Page 113 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1462

Thread: For NBA fans

Quote Originally Posted by rainblade View Post
    Lebron is the greatest player alive.
    Do you mean active?

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    Durant earned his just as much as LeBron... Let's see.
    Let's do it manonman. Wait... that came out wrong.

James plays with 2 allstars in Love and Kyrie.
    Curry, Thompson, Green >> Kyrie and Love. Lebron didn't lose to Love and Kyrie in a 7 game WCF slug fest the year before. Kyrie and Love were never above .500 prior to playing with LeBron. Solid comparison though.

He hand picked his teammates and made ownership overpay his friends. He hand picked his coach. The Cavs have the highest payroll in the NBA.
    Okay... And KD hand picked the best team in the league, which I suppose includes the coach. Plus they've already talked about taking pay cuts to stick together. And they're already BFFLs. You're right though. LeBron keeping James Jones around is definitely a major factor.

The Cavs play in the East so they get a free pass to the finals every season.
    People play this card on Brady too and its tiresome. Maybe his division is so bad because nobody wants to play against him. Like-wise, LeBron has beat down and dismantled teams in the past. Really there's only one other team in the NBA that could beat the Cavs and their best player got injured. If the Spurs switched conferences then the same could be said for the Warriors. Likewise, KD could have come to the east, but he went for the sure thing with the best team in the league. Also, the Cavs (148 total wins) faced better win-loss teams last year than the warriors (140 total wins) did. I'm not sure what the comparison was this year, but each team the warriors faced ended up having an injured allstar, so that's moot.

And on top of that he still needed a bogus Draymond Green suspension and favorable officiating to get a ring last season.
    Lol. Draymond should have been suspended against OKC for repeatedly kicking Adams in the balls. It's not LeBron's fault Draymond enjoys going Donkey on people's balls all the time. IMO the loss of Bogut was what did it though. Also tired of the "favorable officiating" argument. The way the game is officiated favors the warriors and both teams get shitty/missed calls for and against them. But you're right. RIIIIIIGGGGGED.

I don't like what Durant did either, but acting like LeBron somehow earned his and Durant did not is a joke.
    Nail in the coffin for KD -- He can't even chug a beer and failed to stone cold steve austin that shit.

But yeah... I can't condone LeBron's move down to Miami and drama in Cleveland, but KD's acting like a straight up coward IMO. And if the rumors of the warriors texting KD after their loss last year are true... they're cowards too. If you disagree that's cool. Just hope you have better arguments than the above. You should look up Hall of Famers that joined proven teams... pull out some of those names and KD has some pretty good company. But I bet there were fans back then that were salty about it. In time I'm sure it'll all be forgotten and KD will be remembered as one of the best. But it's still a coward move and ruined this season for me. I still watched, but I didn't enjoy it! >:|

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Do you mean active?
    He means active.

AFO, you're naive as fuck if you think that other teams wouldn't kill to have KD join them, regardless of how many superstars are already on it. It takes great team management, player development, and culture to attract someone of KD's caliber to come on board. Bob Myers and Steve Kerr are well ahead of the curve. They're trying to win multiple titles and be a dynasty, not be a one hit wonder.

I have a busy morning I'll respond to your bullshit hopefully by tonight, AFO. Gryph is about to replace you on the Top 100, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    My opinion: LeBron is just as big a bitch as Durant, but ultimately is the king and the best player we've seen since Jordan and Durant is gonna go down in history as a loser to me. I love the warriors other then Durant though. Draymond and curry are fucking awesome lol.
    Uhhh... Kobe?

How the fuck does everyone compare LeBron to MJ when he's not even more successful than Kobe? Just because he's chasing Jordan doesn't mean he's earned the right to be compared to him. Is he the best player in the league? Yes. Is he the reason his team's are successful? Yes. But to completely exclude Kobe out if the "best player we've seen since MJ" is ridiculous.

Also, pretty sure KD had a tweet in 2010 about everyone wanting to play for the Lakers and heat and calling out folks instead of wanting to beat them. Ijs

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Uhhh... Kobe?

How the fuck does everyone compare LeBron to MJ when he's not even more successful than Kobe? Just because he's chasing Jordan doesn't mean he's earned the right to be compared to him. Is he the best player in the league? Yes. Is he the reason his team's are successful? Yes. But to completely exclude Kobe out if the "best player we've seen since MJ" is ridiculous.
    Why do people say he hasn't passed Kobe yet.... The only thing I'd take Kobe over LBJ for is a clutch buzzer beater. Overall, meaning offense and defense, any GM in history would take LBJ over Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Also, pretty sure KD had a tweet in 2010 about everyone wanting to play for the Lakers and heat and calling out folks instead of wanting to beat them. Ijs
    If he did that's even more proof that durants a bitch lol. To your argument for kobe over LeBron, I don't really even consider Kobe a top 10 player all time. Sure, you'd take kobe in the clutch over LeBron 10/10 times, but in terms of playmaking, leadership and defense LeBron is far superior. He also is a more efficient scorer so there's that too. In terms of comparing LeBron to MJ I think you're right that people should just stop comparing the two. LeBron is great in a completely different way.

Kobe is for sure the closest thing to MJ that we've seen in that regard. MJ was just better in every facet of the game lol. At least with LeBron we have tangible evidence supporting his greatness over MJ. I'm not saying there is really a good argument for it, I'm just saying the argument exists and that's pretty cool. By the end of his career, LeBron will probably be the all time leader in scoring and in the top 10 for every statistical category all while being extremely efficient and a monster on the defensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    Why do people say he hasn't passed Kobe yet.... The only thing I'd take Kobe over LBJ for is a clutch buzzer beater. Overall, meaning offense and defense, any GM in history would take LBJ over Kobe.
    What is your debate for MJ vs LeBron? What's the standard for the debate?

Thread Information