Page 2 of 147 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Hawks gonna just shit the bed per usual in the playoffs.

Kyle Lowry vs Dwyane Wade tn was incredible to watch. Refs were completely garbage in the heat's favor tn as well. And people think the heat are the favorites? I'm sorry but the heat are pretty garbage without bosh and whiteside is playing hurt. They're lucky Valanciunas got injured in the third or this woulda been a blowout. Hoping JV can come back in game 4, he's been huge for us so far in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Kyle Lowry vs Dwyane Wade tn was incredible to watch. Refs were completely garbage in the heat's favor tn as well. And people think the heat are the favorites? I'm sorry but the heat are pretty garbage without bosh and whiteside is playing hurt. They're lucky Valanciunas got injured in the third or this woulda been a blowout. Hoping JV can come back in game 4, he's been huge for us so far in the playoffs.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016...sprained-ankle

Unfortunate.

I thought the Heat would win going in due to how Toronto struggled with Indiana but yeah, it's not like the Heat are anything special. Don't much think this series matters though, as I don't see Cleveland losing before the NBA finals.

Heat gave Cavs a problem in the regular season. If they were healthy they could take it to 6 against the Cavs. Unfortunately their best 2 big men are now out. No chance now. Probably won't get through the Raps now. Though DWade against the Hornets. Dayum. I love watching that guy play basketball. Lol.

The recent stuff with Bosh is pretty fucked up/weird.

Ya, a lot of people think he's going to be forced to retire.

Also, to what AFO said, the raps were 3-1 against the cavs in the season I believe. A lot of people had the heat in this series, but the raps are proving to be the superior team.

That being said, I think all things being equal and if both teams played to full potential, the heat would probably win in 5.

Raps have incredible depth and a lot of chemistry on our bench, but Whiteside is a rich man's biyombo and the raps would have to rely a lot on sinking mid range jumpers.

I'm pumped to see what the raptors can do in free agency / trade this year. Really hope they let Derozan walk, as much as I love the guy, he's not THE GUY on a championship team.

Our Core:

PG: Lowry = top 5 pg in league, Cory Joseph = Solid backup PG who completely dominates in certain matchups and can guard Dwade

SG = Norm Powell: Derozan 2.0 with better defense and a better shot, can't wait to see what this kid can do next year in a bigger role, Terrence Ross: Inconsistent, heat check player off the bench, plays + defense sometimes and is trash at other times.

SF = Demarre Caroll: JYD 2.0. Love this dudes game, always a net positive on the court even when the shot isn't going.

PF = 2pat: Small power forward who can cover big SFs, tweener good enough to stick due to high IQ and 35% 3point shot.

C = Valanciunas: Slowly but surely becoming one of the best big men in the league. He's finally adding a jump shot and pass to his game and playing much better defence, Biyombo: Matchup nightmare for some and perfect big man in a small lineup. Would be awesome to see him learn how to catch a ball on offence

I think if the raps want to be better next year they need to let Powell take Derozan's starting job and they need to go after either a mobile PF or another wing player.

Im lookin at Al horford, Marvin Williams, Nic Batum, Courtney Lee, Jared Dudley, Terrence Jones, Ersan Ilyasova, Dwight Powell, Joe Johnson, David West. Some combination of a couple of those players, I think, would fill Derozan's shoes and if Norm can take a step forward offensively (which I think he can), we could be looking at a team in contention with the cavs for #1 in the conference.

I think I'm pretty much set on Nic Batum as our starting SF next year.

PG: Lowry, Joseph, Wright
    SG: Powell, Ross
    SF: Batum, Carroll
    PF: West, 2Pat, Caboclo
    C: JV, Biyombo, BeBe

+ whatever we get from the draft / sign and trade of derozan.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gyps View Post
    The recent stuff with Bosh is pretty fucked up/weird.
    I mean. The Miami Heat's staff is incompetent. Unless Bosh has some freaky clotting disorder that we don't know about, they should be preventing him from developing DVTs without the use of blood thinners. The only thing I can think of is the pooling due to sitting too much on planes or something. I doubt he has peripheral vascular disease. They should have been working on his calves and circulation immediately after his last bout with them. Shit... pay me a million bucks a year and I'll make sure he doesn't get clots in his calves. Lol.

What do you think is going on?

@Spence: Derozen made a huge leap in his game this year, didn't he? If he could get a consistent 3, he'd be a dominant 2 guard. If he works on that in the off season I could see him in the top 20. Lowry doesn't have as much potential IMO. He's good at everything, but I don't think he has the athleticism to take it to the next level. No one seems to agree with me on that. Watching Derozen destroy people though... He's got a great first step, speed, quickness, power. Just have to get that 3 down and defenses are going to be on their heels the whole game.

@Spence Lowry is a legit PG, but not top 5....Off top of my head 1) Curry 2) Westbrook 3) CP3 4) Lillard 5) Wall then I may even put Irving ahead of him. Once Teague is out of ATL or Schroder goes to the Sixers (one can dream ATL pulls the trigger) then Schroder is going to rise quickly too, but obviously he's not anywhere near the level of these guys yet.

Thread Information