.

Also, the NBA is fucking boring. I love basketball, it's a great sport. But this league is fucked. There's no parity and no balance. Do any teams besides Golden State and Cleveland even have a legitimate shot to make it to the finals next year? Maybe the Spurs if they get CP3? Like this is actually stupid. James has been to 7 finals in a row. SEVEN. I get that he's the best player in the league, but that shouldn't be enough. He's always joining teams with other superstars. People say it's dumb to compare KD's move to the Golden State to James going to Miami. But it isn't. It's the same concept, even if what KD did was way more extreme. If the NBA doesn't do something then we're just gonna see this same cycle repeat over and over with a few teams owning for stretches and the rest of the league being practically irrelevant. Although it now occurs to me that it might have been this way the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Yeah man, lemme tell you how organizations like the Pacers, Bucks, Jazz, and Timberwolves are gonna get four all-stars. Better make sure I keep blaming myself when I don't have major market money.

EDIT: There's literally no way to "adapt" to what the Warriors did. You cannot simply "adapt" to having 2 of the top 5 scorers in the league on one team, considering they're also former MVPs. There's only much you can do to even compete with the sheer talent gap the Warriors have over everyone else. If it were so easy to 'adapt', the Warriors wouldn't have pranced into the Finals without taking an L.

As far as your cupcake conference remark, please refer to my prancing into the Finals line. If the only team capable of giving the Warriors a Loss in the NBA Playoffs, where subjectively the best remaining teams play, came from the East, you could debate what's actually "cupcake" and what isn't.
    3 of the 4 Allstars were acquired through the draft, then developing them. It took more than one year for Curry, Thompson, and Green to start realizing their potential. It's not an overnight fix. Other teams need to be smarter with the draft and their front office personnel. Don't try to pretend like the Warriors are only good because they throw money at every player on their team. That's weak.

There is a way to compete with the Warriors - but it requires killing it in the draft and player development with the right management and coaching.

Don't make me laugh about the soft Eastern Conference. The only real challenge the Warriors faced were the Spurs in both regular and post season. They should have won Game 1 in the playoffs. I'd actually take the Rockets and Spurs over the Cavaliers in a best of 7 series.

Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    The time that Love and Irving were healthy but Durant wasn't on the Warriors resulted in a Cavs title but they didn't need Durant, lol.
    Don't be stupid. You're citing the Finals series the Cavaliers won where Curry, Bogut, and Iguodala were hurt, and Green suspended a game? With all that going on the Cavaliers still needed a near-perfect execution to pull it off.

Warriors win with or without Durant. KD just basically guarantees it.

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    LeBron shaved his head. I might switch sides from hater to fan now. Why something like this would change my mind, I have no idea.

Also, the NBA is fucking boring. I love basketball, it's a great sport. But this league is fucked. There's no parity and no balance. Do any teams besides Golden State and Cleveland even have a legitimate shot to make it to the finals next year? Maybe the Spurs if they get CP3? Like this is actually stupid. James has been to 7 finals in a row. SEVEN. I get that he's the best player in the league, but that shouldn't be enough. He's always joining teams with other superstars. People say it's dumb to compare KD's move to the Golden State to James going to Miami. But it isn't. It's the same concept, even if what KD did was way more extreme. If the NBA doesn't do something then we're just gonna see this same cycle repeat over and over with a few teams owning for stretches and the rest of the league being practically irrelevant. Although it now occurs to me that it might have been this way the whole time.
    This isn't really a problem for the NBA. It's always been this way. 80's you had Celtics and Lakers, with the 76ers and Pistons sprinkled on the outside.

90's you had the Bulls and the 2 years the Rockets won without MJ.

00's you had the Spurs and Lakers, followed by the birth of Superteams in the Boston Celtics.

2010's you had the Heat/LeBron era mixed with the Warriors.

The reason the NBA has soared regardless of little parity is because individuals matter 20x more compared to other sports, especially the NFL. Dont get me wrong, there are quite a few (including prognosticators and analysts) people who thought the season was boring, but there were many people who still liked to watch greatness (however it was formed). Curry, Durant, Kyrie, LeBron...average fans care more about them than their teams. The NBA knows this, and while they would like more parity, at this moment they don't need it.

Thread Information