Page 126 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1462

Thread: For NBA fans

Ya he's just like Jordan if Jordan:

Nicknamed himself "King James."
    Left Cleveland to form a super team in Miami.
    Had an hour-long special to announce that he was taking his talents to Miami.
    Had a parade promising not one, not two, not three, etc. championships.
    Mocked Dirk Nowitzki by coughing when Nowitzki was sick in the finals.
    Left Miami to come back to a better situation in Cleveland.
    Made management trade players to get Love.
    Made management overpay his friends.
    Ignored the plays his coach called.
    Got his coach fired.
    Flopped.
    Used his forearm to bulldoze defensive players out of the way.
    Threw a tantrum every time he didn't get a call instead of getting back on defense.
    Undermined his teammates on social media.
    Was a complete narcissist.
    And other shit that I'm probably forgetting.

But other than that, they are pretty similar. They are both insane athletes and top 5 basketball players of all time. They both have huge egos.

And Kyrie isn't a loser. He just wanted to get away from the player/coach/manager that is LeBron James and was probably tired of James' off-the-court antics. I don't blame him. The only thing I dislike about Kyrie is that he went to Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Essentially what you're saying is the rebuild is inevitable right? So wouldn't a potential first overall pick and a chance at going all in for 1 more year before the rebuild be exactly what you want?
    What I'd want, is if they know the rebuild is inevitable, stop fucking off trying to fake the funk of field a team to 'compete with the warriors' and get ahead of the curve assets wise.

They did get ahead of the curve sano. They got the potential number 1 pick in the draft for a negligible asset. They turned a no leverage situation into a high draft pick and they got Crowder as well who is a nice trade asset if they want. Unless they trade LeBron James right now, they're gonna probably win the east with or without Kyrie, Thomas and Crowder.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    Ya he's just like Jordan if Jordan:

Nicknamed himself "King James."
    Left Cleveland to form a super team in Miami.
    Had an hour-long special to announce that he was taking his talents to Miami.
    Had a parade promising not one, not two, not three, etc. championships.
    Mocked Dirk Nowitzki by coughing when Nowitzki was sick in the finals.
    Left Miami to come back to a better situation in Cleveland.
    Made management trade players to get Love.
    Made management overpay his friends.
    Ignored the plays his coach called.
    Got his coach fired.
    Flopped.
    Used his forearm to bulldoze defensive players out of the way.
    Threw a tantrum every time he didn't get a call instead of getting back on defense.
    Undermined his teammates on social media.
    Was a complete narcissist.
    And other shit that I'm probably forgetting.

But other than that, they are pretty similar. They are both insane athletes and top 5 basketball players of all time. They both have huge egos.

And Kyrie isn't a loser. He just wanted to get away from the player/coach/manager that is LeBron James and was probably tired of James' off-the-court antics. I don't blame him. The only thing I dislike about Kyrie is that he went to Duke.
    I Just meant that they're toxic in a similar way. As in hyper competitive ass holes who will push you to the limit and arent afraid to call you out on your shit. I could totally see mj punching Kyrie in the face and Kyrie crying.

Irving is a loser to me until he proves he can win without LeBron.

I'll take back everything I said about him if the following occurs in the next two seasons:

1. Kyrie has an undeniable breakout.
    2. The Celtics win the east again. *While Kyrie is the leader in WS
    3. The Celtics improve on there record from last year. *while Kyrie is the leader in WS
    4. The Celtics beat LeBron.
    5. The Celtics go to the finals

I don't see any of that happening. I think they're gonna be worse this year with the additions they've made and I think Kyrie is gonna prove he can't carry a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    What I'd want, is if they know the rebuild is inevitable, stop fucking off trying to fake the funk of field a team to 'compete with the warriors' and get ahead of the curve assets wise.
    I don't know how you don't understand this, but they can't do much until Lebron's situation is resolved. That is their priority, and rightfully so. He's a guaranteed path to the Finals, and even if they don't win, the revenue generated (even if they have a high payroll) and relevance they get from him is worth it.

They would have obviously kept Kyrie if he didn't want out, but he did. So they found a great trade that kept them competitive with the Warriors this year, while getting enough assets to rebuild should LeBron leave.

They couldn't have prevented this situation with LeBron. He's always wanted the power to control where he wants to play, and I agree with that. The Cavs wanted LeBron no matter what. Any team would sign LeBron for a year and hope he keeps coming back even for a year because he's the ultimate asset. The problem the Cavs made was the contracts handed out to Thompson, Shumpert, and Smith, and it wasn't even totally their fault. If they had been FA's this summer, all three would have paid significantly less.

Kyrie has huge potential, but he was never reaching under LeBron. And he sure wasn't reaching it under Ty Lue (worst coach ever). Boston gave up a lot, but under Brad Stevens, we'll finally get to see Kyrie at his best. He's going to be fantastic next year.

I guess what I'm just getting at is they had really two choices, keep Kyrie and let LeBron do whatever he wants after this season or trade Kyrie for stuff. If you keep Kyrie, cool he doesn't show up to camp or whatever, but the man signed a contract. You don't get to bitch and moan about you wanting out when you signed a contract. If I were the Cavs I think I keep Kyrie for the long haul and tell him if LeBron leaves Cleveland is his because they're not going to get someone as good as Kyrie out the draft again I think. Now they're in a worse situation with Thomas being an FA after this year.

I admit I didn't really take in the revenue factor of going to the Finals but I'd also argue that the NBA is at its most popular right now and if I were Cleveland I would've probably tried to trade LeBron instead of Irving if I was trying to make sure my future was more secure post-LeBron

That'd be pretty wild. Wonder what a framework for a LeBron trade would look like.

Cavs: Give me all your All-Stars
    Other GMs: Go Fish

SI should pay me to do their top 50.

Thread Information