Page 25 of 147 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

People forget "The Decision" made tons of money for charity.

I only disliked LeBron because he demolished my Wizards repeatedly in the playoffs and kinda copped out to Miami. I am okay with him now that he has returned to Cleveland and won a championship there. He's gotten a huge boost on my greatest player list too. I didn't have him in top 10 before this year (mostly cause I'm a hater). Now its hard to argue him not deserving a top 5 spot. He will likely finish 2 or 3. If he wins a few more championships he'll be in contention for #1 w/ MJ. If he does the CP3, melo, wade thing I will be pissed though.

Manon rockin' the tin foil.

Also, jfc, what KU site was that posted on?

Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    I only disliked LeBron because he demolished my Wizards repeatedly in the playoffs and kinda copped out to Miami. I am okay with him now that he has returned to Cleveland and won a championship there. He's gotten a huge boost on my greatest player list too. I didn't have him in top 10 before this year (mostly cause I'm a hater). Now its hard to argue him not deserving a top 5 spot. He will likely finish 2 or 3. If he wins a few more championships he'll be in contention for #1 w/ MJ. If he does the CP3, melo, wade thing I will be pissed though.
    Honestly idc if he wins another championship, but if he has a few career years beyond this season he'd surpass MJ. That being said, what are the chances he improves after the age of 30. Its MJ for me and Lebron isn't close.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gyps View Post
    Manon rockin' the tin foil.
    Yuuuup. lol

Also, jfc, what KU site was that posted on?
    kubuckets

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    Yuuuup. lol
    I mean, should Draymond have been suspended specifically for the crap in game 4? Probably not, but it's hard to say he didn't deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    kubuckets
    Huh, didn't know about this one, and I even know about wtw. Lol.

That formatting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    The donkey faced fuck deserved to be suspended against OKC and wasn't. The W's dont get to wine about shit being fixed after that.
    Curry is way less likable than Lebron, imo. Curry's entire media presence comes off as completely fake. Shaun livingston is the only likable warriors player, tbh.
    He should have been suspended for the OKC series, I agree. He should not have been suspended for the Cleveland series. I'm not a Warriors fan so I can whine as much as I want I guess. Kyrie Irving is the only Cavs player I like and he's a former Duke player.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    Here's my take:

1) Draymond probably didn't deserve to be suspended for the LeBron incident, but I thought he should've been suspended for Steven Adams incident. I'm sure that played into the NBA's decision to suspend him a game.

2) Draymond cries after EVERY single call, makes LeBron look normal in that aspect.

3) If you listen to seasoned NBA veteran's speak they always talk about Tim Duncan complaining the most. It's just not outwardly done for cameras and fans to see. At least it was discussed on the radio a lot this week.

4) Curry missing open 3's and GS role players missing shots in key situations (or entire games in Barnes case) is what cost them the championship, not the officiating/suspensions.

5) LeBron's performances in past 2 finals have been unheard of. He's now one of 3 people to triple double game 7 (joining Jerry West and James Worthy), 3rd players with 3 MVPs and 3 Finals MVPs (Joining Magic and MJ) and his game 6 stat line had never been done before. He's the first person ever to lead a series of any length in Points, Assists, Rebounds, Steals and Blocks (that's just insane). Led his team to the first ever comeback in 31 tries in NBA finals being down 3-1. LeBron is easily a top 5 player of all time probably top 2-3. He's #2 in my book.

6) GS was the better team, but LeBron and Kyrie got it done. Gotta give credit to Cleveland's defense for shutting GS down in their wins.
    1) Okay

2) No he doesn't. And he's not nearly as obnoxious as LeBron when he argues calls.

3) That's interesting if that's actually true. But that's the only thing for Duncan, though. He's pretty likeable in most other ways.

4) Yes I agree, they could have played better and still won the series. They also could have had Draymond Green for Game 5 and won the series. So I would say both things contributed to them not winning the series.

5) See if you still feel like that in a month or so when the euphoria has died down a little. Top 5 is a pretty tough list to crack. He might be there. To pass MJ I think he'd have to win at minimum 3 more championships, though.

6) Ya I will give Cleveland credit for that. They earned it mostly.

Warriors celebrated every made 3 like they had just won the championship. That is infinitely more annoying than anything LeBron has done. Even his stupid announcements and what not.
    No it's not. What?

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    People forget "The Decision" made tons of money for charity.
    I'm sure that's why he did it.

I don't blame him for wanting to leave Cleveland for Miami, actually. It was more the way he did it that annoyed me. I don't blame him for coming back to Cleveland either, but let's not act like his decision to return to the Cavs wasn't very self-serving. He wanted to win another ring and he probably thought he would have a better chance of doing that in Cleveland than he would in Miami. He has a long way to go before he's in the conversation with MJ.

I mean, should Draymond have been suspended specifically for the crap in game 4? Probably not, but it's hard to say he didn't deserve it.

Huh, didn't know about this one, and I even know about wtw. Lol.

That formatting.
    Timing is the issue. He deserved it in the OKC series, not in the series against Cleveland. The fact that he wasn't suspended when GS was down 1-3 for an act that was much more egregious than what he was suspended for when GS was up 3-1 is probably the most masturbatory factor for tin-foil warriors like myself.

Format's a little weird. There are some good posters there, though. Some not good ones, too.

Thread Information