Page 5 of 147 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Personally think the raptors have a chance against the cavs. If JV can come back and play as well as he was in the heat series I dont think the cavs really have an answer for him on either end.

With lowry playin at his peak, I think he can shut down kyrie to an extent and make him look silly. We can hide demar and jr smith, carroll will be on lebron every second hes on the court with james johnson or norm powell coming in if carroll needs a breather, patterson can cover love about as good as anyone in the league, and tristan thompson is gonna be a joke beside bismack and jonas.

I swear im not being a homer, but with kyle and demr putting up points the cavs are going to have a much harder time steamrolling us then they did the other twams and I definitwly think we can score on them. Channing frye scares me.

Toronto is pretty good defensively, and I personally think that getting out of the first round, and now the Second round, has officially eliminated any pressure they have/had. They should play even better than they did in the first two rounds as long as Jonas is healthy.

That said, I think it still boils down to Cleveland hitting shots. Cavs go cold, Toronto can pull the upset. If Cleveland hits, they win in 5, no more than six. Clevelands talent will allow it to find many open shots, especially threes. Add in Frye, and you get even more spacing. I would take a lineup of JR, Kyrie, Love, Frye and James as the best 5 man shooting lineup in the league. Better than Curry, Klay, Barnes, Dray, and 5th guy. (Not better team mind you, just pure shooting) Toronto just doesn't have that firepower.

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Toronto is pretty good defensively, and I personally think that getting out of the first round, and now the Second round, has officially eliminated any pressure they have/had. They should play even better than they did in the first two rounds as long as Jonas is healthy.

That said, I think it still boils down to Cleveland hitting shots. Cavs go cold, Toronto can pull the upset. If Cleveland hits, they win in 5, no more than six. Clevelands talent will allow it to find many open shots, especially threes. Add in Frye, and you get even more spacing. I would take a lineup of JR, Kyrie, Love, Frye and James as the best 5 man shooting lineup in the league. Better than Curry, Klay, Barnes, Dray, and 5th guy. (Not better team mind you, just pure shooting) Toronto just doesn't have that firepower.
    No doubt about that, I just think purely on matchups Toronto has about as good a team as u can get to pull off an upset against the cavs. Lowry matches up well against kyrie, Derozan on JR smith is a good matchup, Carroll on Lebron is lol but I mean, better then what anyone else in the east has outside of maybe the celtics, 2pat on Love is actually pretty gamebreaking when u think about it, Pat has the size to box him out from getting 15 rebounds a game and can easily defend him in the post/on the perimeter and obviously the centre matchups are going to be a big problem for the cavs.

I can't say I THINK the raps are going to beat the cavs, I just think if lowry and derozan play well the cavs don't have the bigs to stop them and we actually have a decent enough defence to slow them down at every position. I'm so excited to see how we do against a real team in the playoffs. (Wizards last year were probably for real honestly, but brooklyn - pacers and heat were all pretty weak, we just shit the bed in those series')

Just watched the highlights from the game yesterday because I was unfortunately unable to watch it and Mcroberts almost got choke slammed by biyombo.

Also @lex/philly lowry took over this game

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Just watched the highlights from the game yesterday because I was unfortunately unable to watch it and Mcroberts almost got choke slammed by biyombo.

Also @lex/philly lowry took over this game
    Lowry did have a great game. I still stand by my prior statements though when comparing to other PG. Interested to see what Derozan does in the offseason. He did put up 28 points, but off top of my head I think I was on 29 shots. or 29 pts on 28 shots. something like that....

My guess is both GS and Cle win in 5. I'm incredibly impressed with how Lue has gotten Love to play his game on this Cleveland team. I thought the Blatt firing was a cop out, but Lue resurgence of Love I think has validated the decisions. Hats off to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    Lowry did have a great game. I still stand by my prior statements though when comparing to other PG. Interested to see what Derozan does in the offseason. He did put up 28 points, but off top of my head I think I was on 29 shots. or 29 pts on 28 shots. something like that....

My guess is both GS and Cle win in 5. I'm incredibly impressed with how Lue has gotten Love to play his game on this Cleveland team. I thought the Blatt firing was a cop out, but Lue resurgence of Love I think has validated the decisions. Hats off to them.
    It was 28 on 29 shots, derozan is still terrible, but it's kinda a thing that when he can score 20 or so points the raps win games lol. And ya it's understandable, Lowry vs Lillard is very debateable imo. Think you're a bit off on wall and kyrie vs lowry though. Lillard and lowry are definitely in the tier below westbrook, steph and cp3, but they're (to me) above kyrie and wall.

All that being said, if I had to choose one to start my team I'd take lillard because he's probably a top 5 ball handler and shooter in the league. You don't get that much offense out of one player often. Lowry is certainly a secondary player in an ideal situation.

Also: I'd probably take the guy from the suns over Wall and Kyrie atm. Before his injury, he looked amazing. Drawing a blank on his name right now tho. Not Brandon Knight.

OKC in 4. Durant averages 50 Russ averages 20/20/20 Steve averages 15 "mates" per interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    It was 28 on 29 shots, derozan is still terrible, but it's kinda a thing that when he can score 20 or so points the raps win games lol. And ya it's understandable, Lowry vs Lillard is very debateable imo. Think you're a bit off on wall and kyrie vs lowry though. Lillard and lowry are definitely in the tier below westbrook, steph and cp3, but they're (to me) above kyrie and wall.

All that being said, if I had to choose one to start my team I'd take lillard because he's probably a top 5 ball handler and shooter in the league. You don't get that much offense out of one player often. Lowry is certainly a secondary player in an ideal situation.

Also: I'd probably take the guy from the suns over Wall and Kyrie atm. Before his injury, he looked amazing. Drawing a blank on his name right now tho. Not Brandon Knight.
    Eric Bledsoe? He's nice, but not in these guys category yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    Eric Bledsoe? He's nice, but not in these guys category yet.
    I think he's closer then a lot of people give him credit.

Congrats Spence. Raptors are probably the only team left I would enjoy see win it. I would also enjoy seeing GS lose, but that's beside the point. Haha.

Thread Information