Page 57 of 147 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Maybe I just dont understand basketball markets like I do baseball markets, but I think I made a fair case as to why a team might value our young pieces. The raptors have the best nba ready depth in the NBA right now and its not even close. I can understand people arguing why boston or another team has more resources to trade for boogie, but you cant argue that jonas and ross arent significantly valuable pieces. Both are young, on cap friendly deals, and both have shown signs that they would benefit from having larger roles. Jonas especially.

As far as me being a homer is concerned, I think you know me well enough by now or at least have read enough of my posts in these sports threads (sano) to know im a fan of the sports before teams. I may have a small bias for the raptors right now because they dont get enough love from you guys (lowry 〉kyrie), but I can recall two years ago in the alcs against the royals saying that the royals were a better team when everyone was saying toronto was a juggernaut. Homers dont make those kinds of comments. I would invite you to engage my comment with a more challenging argument then spence you're overvaluing your players but if you really think im just a crazy homer I guess thats cool too.

And just like that Ross goes off for 24 points in 13 minutes while JV gets the big double double.

Is giannis a top ten player in the league right now? Only reason the bucks didnt just lose by 50 is because of his work on the glass and as the ball handler.

If hes a top ten player right now and he doesnt even have a jumpshot... thats scary as hell lol.

My top ten currently:

Lebron
    Durant
    Curry
    Kawhi
    Westbrook
    Harden
    Paul
    Davis
    Cousins
    Giannis

If your team is so great and has amazing nba depth then why even make a case to trade them lol. People aren't going to trade for role players that get hot unless their name is Jamaal Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    If your team is so great and has amazing nba depth then why even make a case to trade them lol. People aren't going to trade for role players that get hot unless their name is Jamaal Crawford
    I dont mean depth as in shitty bench players that are past their prime sano (crawdaddy hasnt been good since 2014). I mean depth as in we have a guy who doesnt play (norm powell) who would likely start on most teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Is giannis a top ten player in the league right now? Only reason the bucks didnt just lose by 50 is because of his work on the glass and as the ball handler.

If hes a top ten player right now and he doesnt even have a jumpshot... thats scary as hell lol.

My top ten currently:

Lebron
    Durant
    Curry
    Kawhi
    Westbrook
    Harden
    Paul
    Davis
    Cousins
    Giannis
    Hold on just a second. You're arguing that 10 out of the top 11 PER leaders are your ten best players as of this moment. I don't know dude, that seems a little crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Hold on just a second. You're arguing that 10 out of the top 11 PER leaders are your ten best players as of this moment. I don't know dude, that seems a little crazy.
    Lmfao! I didnt even look at per for that. I just spewed that out of my large brain.

11 would have been blake for me btw, do I win?

I dont mean depth as in shitty bench players that are past their prime sano (crawdaddy hasnt been good since 2014). I mean depth as in we have a guy who doesnt play (norm powell) who would likely start on most teams.
    Jamal Crawford literally won sixth man of the year last season.

Why would you give up a guy who is talented enough to start that comes off the bench? I don't think you understand the value in that

Maybe I just dont understand basketball markets like I do baseball markets, but I think I made a fair case as to why a team might value our young pieces. The raptors have the best nba ready depth in the NBA right now and its not even close. I can understand people arguing why boston or another team has more resources to trade for boogie, but you cant argue that jonas and ross arent significantly valuable pieces. Both are young, on cap friendly deals, and both have shown signs that they would benefit from having larger roles. Jonas especially.

As far as me being a homer is concerned, I think you know me well enough by now or at least have read enough of my posts in these sports threads (sano) to know im a fan of the sports before teams. I may have a small bias for the raptors right now because they dont get enough love from you guys (lowry 〉kyrie), but I can recall two years ago in the alcs against the royals saying that the royals were a better team when everyone was saying toronto was a juggernaut. Homers dont make those kinds of comments. I would invite you to engage my comment with a more challenging argument then spence you're overvaluing your players but if you really think im just a crazy homer I guess thats cool too.
    Ross and JV are nice, but they aren't center pieces, especially since both are about to be getting paid. Also, unless things change dramatically their ceiling isn't as high as you think. They look nice now with Demar and Lowry, but they arent even good enough for second star status.

Also, both have been incredibly inconsistent, especially for star status. You really think JV is worth 100+ million? Because that's what it is going to take.

One other thing, a true NBA superstar is worth a tremendous amount. Boogie is a superstar. Yes he's a bit of a knucklehead and his teams have been bad, but i believe that's more of a product of a terrible organization than Boogie. No team should ever move a superstar unless they feel he won't re-sign.

Thread Information