Page 27 of 147 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

buffalo is toronto essentially. 2 hour drive for us. go bills!

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    Ben Simmons....Here's to hoping Sam Hinike wasn't crazy and Simmons is the real deal! Also praying Colangelo doesn't fuck up 3 years of Sam Hinike's amazing plan.

What do you guys think of the rumored Okafor to Celtics for #3. I hate the idea of Simmons and Kris Dunn together, but everyday it looks more and more like it's going to happen. I didn't watch too much Dunn in college, but I'd prefer more of a shooter than a typical PG when playing along Simmons. That being said he's supposed to be a great defender so I suppose I'd be happy. Even without knowing if Embiid will play or not we saw last year Noel and Okafor can't work together and I think Noel is more suited for today's NBA despite Okafor having more talent.
    honestly makes no sense for the celtics to make that trade. I think the celts either want cousins or theyll stick with the pick. Cousins to the celts for the #3 pick and tons more would be really exciting for both teams.

i say celts draft bender

also if that happens jamal murray is #3. Dude can shoot and is clutch as hell. Could see him fitting extremely well beside simmons as a pg with a defensive minded sg/sf

murray pg, simmons point forward, noel center, sign that nub sg from atlanta to play 3 and D and stick covington at sf. That sounds like a 30 win team to me potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    murray pg, simmons point forward, noel center, sign that nub sg from atlanta to play 3 and D and stick covington at sf. That sounds like a 30 win team to me potentially.
    murray is a 2 guard in NBA. Also Embid is way better than Noel. Covington is a bench player need to find a real SF

I think his most viable position defensively is pg. He's undersized and not athletic enough to envision him guarding SGs in the NBA.

I personally would have Ben Simmons playing point guard for the 6ers on offense and Murray playing SG on offense as well with some ball handling duties (kinda like steph curry and draymond green or LeBron and Kyrie) but u absolutely can't have murray playing SG on defense.

Id draft him as a combo guard who can play either spot and stick a 3-D athletic shooting guard beside him to cover up his flaws.

I don't understand why you would want to draft Dunn when u basically said yourself that murray (a pure scorer/shooter) would fit better beside Simmons on offense then a pure pg who doesn't have the best jump shot.

I hate the idea of Simmons and Kris Dunn together, but everyday it looks more and more like it's going to happen. I didn't watch too much Dunn in college, but I'd prefer more of a shooter than a typical PG when playing along Simmons. That being said he's supposed to be a great defender so I suppose I'd be happy.
    Spence did you miss this part of the post? I'd rather find a way to package our later first round picks and move to 5-8 where we can get Murray/Hield

Hawks finally got their trade. Surprised the Jazz gave up the 12 pick for George Hill though.

Spence did you miss this part of the post? I'd rather find a way to package our later first round picks and move to 5-8 where we can get Murray/Hield

Hawks finally got their trade. Surprised the Jazz gave up the 12 pick for George Hill though.
    Ya I read that which is why I was confused u seemed against playing Murray at PG on the 6ers. He's basically in the same mold as steph, irving and lillard athletically and taller to boot. Just a matter of if he can score efficiently and consistently at the NBA level which is always going to be questionable. The shooting talent is there and he has to vision to be a secondary ballhandler/PG.

My issue with playing him at SG is that u probably would be giving up too much defensively on the wing. Lillard + CJ McCollum is a prime example of 2 combo guards incapable of guarding bigger faster wing players.. the trailblazers defense will rank in the bottom 10 of the league until they trade one of them.

The bulls just traded Rose to the Knicks.
    Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 2nd-round pick for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon

Thread Information