Page 191 of 194 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 1935

Thread: For MLB fans

Quote Originally Posted by Habeas Corpus View Post
    Kershaw is the last dodger who deserves a ring with his playoff performances. Best regular season pitcher of all time statistically speaking but way too disappointing year after year in the post. Although Roberts is partially at fault for not being able to say no to him. Also Braves are sick right now, one of my favorite NL teams.
    I'm super excited for the Braves, the issue is Liberty Media. We should've paid Josh Donaldson whatever he wanted tbh, regardless if he tapered off after the last two years. Letting him go to a loaded Twins team was a colossal mistake. Albies and Acuna signing 8-10 year deals for absolutely nothing is astounding and almost robbery. I'd like us to resign Freeman (which we almost certainly will) and Swanson as well. I think Riley is our future at 3B. He cleaned up his swing and looked very very good in spring. Will definitely have 30HR power for the forseeable future.

Soroka is going to be the first Braves pitcher to win a Cy Young since Smoltz/Glavine/Maddux. I'd like us to move on from Folty. Fried will be a great #3 guy. Ian Anderson or Kyle Wright will end up our #2 imo.

Pache and Waters are the real deal and it will be very soon where we have Pache at CF, Waters at LF and Acuna in RF. It will be one of the best if not the best defensive outfield in baseball. Almost similar to how the Rays were.

I think Acuna has a very bright future. I just hope the Braves don't squander it. Having Freeman Albies and Acuna is a core many would kill for. We won't have this window for long and we should've honestly been buyers in FA for SP. Hamels was a shit deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    OOTP Baseball on steam is amazing. Also the show 20 is pretty sick too.
    I have the show 19. Is there any difference between it and '20? Don't really feel like blowing 90$ on the same game.

Quote Originally Posted by Madamos View Post
    I have the show 19. Is there any difference between it and '20? Don't really feel like blowing 90$ on the same game.
    I like some of the improvements to franchise. RTTS got some solid quality of life improvements imo. I enjoy the new relationship build as you play with teammates thing. I'd buy the base game for 60 and not spend 90.

DNA

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Nope, they changed the rule recently. That literally happens exactly as you pointed out.
    Not to play devils advocate as I’m uncertain with the rule completely but I also felt it added an area of uncertainty like the vide posted above. If the pitcher can’t execute it properly, it leaves the chance for a huge play or overthrow. Is the rule only to speed it the up when there is no one else on base?

I like some of the improvements to franchise. RTTS got some solid quality of life improvements imo. I enjoy the new relationship build as you play with teammates thing. I'd buy the base game for 60 and not spend 90.
    AI managers are still complete trash though. I played 20 for like 2 days and realized on a mechanic level, all they did was just change the way you hit the ball hard.

Ya I'm not a fan of how they handle the bullpen at all? Like why are 50 OVR guys in an MLB bullpen? I do like that you can insist that you're staying your position and the team will just trade you if you're gonna be a douche.

Ya I'm not a fan of how they handle the bullpen at all? Like why are 50 OVR guys in an MLB bullpen? I do like that you can insist that you're staying your position and the team will just trade you if you're gonna be a douche.
    See you say that lol. I made a catcher and got drafted by the Marlins. Told them I'm staying a catch, got called up and just...started playing in LF, as a 78, and the catcher behind the plate was 62.

So...yeah Artificial "Intelligence" once I played ~50 or so games, my player card auto changed to Lf primary / C secondary and I just stopped playing altogether after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
    See you say that lol. I made a catcher and got drafted by the Marlins. Told them I'm staying a catch, got called up and just...started playing in LF, as a 78, and the catcher behind the plate was 62.

So...yeah Artificial "Intelligence" once I played ~50 or so games, my player card auto changed to Lf primary / C secondary and I just stopped playing altogether after that.
    Lmao.

Thats actually fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by DNA View Post
    Not to play devils advocate as I’m uncertain with the rule completely but I also felt it added an area of uncertainty like the vide posted above. If the pitcher can’t execute it properly, it leaves the chance for a huge play or overthrow. Is the rule only to speed it the up when there is no one else on base?
    If I had to guess the potential runs added by pitcher mistake on an intentional walk, Id guess it would be microscopically low. I get what you're saying, but I think the rule was mainly implemented to speed up the game a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryph View Post

they put my in RF after I argued I'm staying 3B when I chose to get drafted by the braves. I got called up last 2 weeks of regular season. During the offseason I got traded to the Dbacks and then a week later to the cubs. Played a whole season with them, won ROTY, the HR derby, 3rd in MVP voting, Silver Slugger. Got traded in the offseason to the yankees to DH play RF when no DH and Judge shifts to LF.

I'm so mad I've been traded 4 times within my first year. On the bright side, I'm an 81 OVR now so the game isn't annoying anymore. I much prefer pitching in the game tho tbh.

Thread Information