Page 177 of 194 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Bochy’s last season as an MLB skipper. C’mon Giants...one last hurrah.

Marlins beating the Phillies 19-11 is fucking hilarious

Sano, if your Braves could just lose a game or two periodically that'd be great, thanks.

Nelson Cruz has been a complete beast for a long time now, but he’s having the best season of his career and he’s 39. Wonder how long he can keep it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    Sano, if your Braves could just lose a game or two periodically that'd be great, thanks.
    My condolences, friendo

For the first time since they moved to D.C. the Nationals have won a playoff series. This team is incredible. They are outmatched as hell but they just keep punching.

Crazy that the Brewers, Dodgers and Braves are out. Would not have guessed Cardinals or Nationals as the NL World Series team. Where did this Howie Kenrick dude come from? Rendon is going to get paid, Soto is insane and it would be kinda hilarious if they won the WS after Bryce Harper's journey to FA made the covers of video games.

Cardinals I thought sucked and is pretty surprising to see still in it. I thought like their pitching was basically done with massive regressions across the board.

Astros v. Yankees should be a good series.

These playoffs have been unreal, I guess this is the plus side of having so many teams tanking. The cream of the crop are that much more fun to watch.

Is there talk about Bryce Harper leaving and the team he left almost assuredly going to the WS in DC? I feel like thats a massively understated storyline right now in sports, but maybe Im not exposed to enough baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Is there talk about Bryce Harper leaving and the team he left almost assuredly going to the WS in DC? I feel like thats a massively understated storyline right now in sports, but maybe Im not exposed to enough baseball.
    Not really. Everyone knew Nats offered so much deferred money to Harper that he'd be paid until he was like fuckin 60 years old. But him leaving is a god send in a way. Sure you lose out on a potential generational talent, but in turn it basically allows them to potentially keep Strasburg and Rendon and use that money to bring in key pieces where they were weak to begin with. Though with how he's pitching in the postseason and Rendon putting up "sliders on rookie level" numbers, I'd assume both of them would command potentionally 150-Upper 250's million$ pending on the length of the contract.

What's funny though, is even when he shit the bed HARD in the first month of the season, he still had a fantastic season (.260 / 35 / 114 / 15) The BA leaves a bit to be desired, and he struck out way too much, but he was hitting the ball hard pretty much the entire season, stat sheet wise, he was almost as good as he was in 2015 when he won MVP. But he's in the same boat as Stanton, they don't want "elite" numbers. They want "You're paid to be the best. So No one should have that title except you" seasons.

It would of been blown WAY out of proportion if the Phillies made the playoffs and met the Nats, but that entire team shit the bed and shot itself in the foot so many times it doesn't really matter at this point.

Thread Information