Page 41 of 147 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gyps View Post
    Bad deals everywhere TC.
    Truth. Damn truth.

Particularly horrible ones to me are Delly, Mozgov and Jeff Green even though that one is only 1 year. Sports money is lol.

One year deals theoretically are never bad. Two year deals with a team option are the best though.

Good deals I've seen: Fournier, Arthur, Bazemore, ish Smith, Lin,

Bad deals: Turner (LOL), Mozgov (lol), Conley (though he was gone if no max and they couldn't lose him), Parsons (Grizzlies really wanted to do last seasons injuries all over again), Delly.

I'm not sure about Howard. Bud is a great coach, definitely better than McHale and the tire fire that was Buckerstaff. Also, it remains to be seen how much of Howard sucking last year was due to team or injuries sapping his athleticism. Considering Howard's psyche, I'm leaning toward team. also, three years is a perfect contract length for both sides. Hawks probably get one solid year guarenteed, 50/50 on year two, and an expiring contract year three. Also, Howard's ceiling is higher than Horfords if used correctly.

Yeah Conley's contract is insane. I know there are other factors for players that make them even more money but for Conley have the biggest contract ever (even if temporary due to upcoming changes) is hilarious to me.

I hear what you are saying about 1 year deals it just perplexes me that teams continue to pay Green lots of money. He is one of those players that looks better than he is.

Just looked up Evan Turner's deal and yeah that's horrific. That kind of money on top of committing 4 years, just turrible.

Interested to see how the Hawks handle Dwight as well. He wants more post-ups than his current game indicates he should get. So if he becomes unhappy that is a problem but how many times can he be fed in the post to middling results? If he can accept a less prominent offensive role I think he still has some solid years of productive basketball left. He's never going to be 07-12 or so Dwight again but last year was actually much better for him than 15 so at least there is that.

KD a punk ass buster.

I hope OKC manages to pick up a decent FA and destroy the Warriors in the WCF.

Doesn't seem likely.

Unless God is a free agent I mean.

Always knew you can't trust a longhorn, they're all shit

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Always knew you can't trust a longhorn, they're all shit
    A+ 10/10.

This is insane. Warriors will be huge favourites now.

Thread Information