Page 80 of 147 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Could you imagine russ on the pelicans?
    if that happens sixers could get Jrue back

And as much as I can't wait to see Simmons and Embiid play a full year with the Homie complimenting them, I'd gladly take a Westbrook and let Brett Brown coach him. There are definitely better fits than Russ, but still would be fun to watch that team run the floor.

I think Harden should win MVP. Not gonna lie, before the season started, I thought Houston wasn't even going to make the playoff, and OKC was going to end up being the 5th or 6th best team in the West.

I'm not very impressed with Westbrook's assists and points, he's improved his passing a little bit but he's always been capable of this scoring and getting this many assists, he just has the balls in his hands every possession now since KD is gone. Despite of all that, he has't made much improvement, he's still a terrible decision maker, especially down the stretch. The rebounds are impressive though, yes he does chase rebounds but sometimes you just see him almost jump out of the building and snatch rebounds with just pure athleticism.

IMO, OKC has to end at least 4th or 5th in the West to have a legit MVP conversation of Westbrook vs Harden, if they end up 6th or 7th, Harden is the easy choice. You can say D'Antoni's system is helping him alot but he's improved his decision making alot and has become more of a willing passer. That being said, I have yet to see Harden have a great playoff run, I don't remember him playing great since he was in OKC during the playoff, everyone bashed Howard but Howard always showed up with the Rockets during the playoff as opposed to Harden.

Also, @ Spencer, man you overate how good Lowry is offensively by alot lol. I think the Wizards are the second best team in the East.

I don't deto. You just underrate him, as do most people.

You're kinda trolling me at this point. Ive listed so many undeniable facts about Lowry that make him a great player and you continue to think I'm just a dumb homer because I like the raptors. I don't wanna hear it anymore lol.

If anything, I underrate Irving and think he's all flash and 0 substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    I don't deto. You just underrate him, as do most people.

You're kinda trolling me at this point. Ive listed so many undeniable facts about Lowry that make him a great player and you continue to think I'm just a dumb homer because I like the raptors. I don't wanna hear it anymore lol.

If anything, I underrate Irving and think he's all flash and 0 substance.
    Lol

I don't underrate him at all man, I have always been high on Lowry but I think we are at a point where both Wall and Kyrie have surpassed him.

are you kidding me? I told you that just last season and probably the last couple of seasons I had Lowry higher than Kyrie and Wall, a top 20 player, maybe even top 15. He's even been snubbed a few times from being an allstar starter but since the second half of last season, playoff and throughout this year I'd rather have Kyrie and Wall. I think you underrate Wall more than Kyrie.

I never said he isn't a great player, I'm simply saying he really isn't as good offensively as you think he is or you describe him to be.

Naw I've got Wall ahead of Kyrie now. On my list I said Wall could take a big step if he could get Beal and Porter more involved and the team gelling and it seems like he's done that. The wiz defense the last 10 or so games has been concerning though..

I also said it baffled me that the wiz were so bad when I posted my top 50 and said that wall and Beal need to be better then this. They've outperformed any reasonable expectation I would have had since then haha!

I still have Lowry ahead of both, but Wall is really close. Actually have all 3 pretty much clumped together. Wall is a jumpshot away from being a top 5 player let's be honest. And Irving is... consistency/hustle away from being a top 10-15?

And to answer ur claim that he isn't as good as I think offensively, Ive always said that Lowry is a second option. Lowry is not skilled enough offensively (like Irving absolutely is) to be a #1 scorer. Wall also imo is not a #1 scorer on a championship contending team. But he has Beal and Lowry has Derozan who both are. Irving doesn't compliment LeBron, he just gives LeBron a breather every once in awhile and makes some nice iso plays that we can all oooahh at.

But value of a player should be higher for what they can do in the playoffs. Lowry is like the player version of the Thibodeau Bulls, plays really hard in the regular season but can't take it up another level during the playoffs. In fact, his scoring was down significantly in 14-15 playoffs and 3 points less in 15-16. And it's not like he has all world defenders hounding him especially with Derozan able to siphon some coverage away.

Lowry is great in the regular season, but when everyone plays hard in the playoffs, his limitations rear themselves. And at 31, he may get better one more year, but after that there is a good chance he'll decline significantly.

He's already showing signs of decline defensively. But the offense is on the uptick along with Derozan. Id say this is the first year I feel really comfortable with their offense going into the playoffs.

Derozan is having a true breakout this year, and Lowry kinda has had a weird progression.

Year one was kinda fluky

Year 2 he was out of shape and wall made him his bitch

Year 3 was the elbow injury he played through (skinny Lowry woulda made that cavs series at least somewhat interesting)

Year 4 is prove it season.. skinny lowry is still a top 20 player in the league and is better then wall and irving. He's injured now, but his offensive percentages and efficiency is up across the board since the beginning of the season. He and Derozan need to prove it in the playoffs this year because the cavs don't appear as strong as last year and teams like Washington/Boston are going to pass us as Lowry declines (if they haven't already)

That all being said, I'm selfish. This core is still good with a declining Lowry and the raps are a big enough market to sign him. The fans deserve a couple more playoff runs even if it means we may watch Lowry fall apart. Lowry's game is built on basketball IQ, Hustle and playmaking.. so he seems like the type of player who can age gracefully.

Lowry with 27-10 day back from injury while playing 42 minutes. Safe to say he's healthy for the playoffs.

I know this is gonna sound homerish, but I think the raps are gonna win the east unless LeBron goes full beast mode again.

But you haven't beaten the Cavs once this year. That's what it'll come down to is being able to grind out wins over the Cavs in a series. Unless the Cavs fall apart, I don't see how anyone in the East will beat them, especially after what they did to Boston last night.

Thread Information