Page 65 of 147 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Delon wright makin his way back from injury, excited to see what he can do after bulking up and working on his release in the offseason. He looked really promising in the dleague last year, can see him developing into a solid nba backup with a small chance at being a starter if he can figure out his jumper. Defense and ballhandling are nba ready and he has size.

Wow Spence we had two visitors this past week to what feels like our NBA one on one discussion thread lol

Does favors Burcs exam and a pick get Millsap and sefolosha from the Hawks?

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Does favors Burcs exam and a pick get Millsap and sefolosha from the Hawks?
    Why does Utah do that trade?

They have a top ten offense and defense right now without a viable power forward. Lyles looks very promising, but Millsap could push them to a championship calibre team in the mold of the Pistons with Rasheed wallace. The Hawks get favors who doesn't fit beside gobert, but could be a really solid 5 in the mold of Greg Monroe with some development, exum who has a few years before anyone should give up on his talent and Burcs who can be a bench scorer until his contract is up.

Millsap is no Rasheed and the Jazz aren't the Pistons.

That's a lot to give up for a player that will be a free agent looking for max money in his thirties. On top of that, it doesn't even make them a top 4 West team as the Spurs, Warriors, Rockets, and healthy Clippers would be better.

How can you say Millsap "isn't Rasheed" like Rasheed was some franchise player? They're certainly very comparable and valuable glue players. Rasheed was 30 when he was traded to the Pistons and he became the player we know and love after that deal. Millsap is a finished product mind you, but gobert is essentially the Ben wallace of our generation and the wings on Utah combined are certainly on par with Billups, Prince and Hamilton. I believe Utah would at least be on par with the spurs with Millsap in tow and they have more then enough cap room to sign both Hayward and Millsap long term.

So if u guys are saying it's a lot to give up then it only makes it easier for Utah to aquire Millsap lol. I've been saying since gobert emerged that Utah was my sleeper pick in the west and I'm glad they're proving me right this year after two disapointing seasons, but if they want to contend with no all stars they need a player like Millsap at the 4. They would have a top 5 offense and #1 defence with milsap No?

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    How can you say Millsap "isn't Rasheed" like Rasheed was some franchise player? They're certainly very comparable and valuable glue players. Rasheed was 30 when he was traded to the Pistons and he became the player we know and love after that deal. Millsap is a finished product mind you, but gobert is essentially the Ben wallace of our generation and the wings on Utah combined are certainly on par with Billups, Prince and Hamilton. I believe Utah would at least be on par with the spurs with Millsap in tow and they have more then enough cap room to sign both Hayward and Millsap long term.
    Rasheed had franchise talent. He never had the discipline to put teams on his back by himself and be a Superstar, but the talent was always there. Even on the Pistons, he was their best player. He was an offensive mismatch and could control segments of the game from the post, and defensively is one of the most underrated bigs, ever.

Millsap is a good player, he is. He does not have Rasheed's talent. That talent propelled Detroit to a championship when it was harnessed. Millsap going to Utah isn't going to uncover some special ability and propel them forward.

Hill, Hood, and Hayward are no Billups, Rip, and Tayshaun. They might be comparable offensively, but not defensively. Also, those Pistons teams were so much better at scoring easy baskets than jump shots.

I also don't believe in Hayward. He's an all-star, not a Superstar. And the Jazz have a good defense, but it's not all-time like those Pistons teams.
    Last edited by The Professor; 01-13-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Thread Information