Page 77 of 147 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Yeah, we shit the bed and winning the East is probably out of the question now.

But the Cavs can eat a dick tonight! John Wall dropped 37 and 11 on sorry ass Kyrie.

I meant winning the east as in making it to the finals.

I've got a new top 50 I'm gonna post at the end of the season . Wall, Beal and Porter are among the biggest risers.

Fucking kings 22-3 run to beat the Clippers. Are you kidding me???

Starting to hear rumors the raps might let Kyle go in free agency. Would be a massive mistake.

Is the plan to tank? Who could they bring in that's better than Lowry? The NBA is kind of a joke now tbh since Durant went to GSW.

You should read up on this more. Lowry is 31, and aside from a couple of healthy seasons in Toronto, has been injury prone here and there. On top of that, he will be looking for max money, which is somewhere between 180-200 million for 5 years. Studies have shown that PGs typically decline around age 32-33. It's not that insane to comtemplate considering their window may only be this year, and two years more. Maybe.

Well yeah, but if the assumption is that they only have two more years before their window closes don't you just max Lowry and then gut the team to tank 2 years from now? Not signing Lowry seems like they think they already missed their chance and want to start the tank now.

Like, there are players I'd want on my team over Lowry. I don't see the Raptors getting any of them.

If they let Lowry walk, they'll be also ran status for several years with Derozan at the helm. I don't wanna watch the raptors grind for that 8th spot. Other then that last sentence by serge, it's essentially how I feel about the situation. Our window is basically closing after this year because of cap construction, and yes I think the raptors are a top 5 team in the NBA with Ibaka and tucker and a healthy Lowry, but if we sign Lowry there are scenarios where that window is extended and we can go into tank mode at the end of it or when Lowry declines.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    If they let Lowry walk, they'll be also ran status for several years with Derozan at the helm. I don't wanna watch the raptors grind for that 8th spot. Other then that last sentence by serge, it's essentially how I feel about the situation. Our window is basically closing after this year because of cap construction, and yes I think the raptors are a top 5 team in the NBA with Ibaka and tucker and a healthy Lowry, but if we sign Lowry there are scenarios where that window is extended and we can go into tank mode at the end of it or when Lowry declines.
    Prob top 6 next year when Sixers get a healthy Simmons and Embiid plus their 1 or 2 top picks in this draft....#Homie4ROY

Thread Information