Page 154 of 194 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Hugh, you're basically proving my point.

It's fun to dream on the potential. Im seriously not trying to ruin the fun of it, I just don't completely buy that if he shifted his focus, he'd LIKELY be an all time great. Is it possible? For sure, but he wasn't an all time great (strictly speaking with baseball) and we really don't know how much all of the stuff you mentioned factored into his ability to hit a baseball. Mickey Mantle without the debilitating knee injuries, Doc Gooden without the drugs, Bonds without the PEDs, Shaq without the cheeseburgers. It's so rare that we have guys like Lebron James, Gretzky, Trout, MJ who just embody greatness with no ifs ands or buts. Maybe I'm just a MASSIVE trout fanboy (I really am lol), but I feel like we take away from his greatness by comparing him to anyone who isn't already on baseballs Mount Rushmore.

Either way, I'm not trying to debate it really, just sharing my opinion. The Bo Jackson story is one of the best and most compelling stories in all of sports and I don't want to take away from that either.

Oh, ok.
    Mike Trout is the best baseball player alive and maybe the greatest of all time. No argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Yeeesssss!

I talk about him so much at home that my gf said she's gonna make me a trout shrine in my man cave. Not sure if she's joking, but it will be interesting if she follows through. I want it D:

Does your gf like baseball?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

It's just such a tragedy that Trout's tenure as GOAT is going to be so short. He was basically just put on this earth to mentally prepare the baseball world for the rise of Juan Soto.

Speaking of which: the Phillies were winning 6-5 in the bottom of the 8th at Nats Park tonight. Nats get a leadoff walk. Turner makes an out. Harper doubles leaving runners at 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Rendon breaks his bat for the second out. With runners at 2nd and 3rd and two outs the Phillies manager chose to intentionally walk the 19 year old Juan Soto in order to pitch to 3 time all star Daniel Murphy with the bases loaded. Granted, Soto is red hot and Murphy is hitting sub 200 since coming back from injury with no XBHs. But Murphy has been the most dangerous and clutch hitter in the NL over the last three years and has a career BA of .443 with the bases loaded. Walking Soto has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen a manager do. If you had walked Soto to get to litterally anyone else in our lineup I would have called it smart. But not Murphy.

Braves are forreal if we can get a bullpen. Leading 3 positions in all star votes right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    It's just such a tragedy that Trout's tenure as GOAT is going to be so short. He was basically just put on this earth to mentally prepare the baseball world for the rise of Juan Soto.

Speaking of which: the Phillies were winning 6-5 in the bottom of the 8th at Nats Park tonight. Nats get a leadoff walk. Turner makes an out. Harper doubles leaving runners at 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Rendon breaks his bat for the second out. With runners at 2nd and 3rd and two outs the Phillies manager chose to intentionally walk the 19 year old Juan Soto in order to pitch to 3 time all star Daniel Murphy with the bases loaded. Granted, Soto is red hot and Murphy is hitting sub 200 since coming back from injury with no XBHs. But Murphy has been the most dangerous and clutch hitter in the NL over the last three years and has a career BA of .443 with the bases loaded. Walking Soto has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen a manager do. If you had walked Soto to get to litterally anyone else in our lineup I would have called it smart. But not Murphy.
    I would of done the same thing, had nothing to do with wanting to face either Soto or Murphy, what he did want was set up a force at any base if an infield squib, which was why they aligned like that defensively and chose to play straight up and corners in for that situation, or if the catcher was forced to field a grounder near the plate. Would you rather try to throw out the 19 year old phenom running full speed to 1st, or the 37 year old with surgically repaired knees?

I'd rather take my chances with the 19 year old frankly. Because he's 19.. dude is at least a couple hundred abs before I'm more scared to pitch to him then an all star. Small sample size be damned.

Thread Information