Page 44 of 147 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

I haven't heard much talk about the subject of 73 wins and playoff fatigue. I know it cropped up when the Warriors fell behind 3-1 to the Thunder, and people started to say they shouldn't have chased the record because now they're fizzling out. But what about them losing in the Finals to a Cavs team they looked like they would beat in 5 or 6 games. Didn't sweep the Rockets or the Blazers, so those are extra games you have to play, and in the playoffs it seems like every game is extra draining. Tough, tough 7 games against the Thunder, and then 7 games against the Cavs. Curry looked beat in the Finals (I've posted about the physical nature of playoffs vs regular season). Does anyone think that if they had rested at the end of the season that the entire team would have been better off heading into the playoffs?

I'm not trying to second guess decisions, because hindsight is 20/20. No way to tell Kerr what he should have done in a certain game or at a certain point in the season. Just curious about your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Btw, I'm with Manon in thinking the series is over after 5 games if Draymond plays. I am also a believer that if the Warriors didn't win that game, they stood a good chance they lose the series. That series vs OKC was brutal for them. I truly believe they were tired at the end. They got a lot of good looks but they just couldn't make them. I believe that was due to the physical and mental strain more than anything. Cavs outlasted GS.
    Prof mentioned it a little bit.

I think what people are really mad about, is the fact that the Thunder literally outplayed the Warriors, and lost due to historic three point shooting, three point shooting that then abandoned GS probably because of the tough series played against OKC.

Also, Kevin Durant had a horrible Game 6, where the Thunder led for most of the game but couldn't close it out (because Durant only does that to SA so fuck him extra for that). He had a talented enough team to beat the Warriors, and when HE and Westbrook couldn't close them out, he jumped ship to a team with 3 All-NBA players.

I can't fault a guy for wanting to leave a job for what he thinks will be a better job, but for competition, leaving a great job for...a great job seems weird? Makes me wonder just how much Durant truly disliked playing with Westbrook after this many years. For as close as they seem, it's the only thing that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I think what people are really mad about, is the fact that the Thunder literally outplayed the Warriors, and lost due to historic three point shooting, three point shooting that then abandoned GS probably because of the tough series played against OKC.

Also, Kevin Durant had a horrible Game 6, where the Thunder led for most of the game but couldn't close it out (because Durant only does that to SA so fuck him extra for that). He had a talented enough team to beat the Warriors, and when HE and Westbrook couldn't close them out, he jumped ship to a team with 3 All-NBA players.

I can't fault a guy for wanting to leave a job for what he thinks will be a better job, but for competition, leaving a great job for...a great job seems weird? Makes me wonder just how much Durant truly disliked playing with Westbrook after this many years. For as close as they seem, it's the only thing that makes sense.
    don't think it can be summed up better than this.... I think one additional factor could've been Russ telling KD hey I'm going to LA (or anywhere else) next year so if you want to go now's your chance. Also if that theory is right then Russ doesn't look like the bad guy for leaving next year since KD left before him haha

that and maybe he wanted to play in an actual system with ball movement. he said in his letter for the players tribune something about how he wanted to improve his game or maximize his potential. i would have to agree this move could really potentially make him better. Its amazing to think durant could be better then weve seen him in a system that emphasizes ball movement. Durant is a bit turnover prone, but I think in this system durant might be able to maximize his passing ability (which I pretty good). I think defensively durant could be better on this team as well. Honestly see durant being the #1 option on this team and draymond I gonna be even more of a double double machine. My bet is klay becomes entirely a spotup shooter, steph regresses a bit and plays a bit more off the ball, draymond plays a shit ton of point forward and avgs 8+ assists per game and durant morphs into an unstoppable shooting centre.

steph - klay - iggy - green - durant...

KD leaving OKC is a bitchmade move.

Also fuck Al Horford. Changed all his shit on twitter to Celtics in an instant, took 3 days to write a trash ass 2 sentence tweet with no sentiment to the fans that cheered him on.

Also fuck Lil B.

K I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    that and maybe he wanted to play in an actual system with ball movement. he said in his letter for the players tribune something about how he wanted to improve his game or maximize his potential. i would have to agree this move could really potentially make him better. Its amazing to think durant could be better then weve seen him in a system that emphasizes ball movement. Durant is a bit turnover prone, but I think in this system durant might be able to maximize his passing ability (which I pretty good). I think defensively durant could be better on this team as well. Honestly see durant being the #1 option on this team and draymond I gonna be even more of a double double machine. My bet is klay becomes entirely a spotup shooter, steph regresses a bit and plays a bit more off the ball, draymond plays a shit ton of point forward and avgs 8+ assists per game and durant morphs into an unstoppable shooting centre.

steph - klay - iggy - green - durant...
    1st and foremost. iggy will be the 6 man I believe.

2nd green would be C with Durant at the 4 in that situation. may even put iggy on the 4 to keep Durant at 3 at times. I think you're correct to assume Curry/Thompson will play off the ball more, but that's what happens when a superstar joins your team. Curry seems to be perfectly fine taking back seat to Durant, which I find interesting.

Golden State can't play small all the time. That's too taxing going against bigger teams. That's what wore them down against OKC. They may have picked up West and Pachulia, but they have no rim protection. For all the points they are gonna score, they're going to give up quite a bit to teams that penetrate well (Portland, Clippers, Cavs, etc). I'm also really intrigued what a healthy Clippers team can do against them. This will be the last year the current Clippers team has a chance for a title before they shake things up. Can Blake punish the Warriors because he's going to have a massive advantage as will Deandre on PnRs. Going to be interesting.

I project the Warriors will finish between 65-67 wins next year. They'll lose a few more close games, and conserve more energy during the year with a thinner bench causing more losses. In the postseason though, I expect them to be juggernauts. Unless the Clippers, Spurs, or Cavs find a way to score on them consistently, I see them making a grand run if healthy.

Also, kinda intrigued by Memphis. Gasol, Randolph, Conley, and Parsons is pretty potent IF healthy. They also have some decent bench players. Who knows but maybe they can do some damage next year as well.

Thread Information