Page 37 of 147 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Nope, but if rumors are true, Pau Gasol is in play for SA. Even though I'd rather have Tim, Gasols offensive production would be nice and his passing would be fantastic in SAs system. Still need another shooter though, really missed Bellineli last year.

I wonder if it's going to be a trend for OKC: Eliminate SA, trade important player away in summer.

Oh man Pau would be great on the spurs. Pau + Aldridge is such a fucking good frontcourt. You guys just need a viable pg imo, parker looks so done

I'd bank on Danny Green bouncing back a bit.

Luwawu could be a real steal for the 6ers here. Great pick at 24 imo

Damn was really hoping for johnson or luwawu and they go back to back lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    So happy with the Thunder trade. Ibaka has always been a thorn in the Spurs side. They would much rather deal with Oladipo and the others versus Ibaka.

Thunder got better versus Warriors, worse versus San Antonio.
    Ibaka is not very good. At least, not for his salary level. Imo he declined this year compared to the two years before that. You'd know way more than me about how the Thunder and Spurs match up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    I think NBA teams are just getting smarter with scouting. Ellenson has some NBA skill, but he's so useless defensively and hoping he develops into the shooter that people think he can be just isnt worth it. I think we can all agree his ceiling just isn't high enough to risk a lottery pick.
    This draft is also just horrifically weak overall and especially with players from North America. Next year tho...

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Nope, but if rumors are true, Pau Gasol is in play for SA. Even though I'd rather have Tim, Gasols offensive production would be nice and his passing would be fantastic in SAs system. Still need another shooter though, really missed Bellineli last year.

I wonder if it's going to be a trend for OKC: Eliminate SA, trade important player away in summer.
    Pairing Gasol and Aldrige on offense would be a nightmare for opposing teams.

Ya, I like this draft internationally though, it's pretty compelling. Looks like the raps are gonna get Deyonte Davis here or Patrick Mccaw. Don't think they'll draft labissiere or some random here. I'll be pissed if they do lol.

Davis intrigues me. I do not think he played to his potential this year. Thinks he is a guard a bit too much imo.

Ibaka was still effective on defense. Offensively he helped OKC by spacing the floor to the three point line and giving more room to Durant/Westbrook to drive and dish, which also helped Adams a ton.

Ibaka also was recovering from an injury from last year, so that combined with less prominent role in the offense could probably be attributed to everyone thinking he wasn't as good.

But you can't deny that Ibaka allowed OKC to do some special things on defense, and he was always present when people drove in the lane. I thought he was fantastic against Golden State, and while the numbers don't do him justice against SA, he altered a lot of shots just with his presence. That's gone now.

If you want an idea of what I mean, watch the first two games of the 2014 Western Conference a Finals when SA absolutely shredded OKC. I get they have Adams now, but Adams is not the terror that Serge is on defense.

I'm also not as high on Oladipo. His shooting is streaky, really streaky. He actually shot worse than Ibaka on 3's, which is not what you want your two guard to do. Personally think Reggie Jackson is better than him, so you basically trade Jackson and Ibaka for Oladipo, Kanter, and Sabonis since they may lose Waiters. Not as high on this trade for OKC.
    Last edited by The Professor; 06-23-2016 at 10:40 PM.

Next year is ridiculous. Jackson, Tatum, Giles, Fox, Bryant, D. Smith, Fultz, Ball, Adebayo, Rabb, Isaac, R. Smith, Monk, Bridges... Not even listing internationals here. Also Jarrett Allen is very skilled but I'm not sure if he is OAD. Lots of talent here.

Thread Information