Page 109 of 147 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1462

Thread: For NBA fans

Can't compare the Cavs cake walk to finals same way as Clippers in playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Yes, Redick had a bad playoff series. The Jazz specifically tried to cover him up and make other people take shots, and he's not good enough to create his own most of the time.

But you didn't say playoffs originally, and you should have if that's the point you were trying to make. Also, JR didn't start so well in the playoffs, and didn't contribute much until the Boston series. And no one game plans for JR Smith, he gets open looks every time he touches the floor because of LeBron and Love and Irving. Without Griffin, the Clippers begin to hurt for offensive weapons and it makes it easier for the Jazz to stick with Redick and not give him looks. I don't think comparing JR's situation to Redick's this postseason is very accurate.

On a team like the Cavs, a shooter like Redick should be deadly. But then you wonder why Korver didn't have a better year, or at least a better playoffs.
    Fair points, but I have a few things I don't really agree with.

Firstly, my initial post was pointing out that reddick was worst then Smith (now) because of a performance regression that occured this season. You refuted that by pointing out that he was quite a bit more productive then Smith was this year while also highlighting that reddick was still a productive player. My post about reddick in the playoffs was simply to point out that the skill erosion was very much real and he struggled big-time in a situation where he could have been impactful in the same role as Smith, but wasn't. He was a huge negative for the clips and maybe the biggest reason they lost to a less talented group (debateable) in utah. I could have also argued my point by pointing out that reddick scored less points on more shots this regular season and was a lot less efficient, but I used the postseason stats to compare the two players because I felt it was more glaring. I wasn't trying to specifically argue using the playoffs.

Secondly, I agree that reddick is in a different situation on the clippers then Smith is on the cavs, aka Smith probably sees more open shots with the cavs surrounded by LeBron and other formidable shooters, but let's not pretend reddick doesn't get open shots surrounded by Chris Paul the point god and Deandre Jordan. Also, I'll concede that Utah is essentially the worst matchup offensively for a spot up shooter because of their suffocating defense and ability to guard the 3 point line, but I won't concede that it would have affected reddick as much last year. Last year Reddick was a huge factor in the success of the clippers while Blake was out and there were many people clamoring for a Blake trade because of how well the clippers played without him. Many stats guys i read estimated that the clips were better off with blake on the bench because of the impressive results. Reddick being highlighted in the offense a bit more and the clips running plays for him was opening the floor up for Paul and Deandre to work their pick n roll magic instead of having Blake clog the paint up with his still developing post and iso game. That never really happened this year despite running the same plays for him and him getting just as many open shots. At times he did well, but overwhelmingly he was a dud this season and his struggles were highlighted in the playoffs in a bad matchup. I'll admit reddick could bounce back next season and prove he is a better player then Smith, but he's 32 years old and to me it looked like he hit a wall towards the end of the season. So ya, I just don't really agree with the notion that Blake being healthy would have created a better situation for Reddick, and without being much better then Smith offensively, I would rather the defensively competent Smith.

Disclaimer: I might be letting Smith off the hook because of his injury, but I would point to that for him starting the postseason slowly and coming along as of late. He's been pretty bad in this golden State series tbh.
    Last edited by Spencer 555; 06-09-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    to me it looked like he hit a wall towards the end of the season
    Go look at his game logs and tell me the end of the regular season wasn't the best ball he played all year. He was averaging more points per game and shooting higher percentages across the board (53% from 3 his last 7 games). You have this opinion of him based off of the playoff series and now you're expanding your argument to include vague feelings and hunches without providing any proof. Why do you think he hit a wall? Because he had a bad playoff series. Utah is a bad matchup. His regular season games were so-so against Utah, and his playoff games were bad. I think he's a better shooter and more valuable than JR Smith, especially on a team like the Cavs.

Can't argue any of that dude. Kudos for digging up those game logs and making my opinion seem foolish. Honestly didn't base my opinion on a hunch though, more on podcasts suggesting reddick wasn't the same player as he was last year (toward the end of the year) and then witnessing it first hand against Utah. That being said, I never claimed Smith was a better shooter then reddick, just that I would prefer the defense smith provides and that the value reddick provides on offense isn't enough (unless he's shooting the lights out consistently) to make up for that.
    Last edited by Spencer 555; 06-09-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Why are Cavs fans such awful people?

shame they're not gonna get swept

Cavs shooting better from 3 than they are from 2. Everything that didn't fall in games 1-3 is going in now.

First Warriors game I watched this year, I won't watch the next one. My bad for cursing it.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Why are Cavs fans such awful people?
    Missed the game what did they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    First Warriors game I watched this year, I won't watch the next one. My bad for cursing it.
    They were up 3-0 last year. Did you curse them then, too?
    You must be a wizard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Thread Information