Page 26 of 147 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Warriors became dicks IMO. Nothing symbolizes this more to me than when GS played OKC. There was a play when Curry launched a shot and before it even going in, he turned to stare at Ibaka. I get being good and even being a little cocky, but they took it a few levels above and became douchebags. Also, Draymond became annoying every time he flexed, and what compounded it is he usually did after a play on somebody smaller the him, like last night against JR. Smith. Then they got Varejao who literally tried to flop every time. Again...everybody flops, I mean Manu is on the Spurs, but cmon now.

Also for a team that got away with moving screens and push offs (ironically LeBron haters always argue this against LeBron, but I've never seen a team like GS do it so much without it being called to get separation) they sure whined a lot. Especially Curry and Iggy. Jesus.

LeBron is a whiner, no denying. So are most stars, from Tim Duncan to Paul Pierce to Dirk Nowitzki. LeBron gets a lot of superstar calls, which is also annoying. His persona screams diva at times and the mind games he plays are annoying too. But God dam is he a special player. He is a top 5 player of all time. That block was one of the most special plays ever, and it will go down as such. His ability to affect the game in all facets is why people like him. He is greatness.

I hate Dirk. Being a Spurs fan it comes with the territory. But at this stage, there is just no denying his greatness and even now, I don't hate him as much. You can hate LeBron too, but the dude can flat out ball.

EDIT: Btw, I'm with Manon in thinking the series is over after 5 games if Draymond plays. I am also a believer that if the Warriors didn't win that game, they stood a good chance they lose the series. That series vs OKC was brutal for them. I truly believe they were tired at the end. They got a lot of good looks but they just couldn't make them. I believe that was due to the physical and mental strain more than anything. Cavs outlasted GS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Right. No way. You nailed it, TC.
    1. Home team usually wins.

2. In the history of the city, Cleveland always fails/chokes.

3. After a team bitches about refs in the media, usually next game they get all the calls. Phil Jackson was a master of doing this.

4. Didn't expect it to be close. That shifted it to the Cavs favor. Warriors looked worn out.

As someone who was born in Cleveland I am very happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    Congrats Cavs. I guess this game was rigged too?
    Possible. Still sorting through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    I wish I could blame all my teams failures on cheating and fixes, lol.
    I did that for about 9 superbowls in a row. Still believe in at least 7 of them.

Toronto is offically the saddest sports city right?

I hate how people say if Draymond played in game 5 it's probably over. He played in 6 games and they went 3-3 in those games. He put up a monster line in game 7 and they lost. Curry/Thompson cost them the championship not Green. Can even argue Barnes cost them as he was flat out awful. Still confused why Kerr had Ezeli in the game with 5 mins to go as well. He was outcoached the last 3 games by Lue.

@manon - go watch replays of the game. there's not one foul call in the last 2 games that Green doesn't complain about(those are only two games I still have DVR'd)

A lot of people wonder why Curry isn't successful in the playoffs. It seems pretty obvious to me that playoff basketball becomes much more physical. Things that used to be a foul in the regular season suddenly aren't, and his game's not built for that. Watch regular season games and watch him zoom around the court without the ball to come off screens and get open. Suddenly in the playoffs his defender has a hand on him the whole time, around his waist, grabbing his jersey to slow him down. And playoff refs aren't going to call small change like that, and defenders know it. Even during his shot attempts there can be a lot of contact that he's used to being called a foul, that suddenly isn't. Playoff basketball isn't much like regular season basketball how the rules are enforced, and that really hurts Curry's game. And you could see it got in his head by the end of the Finals, and he wasn't even making open shots at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    I hate how people say if Draymond played in game 5 it's probably over. He played in 6 games and they went 3-3 in those games. He put up a monster line in game 7 and they lost. Curry/Thompson cost them the championship not Green. Can even argue Barnes cost them as he was flat out awful. Still confused why Kerr had Ezeli in the game with 5 mins to go as well. He was outcoached the last 3 games by Lue.

@manon - go watch replays of the game. there's not one foul call in the last 2 games that Green doesn't complain about(those are only two games I still have DVR'd)
    Agreed. Also, the impact of Bogut's injury has been understated.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post

People say that if Green played in game 5 it would have been over because if Green played in game 5 it probably would have been over. He was Golden State's best player in the series and not having him for a game was a big deal. I don't know why people argue this point or try to downplay it. Imagine if Cleveland was up 3-1, and LeBron had been suspended for game 5 and Cleveland lost that game, and then ended up losing the series in 7 games. There would be riots in Cleveland and fans shouting about how Golden State's championship has an asterisk next to it. But that would never happen because he's LeBron.

Go watch any Cleveland game. When LeBron gets called for a foul he acts like he's just been falsely accused of murder and then has a 5 minute conference with the official who called the foul on him. When he doesn't draw a foul he throws a tantrum and is only not called for a technical because he's LeBron. And all of this despite the fact that he's allowed to travel and elbow defenders out of his way on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    People say that if Green played in game 5 it would have been over because if Green played in game 5 it probably would have been over. He was Golden State's best player in the series and not having him for a game was a big deal. I don't know why people argue this point or try to downplay it. Imagine if Cleveland was up 3-1, and LeBron had been suspended for game 5 and Cleveland lost that game, and then ended up losing the series in 7 games. There would be riots in Cleveland and fans shouting about how Golden State's championship has an asterisk next to it. But that would never happen because he's LeBron.

Go watch any Cleveland game. When LeBron gets called for a foul he acts like he's just been falsely accused of murder and then has a 5 minute conference with the official who called the foul on him. When he doesn't draw a foul he throws a tantrum and is only not called for a technical because he's LeBron. And all of this despite the fact that he's allowed to travel and elbow defenders out of his way on offense.
    I don't believe I said LeBron doesn't argue calls. Just said Draymond is worst in NBA in that regard. I'm not saying GS couldn't have won game 5 if Green played, I'm just downplaying the effect on the series. As KB mentioned look how many OPEN 3's Curry missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Toronto is offically the saddest sports city right?
    Buffalo.
    Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post

What superstar doesn't do that in the NBA?

I mean Kobe made a career doing that and he was much, much worse than James.

Ben Simmons....Here's to hoping Sam Hinike wasn't crazy and Simmons is the real deal! Also praying Colangelo doesn't fuck up 3 years of Sam Hinike's amazing plan.

What do you guys think of the rumored Okafor to Celtics for #3. I hate the idea of Simmons and Kris Dunn together, but everyday it looks more and more like it's going to happen. I didn't watch too much Dunn in college, but I'd prefer more of a shooter than a typical PG when playing along Simmons. That being said he's supposed to be a great defender so I suppose I'd be happy. Even without knowing if Embiid will play or not we saw last year Noel and Okafor can't work together and I think Noel is more suited for today's NBA despite Okafor having more talent.

Thread Information