Page 46 of 147 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Wade to Bulls

Dunleavy to Cavs

Tim Duncan played in an average of 86.5 games per year. Never missed the playoffs in 19 seasons. What an incredible career.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Tim Duncan played in an average of 86.5 games per year. Never missed the playoffs in 19 seasons. What an incredible career.
    No team/player in any sport had a better winning % during his career as well.

Was so much fun to watch

YES Raps signed Sullinger to a cheap contract. Was hoping he or quincy acy would sign with us on the cheap after all the crazy shit goin on. I think this gives us a pretty clear top 3 roster in the east behind the cavs and probably close with the celtics. I'm paranoid lowry is just gonna fall apart after what happened to his shot in the playoffs though lol. Our summer league team is pretty promising too, nice to see norm powell and delon wright are 2 of the best young players in the league. Our first rounders look like they will be able to contribute in small spurts as well. On top of that it looks like we've just signed Fred Vanvleet (undrafted PG) to a partially guaranteed contract so it looks like our roster is set for next season pending trades.

PG: Lowry - Joseph - Wright - Vanvleet
    SG: Demar - Ross - Powell
    SF: Carroll - Caboclo
    PF: Patterson - Sullinger - Siakam
    C: Valanciunas - Bebe - Poeltl

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    YES Raps signed Sullinger to a cheap contract. Was hoping he or quincy acy would sign with us on the cheap after all the crazy shit goin on. I think this gives us a pretty clear top 3 roster in the east behind the cavs and probably close with the celtics. I'm paranoid lowry is just gonna fall apart after what happened to his shot in the playoffs though lol. Our summer league team is pretty promising too, nice to see norm powell and delon wright are 2 of the best young players in the league. Our first rounders look like they will be able to contribute in small spurts as well. On top of that it looks like we've just signed Fred Vanvleet (undrafted PG) to a partially guaranteed contract so it looks like our roster is set for next season pending trades.

PG: Lowry - Joseph - Wright - Vanvleet
    SG: Demar - Ross - Powell
    SF: Carroll - Caboclo
    PF: Patterson - Sullinger - Siakam
    C: Valanciunas - Bebe - Poeltl
    I'll take Sixers > Raptors Roster anyday! Raptors squad is decent, but has 0% shot at a title in the future. You can't really complain about the Sullinger signing in any way as he's on a prove it deal, but I just don't see them even making it to ECF this year. I love the Horford to Celtics move as I think they'll be able to attract another good free agent next year to pair with him and their young talent.

Hahahaha we'll talk about the sixers roster being a title contender when your closer philly, till then you sush you're mouth about the sixers vs the raps .

I completely agree about the celtics though, they could really be a much improved team. That being said, I really like the raptors squad. You never hear about any of our players getting in trouble, they're all just gym rats who chill together with their families. Really amazing environment to be around. Also, I definitely disagree about the raptors not having a chance to go to the ECF. We were very clearly the 2nd best team in the east last year and that was without a healthy carroll for 90% of the games, a healthy jonas for 40% and a healthy lowry for most of the friggin playoffs.

You'd have to be sleeping pretty hard on us to say we have a low chance of making it back. I don't think any team in the east has improved enough to definitively say they are on par with us other then the celtics. I'd also never count out the hawks.. horford (as amazing a player that he is) was always a bit of a weakness for the hawks against teams with legit bigs (like the raps and pistons) because they'd get outrebounded super hard. I think Howard beside milsap could potentially fix that problem if he fits into that system.

Way I see it, the celtics and hawks need a few things to go right to be on par with us or the raps need a few things to go wrong. I believe projection systems will like the C's more then the raps, but it's hard for me to accept at this point all things considered lol.

Way I see it,

Lowry + Joseph > Smart + Thomas (arguably)
    Demar + Powell > Bradley + Jackson? (definitely)
    Demarre + Ross > Crowder + Brown (very arguably)
    Olynyk + Johnson > Patterson + Sullinger (definitely)
    Horford + Zeller > Jonas + Bebe (arguably)

This is pretty much what I can imagine from the two teams regular rotations pending trades and breakouts, and I don't think the advantage they have in the frontcourt makes up for the advantage we have on the wings and in the backcourt. I think Smart would really have to improve this year to compare our guards and Carroll/Crowder should be much closer this year if carroll isn't a complete bust of a signing lol. Also: what you said about horford and free agency isn't going to apply well to the c's if they don't take another step forward (beat the raps). We're all gonna have plenty of cap space next year to sign a big free agent and I think if the raps are still better, we'd be a more likely destination. OKC is gonna be pillaged (ibaka too)

Could see the Bulls, Knicks and Magic all take a big leap forward this year.

Obviously the first two I mentioned have some injury concerns, but if people stay healthy then you never know. I'm a big fan of what the Magic have. Ibaka/Biyombo would be a lethal defensive 4/5 combo, to go with Fournier (who I'm a huge fan of). Not to mention they have Vucevic who's improved every year. They could still move Vucevic to help with some other spots too. Elfrid Payton is an average starting PG still learning the game and Aaron Gordon had some nice stretches last year.

Staying in the Southeast... You could see the Wizards have a nice bounceback year too. Don't forget just two years ago they were a playoff team.

Moving to the Central - Bucks, Pistons, and Pacers all improved and I think Indiana probably has the 2nd best roster in the East when you take a minute and look at it. Teague, Monta Ellis, PG, Thad Young, Myles Turner, Al Jefferson(Great backup C, he killed opponents benches last year)....Bucks are only going to get better with age too. That team is full of young athletic freaks.

Basically after the Cavs any number of teams could easily finish 2. It's not as much as a 2 team race for second. Biyombo had a good amount of 20 rebound games last year for you guys. You think JV is gonna do that? Powell has been tearing up Summer League he's fun to watch. Hope he develops into something someday.

Also it's funny how ESPN's depth charts have some rookies on there. i.e. Ingram is on Lakers. But Simmons and Dunn (the only 2 others I checked) aren't.

If the Knicks stay healthy they will be deece, but it's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gyps View Post
    deece

Thread Information