Page 58 of 147 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    11 would have been blake for me btw, do I win?
    Naw, Jimmy Butler is 7th and Curry is 11th.

Ya id probably have jimmy behind draymond and maybe marc gasol, the teens get harder.

@sano 6th man of the year is a pretty bs award that goes to the bench player who has the highest ppg total. Crawford is a net neutral offensively and awful defensively. The clips bench as a whole is one of the worst in the league and he doesnt help.

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Ross and JV are nice, but they aren't center pieces, especially since both are about to be getting paid. Also, unless things change dramatically their ceiling isn't as high as you think. They look nice now with Demar and Lowry, but they arent even good enough for second star status.

Also, both have been incredibly inconsistent, especially for star status. You really think JV is worth 100+ million? Because that's what it is going to take.

One other thing, a true NBA superstar is worth a tremendous amount. Boogie is a superstar. Yes he's a bit of a knucklehead and his teams have been bad, but i believe that's more of a product of a terrible organization than Boogie. No team should ever move a superstar unless they feel he won't re-sign.
    JV already got paid dude. Hes locked up for 4 years at 15 mill ish per. And I know you're not necessarily gonna be as high on JV or Ross as I am, but I think JV is held back pretty hard in this raps system. The raps offense is very guard oriented and JV is a finnesse big, he doesnt thrive at all and his development is stunted. I think in the right scenario JV could become an offensive focal point. He obviously isnt Marc Gasol at this point, but he's as u said a serviceable starter on a tier 2 team with some upside and he's 24 on a good long term deal.

As for ross, I cant deny that he has benefitted tremendously from the fact that the raps system has been good to him. His strength has always been his shooting ability and hes been able to camp on the outside while dero and lowry did the real work for years. My argument for him is that Ross is finally showing a willingness to drive to the rim and create shots for himself. His inconsistencies on both sides of the court this year have been virtually gone (or at least hugely improved upon) all year and Ive watched every game so far. I think if given a chance to be "the guy" he could flourish. Personally think hes just a reaaaaallly good role player, but he's legitimately making ME question that and Ive been out on Ross since the wizards series 2 years ago. End of the day, even if he doesnt pan out as a #1 option for a basement team, he's on a 3 year 30million dollar contract when guys who arent much better then him (lookin at you harrison barnes) are gettin max contracts.

To be clear, I think JV has a higher floor of the two and Ross has the higher ceiling at this point. Ross has shown enough skills this year that he could potentially be a #1 option on a bad team right now. JV on the other hand, I think, has an outside chance at developing a 3 point shot and a passing game. Dont think marc gasol is realistic defensively at this point, but his offensive game has plenty of room to develop.

Ah you're right, he signed his extension before last season started. Pretty good deal for the Raps as he would have gone above 100 mil this year. He's worth that price, but that's hardly superstar material. He can't really create his own offense and while he's alright defensively. He's averaging 12/9/1. 12 points and only 9 rebounds on the #1 offense. Only averages 1 assist with said offense. Not only is he not even close to a #1 option, he doesn't even make others better.

Ross? He had a tantalizing rookie year where he showed flashes and has been incredibly inconsistent since then. Other than that, he can score from time to time but for a "dangerous wing" he doesn't even create for others. Harrison Barnes may be vastly overpaid but he is definitely better than Ross and it's not close.

Agree with you 100% on jonas, but I think hed be more like a 15-10 guy on a different team that actually featured him in the offense. The ceiling on him at this point isnt what we were hoping for, but he has a very underutilized faceup game that he could develop somewhere else and maybe be a real 3rd option for a good team.

Ross again I agree with u 100% prior to this year. His game has taken a massive leap. Hes clearly behind Derozan right now, but he looks a lot like a better version of demar when demar was ross' age. Ross has really cut down on the inconsistencies in his game and im really hopeful. As of right now, I personally still think ross is a role player/bench guy, but if teams are paying attention as close as I am (and they are) it wouldnt surprise me if someone out there would want to give ross a chance. And I dont deny barnes is better then Ross, but Ross can actually create for himself and has a better shot. Sky is the limit for him if he puts in the work. So far this season its hard not to believe in him a little.

And for the record, Im super mega high on norm powell lol the dude is a cold blooded killer.

Bored at work. Ranking my next ten.

Blake
    Green
    Marc Gasol
    Butler
    Kloe!
    Milsap
    Lillard
    Drummond
    Towns
    Kyrie

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Bored at work. Ranking my next ten.

Blake
    Green
    Marc Gasol
    Butler
    Kloe!
    Milsap
    Lillard
    Drummond
    Towns
    Kyrie
    Next ten cause im bored again!

PG13 (probably should be in front of someone ahead but not sure who)
    Horford
    Klay Thompson
    Gobert
    Jordan
    Mccollum
    Derozan
    Porzingis
    Anthony
    Wade

Paul George is definitely better than Butler. Doesn't get enough shine being on a disjointed (roster wise) Pacers team, but he's a better defender and much more polished offensively. Butler is close, but I'd take George every time.

Draymond is maybe a top 15 player on the Warriors, but he wouldn't even be top 30 outside of them. Defensively he's great, but offensively he's terrible.

His second strength is playmaking/passing which wouldn't be as pronounced on another team. The Warriors offense relies on threat of shooting; teams have to hug them or risk open shots to the best shooting team. As such, with patience and good direction, GS is able to make decisive cuts which lead to easy baskets from a great passer.

While he is a good passer, if Draymond was the #1 offensive option on a team (which should be part of the criteria as a top player) his passing game would suffer. He can't create his own offense whatsoever and he's still a so-so shooter with WIDE OPEN shots. Imagine a higher percentage of shots contested and his efficiency would be even worse.
    Last edited by The Professor; 12-15-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Hes a rich man's paul milsap, and paul milsap is the lifeblood of a meh hawks team right now. Personally view Draymond as a glue guy as well, but you have to give the dude props for the elite level at which he plays his role. He is the best stretch big in the league by a wide margin, unless u consider some of the top ten guys and marc gasol lol. Im basing this list less on singular skill and more on player value. So ya Draymond may be a guy who needs other skilled players around him to work well, but he also boosts the skill of everyone around him and that's a skill I value highly and I think he is much more valuable in that sense then PG right now. PG (for me) isn't quite the player I thought he could be and im still waiting for him to prove he can really be a #1 scorer for the pacers. Him and Myles Turner, along with teague should definitely be challenging the raptors right now in the east, but they aren't even close and to me that says a lot. Butler and PG are much more comparable now then they should be considering how sweet PG's shot is and his size/athleticism advantage. There was a time where people laughed at comparing kawhi to PG, but Kawhi has surpassed him in every way other then ball handling and Jimmy is right their with him (PG).

That all being said, I think PG has the most talent of any player not in the top 10 so far (Jon Wall is comin up next and they are comparably elite talents). He might still be shaking off the injury rust.

Thread Information