Page 7 of 147 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

I'm not a fan of Duke alumni in NBA besides Kyrie. Obviously that's a dumb reason to knock on Ingram, but I think Simmons is the better NBA prospect. Also LeBron's jump shot sucked when he came into the league and while it's not great now it's improved a great deal.

Mocks I see have the two of them going first pretty evenly. About a 50/50 split depending on which site you're looking at. Either way I'll be happy. I just would prefer Simmons I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Ya either or really, they're a scorer away from bein a pretty good team. Wiggy needs to step up on D and add some passing to his game too. Dude is incredibly good in stretches and less then terrence ross in others.
    Ohhhhh trust me I know all about Wiggs. Watch him in the NBA some but saw all his games at Kansas.

@philly: Enh, as mentioned before I don't think Simmons is on Lebrons level athletically or in terms of skill. I really like Ingram's ability to shoot so I think his floor is definitely higher. We will see though because I felt Simmons looked disinterested at times in college and hopefully that goes away now that he is getting paid.

so I just did sone research on the raptors cap situation and it seems like keeping biyombo and aquiring a player better then derozan will be borderline impossible. hearing that biyombo will fetch at least 13 mill in free agency. Pretty amazing for a player who was released by the hornets at the begining of the year. He's honestly almost worth that too. personally wouldnt want to pay him more then 10 even in the new cap system because of his offensive ineptitude. Defensively he's a rare breed at centre, but he can barely catch a pass lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    so I just did sone research on the raptors cap situation and it seems like keeping biyombo and aquiring a player better then derozan will be borderline impossible. hearing that biyombo will fetch at least 13 mill in free agency. Pretty amazing for a player who was released by the hornets at the begining of the year. He's honestly almost worth that too. personally wouldnt want to pay him more then 10 even in the new cap system because of his offensive ineptitude. Defensively he's a rare breed at centre, but he can barely catch a pass lol
    I followed him a lot this year because I play DraftKings daily.... I used to love the 4 point 15 rebound days. It's almost comical.

Ya it's awesome to see how far he's come this year too. Dude can get out and guard the perimeter to an extent, can block shots in the paint pretty well, can guard post ups against literally anyone in the league , but has no basketball skill on the offensive end. I don't understand why people don't think this guy has a high ceiling, he's only 23 and probably one of the top 5-10 big men in the league defensively (probably better then that even)

I'm trying to think of a better all around defender at the centre position and I'm having a hard time. Deandre, Gobert and Whiteside are the only ones that come to mind. Obviously, with the league trending smaller and guys like KAT - Draymond and AD playing centre Bismack falls behind a bit to them defensively, but I'd put him at 4th in the league based on what I can think of for true centres. Call me crazy, but he could be Ben Wallace in a couple years if all goes well.

Damn, definitely did not expect to lose both games by so much here. Playoff lebron is better then I could have imagined lol

Is this the first time the raps have gone up against LeBron? Lol. He's a boss...

Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    Is this the first time the raps have gone up against LeBron? Lol. He's a boss...
    First time competitively for sure.

I watched him beat up the Wizards for too many years. Now that GS is getting over-hyped, I'm routing for him though. I'm actually starting to like him.

I also like K-Love, and think he gets too much shit. His numbers were good this year, especially before Irving came back, and has been playing really well in the playoffs so far.

Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    I watched him beat up the Wizards for too many years. Now that GS is getting over-hyped, I'm routing for him though. I'm actually starting to like him.

I also like K-Love, and think he gets too much shit. His numbers were good this year, especially before Irving came back, and has been playing really well in the playoffs so far.
    Loves game is awesome. I think he gets the shit he deserves on defense, but he is one of the most dynamic offensive players in the league and he can rebound. Thing about big men in this league is they don't really need to be super defensive anymore IMO. That being said, if he couldn't rebound I think he'd be pretty trash lol. Him and Tristan Thompson do so much dirty work on the glass, while lebron pretty much single handedly does everything to keep the ball outta the net. I've watched lebron crush the raps for years too, but playoff lebron is everywhere both on defense and offense. It's really cool to see how healthy and happy he looks right now.

Thread Information