Page 15 of 147 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

I can see this happening: the Warriors cruise in Game 1, take Game 2 by a closer margin as the Cavs start to make adjustments but can't overcome playing in Oracle. Cavs take Game 3 fairly easily, then the Warriors steal Game 4 on some late magic from Curry and/or Thompson. Then come home and finish off the series by a comfortable 4th quarter margin.

It's much harder for me to imagine scenarios where the Cavs can take a lead in this series, even if LeBron goes nuts. I've been listening to some ESPN radio the last couple days in the car and at my desk, and every host or guest I've heard talks about how the Cavs can defend the bounce, but not the spacing and pick and roll the Warriors will throw at them. Those videos in that article are great for illustrating that with Love.

Which is why I think Miami LeBron teams would have a better shot at beating Golden State. Those Miami teams were really good defending pick-and-rolls and rotating on defense. Cleveland is not. The way Cleveland has been going offensively, though, they might have a shot at just outscoring the Warriors.

Also curious to see how the games will be called. Will the officials let the players play? And if they do will that extend to Iguodala being able to play physically with LeBron? I could see the games being physical, but Iguodala getting called for cheap fouls on LeBron because he's LeBron and he whines a lot.

Mark Jackson and JVG are hilariously biased.

I know lots of players do this, but it drives me nuts watching LeBron use his shoulder to push defenders out of the way so he can get to the bucket. He looks like a running back trying to get over the goalline, then he pulls up, tries a short shot, and lobbies for a foul if he misses.

I told Prof the same thing earlier, KB. He also elbowed Iguodala in the ribs when he was posting up in the 1st half and it wasn't even mentioned. It's ridiculous how much the Cavs and especially LeBron are allowed to use their off arms to create space.

How did we forget that Sean Livingston is the steph curry of mid range shooting?

Well when you have Kyrie Irving guarding you.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    Well when you have Kyrie Irving guarding you.
    He's actually Demar Derozan

So not only does the Warriors' bench trounce the Cavs on an off night for the Splash Brothers, but with the game in hand Curry and Thompson both make threes to start feeling good about their shot again. Not looking good for the Cavs.

Cavs seriously need to consider benching Love for Mozgov against this particular team. I understand you don't bench your 110 million guy, but this is a terrible match up for Love.

Last year, Mozgov was able to play solid defense as well as finish LeBron PnRs and snag rebounds. It allowed the Cavs to grind out games. What Cleveland lacked was offensive firepower, especially from the bench. Well now you have all the firepower in the world, and only one ball. Wade and Bosh were excellent defenders, unlike Irving and Love (individually and team wise).

Not only that, Love would be able to get the ball while James rests and while Draymond rests. It'll never happen so this is a pointless rant, but I really wish coaches would stagger a lot more. Cleveland can still win even if they lose Game 2, but it gets harder to see them do it if that happens.

Thread Information