Page 4 of 147 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Of course not if we're talking dynasty. This year tho, Lowry was probably the #4 or 5 pg.

Next year, I'd probably take lowry as well unless Lillard can take another step forward. A healthy Lowry should be able to replicate what he did this year. If this playoff lowry is the new lowry moving forward you obviously have to pick Lillard.

Long term, I think Wall is the best of the bunch. Only thing missing from Wall's game is a reliable jump shot and a remotely decent squad around him. That Wizards team is fucking terrible and Wall is obviously a play maker. Can't really make his teammates better if they consistently miss the open shots he gives them lol. I hope he reaches his potential, but I don't know if he will. He looked distraught at times this year and Paul Pierce didn't like him (Paul Pierce's opinion is pretty much gospel to me).
    For this year I'd have taken any of the guys I listed over Lowry. I've follow Lowry since his time at Nova (local guy for me), but while he's solid he doesn't have potential to take over a game like the other guys I listed do. Wall absolutely has ability to be top player on a contending team. Look at last year for proof. Wizards were beat up this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    For this year I'd have taken any of the guys I listed over Lowry. I've follow Lowry since his time at Nova (local guy for me), but while he's solid he doesn't have potential to take over a game like the other guys I listed do. Wall absolutely has ability to be top player on a contending team. Look at last year for proof. Wizards were beat up this year.
    Lowry takes over games almost all the time lol. He took over vs the cavs and warriors in the regular season multiple times. In terms of scoring potential, I don't think Wall has a higher ceiling then lowry with his shot. They're both 22 ppg players in my mind. In terms of defence and vision, Wall could be a complete monster with the right players. Lillard and irving have the highest scoring potential obviously (25-28 ppg players?), but they're both poor man versions of steph and neither plays on a team that can hide the absolute trash defense they play. I'm sorry but ur totally wrong with that statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENKFJGDCp6w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p6ycwE_OiE

What happened to the Spurs? So sad... They're just too slow/old or something.

Westbrook and ibaka weren't trash in this series. Okc is clicking. I kinda wanna take back what I said about durant on the Celtics now, Okc may have issues as a team but Westbrook was amazing in that spurs series. The issue I've always ha with him is he takes away from durant, but they played really well together all series. Looked lik the corner three completely kill the spurs, good Okc coaching and unselfish play

Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    Well I mean it's not like they got blown out in the series, just last game. They need to replace Parker, he's past it. Saw a report this morning saying they could court Mike Conley

Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    Sad sad day

It's not like SA got blown out though, aside from Game 6. They had 4 4th quarter leads and led most of the series. the ironic thing, OKC's weakness in the regular season (bench and crunch time execution) ended up being their strengths. Hell, Dion Waiters looked more than competent this series while Patty Mills looked like a dumpster fire.

Edit: Fuck the refs as well. Tuuurrrrrriiibbbbbblllleeeeeee

This was San Antonios series to lose and they did. I'm pretty sure they also generated more uncontested shots for the series that they just missed. Make or miss league and even though they were open, they missed.

As such, I don't believe OKC will even scare Golden State. They don't have enough perimeter shooting, and they don't even have the advantage in point guard that they did against SA, which is critical to their success. While they will rebound a lot in the series, I don't see the bigs for OKC being as important this series since they have to deal with a lot more PnR than they did against SA.

For OKC to have a chance, Kevin Durant will literally have to average 40/game. It's possible, just highly unlikely. Golden State in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    For OKC to have a chance, Kevin Durant will literally have to average 40/game. It's possible, just highly unlikely. Golden State in 5.
    He did average 36/12/6 against them this season though. Not too unlikely.It's gonna come down to ball security a lot, i think. The Thunder are gonna out rebound GS it's basically a given. We can't afford to turn it over at the same rate we did against SA because GS will convert that into way more points than SA.

Westbrook vs Steph is gonna be really interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    He did average 36/12/6 against them this season though. Not too unlikely.It's gonna come down to ball security a lot, i think. The Thunder are gonna out rebound GS it's basically a given. We can't afford to turn it over at the same rate we did against SA because GS will convert that into way more points than SA.
    Probably right.

OKC has always been a terrible match up for San Antonio since they just overwhelm them with athleticism. Eventually becomes too much, and they can do that to most teams,

Only problem is that they rely almost exclusively on said athleticism...and when they meet a team not bothered by it, they have a lot of trouble. That's why LeBron has always dominated them, and now the Warriors are too. OKC doesn't have great shooters, never have really. So when they can't attack the paint or generate easy points off turnovers, their offense goes to mush.

Same thing the other way. All of Miami/Cleveland/golden State have done a great job of creating turnovers and creating easy basket opportunities.

Lex, do you think OKC prefers a fast pace or slower paced game against GS?

probably fast pace, gs's only weakness imo has been turnovers. I dont think okc can play the slow paced game period. they need to stick to there game and hope durant/westbrook can overcome gs. only chance is see for okc is if gsw has a poor shooting night.

Thread Information