Page 117 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1462

Thread: For NBA fans

Honestly still love the nba despite the warriors. Who's got next is extremely interesting to me and the raptors are still really fun and gritty. The NBA is also the most progressive thinking league in sports and embraces personalities. It's the only league where players are encouraged to be outspoken. The NBA has plenty of issues, but so does every other league.

In other news Philly acquires fultz meaning Lowry stays on the raptors (or goes to the spurs?)

Honestly really excited to see Philly and the bucks this next year. Just to see how improved they can both be. Fuck the Celtics.

Also, this is probably crazy talk, because fultz is legit gonna be a beast in the league, but I wanna see lonzo ball and Ben Simmons play together so bad.

Paul George told Indiana he's out after next year, which means he's getting traded pretty soon. And it's begun.

My biggest problem with the state of the NBA is three point shooting. Threes are clearly worth too much. If you call Curry a one dimensional jump shooter you get mocked but the reality is that if teams didn't have to respect his circus shot threes and the fact that most of his teammates have good threes he would finish at the rim at an average rate for a starting point guard. And the Warriors entire offense is built arounf this. If next season they changed the rules so that shots behind the arc were only worth 2.5 points the Warriors would probably be the second or third best team in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    If you're argument at the end of day is that it's a problem because some fans don't like it, then yeah it is. But the NBAs popularity will continue to rise, not fall. It will continue to make money, not lose it. So in the end it's not really a problem.
    Pretty much this. I don't agree it's not really a problem though. It's a problem for me. It's a problem for a lot of fans. I don't care if it's a problem for the people running the NBA or not, which was never the point.

Woohoo the Process if finally working. I'm super pumped about this trade with Boston. Honestly I don't think it's that much to give up to get Fultz. I kind of hope the Lakers pick conveys next year because it's probably safe to say Kings in 2019 will be a top 3 pick.

Also Pacers asking for 2 1's and a starter in return for PG13.....a one year rental....who the hell is going to pay that since Brooklyn doesn't have any picks to trade?

I would. He's not gonna turn down the bird rights deal to play on a shit Lakers team. Guarantee this whole Lakers speculation is his way of maxing in a bigger market. Boston would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    I would. He's not gonna turn down the bird rights deal to play on a shit Lakers team. Guarantee this whole Lakers speculation is his way of maxing in a bigger market. Boston would be fine.
    you're still gambling that he resigns with you

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    Pretty much this. I don't agree it's not really a problem though. It's a problem for me. It's a problem for a lot of fans. I don't care if it's a problem for the people running the NBA or not, which was never the point.
    I understand. I just can't remember a time when any league didn't have certain problems, and this particular problem seems a little irrelevant since the NBA has always been built on few teams truly having a chance at a title.

On the bright side, the draft and Free Agency are coming up, and seeing teams reload or get rid of players is always exciting. Also, GS may indeed win next year, but it won't be easy. As a team (Curry, Klay, Dray), this will be their 4th straight year trying to make the Finals. That shit is hard. There will be mental fatigue, injurie possibilities will increase the more and more they play, and teams will be gunning for them every night. Then they'll have to worry about the salary cap when Klay and Dray are due raises.

That's why Superteams are exciting. You want to see how long it's sustainable because the wheels eventually fall off, and when they do it's quick and ugly. Just look at the Lakers, or the Heat.

Thread Information