Page 79 of 147 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Because all you did was build a case against houston. Ofc Isaiah Thomas is going do be a fucking defensive liability. You try guarding people that literally have 6"+ on you every game.

Try guarding people when you have 2 really slow front court players in your most used front court and an elite offensive combo guard who doesn't play defense consistently. (Ryan Anderson, Clint Capela and James Harden). Capela is promising defensively, but hes very green in the league, and cant make up for andersons incompetence. Ariza and beverly can only do so much for that team defensively and then the bench takes over and u have defensive sieves on your bench. They're ranked 17th in defensive efficiency ahead of a few teams I think have better defensive players and compositions.

Namely the wizards, pacers, bucks, magic and cavs...

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Try guarding people when you have 2 really slow front court players in your most used front court and an elite offensive combo guard who doesn't play defense consistently. (Ryan Anderson, Clint Capela and James Harden). Capela is promising defensively, but hes very green in the league, and cant make up for andersons incompetence. Ariza and beverly can only do so much for that team defensively and then the bench takes over and u have defensive sieves on your bench. They're ranked 17th in defensive efficiency ahead of a few teams I think have better defensive players and compositions.
    I think Harden is just as good if not a better fit in D'Antoni's system then Nash/Stoudemire were. That team was so fun to watch and I think it's why (with the sixers out) I'm cheering for the Rockets. They're super entertaining and look at how he runs the offense it's out of this world amazing. I think they average like 2-3x more 3's per game then the NBA record coming into this year. They also only shoot 3's or from within 3 ft of the basket. It's amazing how no other team has tried to mimic (at least successfully) this strategy.

Side note - Westbrooks triple double last night....Out of this world amazing. Think about all the other teams that had stars leave and how bad they were the next year.... Cleveland sucked, Toronto Sucked... Hornets (now pelicans) sucked when Paul left, Lakers post Kobe, Sixers after Iverson trade. Westbrook has his team in the playoffs the first year after Durant left and they're 12 games over .500. Simply amazing he should be the unanimous MVP.

I don't know how u can love the rockets so much and not think Harden is the mvp .

Honestly agree with everything ur saying bout Harden and the rockets, just not confident it's gonna work in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    I don't know how u can love the rockets so much and not think Harden is the mvp .

Honestly agree with everything ur saying bout Harden and the rockets, just not confident it's gonna work in the playoffs.
    I'm a basketball fan. How people are choosing Harden over Westbrook baffles me lol.

Harden is having a spectacular year with only slightly better talent around him than what's in OKC I suppose, but just don't see how people aren't appreciating what Russ is doing. We're watching one of the best statistical runs in the history of the NBA. I really wish the Sixers could find a way to scoop him up lol.

Sorry, Russ chasing rebounds doesn't impress me. He's the worst PG in the league at contest rate and FG% against because he's leaving his man to crash the boards and pad his stats. He leads the league in rebounds off missed free throws, because his big men box out for him and let him take them.His scoring and assisting are impressive, but the numbers he puts up are as much a product of his usage rate (7% higher than 2nd place Harden!) as they are his ability.

I wouldn't want him honestly. I don't know how you can win a championship with Russ unless u surround him with complimentary players. Defense first players who can shoot or get offensive rebounds like Jordan had. Those Bulls teams were dominant defensive teams more then they were offensively talented imo. Mj just propped up the offense with his shear statistical dominance. Like MJ, Russ would be a one man show on any team he plays for (even surrounded by talent) and that's really hard for players to gel with. To me Durant left because he felt Westbrook was a ball hog, and to me he's not wrong. The sixers young players would have a hard time developing surrounding russ imo.

Harden is honestly pretty similar, but he does it a lot more efficiently and with a lower usage rate.

Edit* wouldn't want him on the sixers.

Could you imagine russ on the pelicans?

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Sorry, Russ chasing rebounds doesn't impress me. He's the worst PG in the league at contest rate and FG% against because he's leaving his man to crash the boards and pad his stats. He leads the league in rebounds off missed free throws, because his big men box out for him and let him take them.His scoring and assisting are impressive, but the numbers he puts up are as much a product of his usage rate (7% higher than 2nd place Harden!) as they are his ability.
    Who else is going to use possessions on that team and pose the same threat? OKC is literally only relevant BECAUSE of Westbrook.

Thread Information