Hugh, you're basically proving my point.

It's fun to dream on the potential. Im seriously not trying to ruin the fun of it, I just don't completely buy that if he shifted his focus, he'd LIKELY be an all time great. Is it possible? For sure, but he wasn't an all time great (strictly speaking with baseball) and we really don't know how much all of the stuff you mentioned factored into his ability to hit a baseball. Mickey Mantle without the debilitating knee injuries, Doc Gooden without the drugs, Bonds without the PEDs, Shaq without the cheeseburgers. It's so rare that we have guys like Lebron James, Gretzky, Trout, MJ who just embody greatness with no ifs ands or buts. Maybe I'm just a MASSIVE trout fanboy (I really am lol), but I feel like we take away from his greatness by comparing him to anyone who isn't already on baseballs Mount Rushmore.

Either way, I'm not trying to debate it really, just sharing my opinion. The Bo Jackson story is one of the best and most compelling stories in all of sports and I don't want to take away from that either.