Page 108 of 147 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1462

Thread: For NBA fans

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Also: I think you're crazy that you think JR doesn't belong in the NBA. The dude is at least a top 10 sg in the league despite his inconsistency.
    This is purely off top of my head, in no order at all. But i'd take each of them over JR Smith

Thompson, Reddick, Bradley, Beal, Derozan, Fournier, Bazemore, Lou Williams, McCollum, Wiggins, Zach Levine, Clarkson, Booker, Wade, Roberson, Waiters, KCP. That's not counting guys like Harden, PG13, Bledsoe who all play off the ball some times. I'm sure i missed a few too.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Also, I'm sure Durant is going to win Finals MVP because of what he's doing, but please don't forget how important Steph is to this team. People like to bag on him whenever they get a chance, but he makes the whole thing tick. Remember the multiple times in Game 1 where Cleveland left the lane wide open for Durant to dunk because they were too busy trying to cover Steph for a 3? Take a look at the plus-minus for the series:

Player +/- Total Minutes
    Curry 52 110
    Green 40 94
    Durant 37 119
    Thompson 35 114
    Iguodala 33 82
    Pachulia 16 41

Plus-minus isn't all that matters, obviously. But it's interesting that Curry can separate himself from Durant's tally so much despite them being on the floor together so often.
    You have to remember the difference though. Who is Durant guarding compared to who is Curry guarding.

Also: I think you're crazy that you think JR doesn't belong in the NBA. The dude is at least a top 10 sg in the league despite his inconsistency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post
    Who does Cleveland add to the team in the future to try and combat GS?

Get rid of love and the bench and add quicker defenders?
    lots of rumors of Melo heading there ona smaller contract. Tons of rumors on Philly radio about Porzingis and Melo to Sixers with Melo accepting because Sixers will buy him out and let him go to Cleveland.

Also heard rumblings of PG13, but not as likely imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    This is purely off top of my head, in no order at all. But i'd take each of them over JR Smith

Thompson, Reddick, Bradley, Beal, Derozan, Fournier, Bazemore, Lou Williams, McCollum, Wiggins, Zach Levine, Clarkson, Booker, Wade, Roberson, Waiters, KCP. That's not counting guys like Harden, PG13, Bledsoe who all play off the ball some times. I'm sure i missed a few too.
    I was kinda speaking about sg in its purest form. A lot of those guys are combo guards/sf.

That being said the state of sg isn't great in the league (I think I specified that) and I see what your saying.

I don't think I'd take Clarkson or reddick over him, but reddick may just have had a down season. Levine and waiters I'm not sold on over Smith either, but probably would prefer them over Smith in a bench scoring role.

I was kinda speaking about sg in its purest form. A lot of those guys are combo guards/sf.

That being said the state of sg isn't great in the league (I think I specified that) and I see what your saying.

I don't think I'd take Clarkson or reddick over him, but reddick may just have had a down season. Levine and waiters I'm not sold on over Smith either, but probably would prefer them over Smith in a bench scoring role.
    once again not looking this up, but i think reddick is coming off one of his best seasons ever. and remember we're talking about JR smith in his current state not 5 years ago.

Naw reddick regressed both offensively and defensively this year. He's probably right there with Smith in terms of value though.

Naw reddick regressed both offensively and defensively this year. He's probably right there with Smith in terms of value though.
    Man, Spencer, what are you talking about? Do you have stats to back this up, or are you just guessing?

JJ Redick PER TS% WS WS/48 BPM VORP
    2014-15 16.2 .622 6.7 .134 0.7 1.6
    2015-16 17.5 .632 6.7 .154 0.8 1.5
    2016-17 14.8 .599 4.8 .105 0.0 1.1

JR Smith PER TS% WS WS/48 BPM VORP
    2014-15 13.6 .538 3.7 .085 0.7 1.4
    2015-16 12.4 .542 5.5 .111 1.3 2.0
    2016-17 8.1 .484 0.8 .034 -1.3 0.2

Now which player regressed this year?

Smith was injured the entire year rofl

To put some things in perspective, here are the playoff numbers for both players (considering Smith is just getting healthy)

Reddick: ws: 0 ws/48: -.011 PER: 4.9 BPM: -3.5 TPA: -13.5

Smith: ws: .6 ws/48: 0.71 PER: 7.8 BPM: 1.4 TPA: 11.74

Smith is considerably better then reddick in this playoffs and if you look at the playoffs last year he was considerably better then too. Smith was not nearly as good as he was for the cavs in the 2016 playoffs this year, but he's arguably better then reddick because of his defense on the perimeter alone (reddick is certainly below average).

I watched every game of the clippers and jazz series and reddick was pretty damn bad so that's where I might be a bit biased in saying Smith is better overall, but I don't think it's a stretch at all.

Yes, Redick had a bad playoff series. The Jazz specifically tried to cover him up and make other people take shots, and he's not good enough to create his own most of the time.

But you didn't say playoffs originally, and you should have if that's the point you were trying to make. Also, JR didn't start so well in the playoffs, and didn't contribute much until the Boston series. And no one game plans for JR Smith, he gets open looks every time he touches the floor because of LeBron and Love and Irving. Without Griffin, the Clippers begin to hurt for offensive weapons and it makes it easier for the Jazz to stick with Redick and not give him looks. I don't think comparing JR's situation to Redick's this postseason is very accurate.

On a team like the Cavs, a shooter like Redick should be deadly. But then you wonder why Korver didn't have a better year, or at least a better playoffs.

Thread Information