Page 45 of 147 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    1st and foremost. iggy will be the 6 man I believe.

2nd green would be C with Durant at the 4 in that situation. may even put iggy on the 4 to keep Durant at 3 at times. I think you're correct to assume Curry/Thompson will play off the ball more, but that's what happens when a superstar joins your team. Curry seems to be perfectly fine taking back seat to Durant, which I find interesting.
    Oh no doubt about iggy playin 6th man minutes, I was just highlighting that lineup. I actually think Durant is going to play very little 3 this year. Of course he will play the 3, but the warriors is essentially positionless basketball. I just think it's fascinating the how the warriors could potentially play with that lineup.

Regardless of position in that lineup, I think Durant and Green will be switching a ton and Durant will guard some centres. Green has more lateral quicks and you would rather him guarding the perimeter/help defence for certain matchups and Durant has the length/size to play the 5.

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Golden State can't play small all the time. That's too taxing going against bigger teams. That's what wore them down against OKC. They may have picked up West and Pachulia, but they have no rim protection. For all the points they are gonna score, they're going to give up quite a bit to teams that penetrate well (Portland, Clippers, Cavs, etc). I'm also really intrigued what a healthy Clippers team can do against them. This will be the last year the current Clippers team has a chance for a title before they shake things up. Can Blake punish the Warriors because he's going to have a massive advantage as will Deandre on PnRs. Going to be interesting.

I project the Warriors will finish between 65-67 wins next year. They'll lose a few more close games, and conserve more energy during the year with a thinner bench causing more losses. In the postseason though, I expect them to be juggernauts. Unless the Clippers, Spurs, or Cavs find a way to score on them consistently, I see them making a grand run if healthy.

Also, kinda intrigued by Memphis. Gasol, Randolph, Conley, and Parsons is pretty potent IF healthy. They also have some decent bench players. Who knows but maybe they can do some damage next year as well.
    Don't forget Utah. I feel like Utah could really make some noise in the playoffs if they can get there. They could be bad boys .

I feel like Minnesota could be a 7 or 8 seed in the West next season. Towns just had a pretty insane rookie season that hasn't been talked about a lot. Wiggins didn't have the type of year maybe some people were hoping he would have, but he was still pretty good (21 ppg and improved efficiency). And both of those guys have been working this offseason. As has LaVine.

http://bringmethenews.com/2016/06/30...d-this-summer/

Those guys are still only 20/21 years old. If they continue to improve I think you could see something similar to OKC with Minnesota. Remember OKC was 23-59 in the 2008-2009 season and then 50-32 in the 2009-2010 season. Minnesota won 29 games last season. I wouldn't surprised if they won 45ish next season. Wolves were bad defensively last season and they should be better with Thibodeau as a coach. They drafted Kris Dunn, who was a 2-time Big East DPOY, and they signed Cole Aldrich who can play good defense off the bench.

Now they just need to trade Rubio, get rid of Pek's expiring contract, and find some perimeter shooting.

Yes, finally! I had no idea what to do with all this flac.

Well now you know.

Why is no one else pissed about KD? Like why is this a whatever thing here besides Lex and myself?

Didn't you read my posts?

They weren't angry enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Why is no one else pissed about KD? Like why is this a whatever thing here besides Lex and myself?

Swear to god if Sixers get Calderon I'm gonna be pissed. Looks like they're about to sign wade and need to clear cap space.

edit: looks like he'll be waived and Dunleavy traded to Cavs, Nets or Bucks.
    Last edited by Greendaybum5; 07-06-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Thread Information