Page 162 of 194 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

They'd trade him before losing him

The Red Sox aren’t going to trade or lose Mookie Betts. Spencer is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    They'd trade him before losing him
    I can't imagine they'd trade him, as he's one of those players where there's not much worth trading him for he's so wildly talented.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    The Red Sox aren’t going to trade or lose Mookie Betts. Spencer is right.
    I hope you're right. Like I said, I don't think they'll trade him, I just know this ownership from living here and they do have a history of refusing to resign no-brainer amazing players.

I guess from the perspective of someone from Boston with access to more local media and the physical ballpark - a lot of us want the owner John Henry to sell. I'm not saying they're not all in now, they obviously are. But he's fucked up with not paying managers and players for years if you look at it in a macroscopic sense. Johnny Damon, Jason Bay, hell - he gave up arguably the best GM in baseball in baseball history who ended the Red Sox drought AND the Cubs because he wanted his idiot rich friend to have more decision making power and Theo was like "I ended one of the two most historic World Series droughts in baseball history." And Theo was right, it was all him, he built everything for 2004, 2007, and even though he was gone, the team that won in 2013 was largely all his doing.

John Henry has more money than god, and he was all in for 2004. But the way Fenway Park has transformed has made it almost unrecognizable. He just added a bunch of high end food and branded the team super well, and turned it from a baseball park to a tourist trap. It's obvious to all of us old school fans here that he got his World Series, he created a product, branded it, and now it's more for sight seeing for tourists than it is for local baseball fans. It's the most expensive park in the MLB to go to in every regard - tickets, food, drinks, memorabilia - and that's actually a fact. So he's content with the team being just good enough to being playoff contenders because it will keep interest and maintain cash flow, but he doesn't give two shits if they win, he, as I said before, basically just turned Fenway into a giant ATM machine for himself.

So with their history of letting great players go under this ownership, I don't know Hugh and Hulky, I could totally see them letting him walk if he asks to get paid. The evidence is on my side, they've done it an unreal amount of times despite having a ton of money to spend. I hope I'm wrong but I'll bet you they lose him. Especially because the Yankees are willing to pay anything and just throw fistfuls of cash at players.

If Mookie wanted what he deserves which is probably Harper money and the RedSox for some reason had no intention they'd just trade him

That'd be even worse IMO. He's beyond valuable and there's nothing out there worth trading for him. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, I just know this team. They'll let him walk, they always do. If they win this year he's out the door guaranteed. They'll have made their money and he'll end up in New York.

Baseball stadiums are almost all going that route. I think its kinda nice to have the stadium rejuvenated and modernized. New generations of fans want craft beers, local/gourmet restaurants, daycare and various other family activities in the stadium. The days where you go to a stadium with your family to simply watch a baseball game are gone, so you're seeing stadiums add things like this to the stadiums to draw more casual fans and families.

The blue jays ownership actually has the most money in baseball if we look at the networth of the rogers family (much more then John Henry or Hal Steinbrenner) and there exists a laundry list of things that need to be improved on the stadium but ownership simply refuses to budge on.

This ownership bought the team in 1995 for pennies proceeded to destroy the team that had just won 2 world series back to back and dominate most of the 1980s. From their they continually missed the playoffs for 20+ years and swiftly undid the team after making the playoffs for 2 measly years in 2015 and 16

In 2005, Rogers purchased the Skydome renamed it the Rogers centre, and have not made any notable renovations or refurbishments since then. They've sold out to maximize profits at almost every possible chance, they're in the process of gutting the team's payroll and are butting heads with our team president because he's trying to get them to spend money on needed stadium renovations and refurbishments. The stadium is (I believe) one of if not the oldest stadiums in baseball not to have undergone any serious renovations, and their are whispers that theyre looking to sell the team. Makes sense, because the estimated minimum reno costs for the stadium are in excess of 500 million dollars... so we'll see what happens to the team. It would be absolutely criminal of rogers to sell the team at this time, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Here are two interesting articles about stadium fan experiences.

https://www.reviewtrackers.com/fan-s...ball-stadiums/

https://www.fangraphs.com/tht/introd...erience-index/

What? The Rogers Centre was built in 1989. It's far from the oldest stadium in baseball. It's also the ugliest stadium in baseball in my opinion.

Oldest in baseball that hasnt been refurbished or upgraded in any way. It is exactly the same as it was back then besides general maintenance and repairs.

Fenway has seen many upgrades over the years and so has wrigley.

In terms of oldest stadiums in general, 1989 actually is one of the older stadiums in baseball.

I totally agree it is the ugliest stadium in baseball. It was designed to be useful moreso then architecturally pretty. It needs to be bulldozed tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    What? The Rogers Centre was built in 1989. It's far from the oldest stadium in baseball. It's also the ugliest stadium in baseball in my opinion.
    You have a really bad habit of not reading people's posts all the way through and starting an argument based off of something they didn't say.

Spencer said it's one of the "oldest stadiums in baseball not to have undergone any serious renovations." That's a word-for-word quote from his post. Rogers Centre is currently the 7th oldest stadium in MLB, and he's probably right about it being the only one of the older stadium not to have undergone serious renovations. Kauffman Stadium went through some big renovations in 2006 to modernize it and increase fan experience. Fenway has had improvements since 2000 (like the Green Monster seats and some of the grandstand areas), Wrigley has been going through some cosmetic improvements the last few years, the Dodgers have spent hundreds of millions to build shops and restaurants around the stadium and improve entrances, etc. I think the only thing Rogers Centre got was a new scoreboard over the years.

Thread Information