Page 68 of 147 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Mav, I made a statement. It was shallow and based on my personal opinion. You discredit my opinion by saying I'm clueless and out of touch without actually providing a compelling statistical argument of your own as to why you think that. At least give me the benefit of the doubt before tossing around bullshit like that and understand that I will provide you with strong statistical facts to back up my opinion if you disagree with it... to me, you're just being a twat

Russell and Olajuwon are 1 and 4 on that list Prof posted that you enjoyed so much.

So yes, you saying Big Ben is in the same class as them is indeed laughable.

Ya and I plan to refute that list to an extent because prof is cool enough to post something substantial in this thread instead of trolling me with baseless comments.

you're like Cliche here

you get evidence and just ignore it and keep arguing

Maybe a bit, that's a bit of a leap though. I'm not as hostile and confrontational as cliche. I'm just pointing out that you're being a dick to me for no good reason. Would be cool if you actually respected me and my opinion so we could have a decent convo about Ben wallace's greatness, or even my claims that I think Gobert has a chance to be great. To me you just view my attempts at dialogue and interesting basketball conversation as blasphemous..

when you start the conversation by comparing Big Ben to the greatest center and biggest champion of all time and a revolutionary player like Hakeem, who has one-manned his team to a championship, then you're so far off-base that a debate isn't even reasonable

Ben defensively is comparable though dude, what set Olajuwon and Russel apart is that they were big parts of their offences. Olajuwon especially was the offensive focal point of his teams while simultaneously dominating the defensive end. I'm not comparing wallace to those 2 overall. I'll write a more in depth post about Ben soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    when you start the conversation by comparing Big Ben to the greatest center and biggest champion of all time and a revolutionary player like Hakeem, who has one-manned his team to a championship, then you're so far off-base that a debate isn't even reasonable
    One-manned? Hakeem had Clyde Drexler (injured for a bit but played at all-star level), Robert Horry, Sam Cassel, Mario Elie, and Vernon Maxwell and Kenny Smith. Clutch city. Hakeem was amazing, but he didn't have scrubs. Even if you discount everybody else, can't discount Drexler. Probably 2nd or 3rd best guard after MJ. (For the 90's. Not all time obviously.)
    Last edited by The Professor; 01-14-2017 at 08:50 PM.

he led the Rockets in every major statistical category (ppg, reb, ast, stl and blk) during the 94 championship

I would call that one-manning

It's close; not another superstar but he did have multiple double digit scorers.

I'd say if anybody one-manned their team to a championship, it was 2003 Tim Duncan and 2011 Dirk.

Thread Information