Page 86 of 147 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast

Thread: For NBA fans

Go Jazz baby. Just watched the game, I feel so bad for Chris Paul.

Wiz looked soft as fuck against the c's and gortat looked terrible in the Horford matchup that I thought suited him. Depending on the adjustments coming for game 2, I think the c's could beat the wiz in 5. Beal, Wall and Porter all looked pretty good, so they're gonna need others to step up if they're gonna win.. the c's might just be the better (deeper) team.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    Bulls beating Celtics is a common pick in a lot of spots.

I'll go

C's in 6
    Cavs in 4
    Raps in 6
    Wiz in 5

GS in 4
    Spurs in 5
    Rockets in 4
    Clippers in 7
    Damn I was pretty close. I had 4 picks spot on. I correctly predicted 3 more (Wiz, Spurs and Rockets), but they took one more game that I predicted and my lone wrong pick was Clips in 7 instead of Jazz in 7.

Got every series right, not that it was too hard lol. Only series' I was very off on was the Celtics bulls and the cavs over the pacers. I figured George would get one game at least off the king and I didn't see the bulls winning a single game over the Celtics.

The spurs grizzlies series was also much closer then I expected.

Also holy fuck valanciunas can't keep up anymore and Derozan had a bad game. I'm half expecting JV to hit the bench again. Definitely some positives to last night though, Lowry is winning the matchup against Irving and norm Powell still looked great. Delon Wright is passing Cory Joseph on the totem pole too which is kinda sad but really good for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Got every series right, not that it was too hard lol. Only series' I was very off on was the Celtics bulls and the cavs over the pacers. I figured George would get one game at least off the king and I didn't see the bulls winning a single game over the Celtics.

Also holy fuck valanciunas can't keep up anymore and Derozan had a bad game. I'm half expecting JV to hit the bench again. Definitely some positives to last night though, Lowry is winning the matchup against Irving and norm Powell still looked great. Delon Wright is passing Cory Joseph on the totem pole too which is kinda sad but really good for the future.
    Cavs in 4

Yaya lol we'll see ass hole.

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Boston on the other hand couldn't score regularly against Chicago until Rondo got hurt. Rondo seemed to know a lot of the Celtic schemes and plays which helped him out a lot. No surprise that when he went out, they were able to score a little better. That also helped them tighten up their defense as they find could set it up consistently instead of getting mismatches in transition and having Rondo shred them. Even with Butler and Wade they couldn't score at all and Bradley won his matchup vs Butler.

Also, while Thomas is a bad defender, so is Dennis Schroeder. That guy just seems to not try at all.
    When you said the Bulls were a bad matchup for the Celtics, before the series started I thought that combo of Marcus Smart, Bradley and Crowder was enough to stop the bulls since they were mostly going to rely on Rondo/Wade/Buttler, and Bradley has always been great at defending Wade, even in his best days and Buttler. Too bad Rondo went down, that changed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    Damn I was pretty close. I had 4 picks spot on. I correctly predicted 3 more (Wiz, Spurs and Rockets), but they took one more game that I predicted and my lone wrong pick was Clips in 7 instead of Jazz in 7.
    Hey man, we got the Clippers/Jazz series wrong but keeping in mind Griffin would play haha. I thought it was over for the Clippers when Griffin went down, I was surprised they won game 6, and then I still believed the Clippers would win game 7 because I didn't believe in Utah in a game 7 and the Clippers were more experienced in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post

Derozan has had this same type of game against the Cavs since last year's playoff going back to game 5 and 6. He might play a little better but not much will change, Jr Smith played his best defensive game in the entire year probably. How the hell is Lowry winning the matchup against Irving lol?

I don't think the Cavs will sweep the Raptors, but the Raptors have no chance, they don't have enough shooting, they can't keep up with the Cavs. You need to be able to shoot and make alot more 3s to be able to compete with the Cavs and the Raptors don't have that. The Cavs have upped their game, and they will keep it up but you can just see it in them that they don't even see the Raptors as a real threat. They were clowning during the entire game, something they wouldn't be doing in the finals against the Spurs or Warriors.

I didn't feel like they clowned us at all last night for the first three quarters. Smith definitely did on a few plays when he got cocky, but that's him. Last year, I felt like the raps won game 3 and 4 because the cavs clowned around, but this year it seemed like LeBron and Lue got the team ready. They really took it to JV and derozan in the pick n roll and exploited that matchup. I expect the raps to adjust their gameplan in game 2 and potentially surprise a few people.

As for Derozan, he is a completely different player then he was last year, I don't see him playing as terribly as he did last night throughout this entire series. He was a -31 Last night. JR Smith is a good defender, but 43% shooting with 2 assists and 4 turnovers is completely unnacceptable against a cavs team that struggles defensively.

As for Lowry outplaying Irving, Lowry was kloe last night. 7/13 and 2/4 from 3 with 11 assists and 3 turnovers. Offensively Irving was comparably good, but was exploited over and over on defense. Lowry was a complete pest on that end and therefore I think he won that matchup (last night). Will that continue all series? I don't know, but I would bet yes.

All in all, I agree with you're statement about the raps lack of shooting and the fact that the raps probably don't have much of a chance, but last night was pretty terrible. Derozan needs to be better, the defense needs to be better and we need to do something about JV and to a lesser degree Cory Joseph. I don't even know if JV is playable after what happened while he was on the court last night. Thompson just plain outhustles him and frye/love outrange him.. and all three contain him well enough in the post that his presence doesn't even matter. I would rather lose with Norm Powell and Delon Wright then with JV and Cory Joseph at this point. They proved it in the bucks series and we saw more of that trend in game one of this series with both delon and Powell leading the team in +/-

Hey spence, still want to tell me there are 33 players in the NBA better than IT?

No but it's really all good, I'm all for people underestimating the shit out of the Celtics if it means we get to keep winning.

Lol chip on the shoulder much? Thomas rised like 7 spots on my top 50 from beginning to end of the season ima. Regardless of what Isaiah did last night though, Horford has been the best Celtics player in the playoffs so far imo. I'm sorry I value players who don't get completely exposed on the defensive end constantly.

And tbh, if you've been reading all my posts, I've probably defended the Celtics more then shit on them since the beginning of the playoffs and given Thomas props for carrying a really good offense (much better then the hawks). I think my criticizm about the lack of rebounding potential and concern about Thomas producing in the playoffs was fair to begin the playoffs and the bulls proved those concerns to be true in games 1 and 2 with tough d from Rondo and butler and offensive rebounds galore from the bulls bigs, but when Rondo went down, the c's took care of business. I think it's also pretty fair to say that the wizards have more talent on paper then the c's and are built to matchup Well, but the problem is a lack of depth on the bench and lack of leadership/chemistry.

The Celtics are a really good, deep team with great chemistry and should be power houses in the east again soon if all goes according to plan. I just don't really consider them a championship contender this year because the ceiling is too low. I still think the wiz can win that series.

Thread Information