Page 92 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 1442

Thread: For NBA fans

  1. #911

    Default

    Someone needs to take Curry out. Bullshit that the Warriors are being given a free pass to the Finals due to injuries AGAIN.

  2. #912

    Default

    Never seen a luckier team. Warriors were getting their asses handed to them. Zaza clearly stepped underneath Kawhi. That is not a play that happens a lot in the NBA because players are aware they can hurt others.

    SA showed that defending GS isn't the answer. Don't get me wrong you need a strong defense and rebounding to prevent multiple looks for them and fast breaks, but scoring is more important to set up your defense. GS relies more on missed shots and turnovers than execution. 74 points by Curry and Durant; Parker out and Kawhi basically missing a half. Win by 2.

    Heartbreaking loss for SA. That literally may have been the series. If SA wins, you can rest Kawhi and make it a best of 5 with home court advantage since they don't play game 3 till Saturday. This sucks.

  3. #913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    Okay, that's great. You said that the Rockets are one of the few select teams that plays good defense and contains the Warriors. I disagree with that statement. Rockets got exposed by a Spurs team down a couple key players. I wouldn't consider the Spurs a tougher match-up vs the Rockets as opposed to the Warriors.

    I'm curious on your analysis for the WCF match-up.

    Western Conference Finals:

    Warriors vs. Spurs
    Warriors in 5
    I said the Rockets were one of the only few teams that can nearly match GS scoring and they can play defense/contain the Warriors when it matters, I never said they would shut down the Warriors, obviously the Rockets are not great defensively but I meant that in small stretches during the game depending on who they have on the floor they can play solid defense, like they did against the Spurs.

    I don't think any team can fully contain GS for an entire game, as it showed today against the Spurs, their offense is always bound to burst at some point during a game, they're too good offensively, and the spurs' strength is their defense. Prof basically said the same thing I was trying to say in his last post, by saying scoring is more important against GS and as long as a team can play solid stretches of defense during the game, they will have a chance, a team doesn't necessarily need to be elite defenders or play great defense for the entire game to compete with the Warriors, that's the reason I was saying the Cavs/Rockets would fair different against GS because they can nearly match their offense and play solid defense for small stretches when they really try.

    That's part of the reason I initially thought the Spurs had no chance, with the way they were playing against the Rockets, Aldrige/Green not scoring well for most of the series with the exception of the last 2 games and Leonard injured. plus this is such an easy series/matchup for Curry, he should average 30+ against the Spurs, he always plays well against them. I have GS in 6, and if the Spurs had a chance I think it definitely ended today.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Never seen a luckier team. Warriors were getting their asses handed to them. Zaza clearly stepped underneath Kawhi. That is not a play that happens a lot in the NBA because players are aware they can hurt others.

    SA showed that defending GS isn't the answer. Don't get me wrong you need a strong defense and rebounding to prevent multiple looks for them and fast breaks, but scoring is more important to set up your defense. GS relies more on missed shots and turnovers than execution. 74 points by Curry and Durant; Parker out and Kawhi basically missing a half. Win by 2.

    Heartbreaking loss for SA. That literally may have been the series. If SA wins, you can rest Kawhi and make it a best of 5 with home court advantage since they don't play game 3 till Saturday. This sucks.
    Man, that Zaza play was some Bruce Bowen shit, that's all I could think of when I saw that play. I thought if the Spurs had a chance, Green/Aldrige were going to have to play/score well like the last 2 games against the Rockets, that must be frustrating as fuck how this game ended, everything that was going to take for the Spurs to have a chance to win this series looked like it was happening, they were scoring better than they did against the Rockets, with Aldridge playing well for most of the game with the exception of down the stretch then Leonard gets injured and barely lose the game. That sucks man but I think that's really the series right there.

  4. #914
    Blues Traveler The One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California.
    Posts
    7,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    Dirty fucking Warriors. Fake champs two years ago where every team they faced had significant injuries. Now Zaza takes out Kawhi in a fucking hit job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    Someone needs to take Curry out. Bullshit that the Warriors are being given a free pass to the Finals due to injuries AGAIN.
    Shut up you whiny, insufferable clown. Injuries and staying healthy are part of the game. Curry and Bogut were both banged up and injured in the Finals last year, and you don't see me throwing a temper tantrum about it.

    Leonard already had a banged up ankle coming into this series, and if anything him re-aggravating it again was on him/teammates. If you bothered to watch closely, the first time he stepped off the court after hitting a jump shot Leonard got his foot tangled with one of his teammates on the bench. The second time was when Leonard was shooting and jumping up, and Pachulia had his hands up and Leonard crashed down and landed on Pachulia's feet. That's not a "hit job", that's playing hard-nosed defense. Nothing dirty about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Never seen a luckier team. Warriors were getting their asses handed to them. Zaza clearly stepped underneath Kawhi. That is not a play that happens a lot in the NBA because players are aware they can hurt others.

    SA showed that defending GS isn't the answer. Don't get me wrong you need a strong defense and rebounding to prevent multiple looks for them and fast breaks, but scoring is more important to set up your defense. GS relies more on missed shots and turnovers than execution. 74 points by Curry and Durant; Parker out and Kawhi basically missing a half. Win by 2.

    Heartbreaking loss for SA. That literally may have been the series. If SA wins, you can rest Kawhi and make it a best of 5 with home court advantage since they don't play game 3 till Saturday. This sucks.
    I wouldn't call it necessarily lucky...you can't tell me that the Spurs expected to explode in the first half while the Warriors turned the ball over on repeat with Kerr back on the floor. I'd be kidding myself if I thought that the Warriors were going to come out of the half and make a comeback just like that. What a gritty, tough-fought win for the Warriors.

    As for Leonard, that was an unintentional injury that definitely swayed the game, which I'm bummed to see because teams don't want to win like that. But as I already addressed to Serge, staying healthy is part of the game.

  5. #915
    Blues Traveler The One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California.
    Posts
    7,304

    Default

    For those who think Pachulia's defense was dirty and intentional, take a look at what Leonard thought first-hand:

    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...1-ankle-injury

  6. #916

    Default

    I didn't expect anything based on regular season results versus the entire league. But I did know that if SA could score on GS, they would have a legitimate chance. GS may have come back even with Leonard, but they were going to lose that game.

    Also, Leonard's impact on offense was magnified since San Antonio is already without their primary ball handler in Tony Parker. He may not always score and was kinda a bum during the season, but he was getting better when it mattered. Without Tony and Kawhi, especially without preparation, SA could not generate enough offense down the stretch.

    SA I think proved they can not only hang with GS, but that their style bothers them. They can stymie them in the half court and if they limit their turnovers, GS in turn struggles to score on them.

    Without Leonard though, SA has no chance. He's the only one in the NBA who gives Durant and LeBron trouble because not only can he defend them 1-1 without help (meaning they'll get their points but probably inefficiently) but he can also attack them on offense. Once again, fuck Zaza. And if you think he's not dirty, you're either a homer which is understandable or haven't seen him much.

  7. #917

    Default

    Have you ever played basketball TO? Anyone who has ever played pickup basketball knows that you can't take a shooter's landing away. It's literally in the NBA rules which is why the foul was called. It's also the most common way dirty players take opponents out of the game. See: Bruce Bowen.

    And of course Kawhi is going to say it isn't dirty. He's a Spur, he's not going to go off script.

  8. #918

    Default

    Yeah TO, I don't know how can you even defend that. Look at this video, Bruce Bowen used to do that shit the whole time. Look how he did it and how Zaza did it, Zaza's play probably looks more obvious than how Bowen used to do it in the way he slid his foot twice and extended his last step lol. The fact it was well known Leonard had a bum ankle already and he did that only makes it more shady.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THGJJHln4Co

  9. #919
    Blues Traveler The One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California.
    Posts
    7,304

    Default

    People are missing the fact that Leonard was already playing semi-injured, and had re-aggravated his ankle earlier in the game before Pachulia and Leonard were involved. If Pachulia wanted to truly intentionally knock out Leonard, why didn't Pachulia just step on Leonard's ankle as he was coming down to guarantee Leonard would be out of the series?

    If this had happened to Curry or Durant, everybody would be saying that such a play was unintentional and just hard-nosed defense. Stop reaching for shit.

  10. #920

    Default

    Because if he steps on his ankle he is likely to get called for a flagrant and possibly get suspended for a game. The reason guys like Bowen and zaza have been doing this forever is because the rules don't harshly penalize it.

    100% chance I would be reacting the exact same way. Undercutting jump shots and shoving guys in the air on dunks/layups are huge pet peeves of mine.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •