Page 114 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1462

Thread: For NBA fans

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    What is your debate for MJ vs LeBron? What's the standard for the debate?
    A player's skill/ability is really the debate with anyone right? I dunno who I'd pick between MJ and LBJ. Tons of external factors when including team play. Salary cap being the largest one. You also see more talent on fewer teams rather than it being spread out for the most part back in the day.

My debate for MJ vs LBJ is a lot different than the 6-0 vs 3-5 topic (which conveniently leaves out Jordans 3 first round exits). I'd probably lean towards LBJ because he's bigger, better passer and can defend all 5 positions.

So basically the eye test?

So basically the eye test?
    I suppose.

I think comparing things between era's is difficult. Like I think it could easily be debated that GSW this year was best team in NBA history. That being said things like salary cap allowing talent like that to play together definitely comes into it. Also 40 years ago free agency wasn't a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    AFO, you're naive as fuck if you think that other teams wouldn't kill to have KD join them, regardless of how many superstars are already on it. It takes great team management, player development, and culture to attract someone of KD's caliber to come on board. Bob Myers and Steve Kerr are well ahead of the curve. They're trying to win multiple titles and be a dynasty, not be a one hit wonder.
    What does that have to do with anything? I would be fine if he went somewhere else. Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    I have a busy morning I'll respond to your bullshit hopefully by tonight, AFO. Gryph is about to replace you on the Top 100, though.
    Awwww... just like old times. Man on making it personal.

Uhhh... Kobe?

How the fuck does everyone compare LeBron to MJ when he's not even more successful than Kobe? Just because he's chasing Jordan doesn't mean he's earned the right to be compared to him. Is he the best player in the league? Yes. Is he the reason his team's are successful? Yes. But to completely exclude Kobe out if the "best player we've seen since MJ" is ridiculous.
    Kobe shouldn't even be considered better than duncan. He was one of the most selfish and inefficient of the greats. I don't even have him in my top 10. Lebron is easily top 3.

@TheOne: also, I rooted against the warriors two years prior just because they were the heavy favorites. I had nothing against what they were doing though. This season was just a technicality because of what KD did, which is not fun for anyone except GSW fanboys apparently.

Were you guys so up in arms when Randy Moss, Wes Welker and Donte Stallworth signed on to the Patriots and went 18-0 before reaching the SB?

Basketball-wise I remember people being really excited about LeBron's on tv choosing where he was going with Wade and Bosh and acted like the promise was fulfilled when he won the finals. I also remember (although not Championship caliber) Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire and Shaq being an old man superstar team built in FA.

Football is different. But you better believe the Giants winning that Super Bowl is my favorite Super Bowl moment from games I watched live.

And again, no other situation compares because there's never been another time where a team set a new record for wins in a season and then had the best player on the team they beat after being down 3-1 in the conference finals join them the next year.

Well, all of those guys stats basically doubled with the patriots from the previous year, so I wouldn't exactly say they were the 2nd best player in the league. They also all came from losing teams and the Pats weren't considered the best team in the league. Combined with being a completely different sport, where individuals don't matter as much, I don't really get the comparison.

I actually was not excited at all about LeBron joining Wade and Bosh in Miami. I enjoyed watching them lose to the Mavs, but Lebron didn't jump ship to the best team in the league that he lost to the year prior. Also wtf are you talking about w/ Nash, Stoudemire and Shaq? That Phoenix team? lol... You can find way better comparisons in the NBA. Wilt going to the Lakers for example. People don't knock him for that... and I become less and less salty about the LeBron move as years pass. It's likely the same will happen w/ KD.

why is Lebron the foregone conclusion over Kobe defensively?

not sure if there is some stat to justify that, but I would take Kobe over Lebron for shutdown defender

Kobe wouldn't have gotten crossed by Curry like that.

also, TO send me your shipping address

Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? I would be fine if he went somewhere else. Lmao.

Awwww... just like old times. Man on making it personal.

Kobe shouldn't even be considered better than duncan. He was one of the most selfish and inefficient of the greats. I don't even have him in my top 10. Lebron is easily top 3.
    Duncan is by and large great, 110% agree he's better than Kobe as well as much as you can compare the two positions, but if you believe Duncan is better than Kobe, my point still stands about LeBron and MJ comparisons. LeBron is not more successful than at least 3 players from our generation.

Thread Information