Page 137 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Yup. Freeman is a juggernaut. Been sayin he was underrated in drafts for about 3 years now.

Marez, what u think of my trade in a dynasty league:

Send: Lester, Lynn, Chapman

Receive: Urias, Finnegan, Karns, Clevinger.

My team is a fringe playoff team, and I'm trying to make the playoffs this year, but the goal is to try and really compete next year. I think I fleeced the dude because I feel like the combination of clevinger, karns, and Finnegan might very well outperform Lester and Lynn this year, and I only had to give up my declining saves asset (chapman) for Urias (saves is a bit of a strength for my team). What are you're thoughts on the SPs involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Yup. Freeman is a juggernaut. Been sayin he was underrated in drafts for about 3 years now.

Marez, what u think of my trade in a dynasty league:

Send: Lester, Lynn, Chapman

Receive: Urias, Finnegan, Karns, Clevinger.

My team is a fringe playoff team, and I'm trying to make the playoffs this year, but the goal is to try and really compete next year. I think I fleeced the dude because I feel like the combination of clevinger, karns, and Finnegan might very well outperform Lester and Lynn this year, and I only had to give up my declining saves asset (chapman) for Urias (saves is a bit of a strength for my team). What are you're thoughts on the SPs involved?
    I freaking love Clevinger. He's probably my guy among SPs this year. The other three are closer to dart throws to me, but I agree it comes down to the saves asset. Because I do realistically believe that Clevinger could supplant Lester decently well this year and getting some young talent is nice. I like Finnegan and Urias has the potential obviusly to pay off huge.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Freddie leads the majors in runs scored, RBIs, and walks. He's going to have a monster season now that the rest of the lineup is hitting well. But that stat about zone pitches might say as much about Markakis as it does Freeman. The lineup is working, so I hope we don't make changes as long as the offense is performing like this, but I see Preston Tucker hitting cleanup at some point - that will get Freeman some more pitches.
    I'm not gonna buy into the Tucker hype yet. They're walking/pitching around Freeman to get to Markakis most times, but that doesn't work very well because Markakis is an excellent contact hitter. I want the rest of the fans (not you specifically) to temper their expectations on Tucker. I saw some outrageous article saying it'll be a hard choice between Acuna and Tucker. I hate Braves media most times, especially lately in our mediocre years because they'll literally grasp at anything to cling to potential success.

Lolol true. Tucker will be a good fit to push acuna tho. If acuna struggles at all, Tucker is serviceable.

They could just put Tucker at 3rd or rotate tucker as the 4th infielder to rest Inciarte, Acuna, Mark

I dont see any reason why you would expect Tucker to be able to play anywhere other then left field and a dismal 1b. He isn't a good fielder.

I don't expect him to do anything because he will be on the pine come end of next week

I really wish Marcus Thames would sit Stanton down and tell him to knock off this thing he's doing.

Last year prior to the allstar break, Stanton was K'ing a lot, and during the break (His normal at the time iirc was around 27%), he went from a level stance like this (2016):

to this : (2017 pre-allstar break) (and also cut his K% down to like ~19-23%)

To this (current) :

Do you see how much of an extreme he's taking on being closed off? It's getting to the point where he physically can't hit pitches low and away or up in the zone, and it's showing. Not only that, but he's also much further back from the plate (notice where he's standing in the Dodger gif as opposed to the Toronto gif). What's weird about it to, is both of those bottom ones have been offspeed (or a breaker), as noticed by his 2nd hitch in his step, but this year ever since the HR against the Rays, he literally hasn't used it at all, I really wanna get into reporting for baseball so I can ask him wtf he's doing. I've played enough baseball and studied a lot of it to know there's no success with that much of an extreme, and I really wish someone would talk to him about it.

Not only that, but you can tell he's offbalanced by his plant foot in the 3rd gif, see how he rolls over his own ankle? Where as the 2nd gif, its firmly planted and stays level (to an extent) and he's gotten lower from his initial stance.
    Last edited by Gryph; 04-10-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Thread Information