Page 13 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Warriors, Spurs, Cavs, Thunder, Clippers, Raptors, Blazers.

There are only 2 teams in the NBA that can beat Cleveland in a 7 game series: GS and SA. Thunder almost did the Cavs a huge favor by knocking off both of those teams, but now it looks like Golden State will probably take this series. That was a great game. Klay kept them in it and Curry finished them off. And Iguodala deserves a lot of credit for the defense that he played on Westbrook and Durant. He made huge plays defensively down the stretch.

A few other things:
    -Draymond Green needs to make his layups.
    -OKC cannot get called for a foul when they go for a rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    Warriors, Spurs, Cavs, Thunder, Clippers, Raptors, Blazers.

There are only 2 teams in the NBA that can beat Cleveland in a 7 game series: GS and SA. Thunder almost did the Cavs a huge favor by knocking off both of those teams, but now it looks like Golden State will probably take this series. That was a great game. Klay kept them in it and Curry finished them off. And Iguodala deserves a lot of credit for the defense that he played on Westbrook and Durant. He made huge plays defensively down the stretch.

A few other things:
    -Draymond Green needs to make his layups.
    Agree on this mostly, I probably underrated the spurs at 3 and overrated the thunder at 2, but in terms of matchups, I think the thunder are the only team that can beat the warriors or the spurs. Cavs IMO have no chance against the warriors.

Also, u don't think a healthy heat team with bosh would beat the blazers? Or the spurs light hawks? I don't think the blazers defense could handle the hawks system and I'm fairly confident the hawks defense would be able to at least slow down lillard and co. Blazers to me are really exciting, but for right now I don't have them ranked just behind the raptors. Talk to me after the offseason when the blazers sign biyombo

Also, Ill admit to homerism when it comes to my ranking of the raptors above clippers

Healthy Grizzlies better than Blazers and Hawks, maybe even Raptors.

Also....fuck OKC. For all the shit Draymond deservedly gets for the flailing kicks, Westbrook is just as dangerous. Pretty sure he almost kicked Klay in the head. Refs also have a hard on for them.

Anyways, everybody keeps saying that OKC is so good...and really it's just Westbrook and Durant playing an insane amount of minutes (40+) in the playoffs which means less of Foye/Waiters/Singler. Only problem is just like Brooks, Donovan doesn't trust his bench and what you're seeing now is KD and Westbrook gassed.

You can't play the kind of manic defense and attack offensively the way they do without eventually tiring. Even if they were to somehow summon enough energy to knock off GS at Oracle, I can't see them beating Cleveland.

I forgot about Memphis. With Conley and Gasol healthy they'd probably be up there.

@Spencer. No, I think the East is pretty trash outside of Cleveland.

Edit: That's not fair I guess. I'll give you Miami over Portland with Whiteside and Bosh. But Cleveland is the only championship caliber team in the East.
    Last edited by manonfire101; 05-29-2016 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    So much this. It blew my mind. There were a few times where Green had positioning Adams literally seemed to jump into him and I was kinda like "uh...?"

I saw one in particular in the final 2 minutes or so where Green set up for a rebound and Ibaka just shoved him in the back right as he was about to jump. Draymond turned around to the ref and mimed the 2 hand shove and the ref just ignored him.

The game tonight is a formality imo, not sure if I'll watch.

Refs are absolute dogshit, warriors are traveling all over the fucken place and okc cant get away with lying one hand gently on a guy who had a wide open dunk.

Thread Information