Page 134 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Also... fuck Markakis. Dude is probably the most overrated bad player in the world cause he's a good ol white boy who keeps his head down and goes about his business.

Dude plays barely average corner outfield defense, he's an average runner and is 2 years running below replacement level with his bat. I know the stats don't point to a single reason to be optimistic about a bautista bounceback, but I would say Markakis is much more likely to produce less then replacement level value at his position this year because if he's got anything goin for him, he's consistent. Consistently meh. Bautista could be much much more then meh this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Also... fuck Markakis. Dude is probably the most overrated bad player in the world cause he's a good ol white boy who keeps his head down and goes about his business.

Dude plays barely average corner outfield defense, he's an average runner and is 2 years running below replacement level with his bat. I know the stats don't point to a single reason to be optimistic about a bautista bounceback, but I would say Markakis is much more likely to produce less then replacement level value at his position this year because if he's got anything goin for him, he's consistent. Consistently meh. Bautista could be much much more then meh this year.
    Markakis is a league average p layer though, and Bautista is much much less likely to be a league average player.

I'm not denying that.

I'm not denying that.
    Yeah I know. You just seem to think this is a really good investment for a lot of teams and I just don't. Especially if you have to pay $$s.

Watching Billy McKinney first mlb ab right now btw. Good times

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    Yeah I know. You just seem to think this is a really good investment for a lot of teams and I just don't. Especially if you have to pay $$s.
    Ya I get that, I don't think it's a really good investment by any means, I'm just clearly a lot higher then you and sano who seem to think he's essentially worthless.

Jeez. It looks like Sanchez got rid of his curveball because of his vagina hands. That's kinda sad. But his new changeup is interesting. 90-92 with massive sink. He's loving it.

Ya I get that, I don't think it's a really good investment by any means, I'm just clearly a lot higher then you and sano who seem to think he's essentially worthless.
    He's worthless to the Braves*.

Acuna is a five tool player. Markakis can at least get on base consistently, and inciarte will do the same. We don't need Bautista, like at all. Braves don't need anymore older players to fill up. We have great depth in the minors and we're trying to contend next year.

Plus i hate bautista.

I know sano. It'd make my day to see bautista hit a walk off in Atlanta and have all the conflicted braves fans cheer for him .

Also, for arguments sake, bautista has had a higher obp then Markakis in every season since his breakout in 2010 other then 2012 (where he certainly outslugged Markakis and had a comparable obp) and last year. My whole argument is based around teams just giving him a pass on 2017 and hoping for a bounceback to 2016 or prior numbers, where he was a much better player then Markakis..

Also also, show me the 3rd baseman ready to push the braves into contention. You're telling me the braves would bypass a chance at playing bautista this year and potentially putting up 2+ war because they have awesome prospects, but where's the 3b. I don't see one. He could literally platoon with one of your shitty utility infielders at 3b, pinch hit, be a positive influence on young players (He really is one as much as you, and many others, hate him), and press Markakis for abs in rf if he does well or if Markakis struggles. Im not saying he would definitely be an asset, I'm literally just saying he's worth the risk on a cheap 1 year deal. I think almost any young team would be foolish not to give Bautista a chance.

I liked the dickey, colon and kemp signings last year, I'd like the bautista signing this year. Braves are at least a year away.

And yes... I know kemp wasn't a signing.

Thread Information