Page 23 of 147 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Why must there be a game five? We all know it is over. What if Cavs just don't show up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    I can't believe this is an NBA Finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    This. So much this.

Would the Cavs have had a shot against OKC?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    Will not be watching game 5.

Lol...

So much for the greatest season ever. That block though by James was fucking amazing in real time considering the stakes.

So....pretty sure most of the hate accrued by James is gone right? No matter what, he brought a championship to Cleveland. He could go play for the Warriors next year and nobody would or should care right? Crazy. That game was awesome. One of the best I've ever seen and considering all the blow outs, perfect way to end the season.

That was one of the best game 7's ever and probably one of the best we will ever see. Can definitely see LeBron leaving Cleveland now that he brought them a championship. Can also see them trading Love in some sort of a deal to get LeBron the team he wants. At somepoint in their careers we'll see LeBron with D Wade, CP3 and Carmelo on an NBA Roster. Still can't believe how stacked that '03 draft was. Maybe Darko will sign with them for shits and giggles.

man totally had to dvr that game. cant wait to see it. cant wait to swe what skip bayless has to say. Lebron #1

My thoughts: Lebron is still tje best player in the world. I had this oppinion before but this solidifies that opinion. and 2 that gsw team is now not even a top ten all time team sadly. I was so ready to debate it with friends as the #2 best team of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    My thoughts: Lebron is still tje best player in the world. I had this oppinion before but this solidifies that opinion. and 2 that gsw team is now not even a top ten all time team sadly. I was so ready to debate it with friends as the #2 best team of all time.
    definitely a top 10 team of all time still. don't know what you're talking about.

No way man. So many better teams got it done in the finals. I dont think the cavs were half as good as the showtime lakers or birds celtics or the bad boys or the olajuwon rockets. Injuries aside, steph didnt show up when it counted so thats gg.

Congrats Cavs. I guess this game was rigged too?

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    No way man. So many better teams got it done in the finals. I dont think the cavs were half as good as the showtime lakers or birds celtics or the bad boys or the olajuwon rockets. Injuries aside, steph didnt show up when it counted so thats gg.
    They had the best regular season of all time and just couldn't close in the finals. One bad series. And it's one they should've won. Curry was missing shots that he could make with his eyes closed if given the chance again.

That being said I'm glad people are starting to come back down to earth and realizing LeBron is a far superior player to Curry. That being said Curry's unanimous MVP this year was 100% deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    Congrats Cavs. I guess this game was rigged too?
    No. But the games that made game 7 possible may have been. A guy posted this on a different forum I frequent a few days ago:

"Ayesha struck a chord with me, even with her retraction–especially with her retraction.

Imagine being caught up in a sport that could both make you feel that suspicious AND make you feel compelled to retract your suspicion in public, rather than just let it go. Wow!

I believe basketball would be much more entertaining and exciting, if it were not encumbered with such a distracting (at least to some) appearance of engineering of games.

In some ways, I don’t know which would be harder to correct: games appearing to be engineered this much, or games actually being engineered this much. If the games really were being engineered; that would be a pretty easy fix, assuming someone in authority had integrity. But if it’s just an appearance of engineering, then that is much tougher to fix and something pro and college basketball might never recover from.

Regardless, I wish I could watch and enjoy pro and college basketball without having to actively work at pretending I don’t see what appears to be engineering, even if it isn’t.

And I wish persons like Ayesha could, too. It must suck to have to suspect your husband, even just in a heated moment, is in what appears at times to be an engineered profession.

I wonder if the NBA and the media-gaming complex appear to be reaching a point where they are going to have to either stop actual engineering, if it were being engaged in, or accept that their product appears engineered and begin marketing it that way.

It seems unlikely they can have it both ways much longer, but you never know.

For a long time Neo did not care about the Matrix; then he did.

Agent Smith knew about the Matrix and wanted to keep it.

And the world behind The Matrix was more scary than entertaining.

Hard to say how things may go.

All we can really be confident of is that it will eventually go which ever way generates the most revenue.

Rock Chalk!"

It was posted before game 7. It kind of sums up how I feel about the NBA right now.

Thread Information