Page 186 of 194 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Let me rephrase then. Id leave him off my ballet if he refused to sign my authentic jock strap collection too.

Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    So the guy left Jeter off his balot knowing Jeter was a slam dunk because it let him put an extra fringe player on his balot.
    If the real reason for a voter keeping Jeter off the ballot was to give a a fringe player a chance then you would have seen more than one voter do it. Don’t try to justify something as stupid as keeping Derek Jeter off of a hall of fame ballot. It’s just as stupid as it sounds.
    Last edited by Hugh; 01-28-2020 at 12:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

There werent 10 guys on the list anyways that were worthy. Next year is even thinner.

Price and Betts to the Dodgers

For those who don't know :
    Dodgers Acquire Betts and Price, along with Brauston Gababababababababaulllyyy whatever his name is
    Twins acquire Kenta Maeda
    Boston Gets Alex Verdugo and Brauston Gabababababababaullly whatever his name is.

Strange trade honestly, I know why Boston did it. But, I don't know why the hell the Dodgers would do it. Sure Betts is a game changer, and Price can be elite at times. But didn't Dodgers have a massive outfield logjam last year at one point? Trading OF for OF just...yea lol.

Verdugo, Pollack, Bellinger, Taylor, Hernandez. Plus they have a logjam infield as well

Muncy, Taylor, Hernandez, Lux, Turner, Seager and a bunch of situational guys. Everybody on that team plays multiple positions, sure. But how much value can you really have moving 12 bats around all over the diamond every day? At some point, positions need to settle in y'know?

Edit : Nvm, there goes Joc Pederson to the Angels. Logjam fixed not more than 4 seconds after I made this post

Highway robery. For the first time ever, I feel a little bad for the red sox.... but not really .

Dodgers have to be world series favourites at this point.

would they extend Betts or is this a rental

would they extend Betts or is this a rental
    I have a feeling it was mostly the same with Chapman and the Yankees - Cubs. Where management explained like "Hey, this needs to happen and we want you here. Help these guys win so you can help us win tomorrow, go try to get this world series and then we can do our business" kinda things. Then Chapman resigned the next year.

If it was to go Boston's dream scenario the following would need to happen :
    --JD Martinez goes off and is dealt at the deadline to a DH needing contender for more salary dump
    He brings back either a highly touted pitching prospect or a few dart throw 1-2 year away guys / Backend bullpen guys [Hader possibly?]

--Jackie Bradley is traded for another prospect

--Triston Casas and Bryan Mata DESTROY the minors and get called up

--Red Sox, now under luxury tax enter 2020/21 season with a 300 million dollar centerpiece, very little dead money, and a restructured rotation and begin contending again

Mookie hated Boston. David Price REALLY hated Boston. Like very openly in our media. The Red Sox fucked up. They signed price for waaaay too much money, and he fucking despised living here. The Boston sports media is more cut throat than any sports market in the nation and I'll eat my hat if you can prove me wrong. Athletes and managers are on record saying it fucking blows working here because it's championship or bust in Boston. Since 2000 I've seen six super bowl wins across nine appearances, four world series wins, one stanley cup across three appearances, and one NBA title across two appearances. I remember saying something bitching about the Red Sox and Hugh was like "you're only thirty and uou've seen four world series titles."

So Mookie and Price fucking hated it here. When Price came here he'd never won a post season game. The people here absolutely impaled him because he blew his first season and only came here for the money.

I ain't saying it's right, but if you come to Boston either win or go home. That isn't my feeling, it's just my observation on the culture here.

Not for nothing either, but when my dad was eight there wasn't a single year the Celtics had not won the NBA Championship since he was born. If you come here as an athlete in any sport... good luck.

I would not want to come here if I was a pro athlete. That's why Mookie is gone and the Red Sox ate half of Price's historically high salary.

Yeah I can see that. There’s no denying Boston is the king of the hill in pro sports. I’d have an easier time trying to prove Shaq is a Korean dwarf. It would be hard enough trying to stay mentally and emotionally focused throughout a 200 game, 9 month baseball season. Doing it in front of the toughest fans in baseball is something I can see a lot of players just not wanting to sign up for. Especially since baseball teams don’t really stick together anyway. Players get moved around so much practically everyone is an extended slump away from a new city.
    The Mariners suck, and have forever, but we have a beautiful stadium WITH a retractable roof ( no rainouts) good fans, plenty of money and no expectations. People here love the Mariners and we never win. Why not make a shitload of money playing here with no pressure? I mean there’s pressure to perform but nothing like with the Red Sox or Yankees.
    Of course you’re never going to win anything here but if you do you’ll be a fucking hero for eternity.
    Seriously Edgar Martinez is royalty here. The guy could commit murder on the top of the space needle and not get convicted. He was a career DH who hit a double in the NLCS once and a couple of batting titles. I mean I loved him too but Jesus.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Thread Information