Page 107 of 147 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1462

Thread: For NBA fans

The Warriors weren't up 3-0 last year, it was 2-0, then 2-1, then 3-1. And no NBA team has ever lost a playoff series after being up 3-0 (like 126-0 IIRC). This team sure isn't going to be the one to do it.

I guess I should watch more basketballs

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Also, I'm sure Durant is going to win Finals MVP because of what he's doing, but please don't forget how important Steph is to this team. People like to bag on him whenever they get a chance, but he makes the whole thing tick. Remember the multiple times in Game 1 where Cleveland left the lane wide open for Durant to dunk because they were too busy trying to cover Steph for a 3? Take a look at the plus-minus for the series:

Player +/- Total Minutes
    Curry 52 110
    Green 40 94
    Durant 37 119
    Thompson 35 114
    Iguodala 33 82
    Pachulia 16 41

Plus-minus isn't all that matters, obviously. But it's interesting that Curry can separate himself from Durant's tally so much despite them being on the floor together so often.

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    It's not that simple Sano. If you take Love and Irving out, that gives you about 35-40 more shots to distribute to other players. While they aren't as individually talented as those 2, role players can usually play better with better rhythm (easy to play better when you know you're getting shots) and when you have LeBron, he can generate a lot of open shots for teammates to further enhance their value. That is not something debatable, LeBron has literally done this multiple times throughout his career. Also, with a LeBron heavy offense, his teams tend to focus more on defense, which hasn't been great the past two years, especially this year. The team he took to the finals without Love and Irving hobbled was pretty great defensively.

I don't think LeBron without Irving and Love makes the finals in the east, but it's debatable. And that's pretty impressive.
    So you think that people who are intentionally made role players are good enough to produce enough to make up for the absence of Irving and Love if they were full time starters? If this was the case then they wouldn't be role players.

More to the Steph point:

Steph Curry is averaging 28.7 PPG, 9.7 RPG and 9.0 APG in the Finals and might not sniff Finals MVP. - from Micah Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    So you think that people who are intentionally made role players are good enough to produce enough to make up for the absence of Irving and Love if they were full time starters? If this was the case then they wouldn't be role players.
    Normally no. LeBron changes things dramatically though. He makes everybody better not only with his passing, but his ability to draw the entire defense's attention. Plus there are a lot of other nuances that go into it.

Kyrie would also be a lot better, but he's kinda stupid, or rather takes a lot of stupid shots. The Warriors were like this before Steve Kerr, once they cleaned that up they took off.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    More to the Steph point:

Steph Curry is averaging 28.7 PPG, 9.7 RPG and 9.0 APG in the Finals and might not sniff Finals MVP. - from Micah Adams
    I've argued Steph is the most important player hands down and it's still true. Durant will win MVP though because not only does he have great numbers, but he had his moment in the 4 th quarter of game 3.

How's this for mvp deserving.

In 46 minutes with LeBron on the floor the cavs were a +7. In 2 minutes with LeBron sitting, the cavs were -12.

Also, Durant looked pretty bad last night other then the 4th quarter. I'd say he has a way to go still before we start talking about him as the best player in the league. Been pretty annoyed with all the hype in the media the last few days about Durant.

That cliche comment got me triggered lol.

Who does Cleveland add to the team in the future to try and combat GS?

Get rid of love and the bench and add quicker defenders?

Thread Information