Page 110 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1462

Thread: For NBA fans

Surviving

If they come back now the NBA is scripted.

Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    Missed the game what did they do?
    Some guy sitting court side got kicked out. Not sure if he said something specific, or tried to enter the court, or what. During one stoppage on play to review a foul. It was really chippy, and the fans were booing most everything. I kept noticing some big sweaty d-bag sitting front row under the basket who would jump out of his seat to holler at the Warriors if they missed a shot or turned it over. The look on his face reminded me of the Yankees fan who interfered with that fly ball in an O's (?) game and then kept waving his arms mocking the outfielder who he interfered with. Fans in general seem to think they're important enough to argue with athletes over their performance and it kind of ticks me off.

Surviving

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Some guy sitting court side got kicked out. Not sure if he said something specific, or tried to enter the court, or what. During one stoppage on play to review a foul. It was really chippy, and the fans were booing most everything. I kept noticing some big sweaty d-bag sitting front row under the basket who would jump out of his seat to holler at the Warriors if they missed a shot or turned it over. The look on his face reminded me of the Yankees fan who interfered with that fly ball in an O's (?) game and then kept waving his arms mocking the outfielder who he interfered with. Fans in general seem to think they're important enough to argue with athletes over their performance and it kind of ticks me off.
    Well, they wouldn't have a job without the fans. ​/s

True, but that doesn't mean some fans aren't annoying entitled idiots lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Normally no. LeBron changes things dramatically though. He makes everybody better not only with his passing, but his ability to draw the entire defense's attention. Plus there are a lot of other nuances that go into it.

Kyrie would also be a lot better, but he's kinda stupid, or rather takes a lot of stupid shots. The Warriors were like this before Steve Kerr, once they cleaned that up they took off.
    For as amazing as LeBron is an how he changes the entire game the second he steps on the court, other players aren't going to be all-star caliber players just because of him. See: his first cavs team. You could argue that he didn't know what he does now or wasn't the player he is now but I still think it's moot. If X player is a role player, chosen to be a role player, and was not asked intentionally to play a bigger part other than their given role, then there's absolutely no reason to assume in a vacuum that if they start next to LeBron they're higher than a replacement level basketball player. This is proven by how productive they aren't even when they share the court with LeBron in their limited fashion.
    Last edited by Sanosuke; 06-12-2017 at 08:09 AM.

I agree there sano, but I mean LeBron + a bunch of scrubs has made the finals before and imo the depth on the team around him without love and Irving is better then say Anderson varejao and zidronas ilgauskas lol.

Yes but the talent in the east compared to his run with his first cavs team compared to now is much lower. If the first LeBron Cavs played in this year's east theyd get rolled up

Ya that's true. God that east was so shit. Basketball in general was in such bad shape back then imo. Maybe it's just me but were pretty spoiled with all the elite talent in the game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    For as amazing as LeBron is an how he changes the entire game the second he steps on the court, other players aren't going to be all-star caliber players just because of him. See: his first cavs team. You could argue that he didn't know what he does now or wasn't the player he is now but I still think it's moot. If X player is a role player, chosen to be a role player, and was not asked intentionally to play a bigger part other than their given role, then there's absolutely no reason to assume in a vacuum that if they start next to LeBron they're higher than a replacement level basketball player. This is proven by how productive they aren't even when they share the court with LeBron in their limited fashion.
    Mo Williams 2009.

And obviously that's just one instance, but while he may not make them "all star" level, he still makes them good enough to compete that it's more than debatable that he can carry a team to the Finals. Not saying he will, but it's not an outlandish claim. Which is incredible in itself.

I'd also like to add Tristan Thompson to that list. Put him on virtually any other team and he doesn't get the big extension Cleveland gave him.

Thread Information