Page 10 of 147 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

In games 1 and 2 and the 2nd half of game 4, the Cavs basically scored at will in the paint. (I didn't watch game 3 or the 1st half last night). The cavs blew some lay ups at the end of that game and byombo made some great plays in the paint. Again, that combined with some amazing play by Lowry and DeRozen saved that game. Casey made zero adjustments when the Raptors were getting destroyed, blowing that 18 point lead. You don't have a good defensive system if you can't stop a Delly+LeBron pick and roll. They got like 6 dunks off of back cuts. You need to call a time out and make adjustments. Like making sure Byombo is in the paint, not out on the 3 pt line guarding Frye.

Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    In games 1 and 2 and the 2nd half of game 4, the Cavs basically scored at will in the paint. (I didn't watch game 3 or the 1st half last night). The cavs blew some lay ups at the end of that game and byombo made some great plays in the paint. Again, that combined with some amazing play by Lowry and DeRozen saved that game. Casey made zero adjustments when the Raptors were getting destroyed, blowing that 18 point lead. You don't have a good defensive system if you can't stop a Delly+LeBron pick and roll. They got like 6 dunks off of back cuts. You need to call a time out and make adjustments. Like making sure Byombo is in the paint, not out on the 3 pt line guarding Frye.
    I feel like it was more players not executing then his system in the 3rd. I missed the 3rd though and half of the fourth. Went to grab pizza at half and the gf wanted to eat it at the spot lol

Lol Gypsy. Golden State can really be summed up as Curry and Draymond shitting the bed. If Curry plays well, the whole team plays well. If not, then sometimes Green and Klay pick him up. If both him and Green suck. Then that's it. So far, Thunder have managed to flummox both. We'll see if they get it together.

As for the other series, Lue has cost Cleveland both games with his rotations. I don't know how people don't realize that if you surround LeBron with defense and a tiny sliver of shooting, your team is a 50 win caliber team. More lineups with LeBron, Frye, Delly, Shump, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but Richard Jefferson (guy looks younger now) please. Lue really needs to stagger playing Kyrie, Love, and LeBron at the same time.

Btw, next years most overpaid player has to be Biyombo right? I mean it's one thing to play like this during the playoffs when hustle and energy sometimes matter more than anything, buts it's kinda hard to muster this level for 82 games.

Agreed on the biyombo thing. But as for the lebron thing he played every minute of the second half the other night and even when those type of lineups were out, the raps had a reply. I think casey was slow to adjust to that lineup u mentioned, but when he did we were able to shut it down to an extent and score on it at will.

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Btw, next years most overpaid player has to be Biyombo right? I mean it's one thing to play like this during the playoffs when hustle and energy sometimes matter more than anything, buts it's kinda hard to muster this level for 82 games.
    Someone's gonna give Harrison Barnes a max contract, so I'd say it's him

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Oh true, ya I'd rather have biyombo at max then barnes.

Biyombo helped himself a ton with playoffs. Barnes will be overpaid for sure....Don't count out Festus Ezeli either...Rumors of 3 years 51 mill from the lakers. That's crazy for a guy who plays 10 minutes a game.

ya ezeli and biyombo will be overpayed pretty huge. I'd much rather have steven adams and he gets payed like a scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Wait is this serious? I don't follow this aspect of the NBA much. Batshit crazy if true.

Thread Information